Open A Drunken Touch!

Leda goes to the Herald's Arms for a change of scenery.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Sigrun Dominic on April 18th, 2013, 6:58 am

"Arguably."

Sigrun sighed as she gently rested herself onto the barstool where the man once sat, her body facing Leda as she glanced over to the approaching bartender, who rested a ceramic mug in front of her on the counter. The young blonde took two delighted gulps of the ale and chuckled.

"So, do you have much call to kick the petch out of intoxicated morons like that in your day to day dealings or are you simply a natural? I must say, I was very amused."

She released the mug and rested her elbow on the counter, her fingers held against her chin as she tilted it to the side. She looked at the dark-haired young woman and smiled sincerely.

"And impressed. Unfortunately, my own defense skills are somewhat lacking. I tend to try and avoid confrontation but I should probably learn a trick or two for they day when they'll definitely be much needed," the young woman added.

Sigrun brought her hand forward and glanced down at her shaky fingers. It was clear she was still quite affected by the encounter. Her heartbeat was still settling.

"Simply natural," she mused, and shook her head with a grimace before bringing her arm back to its previous position.

Leda mirrored the young girl's sitting position, resting her chin on her cupped hand as she smiled at her. Sigrun found the friendliness and attention to be refreshing, and couldn't help but return the kind smile. She seemed to be observing her features, but the young blonde didn't mind much, as she didn't find it to be malicious.

"Are you a squire? Or a knight? Though, admittedly, I would not think you were one. Not because you don't look capable. It just doesn't look right, so to speak."

"Oh no, no," she waved her free hand in the air, the other taking a hold of her mug, "none of that. And you're absolutely right, it wouldn't look right."

She chuckled to herself, taking another hearty gulp of her ale, noticing only a little later that Leda had diverted her attention to something, or someone, behind her.

Sigrun followed her gaze until she was met with the eyes of a young man seated on the other side of the bar as well. Slowly, a grin spread on her lips.

She turned forward to face Leda, an amused expression playing on her face.

"I deliver flowers," she mused, "for Atta Sabot at the Flower Stand. I also help her arrange them."

She took a small sip of ale before continuing.

"It was a random encounter and an act on impulse," she snickered, her eyes staring into the mug, "I honestly don't know what I'm doing exactly, or where I'm going."

The last of her sentence ran softly through her lips as if it was reluctant to leave her and be revealed. It faded into the scenery, just as lost as its meaning.

"Common."
"Fratava."

Will be responding slowly at times due to the the demands of university.
Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Words: 208302
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 4:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Adsila on April 18th, 2013, 10:54 am

Adsila wondered if maybe she was being impolite. She got up and went back to where the woman were and followed the one woman's gaze, there was a man that was looking at them. "Sorry for leaving like that, and before you say anything about me being a Myrain and being very polite it is because I was raised a little bit differnetly, don't get me wrong, if in a fight I can fight very well, but why always fight, why always have enemies if you can have aquaintences or friends for that matter, although not many people like Myrians." Adsila sighed as she looked around and seeing if she could flag down the bartender for another drink. Adsila then looked at Leda, and extended her hand, "My name is Adsila, Adsila of the Crimson Moon"
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Lindel Ward on April 18th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Although he had been peeking, he had not expected to a look to be returned. His eyes nervously diverted from Leda's only to double take and see Sigrun taking a look too. That was awfully awkward, especially with women he didn't know. They looked terribly young, his age even. That made him think how old he looked that he could go around drinking. Maybe he could pass to be a little older and…no, no that was silly. A few days without the proper guidance and his mind went to gutters, like the Herald's Arm by example. Lindel was looking into his cup now, the dark reflection of his face in the alcohol and rippled light looked vague and formless. He sympathized, not quite knowing what he was doing her now that he reconsidered what it was he was supposed to value.

Lindel returned his attention to the bar, but not the fine ladies, rather everyone else. The bar keeper looked to be a bit anxious. The men were drunk, sloppy, open purses to be robbed by the equally as terrible women, exposed, also dirty. Syliras did have highs and lows, but this was a particular low he should know better than affiliate with. Why the girls eve came here was a good question – not that there were many options, and Lindel himself found before that drinking alone can be very, very lonely.

He caught sight of the Myrian coming back. He was sure now, the skin, the height of the woman – she was a tower over some of the men easily – and to an extent her décor. There were quite a few odd balls that rolled through the castle gates from time to time though, and assuming only got him so far. Lindel watched them in discussion, their lips moving with calm, some smirks and manners, nothing out of the ordinary really.

His mind had not become as numb as he'd like it to be, and so he returned to the intoxicating reflecting pool and just looked at it. A glance back at the women encouraged him too much, and he lifted his drink and started to slurp it down. He took his time enough as to not make a messy fool of himself. He had no intentions of becoming a drunk either and that seemed like the best way to. He let the tensions drain from him and waited in his own silence for just the right time. Now? Now, no, not now. His fingers curled in and out of a fist on the bar and he looked back at the girls and drink. One more ought to be enough, maybe. He was cautious to not become as far-gone as the other men, but when under an influence that perspective even seemed to distort.
Lindel Ward
Player

Words: 33650
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Leda on April 19th, 2013, 6:07 pm

She certainly did not look much of a flower girl either, or flower woman was probably a more accurate description. She looked less a flower girl than a squire, and Leda found herself wondering what exactly she did want to do with her life - as a career - but then she said she didn't know where she was going or what she was doing. A bit like herself really.

"Well. I tell fortunes. I read tarot cards, rune stones and tea leaves and, of course, practise palmistry." Leda smiled and licked her lips, trying to avoid flushing. Though she was undoubtedly proud of her craft, of her art, there were plenty of people who saw in it nothing but superstition at best and trickery in what she told. Therefore, with raised eyebrows, she hastily changed the subject.

"This is not half bad." she indicated the ale, "Then again, for sixteen years of my life, I was used to something vile. You wouldn't believe how dreadful the ale on board a ship is. I rather think they make it with seawater - it's so salty... the wine was fine though."

The guy was still looking at them and Leda glanced at him again. He was good-looking, with that perfect mixture of a masculine jaw line and a baby face that most women coveted. Unfortunately, it was rather unmarked by the passing of time which meant it rather lacked character and an interesting face could have the same effect as a pretty one. Still... he looked quite friendly and Leda was a social soul. She'd never say no to getting to know new people.

It was then that the Myrian came back and, if Leda had been surprised by her behaviour before, she was even more so now. How could a myrian be quite so polite? Though she explained why herself, it was still rather odd behaviour.

"Oh right. Yes," Leda smiled in response to her apologies, slightly taken aback at the suddenly outstretched hand.

"Leda. My name is Leda."
Leda
What is Passion without Psychosis?

Words: 80531
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Sigrun Dominic on April 19th, 2013, 6:47 pm

"Well. I tell fortunes. I read tarot cards, rune stones and tea leaves and, of course, practice palmistry."

Sigrun's face lit up. Never before had she met anyone who could do the things Leda mentioned. She opened her mouth to speak, but instead grinned as she saw the excitement in the raven-haired woman's face when she spoke of what she did for a living.

Before she could comment and request for a reading, however, Leda quickly spoke up again.

"This is not half bad," she said, referring to the ale. Sigrun nodded in agreement; the Herald's Arms was her farorite place to drink at.

"Then again, for sixteen years of my life, I was used to something vile. You wouldn't believe how dreadful the ale on board a ship is. I rather think they make it with seawater - it's so salty... the wine was fine though."

"On board a ship?" Sigrun raised her eyebrows, intrigued. She continued to speak even though she noticed that Leda's attention was brought over to the male stranger behind them.

"Are you... A sailor of sorts? Svefran?" the last of Sigrun's sentence practically dripped with anticipation and excitement; her father was part Svefran, and she was a third.

It was then did she glance behind her again to the young man behind them. He was enjoying his own drink by himself, and for a moment the young blonde thought of hailing him over to join them, but decided against it. She turned to face Leda once more.

"Would you do a reading for me?" she beamed at her, "I'm willing to pay."

Before Leda could respond, however, the woman from a while ago returned.

"Sorry for leaving like that, and before you say anything about me being a Myrian and being very polite it is because I was raised a little bit differently, don't get me wrong, if in a fight I can fight very well, but why always fight, why always have enemies if you can have aquaintences or friends for that matter, although not many people like Myrians."

"That was a mouthful," Sigrun thought, listening intently to Adsila as she reintroduced herself.

