Completed Drinks and More [Ehati]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Daniel Connor on May 8th, 2013, 12:14 am

Daniel was on his second mug of beer for the night, the taste of the ale dancing in his mouth. He looked in his coin purse, and grimaced at how little he had left. He stared into the fire, lost in his troubles, mercenaries are not as in demand as they used to be. Shaking off his thoughts, he quickly drained his mug. The door opened with a soft thump. He always sat in the corner, so he could see when people came in, and people who would wish harm to him would have to approach him head on.

He looked up, and saw it was a woman, looking to be in her mid twenties. She had the telltale red hair and green eyes of an Inarta. He was attuned to these kind of things, probably his bond’s instincts rubbing off on him. Hmm, what was she doing in a place like this? Nevermind. He hailed the bartender, quite a big man he was, but not fat, just muscular. He ordered another round, tossed a few coins at the bartender, and a fresh mug, frothing at the top, was set in front of him. He picked it up and nursed it, letting out a deep sigh. He looked up again to see her approaching him.

What could this woman want with him? Sure he was good looking, but not many people in Syliras would have the guts to approach him without prior invitation. She probably was not from around here, or at least had not heard of him. She had the build of an archer, he could tell by her arms. Working for the knights perhaps? That would explain it, he did not deal much with knights if he could avoid it. But for her, he might make an acception.
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Words: 69391
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Ehati on May 17th, 2013, 6:44 am

68th of Spring, 513 AV*Added a timestamp. ;) Let me know if you need it changed. Anything after the 66th is good, or should be, but I'll let you know if it isn't

Typically, Ehati wouldn't enter a place like the Stallion unless she was called in or otherwise had no choice. She detested the smell and the noises and the atmosphere of the place as well as what it promoted. She had seen more than enough people of good status in Skyinarta that got wasted on alcohol to care for knights or business owners that came to this establishment for that same reason.

Finding herself there tonight was something of a surprise for her, in that case. Although she did not wear the garb of the knighthood, she had taken the liberty to pin the symbol of her rank to her collar to show would be troublemakers that she was a Knight and that she wouldn't be there for fun. She did not carry a drink with her, did not stop for idle chitchat, and bore herself like some proud eagle trying to impress his mate. Why she found herself approaching a lone man then, she was unsure. Physically attractive though he may be, she rarely enjoyed the company of the pretty anymore. Decadence had abandoned her when she abandoned Skyinarta so long ago and the need to be with a pretty person was squashed under such serious things as how sharp a sword was, weather the birds were eating, or if there was an underground group of thieves in the city.

Even so, she sat at a chair at his table, inviting herself to join him without providing notice. When she spoke, she was blunt as Inarta often are, her tone and accent both ashes of her past.

"Why do you sit alone and not among friends?" She wanted to know, her eyes staring unblinkingly at him with all the intensity of one of the beloved birds of the Inarta. "Not often do people sit alone. Might make some of us suspicious, especially in a place like this." She tilted her head to mean the entirety of the patronage in the Stallion that evening.
Sera Ehati, 3rd Wing, Orange Company, 1st Regiment, Silver Quadron.
Ehati
Knighted by the Basilisk.

Words: 40220
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2013, 6:57 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Daniel Connor on May 17th, 2013, 11:18 pm

The woman sat at his table without invitation, producing a raised brow from Daniel. Then she spoke, her voice carried echoes of her past, yet still managed to be somewhat cheerful, despite the atmosphere of the pub.

"Why do you sit alone and not among friends?" She asked, her green eyes boring into him. Her comment had struck home, he was indeed lonely on this night, though he tried not to show it. "Not often do people sit alone. Might make some of us suspicious, especially in a place like this." She tilted her head, motioning that the rest of the inhabitants of the pub would agree with her. “Aye, I drink alone. My job is tough, and it does not make me many friend, so I like to spend my free time at this fine establishment.” he said, his eyes flashing from a blue grey, to a black, then a purple whilst he spoke. “Well lass, what fortune has cause you to come here? Knights like your self do not usually come here.” His eyes turning green, he said, “May I buy you a drink?”

Daniel had not targeted her as a potential date, but now that he was sitting at his table, he thought he might give it a try. What is the shame in trying? As his mentor used to say, you miss 100% of the shots you do not take. It occurred to him, that if she was familiar with Vanthas, then she might be able to read his emotions by through his eyes, making him seem too forward. But, if she was a knight, then she probably did not get up that far north. Still, she might be shocked at the rapid color changes, as most were. If he did start a relationship with her, would his line of work be a problem? It had not troubled him ever, his safe was always full of mizas, so why should it trouble her? He shoke off his thoughts and turned back to her.

OOCThe timestamp is fine, thanks!
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Character sheet

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Ehati on May 29th, 2013, 7:11 am

Ehati considered his offer for a few long ticks, the interim timed by the tapping of her fingertips against the wooden surface of the table. She wasn't there to drink, that was for sure, and nor did it appeal to her to share a table with a stranger and have him buy her ale, but she couldn't deny the prospect was tantalising. The last time she had been to the Stallion it had not ended well. Bruises marred her white skin from where she had been pushed and had fallen into things as well as a few brought to her by drunken fists that didn't realise she wasn't involved in the fight and was, in fact, not an ordinary citizen.

"Yeah, I'll take a drink," she said eventually, curling her lips upwards in a smile slightly. She had noted the changing colour of his eyes and decided a drink wasn't too bad. There was a name for people whose eye colour changed, but she couldn't remember it. They came from the north though, she thought. Or maybe it was to the far south. There were people with strange eyes in both directions. She hailed for the bartender and made her order and he disappeared to fetch the drink. In the time it took to wait for his return, Ehati decided to address where the man hailed from that brought him such strange eyes. "Where are you from? I am afraid the sight of your eyes has me curious, but I am sorry if I am prying," she said, casually, looking like she wasn't actually apologetic for anything.

"And might I ask as to what you are employed as in my city? Knight's curiousity, you know?"
Ehati

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Daniel Connor on May 31st, 2013, 2:46 am

She seemed to mull the idea over in her head, and after few moments thought, she said, "Yeah, I'll take a drink," her lips twisting into a smile forming a smile. Daniel and the woman sat in silence a while, she hailed the bartender to bring her a drink, and he put down coins for her drink; and another round of his. He noticed her staring at his eyes, and he became uncharacteristically self conscious. "Where are you from? I am afraid the sight of your eyes has me curious, but I am sorry if I am prying," she said, nonchalantly, not sounding sorry for asking in the least. He thought for a moment, thinking over how best to answer her, when his thought was cut off by another question. "And might I ask as to what you are employed as in my city? Knight's curiosity, you know?" she asked, staring into his eyes, which flashed a deep green.

“I am Daniel Connor, and I hail from the Hold of Snowsong, yet I have not lived their for most of my life. I am a Vantha, a northerner, and an inherent trait of Vanthas’ is our eyes, which change color following our mood. It can make us easy to read, but easy to get along with.” Daniel told her with vibrato, pride in his voice when he spoke of his hold. His eyes were golden as he stared off into the distance. “As for my occupation, I am a mercenary, one of high caliber, if I do say so myself. I do what jobs that come to me,” he looked to her then, remembering her knighthood, and hastily said, “and that are legal, of course. It has a steady coin flow.” He took a long sip of his drink, then set it down with a thud. Addressing her, he asked, “Now, I have told you my name and line of work, now what of you?”
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Character sheet

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Ehati on June 21st, 2013, 10:08 am

Ehati smiled, accepting the drink placed down before her when it arrived. She hadn't come to the Stallion with the expectation of drinking, but now that she had a pint in front of her she was sorely tempted to enjoy the time she would have here.

"A pleasure to meet you, Daniel," she said, summoning up her formality. "I am Ehati, a Knight as you could probably tell. I'm from Skyinarta, or as outsiders might say, Wind Reach." She enjoyed her native word for her homeland more than the Common word and it had fallen off her tongue with practiced ease, bringing back a sense of longing for that mountainous world she had forsaken for the rolling plains and tall, leafy trees. "It's interesting that you would be a mercenary based in Syliras. Do you find much work here, in competition with the Knights that keep the city? Or do your contracts usually take you far?"

By the way she would be speaking of it, Ehati allowed him the knowledge that she did not mind the presence of mercenaries in her city, at least she didn't mind the ones that did their work legally. There was a special place in her bird-loving heart for those that pursued something noble rather than something devious and dark. Allowing him his chance to reply, she took a long draught from her pint. She was interested in Avanthal now that she had a native from that northern city in her company, as well as interested in the Vantha race. Those eyes really were something different for her and she found every shift of colour to be amusing, in a way.
Ehati

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Daniel Connor on June 22nd, 2013, 11:59 pm

She smiled and said, "I am Ehati, a Knight as you could probably tell. I'm from Skyinarta, or as outsiders might say, Wind Reach." Ehati seemed to drift off into a different part of the world and lingered there for a moment, and returned again before continuing. His eyes turned a soft white with flecks of blue, remembering his own home. "It's interesting that you would be a mercenary based in Syliras. Do you find much work here, in competition with the Knights that keep the city? Or do your contracts usually take you far?" He pondered the question, trying to figure out if she meant to imply something about his line of work. He came to the conclusion that she was okay with his occupation and honestly wanted to know.

“Well, I do acquire most of my jobs locally, but they do take me to cities far away, sometimes many hundreds of miles. And the knights are not much competition, no offence,” Daniel started, his eyes changing colors as he fitted between the emotions of his story. “Knights have to follow their orders. If a senior officer does not want them to do something, they can not without fear of punishment. I, on the other hand, can do whatever my instincts tell me to do, and do that well. That is why they pay me the big Mizas.” He smiled at her and took a drink of his beer. “So, tell me of your home land.” Wind Reach, he had been there. What a chore to get to, as it had been in a remote mountain. He had been protecting a shipment of gems coming into the city. He would have liked to have spent more time there, know the culture behind it. He looked to the woman across from him, gazing into her eyes.
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Character sheet

Drinks and More [Ehati]

Postby Radiant on October 16th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Daniel :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Ehati: Inartan Knight

Loots

Ehati :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Daniel: Vantha Mercenary
Vantha: Color-Changing Eyes

Loots

Notes :
Daniel, there's no "90 GM" living expenses. There's only 5 GM(Squalor), 45 GM (Poor), 135 GM (Common), 450 GM (Good), or 675 GM (Exquisite).

Please change all of your living expenses by choosing one of them. I recommend "Common" as it would make the most sense for him.

Also, Daniel, you are a novice in observation so I would recommend to not having him noticing too much detail such as finding out Ehati is an archer, etc just by looking at her.

On further note, please don't CTRL C + V everything your partner said and do to the T in your posts. It's not recommended and just looks like you are trying to extend your posts in a crude way.

On yet another note, I hope Daniel is just bluffing with his tales of glory because well... with his skills, he's qualified for basic mercenary missions only.

Things such as "but they do take me to cities far away, sometimes many hundreds of miles. And the knights are not much competition, no offence," er... it shouldn't be possible as inter-city travel is very dangerous in Miz and requires much preparation. They sure wouldn't hire a mercenary without at least Expert skills.

Also, not much I could give here, but enjoy. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)