Closed [Sullin's Residence]Not so Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Clyde runs into a spirit, on his way out of his home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Sullin's Residence]Not so Cold Spots[Elaine Spade]

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 26th, 2013, 9:08 pm

60 Spring 513

Clyde rolled out of the bed that morning, feeling a bit sore, but more or less okay. It was to be expected, after once more being possessed by a ghost the day prior. He had always felt sore after doing it, and doubted it would stop affecting him in the near future. Not till his body adjusted itself, and got used to holding a ghost.

His meager knowledge of ghosts and spiritism, did not quite make him a proper Spiritist, which could expel and fight ghosts and free them from their woes, but perhaps one day. One day.

He scratched Rye between the ears, and dressed himself, preparing for the day, and to let Rye out so he could use the bathroom. Generally he just went in a canal.

Once dressed, in his old cotton clothes, his staff in hand, he headed out of his room, through his lab, and into the common area, relocking the door behind him. He was not sure what I'tram was up to today, and he did not much care. As long as he stayed out of trouble.

Finally heading out the front door, Rye raced ahead of him, to go release himself, hiking up a leg at the edge of the canal, and relieving himself as only a dog could.

Clyde just smiled, and looked up at the sky, which seemed clear. Another temperate day in Ravok, as usual.

He had nothing in particular to do today, but surely he would think of something.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 27th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Long night passed. Elaine was still tired and her soulmist didn't regenerate so fast. But it was the price for her freedom. Last night she made a human friend who wasn't a human at all. She followed him. Maybe he knew maybe he didn't Elaine was just sitting in front of the house and waiting for the morning. She was unvisible and try to think and rest in the night. The sun was rising. Elaine was just sitting in front of the house and she became visible. Nobody was around.

The Silent Lady had strange feelings. The memories of the night were like a dream. Good or bad? She didn't know. She was just waiting... and waiting... And Clyde came out. Smile on his face he looked at the sky. She was still sitting and her little soulmist was around her. She couldn't materalize at all. She couldn't do anything she had to leave her soulmist be. She greeted him with her whisper.

"I forgot how to sleep... Close my eyes but nothing... My dreams are my memories... What did you dream about? Oh before I forget: Good morning!"

She didn't move from her place only looked up at him with her empty eyes and emotionless face. She was "wearing" her usual dress. She didn't know what to say. She wasn't good at being a social person... She never had a friend before either only Noaru. She couldn't find any excuse why was she here... because she didn't know either. "Oh don't be scared or shy... I was sitting here, didn't go into your house because I wasn't invited... So I didn't see anything don't worry. I don't even know why am I here either. I just rest and try to get my energy back."
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 27th, 2013, 9:28 pm

As he finished smiling for a moment at the sight of the dog hiking its leg, a nuetral expression returned to his face. It seemed to be the more common one for his face. Not of frowning, or smiling, but of resigned apathy. After all, it was hard to say what would happen soon enough, no point dwelling on it.

He was letting himself think over his options for the day, when he heard a whisper, quiet as if floating in on the air... But not quite a whisper, not in the usual sense. He looked around for the source of it, and saw... A spirit. At first, he could not make out who it was, after all, it was in the morning with the sun shining directly on it, making it even more difficult to see.

And compounded with that, the ghost did not seem willing or able to make itself more apparent, to materialize and be seen. Seeing as it had spoken, and clearly was not trying to hide itself, being unable to do so made more sense. Which likely meant a weak ghost. He could barely make out the outline, with his minimal skills in Spiritism... Though he was sure a more skilled one, could have seen the spirit as clearly as if she was a living person standing before him.

Tying together all of the facts, the weak state, the sound of the voice, the vague outline, and the events of the day before, Clyde was fairly certain the spirit before him, was Eliane.

"Elaine?" He asked, a bit questioningly. Then hastily he responded back, "Morning to you. Are you alright?"

Apparently after the events of last night, Elaine had followed him home. He was a bit creep-ed out, what if she had been spying on him? Though she soon enough said she had not entered, he was not sure if she told the truth... Of course, he had not sensed a ghost nearby, as he had the day before and just know when he first saw her... But was he even as capable of sensing her, in her weakened state?

"I would think you would be weak, after all you did yesterday, and after what you had me do. Perhaps... Perhaps, I could try and help out. I am not very good at it, but perhaps I could make you a bit of soulmist. Though we would need to go to the market, and find some provisions to make it with."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 28th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Even she didn't know if she is alright. She was just sitting there and nothing. Flames... Burning it was somehow so "nostalgic" for her. Flames. Elaine slowly stood up but still just stared at him. Flames. What could she say? She didn't have any problem. Flames. She could say she is alright and she was with someone who could understand her. Flames. But asking for help again? Elaine couldn't accept it. Flames. She whispered to him again, but her voice was so messy.

"I'm alright. I don't want to trouble you. You already helped me yesterday with flaming my.... burnin....."

Flames, FLAMES. Everythoughts and she just realized now. Her death. The fire in her house and her mother and father who died with her. Where were they? Memories about the last night and about her death's night started to become one. Elaine started to lose her mind. The house, her parents and the fire destroyed everthing. Clyde helped her with burning her little, remaining soulmist. Clyde helped to destroy. Her parents are burning. Her soulmist was her house. Elaine thoughts went into a mess. Flames... just everyone... everything... her life. The Silent Lady was about to go crazy. She closed her arms and was quivering. She rarely did but she yelled.

"NO STOP!!! THE FLAMES WILL KILL THEM! IT WAS MY FAULT NOT THEIR DON'T BURN THEM, FIRE MY SOULMIST INSTEAD, JUST STOP!!"

Elaine looked at sky and then Clyde. Her mess in her head started to clear out. No it wasn't him, he wasn't there at all. It was her fault... But her happiest moment too... But she killed them... Or did she yell at herself?
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 28th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Clyde shook his head at her words. After all, he had caused the injury and weakness to an extent, even if at her request. It would only make sense, for him to now help with it, to fix it.

"It is no trouble, I would not have offered if it was, or if I did not genuinely wish to help you in such a way. Besides, it would be good for me to get some more experience making soulmist. I doubt it will be to good, but it will be better than nothing."

Then suddenly Elaine seemed to go into a frenzy, and began yelling, as if someone else was there and she was pleading with them and begging.

"NO STOP!!! THE FLAMES WILL KILL THEM! IT WAS MY FAULT NOT THEIR DON'T BURN THEM, FIRE MY SOULMIST INSTEAD, JUST STOP!!"

Clyde just stood there, shocked, unsure of what had happened, what had set her off, why she was suddenly so upset. They had been having a nice conversation a moment ago, and now...

"Elaine? Are you alright? What happened? It is just us, no one else is here. There is no fire. Calm down... Calm."

He tried to keep his words calming and even, unsure if it would help the spirit or not, but clearly she had some issues, and was not quite right at the moment. Even though a few moments before, she had been perfectly fine.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 29th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Elaine sudden realization. Could she be that weak she could lose her mind? She scared and she didn't let herself. It was embrassing but she really needed the help. She had to accept it and besides they were friends. Friends help each other.... as she heard in old times. Her voice was trembling as she didn't know if these yelling or mind losing situation will continue.

"I thank you... Let's do it... I'm just fine...I guess."

She let her arms and flow to Clyde. She was looking up to the man with her eyes. Her face showed nothing like really nothing happened. She just didn't know how to act or what to say in situation like this.... or anyway with a friend. The Silent Lady only had two but she rarely met with Noaru. She looked straight and waited. For what? She whispered to him. She was searching what to say or ask.

"Hmm, soooo .... Well... How is your day? Did you feed the dog?"

She tried to use what others use with each other as she heard them in the streets. It turned out to something weird for her. She just let that idea and won't be someone else. She must really go insane if she used them. Elaine couldn't believe she did something like that. She let out an embrassed sigh.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Clyde was still a bit confused. Her words appeared to him almost like she was trying to speak two sentences at once, instead of a single one that would make sense.

"No problem. Look, I want to help, and clearly you need the help."

The spirit floated up to Clyde, looking him in the eyes, and then attempted to use... Small talk? Why the petch, was she trying to make small talk? In a situation like this.

"It is fine. Look, I am okay, the dog is okay, lets just go and get some materials to make soulmist. Lets go to the bazaar, they should have everything we need. And you can help me pick out some ingredients to go into it. Something we can mush up and combine into a mass, to be made into soulmist. Nothing hard, or that requires tools to crush."

With that, Clyde would motion for Elaine to follow, and head to the Bazaar, to get what they needed.

-exit(The Bazaar)-

Soon enough, they were at the bazaar. It was full of merchants with their wares, wagon loads of it, which had not officially entered Ravok.

But they had to sell it, so here they were.

"Come on Elaine. What do you think would look good?"

A few people made odd looks at Clyde, as they could not see Elaine, and so thought he was speaking to himself. Clyde could barely see her at all, and he actually had a bit of training to do so. So he did not take offense at their looks. Instead, he passed on, looking about, not letting it bother him.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 30th, 2013, 1:00 pm

She was surely out of her mind. She just wanted to forget it and move on. She will find other ways. Elaine followed him to the Bazaar without saying anything. She were just floated... And not thinking...

-The Bazaar-

The market full of goods. She was wandering there but not spending too much time for it as the noise would make her crazy. But she didn't pay attention to it. She couldn't she had other problem then humans. Food and food. She didn't want to pick to expensive stuff. She couldn't taste it anyway... fruits... She missed the tastes of the fruits. It was time to pick. She wanted to pick elderberries. But it fell down. She forgot she couldn't do it and as she didn't want for everyone to watch them she whispered to Clyde's ears so only he could hear it.

"Sorry about that. I would choose some of fruits and a vegetable. I loved to eat fruits... And those elderberries, cherries and green peas look good... I just wish I could taste them again."
Last edited by Elaine Spade on May 2nd, 2013, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 30th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Clyde walked through the bazaar, looking at different things. Fruits, veggies, even meats freshly killed. He had expected to spend a decent bit of time here, going through fruits, picking things out, testing them.

But instead, Elaine crept up to him and whispered into his ear her choice.

"Sorry about that. I would choose some of fruits. I loved to eat fruits... And those elderberries, cherries and green peas look good... I just wish I could taste them again."

Clyde simply nodded, speaking to her in return, which once again looked oddly like he was talking to himself.

"Alright I suppose if that is what you want. Honestly, I am not quite sure how eating soulmist is for a ghost, besides that it feels good and in general pleasant. They should be simple enough to mash up to a pulp."

Clyde walked over to the man selling the fruits, a man named Bort, and gestured to the ones he wanted.

"Could I have a... Two ounces of cherries... And the elderberries... And... The green peas. Two ounces of each. And could I have a bowl to put it in?"

He gave Clyde a bit of an odd look, for the amounts he asked for, but nodded, and counted it up.

"That will be 1 gm for the cherries, 2 sm for the elderberries, and 3 cm for the peas. And another 3 cm for the bowl."

Clyde totaled it up in his head, doing a bit of math... 1 gm plus 2 sm... 1.2 gm... Plus 6 cm total... So 1.26 gm. Or 1 gm, 2 sm, and 6 cm. Clyde took a few moments to get out the exact amount, and handed it over to the man.

The fruitseller then measured out the amounts, and dumped it all into a 16 oz bowl, that was a simple bit of clay pottery.

"Thank you." Clyde said, turning away. Looking about for Elaine, he found her, and then motioned for her to come along.

"Alright, back to my place. We can make it in my lab."

-exit(To Sullin's Residence)-

Once home, Clyde would walk inside, and head to the door on the right, motioning once more to Elaine to follow. He took out a key, and unlocked the door to his lab, and walked inside.

"Alright, we can make it here."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 1st, 2013, 3:17 pm

Elaine did notice everyone looks oddly to him. Disgusting. Staring at someone like that. But she couldn't pay attention to that because they will go back and she was in trouble. She felt again some pictures were appearing in front of her. Something was not right. She focused and tried to not go crazy. As Clyde paid for everything she went after him and remained silent...

-Clyde's residence-

She could go inside now. She stepped in the house after Clyde and looked around. Nothing special. Some rooms and some pictures about Ravok. Just a regular home. She entered to the lab. Stone floor, tree walls and no windows. Elaine went in and looked inside. She couldn't help she felt pretty useless here. She whispered to Clyde.

"Pretty house. Not many decorations but that comes later. A good and warm home just for you..."

Too many memories popped up for her. She was suffering and was about to lose her mind again. Little whispers in her head. But she still focused... and focused. Bit calmed down. She went to Clyde who will make the soulmist for her.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Next