Closed Qiao’s Quest

Rayage gets a quest from Qiao, one that drastically changes her plans.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on May 9th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Spring 20 513 AV

”Rayage” Qiao started, staring at the nuit, ”You have a history in Ravok, correct?” the master asked, but Ray knew that it was not a question to be answered, instead just one to prove a point. ”Well, with recent events, I have need for someone who has been to Ravok and is familiar with it. A little assignment, so to say.”

He went on, ”And of course you would be willing to do this for me.” he told Rayage, the master Alchemist having almost no say in the matter, but Ray wasn’t sure he could refuse. Qiao had been her biggest benefactor since he had gotten to Sahova. It was because of Qiao that Rayage was able to do her research mostly undisturbed. A couple books of research notes later, and a couple of creatures to show instead of just theories, results. That is what Ray brought, and that is most likely why she would be assigned this. She was trustworthy, and by taking this mission and seeing it to its completion she was sure she would get even more stars from Qiao, and increase her standing further on the island.

Qiao did not turn away from Rayage, ”There is a wizard who defected from the island, who was more capable than we had first imagined. The wizard stole a very important artifact from Sahova, along with various research notes from other wizards within his major field of study. This person is a magecrafter, and stole quite a few reagents along with everything else. Sahova believes that the nuit you are searching for is residing in Ravok.” there was the connection to Ravok in all of this. ”His name is simply Forus, a magonym which he used throughout his three hundred year stay here. Although I doubt he would use the same name in Ravok.”

”Forus is a dangerous fellow, however a fool to double cross Sahova. He was greatly regarded in his skill in Magecraft, but also knew a variety of personal magic including voiding, shielding, and projection. As I said, he was more able than we predicted which is how he got away. Your task, Rayage, is to apprehend Forus, and retrieve the item he stole from Sahova. You may take a small team to accompany you in this mission. You will be provided with Djed Shackles to restrain Forus with and to help you transport him back to Sahova.”

Gods know what Qiao has planned for the traitor when he is transported back to Sahova. The thought almost made Ray shiver. ”You will be leaving on a special ship destined to take you to Nyka. This ship departs promptly on the 50th of spring, and you will arrive in Nyka late this season, if not early Summer. From Nyka you need to travel to Ravok.” Qiao explained the preparations that he made, and the plan to reach Ravok. ”You will be expected to leave with the ship. If you miss it I will not be forgiving.”

”That is your task.” Qiao waved the nuit away, and Rayage did a slight bow before leaving, heading to back to her lab. She understood perfectly what she had to do.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on May 10th, 2013, 5:17 am

Miro had grown to like Lab 45E, for it held a dark charm. So full of ancient secrets. The Alchemist's cave of wonder and magic, or something of the sort. In reality, it was just a lab, some place for Alchemy to be performed. Had a professional circle, his supplies and lab notes. To some it was a dream, but to the Reimancer, it was little more than a place to play pretend. Ender however seemed quite enthused, eager to snoop. His master would share in this, if already he hadn't his fill of the activity. There was little new or exciting left here, which was somewhat of a shame. Just went to prove, world magics eventually ran dry on excitement. It was useful in creating tools for a personal wizard, and little more than that. Such a shame, for so far it had done little to be of any use.

The Chained One had been here for a while, passing his time, for the most part. His Familiar offered the occasional quip, but it all seemed so drab while waiting. Rayage had left, some summons by a profound leader, or some odd business of the sort. It was just the type of remark to be made, some way to rub Miro's nose in the success the Nuit had on the island. Apparently, those well practiced in the personal pursuits of magic did not make waves. Quite ironic, given to that the Reimancer could create massive waves only surpassed by Laviku and Zulrav themselves. Somehow there was no use for an amazingly powerful killing tool in an island meant for conquering. Who would have guessed? By Miro's prediction, he should be treated as Rayage had described his own. His every want and need tended to, as to further his masterful craft. The techniques and power his loyalty would buy any interested individual were anything but slight, and to the highest bidder they went. Seemingly though, the only bidder wise enough to place stock in him was the Nuit Alchemist who's work space Miro was currently squatting in.

"Miro, make use of this time given to us. We have wasted enough time already, so help me here. Snag something of value so we can go. Or prepare a trap. Though, silly me, why would you need to set a trap? Just make sure his death is spectacle, for I want to review the image for years to come. Make it memorable for me, a mix of brutal and artistic. Something as primal and savage as it is sophisticated and artistic. You are a master in this, so show it. Make this one special and prepare your method. We don't have all day to waste." But the Irylid knew more than to expect anything more than his master making excuses. Being as such, it made the wizard feel predictable, something he detested. Instead, he would do something he hadn't in quite some time. How they say, to "pull one's chain". Quite the amusing term, seeing how Miro viewed the Familiar a slave of sorts. "Do not worry Ender, I already have it planned. Do you think your master would just sit here idly in all of this time? No. I have been plotting destruction." And just as that was being said, it sounded that somebody had just arrived at the lab door.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on May 22nd, 2013, 12:37 pm

”Ah, Miro.” Rayage said upon entering her lab. Her smile was brief and she seemed torn on a subject. The task that was handed to her was of great importance. Whatever was taken from Sahova must have been something special for Qiao to send to send her. After all, there were only so many people who the wizard could trust with a task like this. Even though she had not the power in personal magic, she did have wit and her considerable skills and knowledge of the area. Qiao must have been confident that she could do it. Though, with leaving, her research would be put on hold, and it was something that only she could do.

The walk back to her lab was spent in silent contemplation of the upcoming events. She was to travel to Ravok in search of a rogue wizard. Things were going to be very interesting indeed. Though no matter how much she thought about it, no matter how much completing this mission meant, she felt empty that she was being sent away. She had started the homunculus project and was going to deliver Sahova an army. Though, they could do that without her once the creature was made. Once the creature was made would she be useful anymore? She would have to find other ways to make herself worth the support of Qiao. Another ambitious project, another dream, or perhaps a continued one? What was she now?

The nuits mood, for once, seemed down as the dark thoughts took over her head. ”Miro,” she said again forcing a smile upon her form, ”you will no longer be able to come here as you please anymore.” Rayage announced, ”I have been given a very special mission from Qiao himself. Im supposed to depart immediately.”

Would he come with me? The nuit kept asking herself. Would he be a part of her team, a piece in this effort to help stop this wizard?

”I was just getting some papers.” she said, scurrying over to her desk to grab the notes on cross section of the disciplines of Alchemy and Malediction, ”To give to Vick before I depart.” she said, collecting the notes under her arm. ”I am very busy right now.” she said, not bothering to ask what Miro was doing in her lab when she was gone. After all, she did not think Miro could steal anything worthwhile. She didn’t even think that the child could read her nadar-canoch.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on May 30th, 2013, 3:16 am

Miro was displeased to hear what Rayage had to say, but bit his tongue for now. A special mission, unwelcome in the lab, and departing immediately. Immediately? Rayage? A Nuit like him with urgency? He would rush, and leave his work behind, leave Miro behind. Somehow it seemed off. All he comes to do is grab papers to give to little Vick, then he would be gone. Departing, as he claimed. Why would Miro be brushed off so easily after all the Alchemist had promised him in the past? They had grown close, easily as close as two wizards could. For one to have some level of trust in the other was something rare. To find cooperation between two with their own devices for getting their way is one thing, but to have some level of trust and even dependence, that was definitely something to grasp onto.

Rayage would not expect his greatest asset to just let him leave without more said. Especially when that was Miro, one who could never let anything go. As he saw him, a child who could never accept no as an answer. Knowing damn well that brushing him off would upset the wizard. That he would demand attention and satisfaction. That the Reimancer loved to hear things like important missions, even involving Vick. Attempting to upset him by saying he was no longer welcome, cutting him off entirely. There was no doubt, the corpse wanted to be begged to give out information. Perhaps to invite Miro and use him to accomplish the mission. Surely something like that would make them both look good, and mutual gain could be earned. Support of Qiao sounded nice indeed.

"I will not come around here anymore. I understand what you are saying entirely. You have a very important duty. And I suppose you will be departing very quickly. I will not hold you from this, but perhaps I could be of some assistance." The Chained One grinned to himself. He hadn't any idea where that paper would be, and doubted Ender would even help if he could. the Irylid was still expecting to see a kill. "I may not be able to help find that paper, though I can do a great many other things. I know where Vick's lab is, and of course I can deliver. Or, maybe, you know. I could come with you also, if you'd need some protection. Some guidance. You know how useful I am, and how much I care to see you succeed." The wizard stopped talking to hold his right hand out before him with palm upturned and produce gaseous Res.

Miro twirled his fingers as the substance poured out and pooled in the air. It followed his movements as he reached into his robe and pulled out the Mask of Many. The thing was put on quickly, trying to take advantage of the Nuit searching about. There was no need to do anything but entertain. He would get what he wanted and put on a little show. Ender would bite, Rayage would also, and then the wizard would hold a satisfied grin on his face. The outside layer of his Res was ignited into a slight flame, and the fuel was constantly being replenished. "Rayage, you would be wise to keep me close, unless you wish to meet Dira. You know I have had my eyes on you for some time, waiting for a chance." The Reimancer extended his arm out and flared his hand. The gas around his hand formed into a condensed mass and shot towards the Nuit like an arrow.

The Irylid was shocked by this, but loving finally seeing what he wished so dearly for. He watched it all with great focus and vigor. Every instant was caught in great detail, moving almost in slow motion for the Familiar. The spell closed in on Rayage, and then even Ender's skills of observation were unable to follow. The substance transmuted to lightning and shot around the Alchemist and struck the wall directly in front of him with an electric crash. "It is shocking for most how quick and accurate my casting is. You would be a fool to leave me behind, bitter and resentful I'd be. You never know how a proud wizard will act with a sore ego. Especially to the one who bruised it. What do you say, Corpsey? Do you want to stick together a while longer? I promise a job well done, if you can give credit where it is due. Qiao would be wise to know my name."

The Familiar proved the wizard right by biting first. He believed that he would see the Alchemist dead. After realizing the truth, that it was a play at getting approval to stick around, he was quite upset. Not only that, but he realized that there was a chance of ridding his master of the Nuit he so despised. That the foul man would be leaving. The thought of witnessing his destruction had distracted him. Caught his attention long enough for his master to do just what he would not want. "You can not be serious. The corpse lives, AND you are hoping to risk our lives for him? This is not how it should be. I am disappointed in you." However it must have been severe, for the Irylid rarely spoke like that to its master anymore. "You are missing the whole point, aren't you? If I do this, I will have a chance at getting some recognition. A chance to have my skills recognized. Especially when I outshine their chosen hero."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on June 1st, 2013, 10:24 pm

Miro seemed to have taken the news better than she had expected. Though the conversation took a dark turn, that hinted at something more. The fire floated towards her and she watched it, going between Miro and the fireball, trying to read what he was up to. Though Rayage kept a smile, less amused and more forced, and nodded as he talked. The lightning struck the wall behind her. There was nothing she could have done against that. Nothing, she still was too weak, and Miro was fast to remind her of that fact. Resentment brew her in heart on that fact for both the boy and herself.

Turning from him she went back to her task, the papers clutched tightly in her hands, her thoughts rushed through her options. ”Very well then.” she said walking towards the exit of her lab, ”If you wish to accompany me, then, by all means, accompany me. I have no means of stopping you.”

”Besides, you are correct, Miro my boy. I would be a fool to leave you behind.” she smiled reaching the door of her lab, turning she watched the youth, ”Would you lead the way to Master Vick?” she asked for his assistance. After all, children needed attention, needed to feel helpful, needed a lot of careful observation and guidance. The nuit held the door open for Master Miro waiting for him to lead the way.

Walking by the kid, ”I do not think that Vick will take too kindly to my sudden leaving. Just as you, but he will have my notes and observations in our most recent advancements.” Rayage seemed pleased with herself. ”Though some things just cannot be replaced.” she mused to herself walking the halls of the undead isle, ”Such as this place, and yourself, Master Miro.”

”It is a shame that the island doesn’t see what I see in you. Though, most of the world does not see this existence as I do.” she waved a hand in the air whimsically and without care, observing the ring which gave her the guise of the living. The two sapphires, or what she assumed was sapphires, caught the artificial light that the D-wire lined halls nicely. ”Don’t despair though, as I said, when you come to your prime the gods themselves will know your name, and so will Sahova.”
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on June 23rd, 2013, 9:41 pm

Rayage had come out with his true intention, and it was fine. He needed Miro, and admittedly, the young undead needed his Alchemist partner. Maybe not dependent on him for anything more than companionship, a general net of life goals, but a need still. When one's life was always so empty, sometimes that was enough. Still though, he had to realize that a friend was a crutch of sorts. What wizards needed were trusted allies, not friends to share a laugh with. He would find direction and purpose, even if only in another mission Rayage had dragged him into. Fate had a way of jumping the wizards around to deal with important tasks. And hopefully this time there would be no giant sea creature to fight. It was a good thing the undead did not sleep, for the nightmares would surely haunt him each night.

"Yeah, of course, what do you expect? I have been leading us for years now. Why would I stop now? I am one who does not simply cast away my duties, so yes, I will lead us to Master Vick. And I don't know how close you two are, but Vick and I kind of have a special bond. See, I would not dream of leaving here without visiting him. And it would not be just to deliver him a paper either. He has something special of mine. Wears it at all times too. I am sure that just by the look on my face he will know I am to go, and he will plead I take him with me." The Reimancer smirked as he walked through the door and into the halls. The Nuit accompanying him had something in mind. Maybe a plot for the future, maybe something in the works now, but something. With as busy as he made himself seem in the past season, and even this one, this task was definitely important.

Something that would take priority over Alchemy must have deep hooks in his status in Sahova. Or perhaps further reaching consequences. What was it again the Alchemist was always talking about? The journey being as important as the conclusion, or something of that sort. So maybe it was double in itself. Bringing back success for reward, and finding reward in bringing success into existence. It sure sounded to Miro as if his partner enjoyed a good adventure, but maybe there was more to it than that. "It is a shame, really it is. The world often does not see things as you do. Truly, it is too young still. And perhaps so am I. Time will tell, Fate will guide, and the world will bear witness. Though I will say, you do have my curious on some things. Perhaps you wouldn't mind unveiling them for me." The duo turned yet another corner to walk down another hall. The L.I.A. was not far now. The lab in which Vick took so much pride. With any luck its owner was inside, perhaps not too busy as to be disturbed.

"What exactly is this task you have been assigned and dragged me into? You say we are leaving, and that Qiao assigned it. Perhaps it is in Sunberth? Or further? If it is seasons away, that is dangerous business, no doubt. We had better get proper compensation. Travel alone is a hassle, but if it requires you," Miro's voice trailed off for a moment, but quickly came back with vigor. "I may have yet more to complain about." He gave a quick laugh and let his voice boom with passion. "You always claim to be so important and busy. Gods only know what could require you to actually leave. Tell me all of the details, and why it is you are putting your work on hold? Explain what is in it for you, and what is in it for me. I have a feeling there will not be success without me."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on July 12th, 2013, 6:16 pm

”For years?” the nuit asked with a smile. The boy sure was cocky, but it was not blind arrogance. It was the arrogance that came with power, pure power, mastery of the elements. Not entirely a wizard condition, but common in wizards enough. Lesser mortals have been known for their fits too, but wizards it’s almost a themes. ”We’ve only just met last Summer.” Rayage reminded him. It might have felt like years to the boy, but he had plenty of ways to go before Ray would consider Miro leader full-time. The thought was almost laughable. She had way more life experience.

However, despite the words Rayage followed in her slow nuit pace out the door of the lab as she listened on the words of the other master. A special bond? What did she care about bonds? They could be easily broken after all. Or so she thought, unkowning of exactly the kind of bond which they shared. ”Master Vick was wise to have an ally like you.” Rayage commented dryly.

Walking still Rayage thought on the questions Miro asked in silence for a chime or two. She was just as perplexed to have to leave as well, but it was something which needed to be done. Her features crumpled and turned into a look at disgust as she digusted the fact that she was leaving her lab behind. ”I am the nuit with previous experience in the city of Ravok.” she stated, ”That is why I am going and was assigned this mission. However, I was not the best match even with my knowledge of the area. You know as well as I do that I am just about harmless without a lab.” she smiled a grim smile, ”Which is why Im allowed to take whoever I want along with.”

Her explaination was less than satisfactory, but she could see the logic in Qiaos thinking. ”There is a rogue wizard supposedly hiding in Ravok.” she tried to explain further, ”Goes by the name of Forus. Known magics are Magecraft, Voiding, Shielding, and Projection. This wizard stole an artifact from Sahova. We are to capture Forus, preferably alive, and retrieve the stolen artifact.”

”Miro, I no longer want to be the weak wizard, a normal person without a sufficient lab. I think you know this, and perhaps understand this feeling. I do not want to rely on you.” Trust is a thing easily broken. Especially among wizards.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on November 5th, 2013, 7:35 am

Miro had become annoyed with Rayage and his slow pacing. Everything from the way he presented information to the dragging of his feet. Always details, planning, preparation, and the torturous gradual execution. At least what he said contained some valuable information. At least the information was presented, and as exciting as it was, the Nuit dulled everything. Enough was enough, he was beyond restless.

"Okay, Rayage, I get it. I hear you, and I know what we must do. Follow my training for a little while longer and you will no longer need me. As for now just let me get Vick the letter you wrote, convince him to come with, and I'll carry the little bastard back here if I have to. Oh wait, we're not leaving today, I imagine. Still, I shall ensure that he is to depart with us. Letter, please, now." The wizard held his hand out impatiently before snatching the envelope carrying the carefully written letter. They were not long from Vick's lab now if one were to run. Luckily the golems were easy to maneuver around.

The Reimancer bolted away using the Flux to alternate enhancing the pathways in his legs with his arm. With each step the current flowed down to the tip of his toes, then back up, and then to the other leg. It threw his balance off slightly to have his good arm weakened to swing with his momentum, but he could deal with it. Anything to break the tension of moving far too slow. Running was always enjoyable in his undead body, never tiring even a bit. He only felt the rush of speed and using his body.

Several chimes later he arrived at the resident lab of Vick, and rapped at the door. "Vick, it's Miro, open the door. I have a gift, and an opportunity, and so much more. Hurry, it is urgent, and you know me, I can not wait." Though the request was not met with haste, and the Chained One was left to wonder if he had chosen a bad time. "Even Vick would not approve of that kind of arrival. You are far to hurried, and it is irking me. Calm yourself, for you are making me anxious. If by now he has yet to answer, he can not or does not want to. Let us leave, but do not return to Rayage."

Though where there was a suggestion from Ender, there was a retort from his blackened arm. "I am in no hurry to see you return to the shifty corpse either, but if it means teaching the Ice who is in charge, then I can not help but to encourage it. Though I fear he is right about Vick. The childish wizard is ignoring you for sport, to spite you. I do not trust him, for I can hear activity inside. Force yourself in, make your presence known. He owes it to you for all you have done." Though it was quite jaded, harsh, and obviously to prey on his insecurities, the undead bought in helplessly.

Miro gave a thrashing of a knock. "I am coming in!" He let the door open, then thrust it to fly ajar with his foot. A modest burst of Djed was redirected to cause a dramatic whoosh and slam of the wood. Indeed the child Nuit was inside, and seemingly without work. "Vick, a letter, take it. I am here, now give me your attention. We have much to discuss and it is possible we are without much time." He wanted to finish before Rayage arrived, so he would do all of the talking. "Read this, it should clear things up, but I have a request to present to you."

Vick looked both curious and annoyed, the perplexed and innocent look he gave creeped the Reimancer out. He watched the small hands take and open the letter, shifty eyes scan the page. "We are leaving, and though Rayage may not request it, I definitely do. Come with us, go to Ravok. It will be fun, I promise, but there is so much more we can do. I will teach you and Rayage both the ways of my magic, and with proper dedication you will become not only accomplished in world magic, but in the ways of personal magic as well. I have so much to offer you. Not to mention the favor we earn upon completing our task."

Though the tiny Nuit seemed distracted again. His eyes drifted as his gave a coy smirk. The pause held long enough to build anxiety in Miro's chest. "Well, what do you say, will you come with me?" The Nuit rolled his eyes and gave a contemplative hum, as if he might consider it. Whether he was teasing or not was impossible to tell. So the wizard would get desperate, use his magic. A suggestion, Hypnotism, it would convince him. The words spoken matched the pushed suggestion. "Your future is in Ravok. Rayage Miro and Vick, that is the way it is supposed to be. Do not be afraid to leave everything behind."

Though there was some doubt, the effect of the magic seemed to spark a response almost instantly. Vick giggled and narrowed his eyes, ready to give his answer. "No, I don't think so, I won't go." And rhythmically he began to chant the rhyme and clap his hands. Before long he was marching about saying it and laughing to himself. Almost as if he was completely ignoring Miro and making a spectacle to urge him away. It was quite insulting, though the Nuit had just ignored a forced intrusion into his lab. This was forgotten of course, and blame was put on the letter written.

The undead stormed out of the lab, not even saying his goodbyes. "Does it not startle you how often I am correct? You may think it to be a gift, but I can not help but to see it as my curse. Always able to see the correct way in things to be handled, how a fool's attempt will turn out, yet doomed to remain unable to change it. And now watch, the future holds you returning to Rayage, and disappointment to follow. All of my requests will be denied, and though I am ignored, I am not granted the peace and silence I need." It was an annoyance he did not wish to put up with, so at least Ender would be right on being ignored.

Miro would now run back on the path to Rayage's lab. Whether the Alchemist was going to or from his lab, the Reimancer would catch him on his path. Again the Flux was used, his arm donating its Djed to enhance the force of each step in his run. Each step in his stride appearing to be more a leap and less a step. Now he just had to be sure not to crash into his friend. Or any others in the halls for that matter. Everyone else on Sahova was so slow to react, and hardly used to anyone running. Haste was a foreign concept here. There was no rush for any of them, forgotten somehow in time. But never would the Chained One.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on November 18th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Rayage frowned at the impatience of the younger wizard. He was far too rushed and had yet grasped the concept of immortality, at least in Rayages point of view. Annoyed at the eager hand held out of the letter she gave it to him, albeit slowly. However, once the paper touched Miro’s hand the kid snagged it and he was off, leaving the older undead wizard in his wake.

Sighing the nuit shook her head at the sight of Miro running through the halls of Sahova. She then laughed a little picturing Miro carrying Vick over his shoulder towards them so that they can get off the isle and on with this adventure. It was a comical little daydream the nuit subjected herself to with plenty of the Master Maledictor kicking in protest and demanding to be put down and treated like a real master should. Miro, however, would be ignoring him like a dog only focused on retrieving the bone, and getting it back to his master so that he could throw it again for him.

The nuits pace slowed even more as she grew enthralled in the daydream, picturing herself patting Miro on the head for a job well done and rewarding him with some kind of treat. The whole thing was silly, but a lighter shadow now dwelled within the nuits heart. She felt that, for now, she could relax and focus on her studies, but thoughts of who or what Forus was crept into the momentary peace. They would be leaving soon, and there would not be the Sahovan kind of peace there. She reminded herself of that fact. Miro would most likely end up fighting the wizard Forus, and from what Qiao had told her so far about the wizard the fight wasn’t going to end well.

That darker shadow brought about a fire within Rayage, the desire to train and to get stronger. Not for herself and her own goals, but for Miro and the friends she had acquired throughout her travels, for Evalin. She would save them all with the light of the New Age she would bring about with the help of Sahova. This has to be the answer! Her Alchemy had to be answer, but she wasn’t foolish enough to believe it to be the only answer. She was indeed powerful beyond dreams with the magic of Alchemy, but she did not want to stop there. No, she didn’t want to stop until she could claim her own personal little vengeance against the chaotic and dark world of Mizahar. She reminded herself that there is darkness in everything and everyone, and that it is this darkness which needed to be reeducated and reintroduced into the world, molded by the light of knowledge and understanding not only of the world, but of magic itself.

She smiled to herself as she noticed that she had completely stopped walking. It was like she was waiting for Miro to return, but there was so much more on her mind than that. She was going to play a dangerous game, and Forus was only the first step in many. If they, together, can overtake the wizard then she would view this as a success and allow them, and her, to move on with the grander plan. She would subtly direct this change, while letting Miro think he is in charge because of the sheer amount of power he has. She was going to play a dangerous game, and one wrong move could claim her very life. She was not ready to go yet. No, not quite yet.

Miro eventually returned. Empty handed, the nuit observed. She could have guessed that even with her request and the quest Qiao has offered still was not enough to pry the boy from the Citadel. She frowned at this, she was hoping to continue their research on the road. However, she made note to bring Vick back any interesting remains they would find on the way. It would be both an act of kindness and one of friendship, letting the little wizard know that she supports whatever decision he makes. Another dangerous game, but Sahova was dangerous inherently.

Watching Miro and how subdued he was after having so much energy struck her. Her gaze never left that of the wizard, and she once again directed djed to her eyes, opening up Auristics, the sight beyond sight. Perhaps viewing the aura would shed a little more light on the matter than what Miro was willing to give up? It was worth a try and a little djed as well.

Staying silent herself she tried to act like she was ‘sympathizing’ with the wizard and his ‘defeat’ at the hands of Vick. As djed flowed into her and she cut away parts of her soul slowly as she focused the darkness which was Miro came back to her. The black but gold aura was still there, and seemingly unchanged. Though this was just on the surface, the image which always presented itself to Ray when viewing Miro, she knew she needed to go further, deeper, if just a little deeper to see what was under the surface.

Willing even more djed away as she focused on the aura of the boy the blacks turned darker and she thought she could see both smiles and frowns in that darkness, teeth of pure white appearing in there. Some were grimacing, some were happy, laughing, but others were sad. The images unnerved her as more and more ‘mouths’ opened up in the aura, and it made her draw back, both in djed usage and in the magic herself. As djed faded the aura got less and less defined, and faded back to only the golden darkness which it had started from.

”Miro…” she said, trying to comprehend the image shown to her, ”Vick is not coming?” she asked the question as to buy herself more time to idly listen while trying to understand the image. She couldn’t quite tell if the wizard was happy, sad, or had some other sort of cocky plan up his sleeve. She had some idea of how he deals with rejection, but more than anything his answer to this question will shed some light on the meaning of the images, of the faces present in the aura.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on November 19th, 2013, 10:14 am

Rayage questioned Miro on whether or not Vick was coming, though Miro hardly wanted to answer. He was working on a way to present things to the Nuit, though he was not entirely satisfied with how things had turned out. It was hard to get over his failure, as his mind tortured him at what he could have done otherwise. How easily he could have kidnapped the tiny Malediction wizard, or pushed Hypnotism further. It was not as if he hadn't considered it, though his respect for the child corpsed undead suppressed such forceful measures.

Though he was somewhat relieved as well, if only to have Rayage to himself. Vick would be missed, and a loss to their effort truly, though hardly a necessary part of their force. What truly stung was that the Reimancer had promised delivery and come back empty handed. It was not something he often allowed to happen. Even rarer was it for him to admit failure and give hint that he did not always get his way. Worse yet that his word was unreliable, to lessen the value of his claims. Such things would not do, so he would improvise a new truth.

The way to sell it properly would be that Vick was unnecessary, as it was true. That they were better off this way, and with further thought and consultation with the tiny Nuit it was a mutual decision. Although the note had been delivered as requested. "Vick is best left here in Sahova. He has many important projects that require his attention, and apparently is near some breakthrough. He was pleased to receive word from you, however disappointed to hear of my impending departure. After a short discussion we agreed his presence would only slow me and be a burden. And as dangerous as it sounded, he did not want me to have to have to choose saving his life over yours."

The Chained One gave a half shrug and walked past the Alchemist headed back towards his lab. "I told him I was capable of handling everything, and to that he agreed. He said that he would be there when I returned, and that would be his contribution. The incentive to return successful. Most of all he assured me that I was able to handle things, and that you were wise to come to me first." It caused a rise of excitement within him to lie. Such as deception was a form of dominance, and he was bragging of his power in doing so.

"It may just be worth it for me act friendly towards the corpse and tell him the truth of the venture. It may inspire some level of trust between us, which I can use, and also at the same time discredit you. I would be eager to see how that would play out. The Alchemist would belittle you and wear your confidence down to a pebble where once a boulder stood." Though such a threat was hardly amusing to Miro. It was a valid enough threat that he would even move to demean himself to the Irylid. A minor act of shame to attempt to keep the respect of his friend would be worth it.

"Ender please don't! I need Rayage to respect me so that I may manipulate him correctly. So that he continues to trust me with important matters such as this. To ensure that I am not thought down on and abandoned I need to maintain my image. I am begging you, please, don't do this to me. You'll have my thanks, a favor to be named at another time. Whatever it is, I will do it, I swear to you." Though all too late did the wizard realize that he had only pushed his Familiar further down the path. What once was only a teasing remark would now become a play at the Irylid's own domination. Truly he sought nothing more than to have Rayage abandon the Reimancer, and this was what was promised.

The grovelling was an added benefit. One that the Famiiar would remember well. It was easy enough to turn down the promise of a favor when he could obtain immediate satisfaction. The creature assumed its natural form and regained the ability to speak. "Ender, no, please don't!" The Irylid floated towards Rayage and began to speak in his otherwordly tone. "Rayage, might you care to know the truth? I know what really happened between Vick and Miro, and it is not what my master has sold to you." The malicious intent from Ender was as palpable to Miro as the wizard's dread was to the Familiar.

"Of course you want to know, so I shall do you the favor of enlightening you." He paused for a moment to see if his master would act, but nothing happened. The Reimancer wanted to make a move, considered Hypnotism, but knew all was for naught. He would instead prepare a way to reel from the heavy blow about to dealt to him and counter. "The fool runs off, then upon arrival begins pounding on the door. And after Vick ignores him, he forces his way in. That's right, his typical loud and flashy entrance. From there he interrupted the Nuit's work and acted obnoxious until he was evicted from the lab. The only truth was of your letter's delivery."

And though the undead could not blush, his shame would likely still be visible. If any where to examine his aura it would flare with shades to reveal a mix of anger and embarrassment in excess. It took everything he had to maintain composure and not lash out or flee. The darkness within him whispered of revenge, and he did not work to suppress such thoughts. Ender would pay for what he had done, somehow, in some way. The betrayal was not overlooked, though for now he wished to redirect the attention of his friend. Nervously Miro interjected to make an attempt to cut off Rayage before he could answer.

"So, I am sure you have more for us to do, so let us do that. If you have more preparation for me to assist with, I am more than willing. And of course I am capable as well. We may not have Vick, but you still have me. Besides, he was not a very good fit with a task such as this. The Malediction wizard would only tempt us to kill our target and make him into the artifact anyways!" The Chained One redirected his Djed to his voice and expanded his aura of influence to surround Rayage. He gave an unnaturally loud nervous laugh and began to transmit a sobering emotional response. Though perhaps just a bit of his will to be pitied slipped into the spells casting.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next