If The River Fell [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

If The River Fell [Open]

Postby Vith on September 27th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Seeing as the konti had gone away, Vith had no reason to look after her, and thus he turned his attention to the Ethaefal.
The man seemed restless, almost nervous as he moved around, shrugged, waved his hand in front of his face and scratched himself.
Perhaps he was bored, something Vith could easily imagine, or maybe he was hiding something.
The thought of being a nuisance had returned to Vith. He did not wish to waste neither his own or the Ethaefal's time, but absent-minded as the creature seemed, he still asked Vith questions, he was still showing interest.

Vith inhaled slightly harder and braced himself.
He still found it hard to speak, mostly due to nervousness, but he did not want to mumble too bad any more, after all, if the creature could get lost on purpose, then maybe it could also become un-lost on it's own.
"I..." Vith began but stopped himself suddenly.

An unpleasant thought had just made it's way into his mind. Something about the Ethaefal's behaviour had triggered a paranoid way of thinking and suddenly it became all too clear what he was planning.

Surely the Ethaefal was here to kidnap Vith. IT was painfully obvious by the way he looked around and had those nervous ticks, surely he was looking for those who were supposed to help him, surely he checked to see if it was safe to lead Vith away, Surely this was one of the first times he had kidnapped someone as he was way to obvious in the way he acted.

Vith could easily figure out the scenario. The kidnappers had sent this beautiful creature to entice and tempt him, the Ethaefal was here to bait him into coming along, only to lead him astray where his henchmen waited with rope and sack.
Chills ran down Vith's spine and he absentmindedly rubbed his wrists where heavy iron had left it's mark.
He could not believe he had been so blind to this obvious plan. Clearly someone had spotted him and wanted to repeat his painful past, and Vith was sure he could not bear to lose his freedom.

"It may be rusted, but it cuts as clear as ever" Vith suddenly stated and looked at the Ethaefal with caution in his eyes.
Although he was now sure of the creatures plans, he was still not sure how to get away, and until he could figure out a plan he would try to play along without causing suspicion.
Vith
Player

Words: 26583
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

If The River Fell [Open]

Postby Orion on September 28th, 2010, 9:57 am

This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.

Sudden changes were recognizable on Vith, he started shaking a bit, and what appeared to be sweat was pouring down the part of him that was turned to Orion. Maybe, just maybe it`s all cause of those wet clothes, but still Vith did get kinda jumpy all of a sudden and at every single movement of the Ethaefal he shivered or moved to the side giving himself distance. Quite entertained, the horned figure responded to Vith`s last comment with a provocation: "Cuts clear? I sincerely doubt it, i really do" a playful smirk became very much appaerant on Orion`s face as those words flew out. Te creature in front of him was afraid, intimidated even, having no idea how did he get such an effect Orion brought his hand up quickly, causing Vith to nudge a bit before just scratching the back of his head, both confused and entertained. Whatever confused and silly plan or fear this creature had in his mind, the Ethaefal was ready to follow it, it was quite a boring day after all, apart from several facts that is.

So the creature was intimidated, why not play along those lines... least work, most fun. The thoughts of all this being a prank or a smart way to rob someone were long gone from his head as the Charoda was seriously scared. "I never quite got to intimidate someone before" having fun with this thought, he started moving closer to Vith, keeping his eyes locked onto his, just to be sure to dodge anything Vith might do out of fear. Maybe just maybe, it was him who should act first now and intimidate this curious stranger enough to get him running away... nah... too much work, not enough fun. Besides, it`s not like he was good at intimidation so it would be quite exauhsting. He never understood people who were afraid of appearances, as he himself could not be scared by simple looks alone... but not all people are one and the same.

Shifting the scales of fun versus work he finally found a deed that was both fun and sort of painless. Speaking up in a lyrical tone of Vani he quickly said: "Be scared or whatever" and so he awaited for the nudging creature to react, as he was sure that the Charoda would get it as a threat since he did not understand it at all.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

If The River Fell [Open]

Postby Baku on December 27th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Vith: +4 Observation, +3 Rhetoric,

Lore: Finding Beauty in Riverfall but Hating Riverfall’s Design, The River and Waterfall are Easier on the Ears Than Riverfall Citizens, Prioritizing: Need to See a Weaponsmith, Admiration Of Akalak Discipline, Not Wanting to Disturb the Akalak Workers, Getting Bumped Into, Finding Awe in Ethaelfal: Oooo, so Pretty, Apologizing for Being Bumped Into, Philosophy Over Ethaelfal and Their Arrivial in the Lands, Distraction in Maintaining Appearance, Finding Awe in Konti: Ooo, so Pretty, Simple Introductions, Finding Annoyance in Being Cut Off, Stating One’s Purposes, Paranoia Springing From Ethaelfal Awe, Unpleasant Memories of Being Captured, Veiled Warnings

Orion: +4 Observation, +3 Rhetoric,

Lore: Getting Lost in Riverfall, Learning to Enjoy the Heat in Small Ways, Bumping Into Fish People, Apologizing For Bumping into Fish People, Curiosity of the Charoda, Gracious Manners, Initiating Introductions, Fascination in Watching Someone Depart, Further Curiosity in Charoda, Getting Lost on Purpose: It’s Not the Destination It’s the Journey, Seeing Changes in Personality, Intimidating Someone is Too Much Work, Cryptic Message

Kavala: +2 Observation, +1 Conversation,

Lore: Daily Projects, New Firsts in Riverfall, Taking Time Out of the Day to Help Newcomers, Awkward Introductions, Prioritizing Time: I’m Busy so Crap or Get off the Pot,

Additional Notes: Well, I’ve certainly seen first meetings go much smoother in RP, but then again, I’ve seen them much more chaotic as well. The interaction between Orion and Vith was almost like the shy fan boy meeting the star quarterback, and then becoming sort of bitter when the Quarterback wasn’t meeting expectations, with Kavala being the school rep who didn't get to show the Freshman around campus and suddenly going, “what-evah”. Could have been interesting to see where it all lead. :D

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous