Completed [Stone Gardens] The Strong Ones Come Out At Night (Cyrus)

K meets an interesting man. A man who could possibly give him the info on Djed he needs so he can start flux training. But is this just another person with info? Or could this possibly be one of the squires he had been looking for... Someone strong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stone Gardens] The Strong Ones Come Out At Night (Cyrus)

Postby Kisetukai on April 22nd, 2013, 8:42 am

42nd Of Spring 513 AV Late Night 22nd Bell- Stone Gardens

It was a cold, cool, crisp night, the wind played a huge role in setting the atmosphere, as it softly whispered into the ear of anyone who would listen. The stone garden was empty, completely deserted, and this was perfect. For now, on this very night, everything thing seemed to be at it's best. The night flowers looking refreshed, the bugs making there usual noises as they set the ambience, it was peaceful. Here was K, looking up into the moon as he rested on a huge white bolder. It was beautiful, nothing was going to ruin this alone time for him, the alone time he deserved that allowed him to think to himself. As he looked up into the moon, feeling it's lunar light shine down and rain on his face, blessing the night. The boy had been wearing his look clothes, an elegant white cloak with a hood, bound to his neck with about three small shining chains. His loose white baggy cargo shorts, stopping about an inch under his knees, with a chain hanging over the pocket on the left. His white tee, freshly washed and shining brightly in the lunar light. His weapons were limited tonight, only taking his scythe. Already wearing his white knuckle-less gloves he concealed them with his gaunlets. His tamo daggers concealed in his shorts, ready to be swiftly taken and plunged into the body of a stranger. His hood on top of his head, only the bottom portion of his face was visible. 

"Thank you..." He gave a small smile, feeling that this was another good time to pray. "Dear lord Sylir... These past weeks have been something. I'm pretty sure you have already noticed. I still need your help, I need your help to spread the peace... I will do what ever you say, just give me a sign. I know you probably don't want to talk to me personally, so I will settle for a simple sign lord. If you wish to test my faith to see if I will keep the peace. Please..." He ended and clapped his hands together, as if dismissing the worship. "Now for you... Ivak. I have already told you that I need power... But I also would like your help with something else. I would also like to talk to you sometime, of course I won't be able to talk to you face to face, I will settle for some signs... Light something on fire, tell me something I don't know. I want to grow stronger to protect what I love... I will keep praying till I reach you one day... Hopefully. Soon. Thank you..." He lifted himself from leaning on the rock and dusted his clothes off, looking around a bit. He had only just started praying a couple days ago, so he was still new to the whole thought, but it wasn't that bad was it? He liked the thought of it though, praying and hoping that somewhere a higher force was listening to him. He would continue to talk to them both, of course he thought Ivak could care less about him. But Sylir... He was the one that kept him from losing it. He had known for a while that the god was dead, but unlike everyone else he chose to still worship, the god and not just his ways. 

Sylir had always fascinated the boy, especially Kise, but they never had time to learn about the god's because of training. But now he was a man, he wasn't in the company of his mom... He wasn't in the company of anyone trying to hold him back. He could do what he wanted... But look where that had got him. So far since he had been alone he wasn't really becoming a better citizen, he was just an average Joe, no actually worse. He had his blades pressed to the throats of many, his words cutting like daggers, he had wanted to kill a man, almost raped a ghost, nearly killed a kelvic, disrespected a ton of women, killed a bunch of wolves, he had craved power... He still craved power. But was it ok to crave power, if the reason was for goodness? Gods! It was all just too much... Too much for a seventeen year old. He didn't need all of this, teenagers his age were already struggling with identity crisis's. Now this?!

He leaned back onto the rock and looked into the moonlight, smiling up softly, feeling his depression come back on as a warm strand of liquid strolled down his right cheek. "Gosh... I'm getting soft..." He said with a calm at peace voice. "May I be blessed... Because the gods know I need it... Why is my life becoming so twisted? Why?..." He let loose a heavy sigh. "Silence is golden huh?"
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 23rd, 2013, 1:43 am

The Stone Garden was not a place that Cyrus Blackfire would normally visit. It was not that he lacked respect for the traditions of the Syliran Knights, or for Sylir, indeed he respected both organizations as their beliefs mirrored his own. The reason he was hesitant to come here was that it was a place for meditation and contemplation, something he preferred to do far from prying eyes since it was usually when he practiced his magic that he reflected or calmed himself.

It was unfortunate that it was illegal to practice magic within the city walls, well, at least blatant magic. The knights knew he was a mage, which was a useful asset but it also meant that they would be keeping a sharp eye on him. His current Patron, Ser Bradshaw, was especially suspicious of him due to his origins within Ravok. All in all that meant that he was treading on uneasy ground, so he kept his reimancy outside of the city.

Ser Bradshaw was the reason he was here this night, claiming that it would be good for him to meditate over the stones of old knights and reflect on the cause of the order as well. Cyrus was a practical man, as such it had seemed rather pointless but he had complied. So here he was, standing in the entrance to the Stone Gardens, looking over the shrouded place in an analytical fashion.

It was then he discovered that he was not alone here tonight, a voice called out from the darkness. It took sometime to properly make out the words but they sounded rather like a prayer, most likely a late night supplicant to Sylir. He listened in for a moment, shrugging his shoulders slightly as he lost interest.

Religion had never been something that had really stuck for him, in fact it was something his mother had dismissed as worthless out of hand. Personal magic was something she advocated strongly, not just because of its power but because of the freedom it gave the user. A wizard who uses personal magic is largely the master of their own destiny, at least that was what his mother had often stated.

Still it was always nice to know who one would be sharing their place of meditation with, so Cyrus stepped forward into the garden. His greatsword and armor, which were always permanent fixtures to him, granted him a warrior's look about him. Hopefully whoever this was would not take his appearance the wrong way.

"Hail, friend, I don't mean to intrude upon your privacy but I do hope you will not mind sharing the garden tonight." Cyrus said as he slowly approached, his tone warm.
Cyrus Blackfire
Ambitious Seeker of Order

Words: 56540
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 12:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kisetukai on April 23rd, 2013, 9:42 am

This moment was total bliss, for it was truly amazing how invigorating one could feel after even a moment of prayer or even worship, it was amazing... Truly amazing. The thoughts and feelings, it was just enough to get the young boy by, and this was what he needed. He already had been depressed from questioning his existence, the thoughts and emotions from the boy experiencing an identity crisis, trying to figure himself out. Was he real? Was he classified as a person, or was this Kise's body the whole time. For even Shin, the powerful and most versatile personality was able to say that this body belonged to Kise. K looked into the moon with a small smile, holding out his right hand, and clenched it into a fist. The sound of the rubberish material in his gloves squeaking, he knew that he was a person, yet he didn't. He was a confused boy with nobody to talk to... Sure he could always tell his knew associate Sigrun about a lot of stuff in code, but never exactly just plain. He couldn't tell anyone the truth... He just couldn't because they wouldn't understand. The boy was not like average people because he wasn't an average person. 

Even his psychic reading from that girl was off, Lena? Leda? Linda? What was her name... He did not know. He could barely remember a thing come to think of it, but this wasn't an issue and was unnoticeable until it was pointed out by Shin. As Shin said to him and Kise, they both had gaps in their memory... But what did it all mean? Shin knew the most but chose not to tell him, he barely told Kise, the only person who seemed to know more than Shin was the alleged "brother" guy. It was a truly vexing situation, that haunted the boy relentlessly. To no avail could he find a solution to the problem, no solution to his depression... Except one. And that was this newly found choice of prayer he had committed himself to. Worshipping a god he had thought long dead, he was able to free himself from the shackles of intimidation. For the god was dead, he had not to worry of being judge or disfavored. He was talking to an image... An image he could tell everything. This is what kept him going, what kept him from losing his mind and placing a dagger to his neck. This is what kept him pure and on the path to righteousness... This is what kept him alive.

He knew not of many legends, he knew not much on the story of Sylir, but he had the just. The god of peace... Who sacrificed himself so that there may be peace among the land, which was compromised because of the rageful god Ivak. But Ivak was only angry because of the fate of his wife... It was truly a complex situation, assorted in a weird manner, and repeatedly dipped in the cruel sauce of dark irony. As K had respected and prayed to both Ivak and Sylir... Not only that but Sylir the god of peace killed himself to... Protect the peace. K let out a small chuckle as he got up and stood straight, placing both thumbs into his pockets but leaving his hands exposed, he began to walk away until he heard a voice.

"Hail, friend, I don't mean to intrude upon your privacy but I do hope you will not mind sharing the garden tonight." The voice said as he slowly approached, his tone warm.  

This was truly a sight to behold, for this man was obviously a part of the order, which K didn't notice until he finally had moved closer. "Begone commoner for I have no time to.... Oh your with the order? Hello..." He said with a small smile, trying to stay calm and peaceful, in the ways of his god. "I'm fine with sharing the garden... I won't be in your way much, I'm not even meditating.." K looked at his armor and huge sword plastered on his back, aside from his first impression appearance, he actually approached nicely. "Hail..." K said trying to be polite. "I'm squire Kisetukai Yamehaka of Ser Corben... And whom do I owe the pleasure?" Normally of course it would be his motive to see the man's power before opening up but... Sylir. It was all he could think about... It was all that kept him sane. Peace was his goal, and he was sure to spread it. He extended his hand for a shake, of course being as strong as he was he would be sure to shake strong and squeeze a bit, but he really wanted to see the man's reaction. For everyman knew that you could tell a lot by a man's handshake... It was simple logic. He gave him a soft intimidation smile, just to see his reaction ad he held his hand out. 

For this moment was crucial...
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 23rd, 2013, 9:04 pm

Cyrus enjoyed meeting others, it was a time where he could accurately assess what kind of piece they were and where they would fit upon his board. This man before him gave him a form of address that indicated that he was also a squire of the Syliran Knights, a fact which by default raised his piece slightly in Cyrus' eyes. Added to the capable looking appearance of the other man and he certainly looked to have some potential.

The tall warrior extended his hand with a smile, clutching the other man's hand in a firm hold for a quick up down shake. It was always important to make a good first impression, for you may never get another one.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kisetukai, I am Cyrus Blackfire, squire to Ser Bradshaw. I had thought that I would be the only one here this night, though it would seem that I was wrong." The tall warrior said, withdrawing his hand and looking about the Gardens slightly.

"My patron suggested it best for me to meditate upon the teachings of Sylir here tonight, a dull task to be sure but I suppose it does help to focus the mind." Cyrus said with a slight chuckle.

Kisetukai was an unknown quantity in regards to his disposition, getting him in a conversation might start to make it clear what side of the board he laid upon. Cyrus was no silver tongued trickster yet, but he knew how to fish information out a person's speech patters and disposition. It was a passive talent really, but a helpful one to be sure. It was unlikely that he would need to call upon his Hypnotism here to move the conversation about, but it was always a tool he was ready to employ due to its inconspicuous nature.

Control was absolute in the mind of Cyrus Blackfire, you either were in control or you weren't. It was therefore important to him that he control everything he possibly could for the purposes of eventually seeing his ambition realized. One day he would see his Imperium built off of the ruins of the old world and reforge Mizahar into an empire that would last thousands of years.

Of course, all ambitions had small beginnings, this was his small beginning.
Cyrus Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kisetukai on April 25th, 2013, 3:31 am

K listened as Cyrus explained and introduced himself, listening as he talked with obvious bass in his voice, this was good. Feeling the simple yet firm handshake meant a lot to the boy. It was a way to determine a portion of this man's power, his influence, his soul.  "Ah yes..." He said as the man let go. He looked at him, a bright happy expression, obviously there was more to him. A true warrior perhaps?

"My patron suggested it best for me to meditate upon the teachings of Sylir here tonight, a dull task to be sure but I suppose it does help to focus the mind." Cyrus said with a slight chuckle.

"Yes your right." K said as he looked around. "So you choose to meditate upon the teachings of Sylir huh? Tell me how much do you know so far?" He began to walk away, looking for somewhere to sit. Coming back to Cyrus he gave him a look of wonder. "Meditation... I do not know how to do. But... One should always strive to learn." He looked around once more, seeing nowhere to truly sit in sight. Slowly sitting down with his legs crossed, his scythe scraping the ground, patting the floor for Cyrus to sit. "Look here my man. You need to chill and sit with me." He had a huge smile on his face, for he was excited that he would be able to talk about Sylir to someone. Finally being able to vent just a bit, hopefully without the judgment of people he knew, perhaps this stranger would help. "Cyrus... What do you know of Sylir? What do you wish to know? What are your goals and values? Please... Tell me more." It wasn't that he was excited to have a friend.

He was excited to meet another person who believed but would be able to judge him. For he was sure he wouldn't meet this stranger again, but one could never know. "Please... Be descriptive."
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 25th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Cyrus kept up his friendly exterior, his mind already in motion in how best to respond to Kisetukai. The teachings of Sylir were something his patron had been sure to instruct him of, especially after learning he was from Ravok. They were teachings he could respect, the idea of order and peace through order were things he sought as well. The difference being was that he recognized that peace had to be carved out into the world, that order had to be enforced at the end of a sword if need be.

That was his vision, an empire that was orderly and perfect, where all who followed him were safe and those who opposed him were crushed. It would not be easy to bring forth upon this world by any stretch of the imagination but he would see it done or die in its pursuit.

The tall man nodded in gratitude at K's offer and took a seat near him, going over his words carefully.

"The teachings of Sylir dictate that peace be achieved through order and that without order there is only chaos. It is the duty of all those who can to work to defend this peace and strive to bring forth order into the world, rather simple really." Cyrus said at length.

"I grew up... far from here so Sylir was not exactly a prominent figure in my learning. From what I do know he was one whose teachings I would agree with, on most if not all counts. Unfortunately, they are not taken far enough. Order cannot be achieved by peace, not in the times we live in. It can only be achieved by strength and a strong guiding hand." The man said, his words articulate and chosen deliberately.

"My goals, well, I suppose you could call me an agent of order as that would seem to fit them rather well." He finished with another smile.

They were truths disguised in pretty words and double speak, his true nature hidden from view within them. He had indeed told Kisetukai his goals and values, all shaped towards giving them a different feel.
Cyrus Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kisetukai on April 28th, 2013, 1:52 am

"The teachings of Sylir dictate that peace be achieved through order and that without order there is only chaos. It is the duty of all those who can to work to defend this peace and strive to bring forth order into the world, rather simple really." Cyrus said at length.

"I grew up... far from here so Sylir was not exactly a prominent figure in my learning. From what I do know he was one whose teachings I would agree with, on most if not all counts. Unfortunately, they are not taken far enough. Order cannot be achieved by peace, not in the times we live in. It can only be achieved by strength and a strong guiding hand." The man said, his words articulate and chosen deliberately.

"My goals, well, I suppose you could call me an agent of order as that would seem to fit them rather well." He finished with another smile.

K watched as the man spoke, it was nice, it was... Right. He payed attention to everything he said, noting every detail and word he spoke. For the first time ever in his life he enjoyed learning and talking about what he had learned. Now the learnings were paying off, as he listened to what he said, he felt as if he could learn more. How interesting the thought of a man being able to learn from what he already knew. The thought was vexing, kinda like a conundrum.

After the man had finished with a warm smile, he felt an obligation to his turn to speak. "Ah yes... I see, how interesting." He sat straighter, his back moving from a comfortable slouch to a sophisticated pose of a discussion-er. "Personally for me Sylir is like a beacon of hope, most likely the light if you would say. I will use my limited vocabulary and vernacular to preach to you what I know. As of as you said, you are here to learn right? Well in a way, so am I."

He returned the smile as he spoke the limited knowledge he knew and thought of some on the way. "Sylir is a shining radiant light on the earth, for all those who want to be free and safe and happy may accept him. His ways would be the simple gaurds that protect his ways and values, that would be us. Not only the squire and knights, but simple believers that also find faith in the lord. If i may say so myself this is how I see it and will always see it until I am proven wrong. Yet you must note that I am not hard headed, I am always open to a new view yet I will always respect what I stand for. I am no traitor."

He looked at the man seriously, hoping his next words were taken the same. "Ser, there are those who oppose us, there are those who want to destroy and block the light. For light is only light, and if not found one will always be in darkness. But even those in the dark will always be able to see the light, but most will not walk towards it. Most won't accept the light. Nobody is forced to be in the dark, well except those on the... East." He shuddered a bit not wanting to mention Rhysol or his land. "Sorry about that."

"In conclusion..." He began again after calming down a bit. "I feel that Sylir is an option for me to cleanse this world. I only wish to purge it of all evil and possibly all impurities. I just want it to be safe... Possibly even Syliras can expand and spread the peace. It wouldn't be to easy to make it happen, for I am just one squire... But I have plans. When I grow up, get stronger, and probably master more arts. I will.. I will cleanse this world. Then if I die... I will die complete."

He relaxed and went back to a slight slouch. "As for my goals you have just heard the main one. Now, there are a lot of arts I wish to learn, but I need help. I wish to learn more of magic, I wish to learn more how to control and use my Djed. I want to learn more things... I myself am a physical fighter. I see that you yourself are the same, such a large sword. But soon we both will expand to more arts, I hope. So, please tell me more? Anything on your mind? As of now, you have the spotlight and my respect."
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on July 3rd, 2013, 9:02 am

Kisetukai :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Praying to Sylir
Praying to Ivak
Cyrus Blackfire: A fellow squire
Cyrus' goals
Purging the world of evil

Loots

Cyrus :
If you return, PM me and we'll work you your grades. :)

Notes :
I'm really, really sorry this couldn't continue. :( Cyrus was a major influence to my PC, Kouri, as well.

Kise, I couldn't give you much as it ended abruptly. But these lores should prove useful if you should pursue Sylir's or Ivak's gnosis in the future. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)