Rosalie's Birthday (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Lyra on July 19th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Lyra was delighted at the other woman’s words. So apparently she had found someone to talk with! Of course, the first question was what she did in Wind Reach which was more than understandable. Wind Reach was half across the known world from the Chaktawe’s original home, the lands of Eyktol. Lyra herself had chosen another landing place, but she was sure that Syna had made a wise decision with taking her to Kalea and this particular city.

Before she could answer though, a very familiar person appeared at their side. “How nice to see you here, Kellan!” she replied, positively surprised, yet briefly wondering how he had recognized her. “Indeed, the warm water is relaxing.” In the bath, the tattoo on his chest was very prominent, she noticed. Lyra really liked the meaning of the words painted on Kellan’s chest – but she liked the boy with the fiery hair and the optimistic outlook just as much. Just as expected, he started releasing a flow of words to Sira. Apparently they had never had the chance to talk, too. Lyra considered leaving so they could get to know each other in private, but then Kellan probably was disappointed. He viewed her as a friend, after all. And she had been the one to approach Sira in the first place, so she couldn’t leave yet. Instead she patiently listened to Kellan’s monologue. It would be interesting to see how two people of equal social status treated each other. Moreover, Lyra learned that Sira was a Kelvic. Upon hearing that, she paused to think. Kelvic? Flashes of memory erupted from the depths of her mind.

“I’ve heard about a strange fellow in Alahea. Marcus Kelvic, he calls himself, and has managed to create some kind of human-animal-hybrid race. Uses them as his servants. Wonder how he did that.” Her mentor, a Chaktawe town shaman, gave a sly smile as she said that. Their kin lived isolated around a small branch of the Great River. News about the rest of the world only reached their villages through wandering Benshira merchants. But this one, about a human wizard who had turned animals into intelligent servants, was quite the interesting discussion topic for dozens of days.

Lyra blinked when the scene ended and found herself in the shoulder-high water of the Tisuma baths. Seconds later she remembered Sira’s question and hastily began: “I don’t … I don’t really know how I’ve come here either. You see, in fact I’m an Ethaefal. We change shape at dawn and in the morning, so at night I’m a Chaktawe. If you see someone with similar features, but horns running around at day, that might be me.” She smiled, hoping that the Kelvic understood or at least accepted that concept. “The ones who fall from the sky and land in your world with memories of their past lives are called Ethaefal. I fell just at the beginning of this season, in close proximity of the city.”

Now that her story had been told, it was time to let her opponent talk. “But I’m curious too. What is it like to be a Kelvic? How do you cope with the fact that you’re … well, both animal and human at the same time? I didn’t mean to sound rude.” She could just not find the right words to explain what she wanted to know, though. With watchful black eyes she waited for a reaction.
Lyra
Never happy.

Words: 15028
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Sira on July 21st, 2010, 4:34 pm

Sira wasn't used to having so much positive attention. She was used to being picked on for being different, or berated because she couldn't keep up with the other hunters. Tonight was turning out to be a rather rewarding night, though, and it was with a grin on her face that she responded to her new acquaintances. "I've seen you around, Kellan." Her eyes gave him a quick once over top to bottom before snapping back to his, "And yes, it can be very exciting at times, whether good or bad."

When Lyra spoke up Sira turned her attention back to her. She'd never met an Ethaefal, though she certainly knew of the mysterious people from the sky. To Lyra's question Sira could only chuckle and smile. She had been asked similar question's before by many people. "There's nothing to cope with, really. I think of myself as one being, who happens to be able to turn into an eagle or human as I please. The only real problem I have is with everyone else. I hold the same status as an Endal, but they do not see me that way. I don't know if it's jealousy or something else. But as far as my own feelings go, being a Kelvic is perfectly wonderful!"

Sira thinks for a moment before adding. "I cannot imagine what it would be like for you. We have something in common in that we change shape, but you have no control over it. On top of everything else you must have to deal with, if all I have heard is true. Fallen from your home, past lives... it must all be a bit overwhelming."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kellan Lucia on July 24th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Kellan listened to the girls talk. He wondered if maybe he was interupting something but he stayed. He was sure at some point the convorsation would flow cleanly between the three of them. He had that way with people. Since he could talk he was wble to squeeze his way into any convorsation. When he was little people thought it was cute. Now however, the opinions were mixed. Some more reserved people did not like his requent bursts into convorsations.

Kellan noticed Lyra was looking at his tattoo again. "If I may ask Lyra, why do you keep starting at my tattoo. I mean I don't mind of course, it's just... Yeah, I was just wondering." she said with a nervous smile. Kellan had a long history of making innocent convorastion become awkward. He sighed "Sorry, I'm awkward." he said with a shy smile. He could feel his heart racing. He was embarassed about his awful choice of words. He was not good at times at saying what was on his mind. He had really taken a liking to Lyra though. She seemed so free and happy. Most people seemed to walk in and out of his life but he felt thay Lyra would stay for a while and that made him happy. He really ahd no family life to speak of. His twin brother was dead and he never spoke to his parents anymore. He had gotten into a fight with then shortly after his brother's death and he not talked to his parents since. He missed them terribly but he was to scared to face them again. He may have been able to talk to anyone he felt the whim to talk to but his parents were a whole different case. With them he was speachless.

Kellan really hoped that he would continue to spend time with Lyra. He was happy that she had let him take her on a tour of the city. That gave him an excuse to spend more time with her. He really meant what he said about taking Lyra flying. He really wanted to be able to fly and he wanted to show her what it was like on the back of an eagle. Wind Reach truely was much more beautiful when you could see it at a bird's eye view.

Kellan looked over at Sira. Even though she got teased more than any person should she still kept a beautifully sunny disposition. He really admired that. He was a lot like that too. He knew that moping over every little problem was not going to make his issues dissapear. "Sira, I would love to see you fly some day. I just cannot get over how great it would be to fly whenever you wanted. he said with a smile.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 2nd, 2010, 5:30 pm

((Sorry I haven't been replying :( I got in alot of trouble with my parents... I don't even know how to reply now...))
Rosalie Morganthe
You don't know how it feels...

Words: 6977
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm

OOC: Kellan can come talk to you again if you would like!! Just post about what Rose is doing and Kellan will come over and hang with her. It doesn't have to be super long. Just enough so Kell knows how to approach her. I'm happy you are back (^_^)
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 2nd, 2010, 6:45 pm

((Ok. And thanks. ^^ I have to go for now... mom is home and is in a bad mood. >.>))
Rosalie barely noticed when someone had sat next to her. She was too lost in her own thoughts again and didn't realized he had spoken until he was walking away. She sighed a bit and pressed herself against the side of the bath again trying to hide her embarrassment. Rosalie looked around and thought that it was odd that so many people were there at that time in the night; really there were only three or four but it seemed like alot to her. She watched as three people talked across the pool from her and mentally debated on weather to join them or not. Eventually she talked herself out of the thought thinking that they would hate her interrupting their conversation.
Rosalie Morganthe

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 2nd, 2010, 6:59 pm

Kellan looked over and noticed the girl he had been previously trying to talk to was waking up from her daydreams. He had always been one to daydream but this girl really had him beat. One had to admire a mind that could get that lost in just thought alone though. Kellan felt bad that she was sitting there all alone. He turned to his two companions "I'll let you ladies get back to your conversation. The girl in the corner looks lonely, I would hate if I was left alone like that. I'm going to go talk to her. I hope to talk to you ladies later." he said with a smile.

He wadded over to the girl hiding in the corner of the baths. "Hey, I'm back again. Are you gonna talk to me this time or are your daydreams really that much more interesting than me." he said poking fun at her. He sat down at her side and extended a hand. "Once again I am Kellan, what is your name little miss daydreamer?" he said. Kellan had a way of talking where in a sense one could not take him too seriously. Of course, who ever heard of taking life seriously?

Kellan let himself slide down into the warm water and let out a content sigh. "This feels so good. I really need to come here more often. By the way, may I say that you have beautiful green eyes. They almost seem to glow. Very enchanting." he said with a childish smile.

(OOC: Ooooohhhh, I know my share of evil parental figures. I hope all ends up well!!)
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Lyra on August 2nd, 2010, 7:40 pm

Lyra listened to Sira’s answer with interest. Maybe she should have expected it. People have been known to accommodate to more unusual things, after all. Apparently there weren’t any physical or mental drawbacks either, as with magic. Lyra herself wasn’t sure if she had experience in that field. Memories of her most recent death were blurry at best, but that could only mean that her death hadn’t been pleasant enough to remember with content, so she was fine with it. The fact that the Kelvic race seemed to be a link from her previous Chaktawe life to the present proved to be fascinating.

When Sira smiled, the (seemingly) young Chaktawe girl mirrored the expression with her own kindness. “That sounds fine. I’m glad your race doesn’t suffer any damage from their abilities. It must be a liberating feeling.” Then she grew thoughtful while thinking about the one disadvantage Sira had spoken of. The other Endal didn’t respect her? Of course they were weary because she was no Inarta, but under normal circumstances they would have gotten used to her after some time. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Of course Lyra had no idea how long Sira had already been staying in Wind Reach, but she figured that the situation hadn’t changed much. She offered an encouraging pat on the shoulder, revealing the tiny black marks at her fingertips. When touching the other woman’s skin, she briefly felt her blood pumping through the veins. The Chaktawe sense of movement still worked excellently. “Don’t worry. Treat them like you’d like to be treated. I’m sure at least some of them will ease up if you do the same. What do you think?” she asked, curious about Sira’s opinion on the matter. Being somewhat detached from reality, she couldn’t be sure if she had gotten the problem right.

Then her eyes grew distant as she looked away, into the steaming darkness beyond the group. Yes, it had been hard for the first few days. Lyra didn’t like to remember those days when she had sometimes even wondered what she had become. It had been hard to believe that Syna had planned all this for the good of Her children – but belief had saved Lyra and kept saving her on a daily basis. She simply tried to believe that life was good. When looking back at Sira, she had regained her quiet self-confidence. “Yes, it was uncomfortable for a while.” An understatement. “I actually like my Chaktawe form and the connection it ties to this race. It shows that there’s at least one place I can return to.” Rising her hands to look at them with softness, Lyra refused to think about what had become of Eyktol. “Additionally, I know that I can count on Syna”, she concluded and looked up.

Then she listened as Kellan spoke. Shortly after her fingertips sensed and he noticed that the quiet girl in the far away corner had moved. Remembering the question he had asked earlier, she quickly replied: “I like the meaning behind it, that’s all. Really. Perhaps I should get myself the same tattoo, no?” A quiet, brief chuckle followed. Oh, a tattoo would certainly look good on her copper skin. When Kellan left to speak with the girl, she nodded and let him go.

Turning back to Sira, she wondered what it was like to be an Endal. Being an outsider, Lyra relied on the Valintar to determine her social status based on her skills. She wondered what the story of the Kelvic in Wind Reach was like.
Lyra
Never happy.

Words: 15028
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 3rd, 2010, 4:07 pm

Rosalie watched as the boy from before walked back over to her, leaving the group he was talking with. When he sat down next to her and started talking, she made sure to pay attention this time. Her face turned a bright shade of pink when he said something about her daydreaming being more important. She hoped that it was dark enough so no one would notice. After he introduced himself and put his hand out for her, she shook it and said, "My name is Rosalie. I'm sorry I didn't speak before... I do get lost in my thoughts too easily..." Rosalie smiled a bit and nodded in agreement that the water felt nice. To her it was the best, and easiest way to relax. She often likes to escape society by wondering off to an ocean or river for a night or two.

Rosalie's blush got even deeper and she smiled more when Kellen had complemented her eyes, "Oh... thanks. Actually I'm the only one in my family with green eyes. My parents have brown and so do my brothers and sisters. I think my great great grandmother had my color... it just to awhile for that trait to show I guess. Anyway... what brings you here at this time in the night?"
Rosalie Morganthe

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 3rd, 2010, 6:36 pm

Kellan saw the girl blushing in the dark. It was cute, even if she didn't want him to see it. "Rosealie is a very pretty name." he said with a smile. Kellan knew that this girl was some what knew to town and he wanted to make sure that she felt welcome in Wind Reach. The Inarta were a welcoming people but they did have a tendency to be a bit excitable at times. He knew that fact all too well.

Kellan smiled as the girl blushed again. He listened to her talk about her family and it was comforting. His family life was in shambles to put it plainly but he found comfort in knowing that other people had better relations than he did. "My eyes are special too." he said with an obvious joking tone in his voice. "I am the first person in my family since my great grandfather to have gold eyes. My twin brother's were green, my mom's were brown, and my dad's were ice blue. An old Inarta legend says that Inarta like me with golden eyes are said to be closest to their eagles and have been an eagle in a past life. he said. He loved talking about his race to people. He found them all so interesting. It was not that he was stuck up, he was just a very proud young Inarta.

Rosealie asked about why Kellan was at the baths so late. There really was not a huge reason, he just wanted to relax. "It was a long day at the aeries and I just needed to relax you know? Those eagles, Zulrav love 'em but they are a real handful at times. Still, I would not want any other job than to be flying with them. They are the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen. Simply breathtaking." he said unable to hide his passion in his voice. He really did love the eagles. They were so majestic and extraordinary. "What about you Rosealie? Why are you at the baths so late? he asked with a playful smirk on his face.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

PreviousNext