The young blonde had heard of Myrians before and how dangerous they can be, but she'd never met one before. Her mother used to tell her of them and how they had a thirst for battle, and it came as a shock to her that the one before them was quite the opposite. She didn't doubt her capabilities, however, but a small part of her had hoped that the first Myrian she was going to meet was as inimical as the next.

"My name is Adsila, Adsila of the Crimson Moon," Adsila brought her hand out for Leda to shake. Somehow Sigrun expected the woman to ignore her.

"Oh right. Yes. Leda, my name is Leda."

As the two shook hands, Sigrun decided to take the plunge. Once their hands parted, she leaned forward and faced the Myrian.

"Dominic. Pardon my previous outburst, I was emotionally charged. Pleased to meet you."

And she meant it. It wasn't everyday you could meet a polite Myrian; best to seize the moment.

"Common."
"Fratava."

Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Adsila on April 20th, 2013, 2:07 am

"I just seen that you might have been into trouble and I figured that I could help. Jumping to conclusions though sometimes is a bad part of me." Adsila smiled.
"How long have you guys been in Syliras for?" Adsila asked.

She looked over behind her again and seen that guy that the other two kept glancing at. She wondered why he was so interested in them. Was he going to come over here or was he just going to stay back there and gawk at them the whole time. Geeze, some men, but at least he didn't look completely drunk or out of it. So that was good. She thought to herself and then turned herself back around to face the girls while sipping her ale.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Lindel Ward on April 20th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Lindel had not intended for them to be looking back at him at all, and so he began to blush lightly under red flames and ale - too many illogical excuses. They were pretty though, he had to admit, and there was a level of temptation to touch, though he shouldn't if it wasn't his, whatever it is. Maybe at this distance though, maybe he could try to reach astrally. It was far from an intended use of magics, but his brain began to be silly, sillier rather.

He was nearly done, and was flagging down the bar tender for another drink. Drinking the days away was a nice way to forget, and the replacement of self-imposed achievement by attracting free women, free of sexual labor that was, was a bit exciting. The mizas were out, and in his dumb state he proposed an offer. "Hey, a round on the three ladies over there," he said merrily, drunkenly, pointing subtly as he could to Leda and the evident brigade. They were clearly on a hunt for the hearts of men, and very skilled at doing so.

He began to muse over some compositions in his head, how he'd immortalize this moment and their future conquests in prose, or maybe that was too simple. The epics of poetry might seem fitting, lofty language, and the nuances of ambiguities between them.

Raven-lock hair, or was it merely a dark brown? How ought I say that? Eyes like the blue sky... but the sky is already blue, and that's quite overdone. If only I had known better verse. But they're not so docile, maybe...

There, eyes of steely blue,
Look out, young sir, of they'll steal you.
Off in the dark, there their eyes burning blue
Plotting...

Gods no, they would sound too devious. But they are, aren't they? This is already beginning to amateur. Perhaps...

There, their eyes, burning steel blue,
See them, young sir, seeking to steal you.
There, those eyes, ever-burning and true,
Seek to devour, young sir, the unsuspecting like you.

'The unsuspecting like you' what rubbish. Such a plot seems so contrived too. But, alas, here I am making fun of some lovely ladies on their nights away from a loom. What else rhymes with true? Blue, you - Gods, I used you twice, rubbish, absolute rubbish - two...to, too, who, sew, brew, dew. I might comment on the morning dew, but against fire and steel? Moo... No, absolutely not moo. New, poo - oh Gods, why - rue.

There, those eyes, ever-burning, true,
Lure you in, young sir, pleasure you would rue.

Much more plausible, although elementary. At least the meter works, somewhat. You're no poet, Lindel, let it go.

He blinked for some unknown reason and realized he had been staring at the dark haired Leda the whole while, eyes set, dead on, his present inspiration. The red came back and he was caught unaware as to what to do. Should he look away? But he had already bought them all drinks, and his own. He reached to finish one drink and start the next, but didn't know quite where it all was, and didn't want to look away. Or did he? Was he afraid? Oh Gods, is she...
Lindel Ward
Player

Words: 33650
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Leda on April 21st, 2013, 1:12 pm

Leda smiled at Dominic's reaction.

"Half Svefran and brought up as one, mostly. I was never very good at it though - I mean, the sailing."

She was happy to hear that Dominic did not turn up her nose at such as fortune telling, and was about to answer affirmatively to the request when the myrian joined the conversation.

"Don't worry about it. We all jump to conclusions once in a while, and I can assure you, it has gotten me into much worse situations than that."

Leda was still mistrustful, still mindful of the reputations of the Mirians, and she was a little ashamed of it, so did her best to hide it and, she was quite sure, achieved it.

"I've been in Syliras, for the second time, since the beginning of last Winter. Before that, I was here for a couple of seasons from the end of Summer five hundred and eleven. I came back because it suited me better than anywhere else I had travelled during that period." Leda did not add that the main reason for this was the security system in Syliras. Mizahar was a dangerous world and, as things were - for the moment, finding the one of the least dangerous cities within it seemed a wise idea.

"And yourself?"

It was then that the three drinks came over. Leda frowned slightly, but then smiled, accepting the one offered her with a smile. She knew that she was a lightweight and, usually when outside of her room, she never took more than one, but that was as much due to finances as anything else and she really could not say no to free liquor. After a moment, she leaned across the bar to ask who had bought them and the barman indicated the young man who had been staring at them. Leda turned to look at him then, deciding that she really couldn't allow him to continue staring indiscreetly and timidly without venturing to make an acquaintance, with a wave of her hand, she indicated he should come over if he wanted to.
Leda
What is Passion without Psychosis?

Words: 80531
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Sigrun Dominic on April 21st, 2013, 6:33 pm

Sigrun had a newfound respect for the raven-haired woman, one that greatly increased the comfort she felt around her. The subject of a reading was unfortunately pushed aside, however the young blonde dismissed it and decided that she would ask again later on.

"I'm a third Svefran," she said amicably, "I inherited it from my father's side."

Her father used to attribute the girl's striking blue eyes with her Svefran heritage, though the young girl always thought that it was merely from her mother. Her passion to be out and about so often could certainly be tied to it, however, and Sigrun always felt that her desire to be free and travel often was because of that.

"I just seen that you might have been into trouble and I figured that I could help. Jumping to conclusions though sometimes is a bad part of me."

Sigrun looked over to the Myrian and smiled softly, relieved that she wasn't cross with her. She didn't expect her to be, though.

"Don't worry about it. We all jump to conclusions once in a while, and I can assure you, it has gotten me into much worse situations than that."

The young blonde glanced over at Leda as she spoke, and then back at Adsila, nodding in agreement.

"Same," she said simply.

"How long have you guys been in Syliras for?" Adsila then asked. Sigrun turned to Leda as she responded.

"I've been in Syliras, for the second time, since the beginning of last Winter. Before that, I was here for a couple of seasons from the end of Summer five hundred and eleven. I came back because it suited me better than anywhere else I had travelled during that period."

"Born and raised here," Sigrun made a swirling gesture in the air with her forefinger, facing Adsila as she spoke, "never left, although I plan to, someday."

"And yourself?" Leda said, gesturing over to the Myrian. Sigrun eyed the three mugs that the bartender set on the counter in front of them, furrowing her brows.

"I didn't order this," she muttered, taking ahold of her half-finished mug of ale, "I haven't even finished my first drink yet."

Leda took charge and asked the bartender about the drinks, to which the man replied that it was the man behind them that purchased them. Sigrun turned around in time with Leda's gesture for him to come on over to them if he wished. She nodded at him as a silent thanks and smiled softly, hoping that was enough to imply that she was fine with him joining them.

"Common."
"Fratava."

Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Drunken Touch!

Postby Adsila on April 22nd, 2013, 8:31 am

"I have been here awhile, but not too long, I guess. My parents moved here when I was about 5 years old, they didn't approve of all the way that most Myrians live, so we moved here."
Adsila replied to the woman she was sitting with.

Adsila turned back around to the bar and noticed that a drink was put out in front of her and the other two woman. Adsila then heard the woman ask who had ordered the drinks and the bartender replied the man did that kept looking over here. Adsila looked around as Leda and Sigrun did and she too nodded that it was okay for him to come over and join them. Adsila enjoyed meeting new people, it was new people that were afraid of meeting her.

Turning back towards the woman who Adsila was sitting with she silently listened to what was being said.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext