Completed Push Me Down, I'll Knock You Out [Rodywyn || The Pit]

Training spar against Rodywyn.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Push Me Down, I'll Knock You Out [Rodywyn || The Pit]

Postby Septimus on June 13th, 2013, 4:30 am

2nd day of Summer, 513AV
It had been good to get back into this sweat hole again. My time in Riverfall had come and gone and I was ready to get back to the Knights even though my own had disappeared. No clue or even an idea. But, oh well. A whole season had gone by and I was just getting back to the basics. From what I had overheard, it hadn't been too swell in the slightest. Exactly the sort of thing I needed to return as a squire, I suppose.

Now would be the time to prove myself and get back into the swing of things but not before I got my skills up. No way in the void was I taking that shyke on headfirst. Gone were the days I overestimated myself. It was better to underestimate yourself rather than give yourself false limits on something you couldn't do right now anyways.

Of course, this wasn't coming from some pessimistic side of me! Just being a realist here. What kind of Squire would I had been then? If it was anything that Xalet and Xuphim had taught me, it was hope in Priskil's name. Heck, it was probably the most powerful thing, even outrunning raw speed.

That's what brought me here. The Pit was a location that I had yet to acquaint myself with. However, I was sure that this would definitely not be the last time I would be here. It would become a powerful tool to use in my training. Besides the own protection of Syliras, my training was what I was devoting most of my time to. Eating properly, working properly, and breeding my body's pure strength, speed, and skill. Hopefully, if my workouts proved as vigorous as my attitude, then I would be ripped in no time and would be ready to lend my possible abilities over at any point.

I wasn't wearing my full uniform of armor as I would be baking in this sun. And with time, I would grow used to the heat of course, but as for right now, forget it. I still appeared professional and my muscles were by far bigger than any other female's I had spotted upon my arrival. Even for some of the males and with that, a smile crept on my face. Not only was it honor and valor for me, but it was a pride kind of thing. I had noticed that it had started to develop recently. Whether it was a bad thing or not, only time would tell.

As I approached the entrance of The Pit, my six foot and a half foot tall yet stocky frame ran straight into another being who was quite shorter than me. To be able to look at his face I had to look down. But I had to look down at people all the time so he wasn't quite different. He had dark brown hair with worn ringlets in it. My sapphire eyes looked down on him with a warmish smile and I nodded "My apologies, friend. It appears as though I've grown quite unaware of my surroundings as of late. Septimus, Squire. And who might you be?"
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rodywyn on June 13th, 2013, 6:09 am

The city was hot, the dog days of summer would soon be upon the city, and it seemed that the whole city was intent in stewing in its own sweat, and filth. Rodywyn sighed, he still had to come to the city more than hed like, getting various supplies, and gear, and repairs, and clothes. So much he needed the city for, and each time if felt like it would smother him, and bury him in its bowels, choking him until the sun burned out. He pushed these thoughts out of his head. No reason to let being stuck in the city ruin his mood, he was after all a knight, and this was a great city, even if it seemed like one big oven, baking the 50 thousand people in a large, stone hearth.

Rodywyn still seemed to stew in the heat, his thoughts elsewhere, in the bronze woods, along the deer runs, and the creeks, and the quiet, the quiet he dearly loved. He didn’t notice he had neared the fighting pit, built on the grounds of an old factory of some kind. Rodywyn strained to remember, but it was a new addition to the city. He hadn’t come here before, many other knights seemed to avoid the place, but it was too late to turn now, his curiosity had the best of him.

He watched the fights for some time, most of them were desperate brawls, nasty, violent, quick. The weapons seemed to be real as well, it proved for interesting combat, and even more interesting reactions. He hoped there was a surgeon nearby for the fools. He hadn’t noticed the giant of a woman enter the ring, and the shock of being bumped by her made him grip for the longsword that dangled on his hip. He quickly relaxed his grip, what a foolish move, he thought.

The woman quickly introduced herself, a squire, that was a nice change, it had been too long since he spoke to any squires. “I am Rodywyn, Orange Company.” He shortened the normal formal greeting, as he remembered that he often would stop paying attention as older knights would prattle on and on about which wing they were in. The knight extended his hand… upwards towards the woman.

”What brings you to the pit? he asked, sincerely interested, he wondered what sort of non sense squires would get into these days.
Rodywyn
Player

Words: 15319
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 2:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Septimus on June 13th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Putting his hand out, Septimus shook it with her rough yet still feminine-looking ones. As he explained his position, she nodded with eyebrows raised. Perhaps he was here himself to spar with someone. Either that or just watching spars. Septimus had overheard two men talking about the place. One of them had been arguing that it was a good addition and the other had been arguing that it should have just stayed a dump and watching the spars were useless. Either way, it had sparked her interest.

"Nice to meet you."

As he asked what she was doing here, she chuckled. "Why else would I be here? Certainly not to stand around and watch, that's one thing." I laughed then hit his arm with my elbow. "Figured I could get some training in. From what I've heard lately, I might could use it." Septimus sighed with a smile on her face then watched as one of the Weaponmasters came over to her and him.

"You two sparring or watching?"

Septimus raised an eyebrow then smiled "I came to spar." She then looked at Rodywyn beside her, her eyebrow still raised. She had no idea what she was getting herself into, but hoped it was for the best. Afterall, if she didn't like it, she wouldn't be forced to return. If she did, she knew she had a place to return.

Remembering older spars, she was going over her mistakes as she waited and going over things she had been told was good. She could fix her mistakes and amplify the good moves made to make her more successful in the end. Not only that, but she could also get a chance to learn from other's mistakes as well as their own good maneuvers. They could learn from hers.

"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rodywyn on June 13th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Rodywyn looked at the woman, she was eager to train, no reason to turn her down, not like he had any other plans during his rotation to the city. It would be a boring 5 days if he couldn’t even muster the gall to train with a squire, besides, it might turn out to be fun, and meeting a new sparring partner might allow him to enjoy his stay in the city that much more enjoyable. He nodded his head.

”I’ll spar, I don’t have any other plans.” He walked to the weapon rack, a myriad of weapons were on display, of various quality, age, and build. It was a motley assortment, none of them were very good. He gingerly picked up an iron long sword, it was scarred, dinged, and filthy, it felt like it would fall apart any second. With a look of disgust on his face, he held the sword out, his arm nearly straight, testing the balance and weight. The sword felt like a one armed blind man banged this sword out of a plow, a plow that had been rusting in the sun for a decade. And, it was the best long sword on the rack.

He smiled then, hopped over the wall, it was a shame he didn’t have his beautiful steel long sword, but, this was just for fun, and his sword was too sharp to spar with. He looked to the woman, Septimus, and he nodded. ”I’m ready when you are.”
Rodywyn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on June 13th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Septimus watched as Rodywyn went to the weapons rack and of course, she followed suit. She dropped her own broadsword and shield near it for those were not something to be sparring with. Especially when one of your own was the one you were sparring with. She then walked over to the rack and oh how disappointed she was to find how banged up they were. Nothing like what she had seen in Riverfall. Either way, it was a simple weapon. It wasn't like she would be using it forever. Just for now. She grabbed the 'broadsword' and examined it. It was in the same build as hers but just a tad lighter.

Septimus tried to find a shield like hers but was without luck. She had to choose the next thing closest to it which was dinged up, much like the sword itself. However, she grasped the handle on the back without any complaints and stayed to her optimistic self. After all, she was getting free training in.

Leaping over the wall much like her fellow Knight had done, she followed him to the place where he stood and put a reasonable amount of distance between them so she could get into her position. With that, she put down her weapons then rolled her neck, popping it twice. She stretched her arms by putting one on top of the other and pulling. She then put them behind her neck and pulled her elbows, stretching those muscles out too. She continued to stretch her body. One wrong move on an unprepared body meant that it could hurt heself in the end.

Once at that point, she got into a stance she was most accustomed to; the Triangle Stance. She positioned her head in the correct way then gave a nod signifying she was ready. With that, she took several steps forward rapidly, and with her shield, prepared to ram into him.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rodywyn on June 14th, 2013, 4:29 am

Rodywyn bowed briefly, then entered the fools ward, it was a favorite of his, it seemed open, it was easy to keep, and it hosted a large amount of options. Now only if he could use them, as he did in mist fights, he focused on his opponents aura, he saw confidence, tinged with optimism, it was very refreshing, he nearly forgot that she was about to run him down with her shield. He wasn’t a fighter, but he did enjoy this.

With her running at him, he couldn’t simply side step, she had longer reach, and most likely could move faster too. He waited until she was close, then stepped to the right, and with his left hand pushed her in the same direction she was heading, hoping to cause stumbling. He took a step back, and entered the plough ward.
Rodywyn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on June 14th, 2013, 7:41 pm

As she charged, she noticed he was failing to move out of the way. Septimus knew it had to be a feint attack. Either that or he was just flat out crazy if he was looking to be rammed head on by a shield. Much like a deadly dance, she charged by and then he pushed her in the same direction. However, all in one motion, Septimus used that momentum to dig her foot in the dirt and propel herself right back at him, hoping to at least gain a hit.

She got back in her stance, actually hoping to make some contact with sword on sword. However, unarmed combat could always take charge at any moment if need be.

Septimus got back into her triangle stance, fixing her footing almost instinctively. She angled both her broadsword and shield in their appropriate positions then waited for him to come at her, all the while staying focused and watching his every move. Watch his every move, Septimus.

She soon realized her breathing and heart rate was beginning to speed up. She could not afford to lose any extra energy with that. She had to keep her cool and take calm and deep breaths. It was something she was still attempting to master as it had been brought to her attention not to long ago by Razkar.

Luckily, it was later on in the afternoon and the sun was beginning to sink. The rays were not beating upon them but that was something she was going to have to get used to as well.
"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Radiant on July 29th, 2013, 4:10 am

Septimus :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Weapon: Broadsword +1 XP
Weapon: Shield +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Training in the Fighter's Pit
Bumping into Rodywyn
Rodywyn: Syliran Squire
Sparring with Rodywyn

Loots

Rodywyn :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Hot summer days
Septimus: Giant female squire
Sparring with Septimus

Loots

Notes :
So... I take it Rodywyn went AWOL? *Sigh* Oh well...

I personally like that first-person bit there, Septimus. :) But I'm sure it's discouraged in Mizahar... good thing it's only one post, eh?

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)