Completed See With Your Thoughts And With Your Joy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

See With Your Thoughts And With Your Joy

Postby Eida on June 17th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Summer 4th, AV 513

She was running away from Riverfall again. The Sun was coming up and Leth was going down. She was away from the city finally. Her form changed again. Her celestial beauty has disappeared and her spidery look form has come. She was slowing down. She couldn't run that much. She was walking on the grass. Even she left her cloak behind now at the city. She stopped and kneeled down. She was weak. The distance was good enough for her now. Eida lied down on the grass, on the ground. They were cold at first but Syna warmed them up. It was warm and Eida wanted to lie on it forever. The Sun started to "roast" her too but she didn't care. It was even better than staying at the city of Riverfall. She had enough now. She was too tired of this. She started to feel anger and hatred. They hate her for being somebody. Her emotions were crazy. She felt as if her blood was boiling, while her skin was set alight by the Sun.

She couldn't find any inn where they would truly accept her. She was a symenestra, a 'monster' in their eyes. But she wasn't. And she couldn't tell them or show them. Even her mark didn't help. Why? Her father marked her for a reason but she didn't remember that now. Anger truly overcame her mind now. She kneeled up from the ground.
"Syna... you show them my symenestra form. And you show them their true nature.... Father... I can't believe... Do I really have to help them? Is this my fate?"She was mad. And she became hungry. She didn't eat a lot for a while now. She felt that in her fangs the venom was there. She needed to find something to eat.

She didn't control herself. She let her symenestra self control her. She was walking around searching for a little food. No luck. She was not familiar with the place. She liked it but she couldn't find anything there. She was wandering around and absolutely nothing. But then she heard a weird voice. Hiss... Hiss.. A snake? Eida didn't see clearly she covered her eyes from the Sun. It helped a little but she still just heard it. Then she felt something was coming up on her legs. It was there a snake!

Eida freaked out and was scared she fell down and started to shake off it. It didn't work. The snake was twisted there. It was coming closer to Eida's head. It started to make bite toward her face. Eida was using her hands to make it stop. Then the snake was good enough and it bit her hand. Now another pain. Physically now. Eida couldn't take it anymore. She saw her blood was coming out. Attack. She used her claws on it and succesfully removed it from her. She didn't even know what was she doing. The potent of her venom was increasing. She grabbed the snake and with her fangs she pierced its skin and let the venom out. After it she dropped it on the ground. Eida just could seen now how beautiful skin it had. However her claws' 'marks' were there and they damaged its skin. Now it was suffering as the venom started to make the inner parts into liquid.
Last edited by Eida on June 22nd, 2013, 2:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

See With Your Thoughts With And Your Joy

Postby Eida on June 17th, 2013, 5:27 pm

She was insane or just hungry or just angry. She didn't know either. She let her beastial form control. She became her true nature for the first time. She took the snake with her as she was waiting while the process will be over. She went down to the Bluevein River. As she was walking she was thinking what was she doing. She couldn't see clearly. Like her mind was blind from the Sun too. She arrived and she looked around. Eida saw nothing and she sat down. The Snake's eyes melted even a bit. She felt maybe it was ready now. She couldn't wait she was too hungry.

With her claws she openned the skin where it was damaged. She could remove the skin easily as the inner part became liquid. She raised it to her mouth. She closed her eyes she didn't want to watch she bit it again and started to suck it out. Blood and meat. She has never eaten that before in her ethaefal life. It was unusual couldn't decide if she actually enjoys it. There were some solid parts still but she could easily chew it now. She was eating it like she never got food before. She sucked it out until nothing remained. It was completely dry... However her mouth was bloody a bit, her hands too. She throw the skin away next to her. Every anger disappeared. She calmed down. She took deep breath she couldn't think at anything.

"I ... Did I just..?"BEfore she couldn't even notice what she has done she felt sleepy. She lied down to the hot ground again. Her eyes slowly closed. The wind chilled her a bit. She took a nap. She really needed it.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eida on June 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm

She slowly started to open her eyes. The sun didn't go down fully yet. She sat up and tried to wake her mind up. Was she dreaming that? Did she really kill something? She really did. She looked at her right and the corpse was there. The bugs were there also they were cleaning it. Life cycle. She looked at her bloody hands. Even her mark was bloody."The prey became the predator... the weak fell the strong won..."She started to understand how stupid she was before when she tried to save a little calf from the night lions. Yes maybe she felt sorry but it was unneccesary. That's the cold truth.

There is balance and there is a cycle. Leth came up. Syna disappeared. Her form changed to her ethaefal form again. Her mind was messy before now Leth's light cleared it. She looked at her hands again. She started to freak out. Immedietly went down to the river closer and she saw her bloody mouth. Her breath became faster, her heart beat was so rapid too. She couldn't recgnoize herself. It was too scary. She looked up at the Moon and then back again to the river. She started to clean her hands first. Then her face. The blood wasn't there anymore. Gasp.

HEr breath was slower and slower. Her anger, her emotions, her hunger, her life. Her duty! She destroyed something when she didn't want ever hurt any creature. Like everything in her life became nothing. She looked at her mark. She became what they told her she was. But she didn't feel bad now... She had actually joy. Was she enjoying that hunt? No. But she remembered now. Leth had a dark form too. He didn't show it so often but he had. She had it too. They were truly imperfect. She started to smile. She could see clearly now with her thoughts. And the joy was in her heart.

She understood her earthbound form. She was what she was in her new life or in her previous life. That's her nature she can't deny it. Now she was different she still held it a bit. But there was something else...
"I'm not here to complete your favors here right, Leth? You only marked me to not forget my ways. You protect me this way and I can use your help... You sent me here for other reason... I have much to learn and have to find out why am I here. Right, my father?"

She didn't use her mark to talk with Leth. She knew that the God was listening to her. She gave out her anger. She wasn't annoyed now. She had to realize. She is not the person who will bring hope into other's life with her light. She was a fallen star. No she had a lover and the nature they were living in. This is very she was belong too. She was happy. Riverfallians didn't accept her but Leth did. Syna showed true forms of other always and Leth showed the truth of the mind. Eida stood up and looked down to the snake's skin. They bugs were still working on it. Althought not much remained from it by now.

"Thank you! I know where I belong now with my lover. This place... it always gave me food, safety... And it taught me everything. Nature is always at my side."
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Magpie on June 22nd, 2013, 8:55 pm

e
Eida :
XP:
Hunting +1
Observation +2

Lores:
No Breaks for a Symenestra
Letting the Beast Take Control
All are Imperfect
Your God Loves You, No Matter the Form

Notes :
Very interesting read...but if I may make a stylistic suggestion? The use of many, short sentences is very disconcerting to read, and many writers do choose to take advantage of that fact to convey a feeling of urgency or anxiety. However, reading so much in this style, such as in this thread, becomes difficult. What I'm saying is, to have a more natural style, try combining several of these sentences into fewer, longer ones at a time. I know this doesn't have anything to with Eida as a character, but I feel we're all here to grow as writers as well, and this would really help your writing style.

Overall, very nice read, and some good development for Eida as a character as well. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Eida in and around the city.

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)