The Gypsy Caravan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Nakuli on June 14th, 2013, 2:57 am

"I left my shelter to a stranger in the falling rain, call it quits you're in the midst of all your longest days, this is a place and I am fortunate to call it home, if it gets darker it gets harder when you're all alone"
Watch it Burn by Katastro

Hello and welcome! All your graphical needs for the pleasant traveler. My name is Monica, and I hope I can shed some inspiration along your way. I've been on and off photoshop for about a year now, and I've become pretty comfortable with the works of it. More than happy to create lovely graphics for your delight. If you have certain questions and want to understand my flow of things, please ask away! I definitely encourage all you other artists and will do what I can to help out.

I will be making avatars, signatures and box codes. Banners and other ideas can be discussed as well. I'm up for any thoughts, just explain what you're looking for. But before I start on any graphics, I'd like to set out a few rules.

▸ Mizahar Terms of Use still applies.

▸ Please keep all your requests within the thread. Any personal questions or concerns you are welcome to PM me with, otherwise I'd hate to have my inbox swamped with requests that I can surely keep up with here.

▸ Please make your requests with the form. That is why it is there, and I won't take the orders in any other way. You are free to add extra ideas and references TO the form, but don't chop it in half and make it confusing for me.

▸ Patience is always key, my darlings. I will be online as much as I can, but tread lightly on me as I do have other things going outside of Mizahar. My graphics thread, or "shop" as I like to call it, will be run by a queue of 6. This is first come first serve, and no I will not hold your request form for the next pick up calling. Any requests after the closed queue will subsided due to the fact that have enough on my plate as is. But you are completely welcome to post the form again once the queue is cleared or a spot is open for grabs.

▸Do not steal someone else's work that I did not make for you. If you would like something for yourself, please post a request form. Otherwise, there is no reason for you to sport someone else's graphics when they don't pertain to you or your character(s) in any way.

▸ Lastly, credit. Credit, credit, credit. I know there's no place on our profiles to state such a thing. And you could just use a link back to here, or just simply state in the signature who created the artwork. But at points that becomes tacky, and not many enjoy it. I don't blame you. But please, if a friend asks you, "Oh what lovely work, where'd you get it?" spread the word around, send them this way ;) but by all means do not claim the work as your own. I take pride and good time out to create these graphics for you to use, do not lie and say you've made the graphics by your own hand. That's not nice at all.

This form will be your best friend. The more filled into it, the better I'll be able to comprehend what you have in mind and will spark up your graphics at ease. Keep in mind though, that my art comes out in ways compared to my mood. If I just don't feel for what you are asking for, I'll take it into my own mindset pull things through differently. All the same you will get your graphics, but just know I have a right to play with the work as I see fit for show.
-----------------------------------------------

▸ What is it you are looking for?: (Avatar, signature, boxcode or a set of all three!)

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?: (Simple yes or no. Only specified for boxcodes)

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?: (Only if you are sure of yourself. Be it the boxcode, avatar, or signature, let me know. If you don't know, leave as n/a and i well keep to my standards)

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age:

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?: (If you're wanting a couple's art, companions etc. please type all the names down. If you want the last names too or nicknames instead, please note)

▸ Any other text you would like?: (This can be quotes, lyrics to a song, your characters on witty saying. Whatever you heart desires)

▸ Character's personality/style: (This will help me feel the round about of what I'm working on)

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me: (The name of the model you are using is fine, anime I can try to work with as well, name the characters here. I will look for the photos myself, unless you have certain images at hand that you would like to use. Link them here. Be sure the photos are of good quality. If the images are too small, blotchy or obviously already edited by someone else, I will not use them)

▸ Color scheme/mood: (whatever feel you have for the idea in your head, please tell me. If you're not sure on colors no worries, I will do what i do. If you can't make up your mind, but know what you don't like you can put that here as well)

▸ Any other notes taken: (Whatever else you'd like me to know. Even if it's just love note ;) It's always nice to hear)

Code: Select all
▸ What is it you are looking for?:

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?:

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?:

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age:

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?:

▸ Any other text you would like?:

▸ Character's personality/style:

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me:

▸ Color scheme/mood:

▸ Any other notes taken:
Last edited by Nakuli on June 16th, 2013, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nakuli
Player

Words: 13613
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2013, 10:01 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Examples

Postby Nakuli on June 14th, 2013, 2:59 am

A placeholder for my examples of work. Will be filled in with due time.
Nakuli
Player

Character sheet

Progression

Postby Nakuli on June 14th, 2013, 3:04 am

1▸Myya (set)
2▸Na'Tala (sig and Ava)
3▸Reine (boxcode and sig)
3/6 spots still open

Jesslyn (set)
Mihiya (set)
Samantha (set)
Last edited by Nakuli on June 20th, 2013, 4:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Nakuli
Player

Character sheet

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on June 15th, 2013, 7:57 pm

▸ What is it you are looking for?: A set of all three, thank you ma'am

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?: Only if its works with the boxcode or if the quote would look better there or the quote at top and the image at the bottom, all up to you

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?: Well for the ava of course the 200x200, the signature cannot be over the rules, and the boxcode... well 600 wide is max for me personally because anything bigger has to have the side scroll and I hate that.

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age: Vantha, Female, 20

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?: Jesslyn

▸ Any other text you would like?: For the sig, I would love to have a signature with the quote i already have there but on an image. That way it's not taking up more space. I refuse the loose that quote so even if you make a sig. with out it, the quote will remain.

For the boxcode if you could do something like, "They are dull because you are dull." Or " Even if I could see, you surely would turn me blind again." or possibly, "There is no cure for my blindness nor for your ignorance."

▸ Character's personality/style: During the Summer Jesslyn is slowly rotting away and just not having a good time. I am having her go through a rough time of lonely hours and many hours of painting. Right now she is loosing the will to live and is slowly rotting away. It also shows in her paintings

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me: Lais Ribeiro is the model and try to get the ones where she has long hair or even the ones where she has straight hair (one of them is my desktop background right now) If you need to see examples of pictures that im talking about look in my signature for direct links to items created for me. (i have many as I love to have tuns of Boxcodes and things to use for this lovley creature)

▸ Color scheme/mood: Depressed and I like dark greys, midnight blues, umm a lot of colors just no white or BRIGHT greens and other BRIGHT colors.

▸ Any other notes taken: During this season her eye's will not be the usual dull purple, they will be a dull blank grey so if you make a set of items for Summer her eyes should be dull blank and grey. Thknx and I can't wait to see what you pull out of your bag! If you could find an image of a girl with long dark hair sitting with her head between her legs or on her knees while sitting on a chair or sitting on the floor or a bed that would be great! or a picture from the back of some one with long dark painting that would be nice!

I can't wait to see what you throw at me and how it will fit in with the Summer Jesslyn!
Jesslyn Skyglow
Remember the good times, and never forget.

Words: 127365
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2013, 4:00 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Pick Up!

Postby Nakuli on June 16th, 2013, 3:59 am

Jesslyn! here you are

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

[style=width:590px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #0d0b13; background-color: #0d0b13; margin:auto; color:#3b3b3b][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21340[/img]

[indent][googlefont=Tahoma]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/googlefont][/indent]
[img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21341[/img][/style]

Image Image

The quote for your signature was pretty big :|
I hope you like! Need anything fixed, let me know.

Is open
Nakuli
Player

Character sheet

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 16th, 2013, 5:03 pm

▸ What is it you are looking for?: Set of all three!

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?: If this means like a picture at the bottom or something, yes.

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?: n/a

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age: Mixed Blood (Chaktawe x Drykas), Female, 16

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?: Mihiya Darkmane

▸ Any other text you would like?: "We are strong/but we don't belong/born in this world as it all falls apart"

▸ Character's personality/style: Very outgoing and social, but also has some confusion on her identity as well as a wandering spirit, someone who longs to travel to discover more about herself.

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me: Alisha Boe, but if you could maybe make her hair black and her skin a touch darker, that would be great. Her skin tone is almost right, but it could be darker. Also, pictures of her when she is very young would not be good choices, pick ones that she looks older in, perhaps pensive.

▸ Color scheme/mood: Try and capture the idea of conflict, perhaps. She wants to leave, but as a Drykas she knows she should remain loyal to her people and stay in their time of need.

▸ Any other notes taken: ummm...have fun! Thank you :)

Art by Nakuli! Thanks :)
Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Words: 61580
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Samantha Grenth on June 18th, 2013, 4:57 am

▸ What is it you are looking for?: A ava and sig definitely, boxcode is if you're up for it.

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?: if you make it look good

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?: Up to standard please (max)

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age: Kelvic (tigress)/ female / 6

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?: Samantha or Sammy

▸ Any other text you would like?: On her sig if it could say something sassy like, "Just Peachy" or " Wanna Bite?" "I Don't Clean Under My Nails." or my favorite, " I'm The Monster In The Shadows."

▸ Character's personality/style: She is a threat and she used that to her advantage. She also has the ego the size of china but the temper that snaps like a rubberband

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me: Nelly Furtado try to get ones that show her with narrowed eyes or showing off her bone structure also dont use the images with straight hair or bangs

▸ Color scheme/mood: Ava; I like black and white with her eye color showing (yellow/gold on the outside and blue/green on the inside)

Sig: I would love if you did something that was a tiger snarling or growling or showing its teeth. Umm harsh oranges and blacks dark blues are nice

BC: Dangerous, menacing, seductive. She is a threat but she plays with you. Makes you think there is hope before crushing it.

▸ Any other notes taken: I love what you've done so far but dont have what you did for Jesslyn where you had doubled her image... it just looks weird and wouldn't fit for Sammy.
Samantha Grenth
Won't be home till night of 7/14!

Words: 82789
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2012, 6:13 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Nakuli on June 18th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Alright, I have you both on my progression post. Hopefully I'll have these up today :)
Nakuli
Player

Character sheet

Pick Up!

Postby Nakuli on June 18th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Mihiya! For you

[style=width:590px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-color: #b3b3b2; margin:auto; color:#000000][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21415[/img]

[indent][font=Tahoma]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/font][/indent]
[img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21414[/img][/style]

Image Image

And Samantha!

[style=width:590px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-color: #000000; margin:auto; color:#ffffff][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21430[/img]

[indent][font=Tahoma]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/font][/indent]
[img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=21423[/img][/style]

The first two match with the photo shoot I had picked for this set. The last one is something different.
Image Image Image

I hope these work out for you both! Need anything fixed, let me know.
Is open
Nakuli
Player

Character sheet

The Gypsy Caravan

Postby Myya on June 19th, 2013, 9:19 pm

▸ What is it you are looking for?: Set

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Would you like a footer to your boxcode?: If you can make it look like wings

▸ [ADDITIONAL] Specific sizes?: Max for everything (BX is 600wide)

▸ Character(s) race/gender/age: Kelvic (Roufus Humming bird, she has a slight green tint to her chest and other feathers) / Female/ 1yr

▸ What is the name of the character(s)?: Myya

▸ Any other text you would like?: No text on the Ava, her name on the BX, and I can't really think of a quote for her sig.

▸ Character's personality/style: She loves to play game and in the modern world of earth we would call her the party animal. So just someone who loves to mess around and have fun. Everything is all about her.

▸ Character's portray model/photo choices you have for me: Alyssa Miller
Specifically pictures like these (you dont have to use those ones btw and they could be colored.):
Dis one
dis one
The one on the left

▸ Color scheme/mood: I like Pink, oranges, yellows, light blues, ocean greens, sea colors, jungle colors, and umm Riverfall colors.

▸ Any other notes taken: if you look at my Ava and you look at her eyes color... try and have it like that. Its a beautiful blue color and make sure the blacks of her eyes are especially dark.
Last edited by Myya on June 25th, 2013, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myya
Won't be home till night of 7/14!

Words: 8115
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:06 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next