Closed Showing the goods (Evalin)

Xi finally get's eva to uphold her end of the bargain, and might actually convince her for further teaching.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Showing the goods (Evalin)

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 1:57 am

Xi felt a coldchill run down his spine as she circled behind him, what exactly was she after...Though he couldn't help but smirk at her words. Even as her hands and their strange feel moved over his shoulders. Every magic i know of I've been taught by a female...In some fashion or another..." Xi took a slow deep breath focusing his mind and curling his hands into tight fists. As for his promise she wouldn't make it....She had a fair point that few could be kept...Xi sighed and eventually his mind would deal with it...The blade in her hand caught the light slightly and he couldn't help but wonder what kind of "initiation" was going to take place. Xi took a slow breath and slowed down his thoughts, reigning them in so that he could at east get a hold of focusing on what she was saying. She had to rip a piece of himself from him in order to bring out his inner strength...What the heck? This was nothing like the other two magic's he had learned...Both merely consisted of manipulating the djed within himself that much he knew how to do. He might die and the process regardless was antagonizing...With her preparation there would be a greater chance of him living however...Could he still go through with it?

Xi slowed his breathing his heart beat slowly rising faster..."And what piece do you intend to remove? A piece of skin? You way i must be divided in order to learn how to use this art...As i've just stated i have some ability to control my own magics...I still wish to accept but i wish to know what exactly you plan to do first...I've seen other mages with this skill...And all f which were fully intact so if you try to say that i need to have something removed...I'm not exactly sure if your telling the truth there..." Xi held his sapphire hard blue eyed gaze at her red eyes. He was as resolute in this as she was. But he'd seen a few users of this magic before, and knew that they were all in once piece...Maybe not mentally but still in one piece.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Evalin on June 18th, 2013, 2:37 am

Evalin remained where she was, talking close to Ximal's ear, "I had hoped you would be different, one who would see outside the confines of your own mortality. It seems I was wrong." She giggled, if it could be called a 'giggle', "I shall not be tearing your flesh, rather I shall be tearing you... I shall rip your soul asunder, divide it with my power to force it into a new form, a new identity. I shall change your djed into the djed of a reimancer. Forget what you know of other magics, for they shall do you no good here."

She straightened, running the side of the knife over Ximal's shoulder, "Most die in the process, or go insane. The pain of feeling our soul ripped and shredded is... Indescribable. It is agony beyond any you have felt thus far. Far worse than pains of the mind or pains of the flesh. I can do nothing for the pain you shall suffer, however, I can prepare your body for the coming process. She slid the blade slowly down his back, then over to his other shoulder, "I can introduce your body to the feeling of this power, and prepare it for the changes. It shall ease the awakening of your power, if only slightly. You may still die of course, but is this prize not worth the risk?" She giggled again, licking her lips as she did so.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 3:03 am

See outside the confines of his own mortality ? Xi struggled with this, concept even as the slow whisper by his ear drew his attention, the next words put it all into clarity though. he would tear his soul...fracture it further in order to make him stronger. Xi took a slow breath and focused his thoughts she was tearing him to remake him. pulling him apart to build her how she wanted him...Or how he could be better...Xi then felt the cold pang of the steel pressing against the warm flesh of his shoulder...Then what did she need the knife for ? His other magics would do him no good, the power he was after was unlike them it seemed...Xi steadied his breath forcefully slowing his heart rate through concentration. The pain would be immense, the process could either kill him or sending into a spiral of never ending insanity...It would go beyond anything he'd felt that far...Xi swallowed as he felt the knife run over his back slowly and upto his other shoulder. He calmed his nerves but couldn't shake the feeling that she was going to get something out of this for herself.

"I've always taken pain...I'll go without the preparation...I've already walked the line between humanity and insanity...Magic is a dangerous weapon regardless of the type, the purpose it's put forth with is merely a different form of the same terrifying and awesome power...If i don't take the full brunt of the pain...I will never understand it's full capabilities..." That childish and somewhat scary giggle agian...Xi felt the muscles of his arms and the cords of tendons firm. He was ready to begin, physically...Mentally he wanted to know whether or not his will was strong enough. He had to have a strong will...or he would lose himself to the dark abyss that was his own power. "I'm ready..." His voice resolute he was ready for what would come...And what ever pain it may bring...

