Completed [Sultros Blades] The One with the Ghost {Kouri}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sultros Blades] The One with the Ghost {Kouri}

Postby Hadyn Skellig on June 2nd, 2013, 2:28 am

2nd Day of Summer
9th Bell

Hadyn rubbed two fingers in a circular motion at her temple, hoping to massage the headache away as the door to the smithy shut. Sultros Blades had seen an influx of patrons this morning leaving the two smiths working the floor exhausted before the morning was fully ripe. A stream of commissions had just come in, barely giving Hadyn enough time to record them properly before the next one came up. A thin stack of parchment lay haphazardly on the counter. Glancing Cillian's way the brunette tossed him a tired grin which he belatedly returned before taking his leave.

Once he passed through the door into the smithy proper Hadyn made her way around the counter and began the process of tidying up. Stacking the sheaf of paper she heard the sound of a hammer monotonously working iron. Cillian was finally back where he ought to have been this whole time. Neither smith fancied the customer service part of the job, their passion for the craft centered around the actual process of weaponsmithing. But Cillian didn't have the best bedside manners and was interminably gruff with customers, especially in the morning. Hadyn at least made a go at civility under stress.

Brown eyes surveyed the shop as she made quick work of the counter space, wiping spilled ink and tossing the rag aside. Already the heat had her fatigued. It would be a long and sweltering summer it seemed.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on June 3rd, 2013, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 2nd, 2013, 4:37 am

Fubuki Kouri

"........" Kouri looked up to the sky... - scratch that - to the stone ceilings as she floated through the streets of the sun-less Fortress City. She heaved a rather tired sigh. This world... needs to change so much... She was feeling rather melancholic and philosophical today. She held a pouch of money in her tendril-slithered right hand.

"Big Sis? What's wrong?" A voice came from the even smaller girl than Kouri who had been holding Kouri's left hand with both of her hands. She clung to Kouri like bee to honey. Both of them was visibly translucent and phasing through people. Both of them were ghosts and their dresses contrasted greatly. Kouri wore white and the smaller girl wore black.

"Hmmm?" Kouri's expression quickly changed to that of happiness as she tilted her head down and to the side to look at the girl's beautiful violet eyes. "Oh, nothing, Rena... I'm just thinking that's all..." If one thing could instantly brighten Kouri's mood, it was the sound of her little sister's cute voice. Rena was like a new morality chain to Kouri, replacing Cyrus.

"What are you thinking about?" Rena cutely tilted her head to the side in curiosity, Rena's even more childish attitude reinforced the growing maturity inside Kouri. She could not afford to be childish when someone was looking up to her.

"Hmmm... lots of things, Rena. Anyway, we're here. The Sultros Blades..." Both of them stopped in front of the familiar smithy. The smithy where Kouri's favorite smith, Madame Hadyn, worked.

"Oh! U-uhm... we're going to m-meet Madame... Hadyn, right?" Rena was nervous and excited at the same time. She knew that her adoptive older sister would not bring her harm or take her to somewhere dangerous, but she was till anxious in meeting new people.

"Yes, now just follow me, and remember to politely introduce yourself, okay, Rena?"

"Un!" Rena nodded twice in rapid succession.

Inside the Sultros Blades

The noticeable drop in temperature could immediately be felt as the sister ghosts entered the smithy. However, one could sense that no ill intent came from both of them. Only a calm aura and an excited aura emanating from Kouri and Rena each.

"Good morning, Madame Hadyn! It's good to see you again!" Kouri greeted one of her closest friends and the person she looked up to. Kouri truly respected Hadyn's openness, bravery, and composed demeanor. She lifted the hem of her dress and curtsied to her. "Come Rena, you too~"

"U-uhm..." Rena released Kouri's hand and did the same thing her sister did. "M-my name i-is... R-rena, Madame Hadyin. An honor t-to meet you..." Though stuttering, she somewhat managed to did her introduction correctly. Rena then quickly took her position back at Kouri's side, holding her hand.

"Hehehe, Madame Hadyn. I'm here to buy more daggers from you. Four steel daggers and four cold iron daggers, can you get it done in two to three days, Madame? I'm sorry if I'm demanding a lot, but... hehe, I have my own reasons" Kouri then put the money pouch in front of her.

"Hmmm, how much would it cost, Madame?" She already have a gist of the prices, but she thought it was impolite to determine the price of the stuffs you're going to buy. It's the merchant's duty after all.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on June 2nd, 2013, 2:15 pm

The drop in temperature was a gods send and Hadyn barely considered the reason behind the change, instead closing her eyes as coolness swept across her skin. Opening them she was greeted with not one but two ghostly children staring at her. A smile lit her features as her gaze settled on Kouri, a familiar face from the season before. The brunette had become increasingly fond of the girl and was pleased to see her return. The smaller child beside her was a stranger but she was equally charming in her innocence.

"Good morning, Mistress Fubuki," Hadyn replied with a grin. "And Miss Rena. It's a pleasure."

The woman offered both a warm smile, her curiosity piqued. This was the first time Kouri had brought anyone with her to the shop, let alone another ghost. Sultros Blades was quickly becoming a hot spot for the undead. But as long as they acted with the decorum and civility of Kouri, Hadyn welcomed the change. Picking up a quill, the brunette dipped it in the ink as the older child issued an order.

"Eight gold for the steel daggers and twenty four gold for the cold steel which will bring you to a total of thirty two." Hadyn brown eyes rose to look at the ghost speculatively. It was beyond her what a ghost would need with so many weapons and she couldn't fathom how the child managed to pay but she never disappointed on that accord. With a raise quill she smiled again at the girls. "And two days will be just fine, Mistress."

Typically Hadyn would request three days but her fondness for Kouri increased each time the girl came into the shop. Two days would be no trouble. A quick glance to Rena produced a grin. The child was just as cute as Kouri in her mannerisms and somewhat more naive. It pained Hadyn to think these two lost their lives and it left her wondering. But it was certainly none of her business, especially within the confines of the shop.

"Anything else I can do for you two ladies this morning?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 2nd, 2013, 4:21 pm

Fubuki Kouri

OOCThis should be my last post the thread, Hadyn. :)

Thank you for the commission! :D

"Thirty two gold mizas coming up!" Two more tendrils then jutted out from Kouri's back, a total of three tendrils were handling the money pouch now; one was holding it, one was opening it up, and the third one was taking the money.

Kouri controlled her tendrils with much greater finesse than the last time she came into Hadyn's shop. I hope Madame Hadyn is impressed~ She silently hoped so. Kouri wanted to show off to Hadyn that she could operate more than one tendrils at the same time now, unlike last time.

"W-woaaah..." Rena gasped in awe at her older sister's tendril show. I-I wonder if I can do that too...

When the third tendril came out, it was holding all thirty two gold mizas in one large grab. She then bowed slightly while lifting her dress and made an elegant motion as the tendril neatly put all of the mizas on Hadyn's table.

"Here you go, Madame~ Thirty two gold mizas! And oh, in case you're wondering. I work at The Flower Stand now! Hehehe~ You know Madame Atta, right? I'm her flower girl!" Kouri just wanted to make sure Hadyn didn't think her as some kind of thief or something for having so much money. It was very unlikely Hadyn could possibly thought so, but Kouri wouldn't take her chances.

"U-uhm... B-big Sis... c-can I work too?" Rena timidly quipped and tugged on Kouri's hand.

"Hmmm... you need to train more on how to use your tendrils, Rena~ Then you can help me gather flowers!" Kouri looked down to her little sister and ruffled her hair. "Why are you so cuuuuuuute~♥ ?" Kouri got the sudden urge to pinch this adorable sister's cheeks, but she didn't actually do it.

"U-un! O-okay! I'll train hard!" Rena put one hand to her chest in confidence.

"Hehehe~ of course you will~ Now then..." Kouri then returned her attention to her favorite blacksmith. "We'll be leaving now, Madame Hadyn~ Thank you for finishing it in two days! Uhm... if it's too rushed, you can also finish it in three days or so... I'm not really insisting... but! I know you can do it!" Kouri had high expectations of Hadyn's craftsmanship and Hadyn had never disappointed her so far. Her crafted daggers are sharp, beautiful, and durable.

"Ehehe~ Bye bye, Madame Hadyn~" Rena waved her right hand to Hadyn then looked up to her sister as if silently expecting something.

"Alright then, Rena~ Remember what I taught you... can you do it?" Kouri turned her body so she was now facing Rena face-to-face. Then the ghostly sisters held each other's hands.

"Y-yes! I can!"

"Alright then... on the count of three, one... two.. three~!" And with that final count, both of them vanished from the Sultros Blades; blinking outside. Their high-pitched girlish giggle echoed for a second after their bodily form disappeared.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on June 3rd, 2013, 4:12 am

Hadyn gazed on as a tendril of ghostly film once again produced the Miza, two similar appendages appearing to assist. She had not a clue what the substance was or how Kouri managed to use it but it was clearly under her control. When the appropriate Miza were selected and deposited on the counter the brunette smiled. It was an impressive feat though she really had no grasp on what she'd witnessed.

The two girls conversed then, leaving Hadyn to stare as she collected the coins and deposited them. It was odd enough to have one specter but two was entirely strange. But Hadyn was happy to have Kouri and her friend's patronage. With a kind smile the woman nodded at elder ghost's final statement.

"I look forward to seein' you in two days," she replied graciously. Then, as quickly as they arrived, both girls disappeared - mist and all. Dark eyebrows shot up as Hadyn was left standing in an empty shop, the sound of laughter echoing beyond the wall. Shaking her head the woman dropped the quill and exhaled.

"Goodbye, ladies."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nightmare on May 20th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Hadyn :
Skills Amount
Cleaning +1
Organization +1
Negotiation +1
Mathematics +1
Observation +1

Lore
Rena: Ghost child
Kouri: Ghost child
Kouri: Works at the flowerstand
Business: Commission for Kouri (Four steel daggers, four cold iron daggers)

Loot
+32 GM

Kouri :
Skills Amount
N/A N/A

Lore
N/A

Loot
-32 GM

Additional Comments: Not much to give really. Enjoy your grades nonetheless!

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)