Closed Showing the goods (Evalin)

Xi finally get's eva to uphold her end of the bargain, and might actually convince her for further teaching.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Showing the goods (Evalin)

Postby Ximal on May 20th, 2013, 2:21 am

67th spring 513AV

Xi stepped out into the open eare outside of the city where he was planning on having his school built. Still technically in the northern quarter but a decent way west of the quarries, this was Xi's training area, the place which he viewed as the best place to train in. Quiet tranquillity. And he'd asked eva to meet him out here when she felt she was ready to hold up her end of the bargain. Xi took a deep breath and sat down on the solid dry ground folding his legs into a meditative positioning. Whist he wsa waiting for ehr he might as well have tried out controlling his flux a bit fuurtehr. The last time he attempted this sort of training was back in the spires and it had given him a hugely better understanding of the skill. Xi took a deep breath and let his flux flow through him, following down his body through his arms to his finger tips spiralling around bone and circulating muscle.His internal pattern of hiow his body operated appeared in his mind,, he was using his flux skill to map out how his body worked inside.

The slow rhythmic breathing of his long drawn out breaths allowing him to get afeel for how bis djed travelled around his lungs and he manipulated the djed there to just feel out around his chest locating his lungs his heart his spine, his ribs and then he let his djed settle back into it's normal pathways. Xi flexed his fingers slowly feeling the muscles in his arms move and looking at how they did it with his flux. Letting the feeling build up a pattern in his mind from the inside and the outside. Before long his meditation was interrupted by the light sound fo footy steps...Someone was coming.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Evalin on June 16th, 2013, 11:33 pm

That which I have decided shall be done Tsenrika... I shall give him what he wishes. Evalin had thought and pondered upon her decision for several days, eyes staring blankly into the darkness. She had moved little in that time, only standing when needed to prevent the stiffening of her joints. Many thoughts had past before her mind. Thoughts of the past, and thoughts of the future that was yet to come. She thought of what she wished, what she needed, and what she could never have... All came to circle about her until, at last, she had reached a decision.

As before I say to you, consider the dangers in such actions as these. Setting light a tree already soaked in fat shall be destructive to all, especially those who stand close to it.

Evalin nodded as she stepped across the plains, cloak billowing in the breeze as she lead with her staff, hood up, Certainly this is so, yet... One cannot set ablaze the world without setting alight a single tree. She smiled, And as you well know, I am not without my precautions.

As you say my Master... Though his tone was anything but reassured.

Evalin did not try to hide her presence, did not bother to quicken or slow her steps as she approached. Instead she called out, pushing back her hood and smiling a smile that could have been inviting, or hungry, "Well then child, have you grown weary of your Fast for Knowledge? I have for you mine answer to you, if you would have it." She stopped several feet away, leaning on her staff as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, the feminine gesture most likely lost on the child body that was beginning to show clear signs of rot on the neck and hands, "Do you STILL wish to walk the path of fire to obtain more power than you need?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 17th, 2013, 12:27 am

Xi snapped his eye's onto the small child that had almost roasted him like a joint of meat on a pyre. And listened to her speak, asking if he'd grown weary of wanting knowledge. She had an answer for him if he still wanted it. Xi kept his seated position before her looking her in the eyes his deep black blue ones glowing with a fire. The look of her pushing her hair behind her ear would have been almost feminine if not for the signs of necrosis beginning to seep into her skin. Did he still wish to walk the path of fire? Xi let his face level before replying to her. "You really have to ask? I choose this of my own volition, and every fire...Has a chance to create as well as decimate." Xi narrowed his eyes and focused them upon evalin. Xi then slowly took a deep breath asking. "So what is your answer? I await it." Xi held his gaze on her ready to use the djed sealed in his muscles if she chose to throw fire at him. Until then though he awaited her answer his eye's firm resolute and unyielding hin his will and determination.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 17th, 2013, 1:14 am

Evalin's smile widened, "Then listen closely child, for you shall require every word spoken if you are to claim this form me." She leaned forward ever so slightly, raising three fingers before her eyes, "You muse promise me three things, and you must accept them as they are. There shall be no haggling with these terms, for they may very well hold the keys to my life, as well as your own." She lowered two of her fingers, keeping one extended, "Before we begin you must promise me upon your most solemn oath that you shall never speak of how you came to gain this power. You shall never mention me, nor shall you reveal the secrets of this initiation to anyone." She raised her second finger, "You shall never teach any other the secrets I reveal to you, and you shall never allow any to study this art under you." She raised her third finger, "Finally, you shall acknowledge my authority while there is still more to teach, until I have fully acknowledged your skills with this art, and should I ever call upon you in a time of need you shall do as I ask without question."

Evalin turned her extended hand as if she were offering for Xim to accept it, "What I give comes with its price, and I am not foolish enough to say it shall be worth it. That is left for you to decide. Do you accept these conditions, and with them the power they bring?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 17th, 2013, 1:32 am

Xi watched eva before him listening to her and paying very close attention... He had to promise her three things. Xi listened closely and her terms seemed at least to him...Kind of shallow, like they almost bore no weight towards him. Xi by the end of it Xi was almost laughing at the simplicity of it all. The fact she thought these terms were steep was a something that made it clearly abundant that she didn't know how he thought things were going at least as far as he was concerned. "In order of your terms i shall point out how pointless they are even stating them. Firstly your rule that i must never speak of how i acquired this to anyone or initiate anyone into this myself. I never planned on that nor will i ever plan on it this is simply for my knowledge and my use alone. So those two conditions are moot points frivolous and there was no point even stating them." Xi smirked and then lifted his hands to fold across his chest. "The condition that you are in charge whilst you are teaching i adhere too, however i would add onto that and just state that whilst i acknowledge that you hold the experience i am not beneath you...That i will not abide by. And lastly. When it came down to it if you were ever in trouble and i could offer my help i would have anyway...I consider you a friend at least. After all i could have left you out in the middle of the nykan maze in your self induced mental issue. No instead i chose to carry you too the hostel and even spring for your room."

Xi then glared at her before speaking calmly but authoritatively. "Consider your conditions accepted...I asked for this...And all consequences of it be upon my head and of my own free will."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 17th, 2013, 1:41 am

He truly is a fool.

Evalin laughed inwardly, hardly able to contain the amusement to keep her features from shifting. Extending her hand forward ever so slightly she chuckled, "If all you say is true, then you shall have no trouble in accepting my hand and sealing our contract."

How I love the ignorant who tie 'themselves' up with their own free promises.

OOCSorry super short!!

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 17th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Xi unfolded his arms offering one of them to eva still wary of what she might do after all the last time he'd made an agreement with her she'd summoned beasts from another plane or world to fight him in her stead band because of that he'd found himself at the disadvantage of the magic he was now trying to acquire...Xi took a slow breath outstretching his hand towards her if she was going to mess him around again he'd flux his hand and punch clean through her...Even he could see that the necrosis of death was starting to creep into her. He didn't want nor need to know about what was happening with her...Instead Xi had contented himself with the knowledge he was going to attain a power strong enough to stop him...His own power was vastly self destructive...And as such he'd learned to deal with controlling powerful djed influences and at least learned some self control. If not...he'd have been dead long ago... "I want you to promise me something though. I just want the promise that you will not have me disregard my morals...And then we have an accord..."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 17th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Evalin stepped forward and grasped Ximal's hand, squeezing his overly large one with her own. Her flesh was strangely hard feeling, almost unforgiving in places and in others it felt as it it would give at any moment. There was a chill that came from touching her hand, a strange unease that could not be explained. Perhaps it came from being a nuit, or maybe a side effect of Uldr's mark.

Evalin leaned down further to look Ximal in the eye, "I warned you that there could be no alterations to our contract, and now it is sealed." She laughed and released his hand, reaching into the folds of her cloak pulling forth a small knife, the edge sharp and glimmering in the light, "Now then there are preparations to be made. Remove your shirt, and we shall begin."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 17th, 2013, 11:41 pm

The feel of the small childlike nuit's hand was strange it might have been something in his mind but he was unsure of what exactly he was doing to so, and something sat in the back of his mind sending a chill down his spine. Her words were true he'd agreed to the terms. "I agreed to the terms but that was not me altering them, that was me putting enough faith in you. That's all i ask it's not a term nor an alteration it is me asking you." He let got of the now somewhat cackling child's hand and watched her pull a knife from her cloak. He now felt very unsure of his situation he'd asked for this it was true but it was something that he didn't know whether or not he could do. Then he head that he had to remove his shirt. Xi sighed and pulled off his gauntlets before removing his shirt with a rather shirked and a sharp comment. "It never ceases to amaze me how every magic i learn from a female teacher entails me becoming fully or at least half naked..." Xi lifted his shirt off and placed it aside from him. His gauntlets atop the shirt...They held more import than the flimsy piece of cloth.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 18th, 2013, 12:01 am

Evalin laughed as she circled behind Ximal, running her fingers across his shoulders as she did, "You cannot blame the heart for what the heart wants, and you lead me to the wondering exactly how many women have taught you of magic?" She would pause behind him, trailing her hands over knotted muscles, more than a little impressed with their size and tone. If she still cared for such things Evalin might have found herself a bit taken aback by the shear manliness of his form, but as it was Evalin simply leaned closer to his ear, "Now then, as for promises... I make none to you for very few may be kept in this world. You may accept this, or you may not and forgo my power, if you so choose."

Evlain straightened, though at her current height she was only just taller than Ximal's head. The knife in her hand gleamed in the light as she reached around to show it before Ximal's face, leaning on his shoulders, "Before we begin your initiation your body must be prepared for the trials. For those who have no experience in these arts, the process will be painful. We must rip a piece of yourself free from the rest, divide you and bring out your inner strength. It is a painful process, agonizing in fact, and you may die before it is completed. With my preparations there is a greater chance of your survival, but even so... The chance is still there. Do you STILL wish to accept this?"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next