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 18th, 2013, 3:44 am

Evalin leaned down to whisper ever so softly in his ear, "As you wish..."

Evalin flipped the knife so that the blade touched skin, and without warning she carved a large circle into his flesh deep enough that blood began to flow. From the circle she carved 4 lines connecting at the center, the knife sharp enough that it glided through flesh as if it were butter. As she worked Evalin hummed softly to herself, a small smile fixed upon her lips. Once the circle was finished Evalin moved to just outside of it, creating a chain of characters, a series of X's and O's that encircled the design inside. Finally she cut a shape beneath the larger design, a flickering candle made with simple lines. Once the first side was done Evalin moved to the right shoulder, and created a mirror copy of the design there.

Once the work was finished Evalin stepped back, clapping her hands together as she pulled upon the power within her. It ebbed and flowed, a current of djed that pushed against her skin, pouring out or every pour until she was surrounded by a cloud of res twice her height and three times as tall. Whispering beneath her breath Evalin raised the knife, using it as a want to direct her power to spin and flow out until it surrounded both her and Ximal. She pressed her mind upon it, willed the res to form a ring around them and then...

"Hakin..." The res burst alight, surrounding Ximal and Evalin in heat and light. WIth a hiss Evalin willed the wall of fire to spin, to circle faster and faster until she raised the knife. The fire spiraled up, circling over head as Evalin placed her left hand on Ximal's back.

"Vaknui..." she whispered, "Randjaq."

The fire spiraled down once more, dividing itself into two even portions as it slammed into the carving on Ximal's back, flooding into the glyphs Evalin secretly created upon Ximal's own body. As the last of the flames vanished Evalin moved her hand to the left candle, "Drakna Un." and then the right, "Drakna Ea." sealing the spells and giving them their trigger words.

The process completed Evalin straightened, circling to stand before Ximal. She brought the knife before her lips and smiled, "Give me your hands." as she licked the blood from the blade.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 4:07 am

Xi gritted his teeth, and felt the knife slice into the skin on his back. the repeated cutting marring over and over again digging into the skin, he could feel bis back slowly bleeding. His fingers pressing tightly into his palms and his teeth pressing together ad the knife dug through his skin and carved into his back...And just when he thought the pain was over the second one began. The pain had stated over again but this wasn't exactly anything new to him. Xi Bore it the pain pulling out and dragging on he was almost certain that that wasn't that bad...Then a very familiar word came out..."Hakin" Xi felt the heat of the fire surrounding them burst into life. Xi felt her hand press onto his back and then watched the fire spiral around and divide into two separate portions and flow towards his back...Two new words followed after, vaknui and randjaq...Strange words...two more sets both similar but with a last words changes drakna un and en...What the heck..Was this part of it? Xi then heard eva's foot steps as she stepped around in-front of him...his back burned and not from the feeling of being cut. He didn't feel any more beads of warm liquid flowing down his back and as such he assumed she cauterized the wounds...Xi watched her moving in-front of him and lick the dagger free and clean of his blood.

"That tasty am i?" Xi spoke out again this time offering his hands towards her. "Alright, i take it that was only half of what i'm gonna have to go through...Or possibly less because that wasn't so bad..." Xi Braced himself for what was to come next.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 18th, 2013, 4:56 am

Without a word Evalin licked the blade clean, and then cut cleaning through each of Ximal's palm, leaving a deep horizontal wound on each before tossing the blade to the ground so that the blade pointed up. Then, looking at Ximal with cold eyes the smile slipped from her lips, her amused expression replaced by one that could have been sadness, or utter contempt. Evalin clapped her hands together once more and closed her eyes. She reached deep, deeper even than when she faced Ximal in combat. She pulled upon her soul, calling out from the depths of her being, extracting her power so that it poured out from her as res. She produced more res than before, enough to make the air shimmer with heat waves. Enough to almost distort the world around them. The gaseous res swirled slowly around them, hovering and slipping over them,through their hair like mist.

