Closed Back to Town

After a small absence, Gaius ventures to town.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Back to Town

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 16th, 2013, 10:45 pm

51st of Spring, 512 A.V.

Gaius woke in the morning with a small yawn, stretching and standing up from his bedroll. He stretched for several moments, working out the kinks and cramps that naturally accompany a night of sleeping in a tent on the ground. He smiled as he looked over the trees surrounding his campsite and began to prepare for the day.

He spread the ashes from the previous night's cook fire and turned the dirt under the fire to keep the earth fresh and not completely damaged. He grabbed his sword and clothes and headed to the nearby river, where he took a quick dip to wash off. He stepped out and shook off most of the excess water before slipping into his clothes and belting on his sword.

Gaius headed back to his camp and made sure everything was in order, before stepping onto the small, hidden path that led from his camp to the main path. Once on the path, he headed into town, one hand resting on the pommel of his sword as he walked. Syliras was, as it had always been, a living, breathing organism that always pulsed with life. Even now, in the early parts of the morning, people bustled here and there, running from place to place and hurrying to get to their jobs, their families, and their duties. Gaius smiled as he walked through the town, deciding to head towards the docks and see what was coming in and what was going out.
Last edited by Gaius Sivet on April 23rd, 2013, 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Back to Town

Postby Adsila on April 17th, 2013, 2:56 am

Adsila was walking around the town and it was now bright morning. She had just woken up not that long after a quick nap at the Traveler's Row. She felt the need to walk before she ate some breakfast. This place was new and interesting to her, but she could never remember being anywhere else than here. She was always here, or at least that is what her brain was telling her. She couldn't remember anything before she walked through the Syliras gates. Adsila decided that she would take a walk through the town, maybe she would stop at the The Herald's Arms to get something to eat on this nice morning and then head out for a nice stroll through the town. That sounded good to her ...

Adsila walked into the Harold's arms and sat down and ordered some breakfast, she paid the 1sm and then walked back out again. She decided she was going to go down by the docks to see what new comers were coming into town and what new shipments were coming in. She walked down to the docks and started to look around, so far this morning it looked pretty peaceful and empty and there wasn't many people down there but there were a few. Adsila decided to sit at the end of one of the docks and put her feet in the water for a little bit. It was kinda warm out and it felt good on her feet.
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Back to Town

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 17th, 2013, 10:44 am

Gaius leaned on a railing near the end of the docks, watching ships being loaded and unloaded, merchants and the common man bartering for goods, haggling over this and that, trying to get the best deal for themselves while the ship's captains did the same. As he watched, her noticed a woman walk down one of the empty docks. He wondered what she was doing and watched as she dipped her feet into the water.

He smiled a little. It had been some time since he'd seen anyone do that, just casually sit on the end of a dock. Most people were too busy for that these days. It was, in many ways, interesting and delightful to see this woman simple sit and watch, not rushing about like the many other denizens of the city seemed to constantly be doing. Gaius stood, straightening up, and decided to walk over.

Gaius headed down the dock until he reached the end of it, next to the woman. He sat down, his legs crossed and out of the water, and stared forward, at the sea. "Come here often?" he asked with a soft chuckle.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Back to Town

Postby Adsila on April 17th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Adsila was surprised but looked over at the newcomer that had comet to join her.

"More often than I like to admit." Adsila said as she smiled, "When things in the city get too rush rush or I have a lot of things on my mind, I love to come down here and dip my feet into the water and relax for a little bit. That is when there isn't too many people down here, but usually in the morning I can find a place for a little while before it gets to crowded."

Adsila smiled at the man, before she looked forward looking out across the sea again. She hoped that he didn't think that she was ignoring him; she just liked looking out across the peaceful sea in the morning. Adsila waited to see if he was going to say something or if he was just going to sit there in silence. She liked meeting new people, and he seemed trustworthy as far as she could tell, but then she would probably be getting ahead of herself, but we had time to see.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

Back to Town

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 17th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Gaius smiled and nodded, following her gaze across the calm, clear waters of the sea. It was a lovely sight, especially early in the morning. He sighed contentedly as he looked out over the sea. Slowly though, he grew restless again and looked over at her, running a hand through his fiery red hair.

"Say, what say, later on when the city gets full of all the hustle and bustle of the day, you and I get away from all that? I've got a nice camp set up in the woods outside the city, lovely little place, quiet, no one else around, as far as I know. We can watch the stars and have a nice meal and get to know each other a little better." He smiled warmly at her as he finished speaking and awaited her answer. He couldn't explain it, but something about her just seemed... friendly. He wanted to show her kindness and knew that, somehow, he would see it in return. A rare thing in the world.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Back to Town

Postby Adsila on April 18th, 2013, 11:11 am

"Sure that sounds like a good plan, as I said I just like to get away from the city and all the people that give me scared or hated glances because I am a Myrian, but who are people to judge when they don't actually get to know you?" Adsila said to him quite calmly, "Sure I can be pretty mean and trust me I like my sacrafices and death and don't get me wrong I can fight a good fight, but I don't see the point if the point isn't needed. Why fight with everyone? Why have tons of enemies if it isn't needed?" Especially when you are in a big and busy city and if needed they could probably take me out in no time if there was enough of them. Adsila said and then sighed thinking to herself. "Sorry for rambling on like that, people or ahhh races, just get me sooo ticked off sometimes and that is why I come here to relax my mind, take a breather before I do something that could get me kicked out of the city." Maybe Adsila had finally found someone who was going to try and get to know her first, before just assuming that she is a horrible person because of her race.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

Back to Town

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 18th, 2013, 11:50 am

He smiled lightly, nodding happily as she spoke. She rambled, and seemed less than organized while she spoke, but he could understand that. The city could be strange place. He knew enough about strange glances because of appearance, and knew all too well that people often judged without any real facts in hand.

"Sounds great," he said, working through everything. Perhaps they might even spar a bit. He was always looking to improve himself, and she seemed like the perfect person to spar with. Obviously capable and competent, it could be fun. He smiled and stretched, looking out towards the sea again, happily gazing over the expanse of the seas.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Back to Town

Postby Alisha on April 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

The dock of Syliras wasn’t that interesting for Alisha, like the city itself bored her for some time. Boredom kills, especially plus when you thought of being a useless jobless individual. Nah. Nah. Stop. Again criticizing the self, she tapped her forehead a bit twice. Not healthy. Honestly, why can’t she erase the negativity lurking inside her? She walked slowly savoring the warm sea wind blowing her porcelain skin. The weather was nice. For the many, but not for her, sunrays never delighted her. She would rather soaked and be poured a heavy rainfall than wither like a rose in a desert. Not a rose, she’s still a rose bud. Observing the place, every people in there were busy like madman working. Random trades of imports and exports exchange bombarded carrier ships and other sea vessels for transporting goods. And what the... Couples were doing there? Sweet, they must be dating. She beamed a concealed smile. Maybe, there’s still a room for her. Even a tiny space would do perfect. With some hesitation she approached the two. It’s rude, she obviously knew it. No, she’s no disturbing. They seemed friendly. It wouldn’t hurt if she’ll step a little closer? Would it?

Closer…

again…

Closer.. More?

Alisha halted prevented her movements recognizing that she forwarded a lot. Her expression was shocked. Upon shifting her weight, rotated and realized that she gone much. It was fun skipping steps, she giggled without a sound. The other lady she heard, she’s a Myrian. It came from her mouth. She was mere inches away. Without any difficulty, she can listen to both of them. The conversation stopped suddenly as the red haired man threw his gazes upon the tides of the sea. Silence dominated. It was a long quiet pause. Alisha grabbed the opportunity to alert them that a stranger was at their back.

(Cough)

Jumping to the side of the guy, she held him a handshake. “I hope I wasn’t disturbing you two. I’m Alisha.” She was nervous they might bite her. Scold her or thrown her body right on through the water for cutting their romantic moments. She didn’t able to give the other a handshake since she’s so lazy to extend her arm. Wondering was he, the guy next to him, felt the coldness of her soft hands. She bit her lower lips and smiled broadly, and then she counted one to ten waiting for any reaction or perhaps one of them to beat her down.

Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Back to Town

Postby Adsila on April 18th, 2013, 9:10 pm

"Hi, my name is Adsila, and what did we do to deserve your pressence? Couldn't you see that we were talking?" Adsila said, probably a little to harsh, but seriously anyone could see that they were talking. I looked over to Gaius, who was now holding her hand. *Sigh* ... "Might as well sit down and talk with us I guess." Adsila said as she looked back out across the sea.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

Back to Town

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 18th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Gaius nodded and shook the woman's hand firmly, smiling politely. "Yes, well, we were talking, but if you like I'm sure you could join us," he said as he sat down again, a bit perturbed at being disturbed so suddenly. "Now then, um, hmm... where... oh yes, as I was saying, I have a few things to do for now, but I'll see you later, Adsila." He smiled and stood, brushing himself off and stretching.

"Good bye," he said, smiling warmly before turning and heading off from the dock, going back into the town.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next