Rosalie's Birthday (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 3rd, 2010, 6:56 pm

A smile tickled he lips when Kellen said his eyes were unique too. Rosalie wasn't used to people comparing similar traits to her. She was more used to people trying to look as much different than her as they could. Where she used to live people ignored her by trying not to look in her direction and talking quietly when she came near. Wind Reach was definitely the place for her now. She had seen alot of nice people and no one treated her like she was that much different.

Rosalie knew the question would be asked back to her, but she really didn't want to tell anyone it was her birthday. If she did tell them, they would ask how old she is. If she told them how old she was, they might feel weird being around someone who, in the human and Inarta world, would be barely walking and still always being watched by an adult or older sibling. She sighed a little and looked away but decided to go ahead and tell him, "It's my birthday. I wanted to go somewhere relaxing and warm. This place fit what I wanted perfectly." As she waited for the next question she was sure he would ask, she mentally prepared herself for a strange look or two, or maybe a good lie on her part. I could just say I'm 16...
Rosalie Morganthe
You don't know how it feels...

Words: 6977
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 3rd, 2010, 7:22 pm

Kellan smiled at the mention of it being her birthday. He gave her a big grin. "Well happy birthday!" he said. It had been a while since he celebrated a happy birthday for himself. Toran died about a month before their birthday. If it wasn't bad enough that he had to celebrate a birthday right after his brother died, he had to celebrate it right after his twin brother died. He was so used to sharing every birthday with Toran and even at times wishing he could have one year, one birthday all to his own. It was a perfect case of "Be careful what you wish for". Kellan got his wish, he celebrated his birthday all to himself. It did not feel right though. He needed his twin brother there by his side or it really wasn't his birthday.

Kellan almost asked Rosealie how old she was turning but quickly stopped himself. He remembered the last time he asked a lady her age. It resulted with a slap across the face. He smiled at the memory. He really did not mean any rudeness by the question but the girl took great offense to it. Kellan smiled at Rosealie "Well I feel honored that I get to share your birthday with you. Did you do anything to celebrate?" he said.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 3rd, 2010, 7:46 pm

She smiled when he told her happy birthday and that he was honored to share it with her. Only very few people had ever shown her kindness and she wasn't very used to it. The most kindness someone had ever shown her was when her mother gave Rosalie her silver necklace that had a tiny paw print shape hanging off the chain.

She was so prepared for Kellen to ask her how old she was, that when he did ask her a question she shouted, "I'm 16!" It took her a moment to realize what he had actually asked and she sank down a bit in the water from embarrassment. She looked at him apologetically and faked a little smile, "Oh... I umm... well..." She thought for a minute. "Well actually this is the most I've ever done for my birthday. I can't really complain about it though. I do really like it here." She smiled a little less fakely, but was still really embarrassed of herself.
Rosalie Morganthe

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 4th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Kellan was a little shocked when Rosealie yelled out her age. He saw the embarrassment in her face though. She was really a shy girl. He was sad to hear that she really did not do anything for her birthday. "Well maybe we can do something later. I mean, if you want to. I would hate you to have an uneventful birthday." he said. He had remembered all to well how gloomy his past birthday was and he knew how bad it hurt to have his birthday be unenjoyable.

Kellan's eye was caught by something silver around Rosealie's neck. He noticed that it was that it was a beautiful necklace. It was a paw print. That was very odd for around Wind Reach. The city centered around birds not mammals. He knew that Rosealie obviously was not from Wind Reach due to her lack of red hair and glowing green eyes. Both were not traits of an Inarta. He did not mind of course, he was just trying to figure out what she was. The glowing green eyes could mean that she was a kelvic, a feline one at that. He didn't feel comfortable asking though. If she wanted to bring it up then she would herself. Instead he decided to talk about her necklace. "That is a very beautiful necklace Rosealie. We don't see a lot of paw prints around here. More like... bird prints I guess." he said with a laugh.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 4th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Rosalie was confused when he asked to do something with her later for her birthday. Really she expected him to end with telling her happy birthday. She smiled anyway and thought it might be fun, "I'd like that." She could tell by his eyes and tone that he really thought it was important to have a good birthday. She wondered how he celebrated his own birthday and how much he enjoyed it. It made her really want to get to know him more.

Rosalie looked up at him again about to ask him a question when he mentioned something about her necklace. She looked at it and held the print up to admire it a bit, "Thank you. It was my mothers... my great grandmother made it; the one with my eyes. I'm alot like she was. It's a print of a panther. You can tell alot about an animal by their prints... alot of people don't know that. By the way I would love to see one of those eagles up close. From what I've been able to see from the ground they are really beautiful. I love animals..." She smiled at him then continued to admire her great grandmother's charm.
Rosalie Morganthe

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 4th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Kellan was really enjoying talking to Rosalie. Yes, she was a lot less talkative but still she was very pleasant to be around. He had recalled seeing her before. She had been talking to Daleana at the First Thaw Festival. He felt bad about not talking to her earlier. He had always lived in Wind Reach so he never knew how hard it would be to try to be an outsider in the city. He imagined it would be hard though. He was happy to hear that Rosalie took him up on his offer. "Well what ever you want to do just let me know. I live in the aeries with the eagles so you can usually find me there. My life pretty much revolves around that place."

Rosalie's recounting of how she got her necklace was interesting. Kellan loved to listen to people talk about their families. It made him stop thinking about his own lack of family. He found Rosalie's words very interesting. He never knew that one could tell a lot from an animal's foot prints. "I never knew that. I wonder if you could tell things about the eagles from their footprints. Speaking of eagles, I would be more than happy to take you to the aeries when ever you like. The eagles are very friendly creatures, well most are." He smiled at Rosalie. She seemed to be more close to animals than a human would be. He was close to the birds of course, he would have to be. Some even say at one point the line between rider and eagle disappears, making them one being. At least metaphorically. It didn't seem like that was the case with Rosalie though. There seemed to be more at work with her. What ever it was though, it was nice to see. Kellan would always be friendly to a fellow animal lover because without animals his life wouldn't be able to be possible. The Inarta needed the eagles just as much as the eagles needed them.

Kellan couldn't help wondering about this girl. She of course looked human but something about her seemed a little too animalistic to be human. He wanted to know more about this mysterious girl. "So, if it isn't to much to ask, where are you from? He hoped that this question wouldn't be to personal for her. For some reason many people these days did not like telling personal facts.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Rosalie Morganthe on August 4th, 2010, 6:49 pm

When he said that he lived in the aeries where the eagles were she smiled really big. She knew it wouldn't be too much trouble for him to take her there if that's where he lived. Rosalie just wanted to see an eagle, maybe pet one. She usually gets along with all animals very well, even if they are the opposite species of the creature she can form into. Her connection with animals goes way into her past lives and back generations. Her best friend as a child was a large female Timber Wolf she called Nala. The wolf had actually taught Rosalie alot about nature and how things work in life. Most of her education has to do with animals and plants and the world in general. It was nice to meet someone else that was connected to animals in some way.

Rosalie listened as Kellen spoke and smiled more, "Yeah I could tell if they have been injured, if they were tired when they left the print, and even sometimes if the print is defined enough I can tell the sex of an animal. And... I really would love to see them... if it wouldn't be any trouble to you." She was already excited about it and could already picture herself standing next to one of the large eagles. She honestly also felt like teaching him a little about the tracks so that maybe she could call him a friend... her first non-animal friend. His question didn't surprise her much. She knew it would be asked eventually, "Avanthal in the Taldera Region. Well, that's where I was born anyway. I didn't stay there too long. I left when I was almost o-" She stopped herself remembering she told him she was sixteen, not two, "... uh almost eight..."
Rosalie Morganthe

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 6th, 2010, 5:51 pm

The eagerness of Rosalie was very exciting to see. It was not every day that a outsider held such high regard for animals like Kellan did. Most outsiders did come to see the great flying eagles but not many were allowed in the actual aeries. The place was not a zoo. Wind Reach held the eagles in high regard and they were just as much as citizens as the Inarta. Still, it did not mean they did not like a few visitors from time to time. "I would be glad to show you the Eagles. They are very friendly. Well most of them are. It will be no trouble I'm sure." Kellan gave a small chuckle. Those birds could be so fussy at times. Still, he could not think of any other animals he loved more.

As Rosalie talked about her home of Avanthal her voice seemed to be somewhat bittersweet. He would have hated to have been taken from his home. "Do you ever miss Avanthal? He felt bad for her that she was taken from her home at such a young age. He knew he wouldn't have been able to do it, especially alone. He may have been able to function without Toran now but back when he was eight there was no way. Toran was like his other half. "I know I couldn't have done it. I love Wind Reach so much.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Sira on August 15th, 2010, 3:40 am

Sira was quiet for a moment. She always tried to treat the other Endal as respectfully as she could, but they rarely returned it. She wasn't sure if Lyra's positive outlook on the situation was very accurate, but it was a good sentiment at least. "Well.. I don't know if they will ever treat me like I want to be treated. For me to earn their respect I would have to be at the same level as they are, and currently I am not. It takes two to be an Endal. A rider and an eagle. Until I can find a way to become as effective as they are, I don't think they'll ever truly consider me one of their own." Sira sighed and shook her head. "But I'm sure you don't want to listen to me complain all night."

Sira didn't really know what to say to the comment about Syna. She wasn't particularly religious, though she of course believed in the gods. "I don't really know anything about Syna, but I'm sure she has a plan for you. Hopefully it's a good one!" She chuckled, hoping Lyra wouldn't be offended by the comment.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to respond. See my signature for details.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 25th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Character: Rosalie

Experience: +4 Socializing
Lore: Getting a good look at Inarta, Kelvic, and Chaktawe Anatomy

Character: Vanir

Experience: +2 Socializing
Lore:

Character: Lyra

Experience: +3 Socializing

Character: Sira

Experience: +3 Socializing

Character: Kellan

Experience: +4 Socializing

Additional Note: If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous