Joing as a child

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Joing as a child

Postby Alouette on June 1st, 2013, 6:33 pm

I want to join this roleplay forum as a young child. I was thinking about eight years old. Is that alright? How would I go about that? Is there some way I could play as an adopted child or any other way of creating a young child? If not, I am fine with being a young adult. Thank you kindly for any help! :)
Alouette
Player

Words: 126
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Human

Joing as a child

Postby Colt on June 1st, 2013, 8:56 pm

Hi there, and welcome to Mizahar!

You can be any age you want (unless you go beyond you're race's lifespan--i.e, a 200yo human would not be allowed.) I've seen people play young characters before, and those characters are just as compelling as older ones. There is no special character sheet or starting guide for making a young child--you use the same process and guidelines as you would to make an adult.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Joing as a child

Postby Evalin on June 2nd, 2013, 3:19 am

A very quick note though, Children often do not survive long on their own in Mizahar, and several cities require children players to live in the orphanages or adopted homes. PM the DS of your city and ask them what they recommend you do :).

P.S. Children also will not survive outside of a city, so often children PC's are stuck to a singular city throughout their gameplay, unless they find travel in a caravan or another form of large group :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Joing as a child

Postby Vick on June 2nd, 2013, 3:58 am

It can be done. Just need to think outside the box for a few things. Such as most people would not hire you for work in the sense of a normal day to day job but I can see someone hiring a kid for either part time runner, apprentices etc.

As for the home location, you can use a npc "parent" or some form of watcher that "owns" the home while you do what you want as long as you try to earn some form of income.

Or join with another player and don't worry about much.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Joing as a child

Postby Vick on June 2nd, 2013, 4:00 am

Also wanted to add another quick - Most child players I have seen don't last that long as they find they have to overcome a few barriers that others don't have to worry about. Just so you know ahead of time it might be a different type of roleplaying.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3