Evalin's eyes found Ximal's, and she tilted her head, "In truth child, I truly hope that you survive."

Then her eyes narrowed, and she thrust forward with one palm. The res whirled into a frenzy, whipping about them before all of it came crashing down on Ximal, filling into his open wounds, into his nose, into his mouth. His ears and the corners of his eyes as well were not spared. Any open wound was suddenly invaded by the res, and inside of him it raged. It tore against his being, slamming against his soul and fighting with Ximal's own djed for control. It gripped at Ximal, pulling, tearing, ripping. Forcing the djed to fracture, to break, to divide... To become res itself. That was what reimancy was. Striking off a portion of one's own soul, their djed, and making it into res which would then become a weapon which they could control.

The process would continue for several minutes, which surely would feel like hours. Then, finally, the res slowly began to trickle away, flowing out of the openings which they entered and dissipating into the air. Evalin stumbled back, balancing her hands on her knees as she looked at Ximal's unmoving body. Waiting to see if he had survived.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 5:26 am

Xi smirked watching eave before him the smile on his face never wavering. The blade bit into his hands, and then once eva cleaned it of his blood she tossed it aside so the point rose from the ground. Xi took a slow breath his back still burning and then before his eyes the air around him began to shake and waver. Xi watched around him slightly in awe of the events transpiring, he'd seen people shift from what ever into whatever he'd had fire tossed at him heck he'd seen a whole city bathed in darkness for three days..But this was...A mix between beautiful and creepy. Xi then heard eva's voice and snapped his eye's too them. His heart almost stopped as she spoke. She hoped he would survive. That was when his defence mechanism kicked in and his smile returned. "I'm a lot harder to kill than that...As you can attest. And once this is over...I'm going to find some way of relieving the stress." Xi smirked and then watched eva thrust her hand towards him and the swirling heat waves smashed into him. he felt like he was hit with an isurs hammer at every point of his body. He would have coughed and grunted in pain if he hadn't been winded inteh saem instant. Xi fell to the floor Face clutched in pain and his hands pressed together the cuts on his hands a chocolate treat in comparison to what he was feeling now.

His teeth gritted and his body burned it felt as if ivak himself had poured lava into his core. Stabbing pains of fire ran along his arms and legs right the way towards his heart the process made time feel as if every tick was a bell. Xui growled in pain grunting and coughing eventually he found enough of a concentration to fight the feeling but it was till there attacking every point tearing him apart from the inside. He found his voice for the briefest of flashes and spoke out his masque still heavily portraying a contrast to how he was feeling. "Eva...I swear...When i get out of this....When this is done...Or what the petch ever...I'm going to get drunk...And have one heck of a night..." Xi smirked through the pain his defence building up as he shook lightly on the ground the the dirt clinging to his sweat laced skin. His breathing was heavy and fast as if he'd just run a marathon. He held his teeth together tightly. The chimes past but to him it felt like days...The pain continued and kept roiling within him even as eva pulled her res out...his own internal djed system had been smashed and put back together in a different order...He breathed heavily on the ground now..Not moving...His breaths now light and shallow in contrast...He stayed as stiff as a corpse...

After another two chimes of silence and stillness Xi coughed and grunted...Pushing himself up on the heel of his hand. Coughing and heaving his breaths heavily he spoke. "Remind me again why i asked for this? I feel like I've just gone twelve rounds with gregor...Is my head supposed to be ringing like a bell ?" Jeez feels like I've drunk my weight in sunberthian ale and then some...And woken up on a bed of rusty nails and broken glass...With the worst hangover in the history of the world... Xi coughed and eventually pulled himself up to a kneeling position, glancing up at the doubled over Evalin..."I'm being honest...You look how i feel..." Xi couldn't help but laugh lightly at his piss poor joke holding himself steady barely able to move. "Let's...not do that again..." It's not that bad it only feels like my testicles were pulled out through my eye-sockets...whilst being injected with snake venom...Holy shyke that hurt...

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes