Completed [The Bronze Woods] If you go down to the woods today…

... You'll find a Fallon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] If you go down to the woods today…

Postby Fallon on May 4th, 2013, 7:21 am

49th Spring 513AV
Early Morning- Barely sunrise.

Around the lower reaches of the Bronze Woods, Fallon Skylar had set herself up for the day. She had found a spot to bring herself down from horseback a few 30 chimes on foot north of the Sacred Arch hotsprings, and far enough in that the Kabrin road was barely obscured by the trees. She trod out the location with care, eyes turning sharp as she led the horse Javil through the deciduous trees, the narrow branches and spaces. For the moment the towering trees were far apart, enough so that her sight for the moment was not obscured too much, and should it be need, she would be able to mount the horse and make off to the Kabrin road once more. She heard Orvin give a yap as he searched the area, releasing his boundless energy whilst Fallon set herself up between the trees.

She carefully tethered Javil to one of the trees, checking he was secured before slowly she unloaded him. Not of a lot though, her backpack was among them carrying some food rations and things necessary for this day’s miniature exploration of the area and light training. Having the horse had indeed proven useful, it ensured she could carry more with her and did not have to worry about being so laden down with articles. It also gave her a slight extra speed. Though she was not comfortable with the idea of riding at a full gallop just yet. She tapped the Tulwar that she had strapped to her side and then the Kukri that she had attached to her back, a position where she could quickly draw it and bring it slicing down if need be. She always needed to be ready out in the wilds, who knew what could appear out here.

Cleaning up the area Fallon set herself to work. Firstly she rummaged about in the undergrowth, carefully hands picking through the leaves and spring foliage for stones. She pulled at the rocks, gathering them and taking them back to the clearing, and slowly but surely worked upon building a base for a fire. She laid them out carefully in a ring, piling them up so they would trap the heat. Looking about herself she rose once more, her head peering between the trees for the means to start a fire. Tinder, dried twigs and whatever else was necessary to start a fire and get it going. Once she had what was necessary, she would begin to explore and track the area. She would spread out her feelers of understanding of it and allow herself to become part of it for just a little while. After all she would have to learn how to survive out here if she ever got tasked with patrolling the woods.
Last edited by Fallon on May 31st, 2013, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 5th, 2013, 12:20 pm

It was another day in the woods, Scarlet thought. She had had no reason to think otherwise. It was another one of those days she would spend fully in her animal form, hunting and trying to forget about the usual order of events. She still hadn’t gotten a job, and perhaps this season she would skip doing that altogether. After all, she wouldn’t be using her hoarded gold for much, her house bared little importance as most nights her eagle form offered enough comfort, warmth and shelter for the night. It was such a day she needed to get used to if she was going to spend the summer out in the forest. However, the taste of rabbit needed a bit of variety, even though it could be found in abundance around here.

The capture hadn’t been by far what she wished for, but it was better than nothing. The hare had broken a leg beforehand, and the hunt had ended abruptly, leaving almost no satisfaction to the winged assailant. It will have to do she always said. It wasn’t long before she had found a place to settle in and enjoy her meal. She didn’t even begin nibbling into her newfound prey, when she sensed something. The smell of smoke was distinct and despite Scarlet knew not all of the travelers’ campfires should have been a concern for her, she took off, prey in her claws, towards the source of the smell.

Setting in the distance, atop one of the trees, she examined the place used for the campfire. She could distinguish one silhouette, one which was perfectly visible once she adjusted to the view. [i] I knew it! I knew one day I’d find her again. But I never expected this so soon….[i] She kept her distance, unknowing what to do, if to approach or if to walk away. For now, she just sat and watched.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 7th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Fallon worked quickly and in an almost mechanical fashion, a list of things going through her mind on what was the next necessary task to do. She stood upright, giving a whistle to Orvin and attracting the wolf cub over to her. He gave a yap, and bolted, his attention now fixed upon her and awaiting an order.
“Right boy… I need you to stay here and watch everything,” she crouched down to his height and gave him a rub against his side “Got that Orvin? Stay,” He gave a whine and sat himself before her “Won’t be too long, don’t worry. So stay.”

Her right hand reaching up to the Kukri she gave it a gentle tap before ensuring the camp was indeed secure and Orvin remained where he was. There was a hesitant glance back as she looked at her companion, before she went further into the undergrowth. At first she simply crouched down a few feet from the camp, her eyes scanning the ground for signs of life, her ears twitching for sounds other than what was behind her. She lowered herself, barely picking up the prints of an animal that had long passed by. She rose; her eyes following it round and her footsteps leading her on. She did not expect to come across anything, most animals after all had a tendency to bolt at the first sign of a human after all. Unless they were hungry for flesh that was.

Turning her gaze upwards to the spindle trees, did she look to the sky and then back once more in the direction in which she had come from. Nothing had changed, and Orvin for the most part was still were he was, if it was not for the few feet that he had walked. And so, Fallon continued on her way. She went in a little deeper, following those worn and old prints around the camp, before she stopped once more. The squire picked up a leaf, turning it over in her fingers as she looked upon the small bite marks that had been left in it. She looked about herself before finding another, less gnawed at than the previous, but similar marks having been left in it. She pursed her lips, and stood herself upright the stem of them being twirled in her fingers.

Thought had consumed her, and as she continued to follow the faint tracks round did she come once more into view of the camp, with Orvin having remained within the vicinity. She was not gone long by her standards- but then again a long time to her meant a good few seasons, not a few chimes. She paced back into the clearing, still holding onto the leaves that she twirled in her hand. The wolf’s ears pricked and he bounded once more towards her upon her return. She looked to the trees once more, before down upon the wolf.
“Let’s get a fire going shall we?”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 9th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Scarlet looked at Fallon while she nursed her pet wolf with care. He didn’t seem to look dangerous, just yet. She enjoyed the company of other animals: always loyal and caring, but would never abandon their young for a human. Some animals, even herbivores, clung to their young with ferocity Scarlet had yet to see in another Kelvic. Animals were pure compared to other species, and she was well aware that included her, and she would stand by her thoughts no matter what. The Kelvic admired as the young wolf obeyed the woman’s every command, sitting in place in front of Fallon.

As her unsuspecting friend dove into the thicket, Scarlet took off, trying to be quiet whilst giving the camp she had set up. In a few seconds, she determined that what she suspected initially was correct: Fallon was alone with her wolf companion. The pet, seeing her, became suddenly unsettled, as if fearing that she would take him and devour him. However, Scarlet had no taste for live wolves, and even less taste for live wolves which would attract the eternal hatred of a friend. The wolf was still edgy, moving a few steps closer to the thicket Fallon had entered.

Scarlet took a short turn mid-air, heading for a tree in the opposite side of the direction Fallon was coming from, setting herself on a branch and looking at the two. From here, the white wolf seemed almost cute. Before the woman could consider starting a fire, Scarlet screeched once, greeting her in bird language. “Hey, Fallon, look here.” She didn’t wait, taking off again and circling the stones positioned in the middle of the camp, setting her claws on one of them, waiting for Fallon to recognize her. “It’s me, Scarlet. Make sure your pet doesn’t get too touchy feely on me. I may have scared him.” Scarlet knew she couldn’t have understood her, but hoped for something, a bit of understanding on her side. Maybe, after all, she didn’t forget an old friend.
Last edited by Scarlet Evony on May 11th, 2013, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 11th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Fallon heard the screech of a bird, her head turning sharply about to see where it came from. She watched for a while, her eyes squinting at it as she looked upon the curious creature. For a moment she simply stood there and froze, watching it flutter down from some high up perch. She went over to her back pack, hands riffling their way through. She brought out the flint and steel, her eyes returning once more to the eagle that had placed itself on the stones. Orvin in the meanwhile had given a low whine, before padding his way towards her, eyes drilling at it. He released a low wine, followed by the low sniff as he came closer to investigate with his ears pricked forwards and his muzzle mere inches away from it.

Her fingers curling around the flint and steel, Fallon stared at it taking slow careful steps over as she did. It seemed tamed, more so with the close range it had brought itself in. The squire clicked her fingers “Orvin, heel,” The wolf gave a blink at her, head cocking to one side as if trying to understand what was said. She repeated herself, a firm point to the ground next to her confirming what had been said, “Now stay.”

Careful feet lead her closer, to it, her posture curling inwards as she slowly went closer. In honesty the squire was not sure on what to do short of slowly advance on it, and taking the opportunity to study it. She kept herself low, and carefully wonder slowly going across her face. She stepped around to the other side of the stones, and knelt herself down next to it. Fingers arranged the tinder carefully, the steel and flint coming together as she turned her wrist to light it. For a while she simply ran the pair across each other, the chink of metal sounding out as her wrists turned. It was hard trying to get it to spark with the eagle observer staring at her, and as her eyes finally stuck with fixating themselves onto the eagle did she let out along sigh.
“You going to just stare at me all day Feathers?” she gave a smirk and sat upon her haunches “Seriously, you’re pretty tame for a bird. You a trained one or something?” she rubbed at her eyes “Must be going mad, I’m talking to a bird.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 11th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Scarlet looked around. She would have probably been amused at Fallon's failure to light the tinder, but her eagle form prevented her from taking much more than a sound, trying to resemble laughter. Her wolf's attempt at identifying her was cute, to say the least, and his rather unaggressive nature proved to be interesting. He seemed pretty tame, listening to Fallon's every command, even though he yelped in protest at some points.

As soon as the woman addressed her, the Kelvic tilted her head a bit sideways. "Did you really forget I'm an eagle in my animal form? Really?" Scarlet was a bit upset, but decided it would be best to keep it for herself. She fluttered her wings a bit off the stone, to shift back into her human form. She stood there for a bit, covering her more private parts. Contrary to popular belief, she did feel a bit embarrassed in some situations of being naked in front of somebody. "Tame for a bird? Did you really forget?!" Okay, being upset to herself really didn't work out at first.

"Though I must admit, it's pretty crazy talking to a bird. What if I were a stranger, wouldn't you be breaking the number one rule of this world?" Surprisingly enough, Scarlet was in her more playful mood. "Doesn't matter, really. It's good to see you again, Fallon." She crouched, as to cover her naked form a bit better. "But I guess my visit is going to be short lived, because I doubt I can go get my clothes and return over the ridge in due time in human form."
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 11th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Fallon stared, firstly at the flash of light that came from the eagle and then at the woman that replaced it. She gave a blink, and swallowed as her mind grew blank on what had just happened. The eagle was a Kelvic. That Kelvic was Scarlet. And now she was before her. Without a stitch on. And so, Fallon straightened, her eyes failing in tearing themselves away. They widened, her lips moving to form words, but failing in producing sound. She felt a twitch form, her cheeks beginning to glow as she tried to bring out anything she could possibly say.
Say something!
“Nice…” her head gave a nervous nod. Her hand went to her face, eyes clenching shut as she realised what she had just said. The skin turned a brighter shade of red, her eyes finally gaining willpower over staring whilst her voice turned to one of pure fluster, “Wait! I didn’t mean it like that! I mean… I mean… I don’t know! You’re… you’re… YOU’RE PETCHING NAKED!”
Five points for being obvious.

There was a mad fluster of movement as the squire leapt to her feet, fingers working quickly to take off the studded armour, and get access to her coat. The armour was tossed to one side, the coat taken off to reveal the shirt and breeches underneath, and then thrown at Scarlet. Her head turned away, her eyes finally fixing themselves upon the ground. She could not look up to face the Kelvic, not at present at least. Her mind was too busy trying to filter through what was going on again. Orvin for the moment had backed away, confusion having covered his form at the sudden presence of another human and obviously contemplating on whether he should release a bark or not. He padded about in the background, slowly coming closer and plucking up the courage to release a low growl, the fur slowly standing on end. He came round to his master, whilst she herself turned away properly so her back faced the Kelvic. Slowly she managed to release a croak of words, “Nice to see you. In all your uh… yeah. Let’s not go there.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 12th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Scarlet could not find the strength in her soul not to start laughing at the two’s reaction. “What, is it the first time you see somebody else naked?” Her voice tone tried to conceal her own embarrassment, the same hue of red starting to flood her own cheeks. “I suppose I’m a bit sorry. I didn’t mean it to make you feel like this.” She added while slipping on Fallon’s coat. It had a distinct warmth Scarlet wasn’t really used to, but it was just about her size. She didn’t know what to say; being lost for words wasn’t her forte, and usually it took a bit of time to recover enough courage to say something else.

“Thanks.” She said, covering what she could of her body with the offered garment. She walked around, trying to fix Fallon’s eyes. “I also appreciate the compliment. I would like to return it someday.” Wha… What the hell was that, Scar? “No… Sorry… That came out wrong… I actually meant…” Scarlet turned her face away, now almost as bright of a red as her friend. “Gah! That’s no way to start a conversation!” She took the same stance as Fallon did a few moments back, trying to ignore the curious wolf sitting by her, and trying to switch from the embarrassing statement Fallon had addressed her. “What brings you around these parts? It’s not every day you see somebody trekking the woods with her pet wolf.”

Scarlet skidded past the two, looking at the arrangement made for the fire. “I see you’re setting up something for the night. Is there any specific purpose to it or did you just drop by because you… Actually, let’s just say you have a purpose for being here.” The Kelvic fixed her eyes upon one of the rocks, trying to focus on it. Maybe if she wanted it bad enough, she’d become invisible.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 15th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Fallon stared, and fixed her sight upon the floor “Um… well y’know, maybe… it was unexpected! Don’t judge me!”
She gave a glance at the Kelvic as she dressed herself in her coat, whilst the squire in the meanwhile simply swallowed and proceeded in answer “I uh… I was… just training really… getting to know the land… Orvin well… he’s a good companion… and he listens,” she snapped her fingers at Orvin, a whistled to grab his attention “Most of the time.” She gave a sigh, shoulders hunching in slightly “Not really setting up a camp though… far from it. Think of it more as uh… a practice point. Or a point of reference.”

The squire gave a shrug, her jaw clicking as she managed to pull her gaze away from the ground for a moment, and onto the collected stones. Her hand rose, as if it was an aid to help her think through her momentary panicked mind. Once more Scarlet had caught her off guard, once more had she managed to get the mind of the human racing and trying to keep up. Except this time it was an uphill struggle. She felt herself breathe heavy, fingers wringing themselves as she knelt and picked up the previously discarded flint and steel.

Scraping them along each other, she worked once more upon igniting the tinder. Her head for the most part though was kept bent, and her focus poured onto making the tiny spark. The two clipped together, a steady rhythm as steel scrapped across stone, her wrists seizing up as she tried to get the angle right.
“So uh… Woods today eh? I mean, you like it here don’t you?” She flinched back as she finally managed to make a spark, before trying again this time blowing upon the tinder “I mean… it’s open and not shut in like the city. It’s not a giant coffin for bodies out here.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 16th, 2013, 7:29 pm

"Woods today, woods tomorrow. Woods every day, actually. I'm a predator, not a human." Scarlet answered simply. There was no need to beat around the bush with something so simple. "I come down to the woods, I hunt, I sleep, I do whatever I want. Unless it's winter. I find it nicer in Syliras during the winter, since food is pretty much hard to find except for a few corpses. They're not that tasty, either." She stood up, circling around Fallon and the almost started fire.

Besides, Scarlet had her way slightly around the forest, after years of spending her time around it. "You might want to have at least one of your sides guarded, if you're going to sleep here. Trees are safe, but I can't promise the same about the ground level. Wolves circulate the ground, and they’re quite enthusiastic when seeing people alone. You could use the terrain to your advantage, though.” The Kelvic looked around before pointing to her right. “There, I think that’s where they’re most likely to come from, if they do. The thicket is nearly inexistent there.”

Scarlet took a deep breath. How was this of any help? It seemed off to start rambling about the environment. Fallon probably knew this as well as she did. “How about we change the subject? It’s still morning, and the day is still young. How about I help you do your stuff around here. I can come in quite handy sometimes. Kelvic’s word.” She let out an awkward giggle before stepping close to the human. “So, where do I start?”
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next