[Rearing Stallion] Good Company [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Tyuru on July 8th, 2010, 1:31 pm

OOC (Please read) :
TO NEWCOMERS: This is a continuation thread. The original thread can be found here, if you feel like reading it. If not, Nealle, Wystern, Aren and Tyuru have entered the Rearing Stallion after a fair walk and a good deal of soul-searching. Welcome!

To the threaders from Home of the Eypharian Woman: Thanks for coming back! I was worried! ^-^

12th Day of Summer, 510 AV

Tyuru gave a dramatic gasp as Aren struck the menacing pose. She knew she wouldn’t be able to defend herself against anything he did, but she wasn’t actually afraid of him. He just didn’t seem the type.

Her expression didn’t change as his hands touched her shoulders. She just gave him a deadpan look, the smile still threatening to break out from under it and shining in her eyes. “Trust me, Aren, I’m far too bitter for your taste.”

Tyuru’s mask broke and she let a small smile form on her lips as both Nealle and Aren questioned her sudden desire to leave. Sometimes it was good to know people wanted you around.

“Oh, alright, I’ll stay. But only because the current company is extremely charming. And because I wouldn’t want to insult a Knight,” she said, letting the smile grow wider and throwing Wystern a glance.

Tyuru looked for an empty table. There was an empty one in the corner and she gestured to it, unwilling to lead the way and make it seem like she had suddenly taken charge of the group. “Shall we?”

Ah, good company.
Last edited by Tyuru on July 21st, 2010, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru
...with so many things to be, who can decide?

Words: 49876
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

[Rearing Stallion] Good Company [Status Pending]

Postby Aren on July 10th, 2010, 11:47 am

OOC :
Well, Nealle probably wont be responding for a couple of days (look at her sig), but I think this is a good idea. I was wondering what was up with this thread too.

"Yes. Insulting knights is bad. They tend to have pointy swords and sour dispositions." Aren smiled as he purposely averted his gaze away from Wystern, attempting to look innocent. "Must be all those rules." The Akalak simply couldn't resist making light of the stuffy rigidness of the Syliran Knights. He imagined it must have been legendary the world over.

"Ah, the Rearing Stallion, den of... flavorless human drink." Aren had been here a couple times before, ordering a different drink on each occasion, and he had yet to find anything that tasted like it was worth the effort of downing. "But, let's order some anyway." He was going to keep trying anyway, though, because he was certain that, one day, he'd finally order something here that wouldn't make him feel sorry for the human race.

Today, Aren was planning on beginning another episode in the search for that faint flicker of hope. Today... he wasn't paying, and didn't really seemed to care that it was a little early in the day to get to start pounding back the intoxicants.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

[Rearing Stallion] Good Company [Status Pending]

Postby Nealle on July 13th, 2010, 3:42 am

[[OOC: Hey everyone, I apologize for not posting the continuation earlier, I had full intention to do so, but didn't want to with such busy weeks ahead of me. For now, I should have a fairly clear schedule to post often enough. Also, as for the status, it doesn't particularly matter to me. It can be open if you guys don't mind another face or two, or closed if you guys are satisfied with our numbers already. My vote is for it to be open, personally. Also, this post may be a bit short. I'm having a brain freeze.]]

Nealle followed behind Aren, only a few paces behind, which was about two steps for her compared to each single stride of his own. The six arms woman was quite silent as he listened to Aren and Tyuru bickering and teasing each other like children, it was a pleasing presence for her to be around. It had been a while since she had been able to just take her mind off of herself, which is something she did often with the extensive unconsumed time she held and not particularly a thing that brought pleasing nostalgia to her. The Eypharian, being blind, really had no choice in where they sat. Well, that wasn't particularly true, in fact, Nealle was almost certain that if she asked for a particular seat over another, all three of her companions would agree without hesitation. They were just so kind to her, she couldn't even really understand them.

Nealle turned her head to face Wystern and she smiled. "Wystern, what drives you to be a knight of Syliras? I assume there's more than money that keeps you doing your job."
Nealle
The Scarred Beauty

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2010, 3:58 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

[Rearing Stallion] Good Company [Open]

Postby Tressa on July 13th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Tressa swung the tavern door open with ease, entering in a way that seemed as if she'd forgotten to stop running when she reached the enterance. She was giggling loudly, like a child almost, consumed in her laughter. Not seeming to notice, or rather care about the eyes shifting towards her it took her a moment to regain her composure. "Oh" She managed to say, breathing heavily in attempt to regain her breath. She brought one pale, slender hand to her mouth, she could feel the heat from her skin. Her lips were drawn into a wide smile, making her cheeks appear even more flushed against her almost too white teeth. Long pale blonde hair was strewn loosly about her shoulders and back and her plain, black, sleeveless, knee length cloth dress was sparingly covered in loose blades of grass. She had obviously drawn unwanted attention and the uneasiness of being stared at settled over her. She was aware of her intrudance and the scene she had made. A small group of people stood only a few feet from her and she suddenly regretted running into the tavern. Unsure if she wanted to sit or slink off into the shadows she just stood there. She felt foolish, it wasn't like her to act in childish manners, but the situation had called for it.
Last edited by Tressa on July 20th, 2010, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And we danced to the sound of a dying race, around and around beneath a burning sky"
Tressa
The devil's Temptress

Words: 71503
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

[Rearing Stallion] Good Company [Open]

Postby Tyuru on July 20th, 2010, 3:38 pm

“Er, alright,” Tyuru said uncertainly. She began leading the party toward an empty table in the corner near what seemed to be a back door. Undoubtedly it led to the kitchen and there was most likely an exit to the outside from there, but then again Tyuru had never been here before and she really wasn’t sure it was an exit at all. It wasn’t like Tyuru was a fugitive, or extremely dangerous, but she was clumsy and prone to trying [and failing] to steal things. Sometimes, if she knocked over the right objects or bumped into the right people, she could provoke the wrong reaction entirely and she might have to make a break for it if it came to that.

Just as she was about to take her third step, a girl with very light hair burst through the door. Tyuru noted that the girl was very pretty and had strange eyes. Then she was surprised at herself: normally she didn’t notice anything about anybody, seeing as she was too busy thinking about her own problems. Huh.

Tyuru also noticed that people were staring at the girl. She knew how it felt to be stared at, especially when you didn’t really need the attention. Thinking fast, she walked forward to the girl and said brightly, “There you are! We were waiting for you. It’s a good thing you ran, we were about to start the meeting without you.” She tried to convey in her smile that the girl should play along. People’s attention began diverting again and soon the chatter swelled up into the pleasant buzz it had been before. Obviously nobody was curious as to why a pretty girl with strange eyes had burst through the door, giggling and covered in grass, if she was here for something as boring as a meeting.

“I’m curious to know why you’re covered in grass,” Tyuru grinned at the girl, extending a hand. “It’s good to know that somebody occasionally does something vaguely exciting around here.” Glancing over a shoulder, she added, “No offense to any of you, of course. You’re all terribly exciting.”
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru

Character sheet

Postby Wystern on July 22nd, 2010, 9:51 am

[[OOC: Sorry guys, I've been busy for the last three or so-ish weeks. No time to post, no time to do anything other than working on my papers for the upcoming college semester.ooc]]

"Yes. Insulting knights is bad. They tend to have pointy swords and sour dispositions."

"And you are blue. Would you like another round of pointing out the obvious?" Wys said with a grin, throwing a glance at Aren's inquisitive look. Wys then walked in the door following the Akalak into the tavern. He rubbed his eyes, trying to look like he did not just say that, yet the smile gave it all away.

"Wystern, what drives you to be a knight of Syliras? I assume there's more than money that keeps you doing your job."

That one got him by surprise. Wys was definitely not about to drop the "I care about the people line". He may be an excellent liar, but getting away with something that corny is a feat that even an expert in the field can't easily accomplish. Maybe tell the truth? The truth was that they pay and perks are what kept him lately. What's not to like? There's free food, free drinks, free living, weapons, excellent pay. The Order has been supporting the Knights from the point they got knighted and would for as long as they were in service. And there was a reason, a good one at that, why. Strategically placing every Knight's residence in the city to where they could be instantly called to service should the need arise, was a wonderful idea, that caused Wys a lot of sleepless nights. Damn bureaucrats.

"I just like this job. All I have ever been taught is how to be a soldier, and this is just how I live." Wys said, looking away from Nealle's eyes. It wasn't exactly a lie, but it was half-way dodging the question. He never thought that someone's being blind would be a good way to say something he didn't quite feel like, or should tell anyway.

He took his chair, and that's when Tressa, covered in grass appeared inside the building, and Tyuru mad a comment about excitement. "You know, I don't think I can even bring myself to care anymore," Wys mumbled to himself. Still, Tyuru did ask those wonderfully obvious questions that the Knight had conflicted desire of either knowing the answer or just leaving it as another one of life's secrets.
Last edited by Wystern on July 26th, 2010, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nealle on July 23rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

Needless to say, the blind Nealle did not exactly see the dramatic entrance of Tressa, but the simple sound of laughter was enough to bring a smile onto the Eypharian's face. Nealle didn't know what to do, whether to greet the woman that nearly blew straight into the tavern and bulldozing 'who-knows-how-many' people in her giggling tantrum, or to let her be. However, Tyuru made up her mind for Nealle by being first to step up and not only greet, but act like she was with them.

Nealle didn't really catch on immediately, first she assumed that, maybe, Tyuru and Tressa really did know each other and had originally planned to meet, but that didn't really make too much sense considering her reluctance to accept Wystern's invitation earlier, so that idea was shot. What was left was a feigned acquaintance with the laughing one. Nealle could not understand as to what the reason for such deceit was necessary, but the six armed Eypharian also didn't comprehend the judging stares of those around them. Nealle didn't see the men seeing Tressa as one thing, probably mistaking her situation, but judging none-the-less.

Nealle moved to place herself next to Wystern, she was curious, again, about this man. His answer to her question was vague, it pretty much avoided the question itself while not completely straying from it. She assumed, like she herself would have done, he was trying to keep some story hidden. Maybe he was ashamed to tell, opposed to Nealle's emotional distress and fear of recollected feelings. "I hope you enjoy your life, Wystern." Nealle smiled faintly, but she couldn't get the idea out of her head that it was just the wrong thing to say. He avoided the question, he probably didn't want to talk about it.

"So, Soothing Waters you said? What's it like there?"
Nealle
The Scarred Beauty

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2010, 3:58 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Aren on July 25th, 2010, 3:45 am

"I, for one, like the boring moments." Aren's life was far too exciting sometimes, and he knew that you had to sit back and enjoy those times everything was peaceful, because they were going to end sooner or later.

"Do you know what I would do to them?" His mind was suddenly pierced by a repugnant sensation as this errant thought was forced into the forefront of his consciousness. "All too well," he promptly replied. It was at this moment that Seros had chosen to say something, and the timing wasn't without meaning. It was his way of reminding Aren that he could never truly have peace, because should his focus ever falter, even for a moment, the monster inside of him could be loosed.

The usually talkative and energetic Akalak was suddenly quiet now, and he took his seat at the table without any further speech. His other personality had quite the malicious timing, and the bastard knew it. In fact, he delighted in fouling Aren's mood at any available opportunity; it was almost like his hobby, and he had gotten quite good at it over the decades.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Tressa on July 25th, 2010, 11:29 pm

“There you are! We were waiting for you. It’s a good thing you ran, we were about to start the meeting without you.”

Tressa stared somewhat dumbfounded at the red haired woman that had spoken to her. It took a moment for her to realize what was going on and she smiled. “Sorry I was so slow, but I’m sure my entrance won’t be one to be forgotten anytime soon.” With the passing of her words she stepped forward towards the group, playing her part, not wanting the woman to appear foolish. It took only seconds for her to note the diversity of the group, surely it wouldn’t be hard to somewhat fit in. “I’m curious to know why you’re covered in grass, It’s good to know that somebody occasionally does something vaguely exciting around here.” Tressa’s smile widened at the comment, her confined giggles threatening to break through their barrier again.

She looked to the other females outstretched hand, not sure if she should take it, or if was meant as a formal greeting. She wasn’t so good with human mannerisms, so she just stepped forward, taking it as an invitation. “Well, you see I was walking here with another and I said something and it turned into a rather exhilarating game of tag, in which I got tagged, or, better, tackled. Resulting in the grass on my clothing.” She said fully aware of how silly she sounded, but it was the truth. “No offense to any of you, of course. You’re all terribly exciting.” The woman spoke again and Tressa found it best not to comment on this statement, it wasn’t directed at her. She knew the act hadn’t fooled the group, but it had at least fooled the onlookers.

The other’s glanced her way seeming to notice her but made no comments about her attendance. Except for the Eypharian woman who Tressa noticed took longer to notice her presence and didn’t focus on where she stood. The knight, Wys, seemed to be in a less than sociable mood or agitated at best, either way she ignored it. "I for one like the boring moments" The Akalak however caught her attention her gaze settling on him. She could sense something about him, something not to be trusted and he seemed lost in thought. Her eyes left him to settle on the red haired woman whose name she didn’t know. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I only came to revoke my invitation, it seems something has come up, thank you though.” Her thanks was for the woman saving her from the humiliation, but she was she already knew that. With that statement she turned and not as quickly exited as she had entered. In truth she had only entered the tavern for a break and a chance to catch her breath.

((Ooc: This is where I take my leave, too much going on in life to keep up with so many threads and I would hate for my absence to stall the progression of yours.))
"And we danced to the sound of a dying race, around and around beneath a burning sky"
Tressa
The devil's Temptress

Words: 71503
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tyuru on July 26th, 2010, 3:06 pm

As the pretty girl with the strange eyes left, Tyuru thought she heard Aren say something, and it chilled her. Her clairvoyant senses weren't quite tuned, but she didn't miss the look the strange girl had given Aren, and she was afraid of him for an instant in that feral part of the brain that controls the instinct of fight and flight. But her conscious mind only registered a slight feeling of unease which she attributed to worrying about how she was going to pay for this meal, and promptly dismissed the notion that any of the present company had caused her to want to bolt like a startled doe.

She sat herself beside Aren, worried about his silence. Unsure if it was a personal issue, she decided not to mention it, but gave him a reassuring kind of smile. Tyuru was surprised at herself for being even vaguely aware that something was wrong, and for having enough tact not to say anything.

"Are you two going to sit down or not? We can't order anything until you join us, you know," Tyuru teased, grinning toward Nealle and Wystern. It seems her day's worth of tact had been used up; obviously she didn't realise that they had been having a conversation of deep meaning.
Tyuru

Character sheet

Next