PM to join [F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

In fashion - even Akalak fashion - one day you're in and the next day you're out!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Banickle on April 30th, 2013, 9:21 pm

The Forty-Sixth Day of Spring, Five Hundred and Thirteen Years After the Valterrian
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Banickle on May 1st, 2013, 2:43 am

"Th...there is no way I'm wearing that...that thing!" the beefy, blue-toned Akalak whined as he stood, half-naked, in the middle of the dressing room, pointing at an even younger boy of his race who had come at him with a fancy silk tunic. "It's gonna cover up all my hard work!" he continued to lament, motioning to his beautifully sculpted torso.

"But that's the point of this show, Xean," an equally impressive, teal-toned Akalak explained as he slid on a pair of skin tight leather pants. "We're here to show that you can have a great body, but also dress it in a way that is both functional and flattering. There's no need to run around in just a leather pouch or loin cloth all year long."

"Then give me those pants ya got there, Maht," Xean insisted as he swiped at them with his meaty paw of a hand.

"Nope. These are mine. Get your own."

"Come on. Give 'em over."

"He said, no," a third voice evenly stated from the doorway of the chamber, which caused the two arguing youths to stop, look, and listen. "Our hostess for this evening will be here soon. Can you please finish getting dressed? I would hate for her to see you in this state. She has a reputation to uphold, one that the two of you will help maintain by following her orders. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Antogio," the two replied in unison, knowing all too well that the man would most likely bring out his whip to drive his point home.

"Good. Now, get to it. Get dressed and get ready to put on an impressive show," the Akalak remarked as he circled the room, observing the dozen or so models as they prepared for this evening's event. "I know this may seem a tad bit, uh...what's the word...trivial to some of you," he continued to address the group as he paused to adjust a satin sash here or a silver button there, "but it's important, nonetheless. We need to show the city that we can be just as well-mannered and well-groomed as any other race in the realm. That if you stack an Akalak male against any other of the same gender, it will be an even match in many ways, including the choices we make in regard to our attire. This may come as a surprise, but there are other fabrics in this realm besides leather."

The coordinator paused now and regarded the room of models. He could see the somewhat vacant look in their eyes, as if he were speaking to them in a foreign tongue.

"Granted, we all know that we have more power in our little pinkies than most do in their entire bodies...but that'll be our little secret," he added with a grin that caused the room to erupt in a series of chest thumps and fist pumps. "Okay. Okay. Settle down and finish up. It's almost showtime!"

Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Rosela on May 14th, 2013, 12:26 am

“Personality. Persona-lities. Grea-a-t personalities.” Makeup brush in one hand, Rosela posed in front of her mirror, leaning forward at different intervals in the words. “Shining armor…heads on sticks…persona-a-lities.” Humming to herself, she added the last flourish to her blush and put the brush away. One of the biggest days in her career was ahead, and it need to be just right. She felt loose and refreshed after the massage class and she’d popped home to change and touch up her makeup.

She’d made a whole new dress for the occasion, a flouncy knee-high affair, strapless and overlaid with black lace. It’d taken her making a whole other dress to find a design with the right balance of classy and sexy. “Up on that hill…” She spun once, watching the skirt flare in the mirror. “…As fine as Wysar himself.” The 18th bell was coming up soon, and as much as she worried about her little opening speech, she needed to get moving.

Pausing to grab a satchel of pins, needles, and thread, she sashayed out the door and headed for the Arena. The crush of people slowed her a bit more than she wanted, and by the time she got there, she could only spare the lingering group of people a moment’s glance before ducking into the setup area. Unsurprisingly, Antogio was wrangling the models as she came up behind him. He turned in surprise as she stretched up on tiptoe to give him a peck on the cheek. “Thank you, Antogio, you’re a blessing. Xean…?”

“Uh, yea. Silk.”

Rosela pointedly ignored the fact that he was half naked, and she patted his bulging arm as she passed. “You look fantastic, I promise.” Turning to address the rest of the group, she quickly leaned over to snip a stray thread from a beltloop of Maht's pants. “Thank you everyone for being here. Trust me, we have the best looking men in the city, right here in this room. If you don’t believe me,” She raised an eyebrow at Xean as he smoothed down the tunic awkwardly. “Just ask the women you’ll be prying off you later. Now-” She was interrupted by the chiming of the watchtower, echoing throughout the city. All six hands pressed together excitedly. “Showtime! Kadex, remember-”

“Yea, yea, come out at ‘As fine as Wysar himself,’ don’t worry about it.” The bulky Akalak rolled his shoulders and nodded.

Smiling, Rosela took a deep breath, brushed down her skirt, and flipped through the curtain to a smattering of polite applause from the small crowd.

OOCThis originally went all the way through the first model, but it was getting a little insanely long...

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Banickle on July 1st, 2013, 8:31 pm

The audience, a surprisingly even mix of women and men, did indeed offer a warm welcome as the designer took to the podium positioned at the head of the stage. The stage itself was set just a few feet above them, dramatically up-lit by chunky glass sconces strategically placed every three or four feet apart along the extended length of stone.

At the other end of the room, at the base of a set of stone steps coming off of the stage, a collection of lights were gathered closer together in a near perfect circle to give the models a spot to truly shine and show off their garments. The shallow pool, created specifically for this event, which surrounded this portion of the event space, only worked to enhance the presentation even more. Once the models took up a position there, their reflections would be captured for the viewing pleasure of the surrounding audience.

Returning back to the head of the stage, the curtains currently obscuring said models were done in a heavy silk and dyed a fanciful combination of striking blues and deep purples with a smattering of sparkling crystals sewn throughout the upper portions. They effortlessly gave off the impression of a twilight sky.

The final touches, which truly pulled the whole experience together, were the tropical plants and whimsical firefly-shaped lights scattered throughout the seating space. Both really made the audience feel as if they were sitting in the middle of a serene, yet magical spring meadow at sunset. The perfect calming backdrop, purposefully designed as such, to contrast with the impressive hulking forms of the Akalak males yet to come.

"I hope everything is to your liking," whispered Antogio as he joined Rosela at the podium. "Even if the models come off as brutes, the setting itself will most certainly be remembered as both classy and sophisticated. Granted, it's the designs that need to be remembered the most, which, again, regardless of how they are presented by our motley crew, I'm certain they will shine brighter than the faux stars above."

Slipping away now, the Akalak gave Rosela the stage, however, he remained close-by, just in case she were to need him at any point during the show. Clearly, he wanted this presentation to go well, but, obviously, it was out of his hands. Thankfully, it was now up to the talented Rosela and her lovely designs, but, regretfully, it was also up to the models who could be heard, even now, bickering just beyond the curtains.

"Oh, for the love of the gods above," Antogio muttered before he took a deep breath, fighting the urge to uncoil his whip. "Let the show begin!" he unexpectedly barked, which caused several guests to jump in their seats.

Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Rosela on July 2nd, 2013, 1:47 pm

The applause went on a bit longer than Rosela expected, and Antogio joined her briefly on the stage. Applause rose slightly for the now-familiar face at the festival, and Rosela joined in with two hands as she gave his arm an affectionate squeeze. ”Thank you, Antogio, I mean it. You’ve made this all possible,” she whispered back, and listened to the applause die down as he disappeared back stage.

There was a small pause as Rosela opened her mouth and looked out at the crowd, anxiety hidden behind her smile. There were much more women in the audience than she’d anticipated, and she hastily rearranged her presentation to accommodate. She started a bit at Antogio’s shout, and laughed openly, hoping the crowd would laugh it off as well.

“Yes, lets! Hello everyone, thanks for joining us at ‘Fashion for the Fit Form’. I see plenty of familiar faces, but to anybody I don’t know yet, I’m Rosela, owner of Red Diamond Fashions.” She indicated herself with a flourish and reminded herself to keep her back straight and tilt her hips just so. “When the schedule for the festival came out, I had a lot of people ask; who cares what goes on my body, so long as people can see as much of my rippling musculature as possible?” She briefly mimed a cocky strut, grinning when it worked and a wolf whistle went up from the back. “As much as I’m sure some of us would love it if leather thongs became all the rage, you have to admit,” She shrugged and raised her hands helplessly, even as a titter of feminine giggles ran through the crowd. “It’s just not the most practical thing to wear. For men or women.” A few gruff laughs replied and she saw more than a couple men elbowing each other.

“See, any barbarian can walk around in a thong. This is Riverfall; you’re better than that! Imagine an army,” she raised her hands to the left, as though indicating such an army. “An army of Riverfall’s sons – and daughters - cresting the hill: every sword and helmet polished, every warrior in perfect step.” There were a few nods in agreement, and she lowered her hands and moved them dismissively to the right. “Now let’s look down the hill at our little barbarian horde. No shining armor, no shining anything, just patches of leather sewn together and a few…heads on sticks. Now I’m sure those barbarians have great personalities,” She leaned forward innocently, nodding in mock solemnity as a small ripple of laughter went through the attendees. “But my man is going to be up on that hill, looking as fine as Wysar himself.”

There was half a breath before an urgent murmur behind the curtain prompted a tightly muscled Akalak to step out from the curtain. He strutted over, making a show of the walk, even as his lips twisted with contained laughter. As he came to stand beside her, Rosela waved a hand dramatically in front of his torso, clothed in a form-fitting, sleeveless shirt tucked into a pair of fitted black trousers. Likely the simplest outfit in the show, but she wanted to ease them into it. “Like Kadex here. Fit. Upstanding. Clean. A fine man, we can all agree.”

A voice rang up from the crowd. “Except when he loses at cards!”

“Try me later, boy; we’ll see who the better man is.” Still soaking in the attention, Kadex laughed and posed dramatically, turning his arms out to flex for the laughing crowd.

“And witty too. Don’t be jealous.” Rosela waggled her finger towards the section of the crowd, unable to pick out the originator amongst the gaggle of guffawing men. “If he just wanted to show off his muscles, sure, he could strip down-” She had to pause and playfully smack his hands away from his shirt as he was about to take it off, to a rumble of laughter from the audience. But! He has more class than that. That’s what women want, right ladies?” There was a murmur of consent and a single ‘Yea!’ shouted up from the back. “Not just a bunch of muscles, but a man who takes care of himself and is aware of the face he presents to the world. And that,” She opened her hands to the crowd as Kadex moved to the presentation area, as if presenting a gift. He paused in the center and struck a cocky pose. “Is what we’re here to talk about. How to pick up women, and men,” she added with a wink. ”Without. Saying. A word.”

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[F&FF] I'm Too Sexy...

Postby Taylani on November 12th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Rosela
Skills :
+1 singing
+1 leadership
+1 impersonation
+2 rhetoric

Lores :
Impersonation: Cocky Struts

Notes :
Another short but fun read. Please PM me if you have any concerns about your grade and don’t forget to delete/edit your grade request

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)