Solo Charms and Wishes.

Wherein Albireo makes a wish followed by prayer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Charms and Wishes.

Postby Albireo on April 29th, 2013, 9:52 am

Just give me a reason
To keep my heart beating
Don’t worry it’s safe right here in my arms
As the world falls apart around us

The Beginning by ONE OK ROCK

Spring 50th, 513 AV.
Trail of Waterfalls, Wishing Bridge.

Albireo found herself drawn to the Trail of Waterfalls whenever she could steal a quiet moment for herself. Slow, but steady steps left Lhavit behind and made to embrace the kind of shaped and formed nature the trail and its resting spots offered. Recently the city hadn’t treated her kindly and that irritated her, to say the least. Streets and bridges illuminated by skyglass, formerly a sight of joy and awe, turned into a reminder of less beautiful things. So she sought to avoid it for once. Walking among fragrant herbs and gnarled trees helped her regain focus and think about what had happened.

One of her strolls led the Ethaefal towards the Wishing Bridge. Although it was midnight rest, sleep hadn’t come. Exploring the bridge and the small table, she found white ink, brushes and river cobbles in its hollow body. It reminded her of something a visitor to the library had said the other day: “We paint our wishes on the stones in white ink and throw them into the river. That way we make a wish to the stars and leave it to the river to deliver it.”

Peering over the edge, she thought to glimpse a bit of white at the bottom of the water. Albireo returned to the table and stood for a while, weighing a cobble in her hand. The weight of wishes was a thing to consider carefully.

Finally she sat, opened a half-empty vial and took a brush. It felt vaguely familiar, welcoming her grip, courtesy of practicing writing and calligraphy under Polaris for most of the season. A mild smile appeared at the corners of pale lips, only to disappear again after a moment or two.

What word was there to paint? Thinking back to past happenings, it was obvious. First the Djed storm at the base of the mountain, then Zith in black fog. After dipping the brush into ink, she carefully traced each letter on the stone, keeping the brush at a right angle to its surface. Nobody had taught her how to hold brushes yet, she merely imitated what she’d seen other scribes do.

As she finished, the word seemed to shine in the moonlight: peace.

She had to fight a sudden urge to destroy the fresh ink and throw the cobble into the woods. Such a foolish wish! Suited to her Vantha guise, but not to the ethereal form looking up to the eye of Leth every night!

As she stared, the ink started to dry and the moment passed. Peace could mean safety within Lhavit, but also the healing of the fissure, the ceasing of Ethaefal and a return to peaceful communion with their divine Father and Mother. It could mean all that and more. The longer that thought rolled around in her head, the more she approved of the word.

Finally she rose, entered the bridge and, looking down, tried to find its exact center. After a moment of hesitation with a hand lingering over the gaping abyss, she let go of the stone. Closing her eyes, she let the word bounce back and forth inside her mind until there was a tiny splash down below.

When she opened her eyes, the wish was replaced by an overwhelming desire to converse with Leth.
Credits: wyldraven
Albireo
I got lost in translation.

Words: 71117
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Charms and Wishes.

Postby Albireo on May 1st, 2013, 10:43 pm

Albireo always addressed the Moon Lord wherever and whenever she desired it. Temples were city things. The wild blanket of sky and stars were as good an environment for prayer as walls, columns and curved roofs. In fact she had known the sanctity of the night sky framing His pale face even before remembering that building called temple.

So she sat down where she stood, leaning against the wooden balustrade and staring into faint shadows of black and white. For a moment there was silence: around her form, within her soul.

Then an idea hit her and in the same breath the Ethaefal arranged her body into a different form of prayer. She crossed her legs, placed her palms on the knees, straightened her torso and lowered her chin a little. As if her head was attached to a thread pulling it upwards, a pure and fresh feeling.

Once again her eyes closed and her breathing deepened. The Misty Peaks weren’t Lhavit, but still within its circle of safety. The tiny noises of a night-time forest entered and left her consciousness, but she knew they were nothing to be feared. Slowly, ever so slowly, she settled down within the environment.

That was when she turned towards herself, exploring thoughts and emotions. Sometimes she observed the shifting rainbows in her eyes during sunlight bells, but they meant nothing to her. A mirror didn’t fulfill that burning desire to figure out and understand inner workings.

Breathing in and breathing out became the center of her concentration. Like a little flame on a white candle, her breathing was a steady and calm motion. It repeated itself in endless circles, slowly spiraling towards the bottom of her mind.

At that point, the voice inside Albireo spoke up. It wasn’t really a voice as much as it was a shooting star of all senses: images flashed for a brief moment, noise grew and perished, smell and taste followed closely after, and a soft touch loomed over all. It was then that she raised all of it up to Leth, as a means of praise as well as attracting attention.

My beloved Moon Lord, I see Your pale face with the eye of my mind and I raise my voice in hopes of reaching Your divine ear.

After the descend and ever since, I was quick to accuse and doubt You. I was lost, lonely and frightened of everything and everyone. The fact that I notice and speak of it indicates that I am not the same anymore. Thus I come to You in a new form of prayer and worship and sincerely hope You accept my words.

Although I have never heard Your voice, I am sure it was You who directed my steps towards the City of the Stars. It was everything I wished for and more: a home, a place to settle down, an opportunity to learn things and grow as a person. Above all, safety.

I say safety despite the recent happenings or perhaps because of them. The Zith, dangers threatening from the outside, have only served to strengthen my belief that this city stands for safety. I thank You for guiding me here, for caring enough to keep me alive and well.

Yes, I have survived much and here I am, stronger and better than before. You were my excuse for fear and doubt for such a long time that it will be hard to shake the old habits. Yet I want You to know one thing: My faith has also grown stronger. If it was a crooked and withered sapling before, it has turned into a young and strong tree by now. My beloved Moon Lord, I believe in You like I never have.

At this time and in this place, surrounded by the beauty that Your light casts upon nature, I solemnly vow this: From now on I will serve You as well as I can. I will trust in You and place myself in Your divine care.

This is my vow and my wish to restore the former glory of our relationship. My Lord, I am Yours once again. I am now and I will be forever.

Breathing out, Albireo felt light and refreshed, as if she’d melt into thin air at any time. When she didn’t, she slowly opened her eyes and took in the solid quality of opalescent skin clad in shades of midnight and ink. It was what it was, but she could do one thing at least: turn it into a tool of the God.

The path was laid out. All she had to do was to take a step and walk it. After rising, she cast a last glance over the bridge into the abyss of the wild mountain river. A faint smile was playing around her lips. Then her hand slipped from the wood and she left the bridge to return to the city that was hers.

AND THE STORY CONTINUES.
Credits: wyldraven
Albireo
I got lost in translation.

Words: 71117
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Charms and Wishes.

Postby Elysium on May 7th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Albireo

XP:
Writing +2
Painting +1
Meditation +3

Lore:
Lhavit: The Wishing Bridge
The Misty Peaks, Basic
How to Observe Leth
How to Meditate

Notes: I very much enjoyed this solo. I think brevity is one of your strengths. If you have any questions about the grade, please PM me. :)

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)