Completed A New Home, A New Family, A New Start

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A New Home, A New Family, A New Start

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 19th, 2013, 8:26 am

Day 23, Winter 502 AV

"Noooooooo!, i didn't do it, stopppp!" Kaizar shouted as he lay in bed, he woke up, sweating and realized he just had a nightmare.
Duke, who was currently sitting and drinking ale in the dining room in the first floor heard the scream. He grabbed his greataxe which was resting in the table near him. He quickly sprint and run to the second floor, and hearing the shout comes from the little boy's room, he quickly ran and barge down the door while brandishing his greataxe.

Kaizar who was just shocked from his nightmare was even shocked to see somebody wielding a greataxe and breaking down his door.

Duke said "What happened? did somebody came in here?"
Kaizar was shocked, he answered "N..Noo, i.i..i was just having a bad..dream."

"Damn brat, you don't have to shout that loud", The house was suddenly alive because of this little commotion, the guards in the front door quickly lock the door. The other residents came out of their room, with puzzled,shocked face.
Leonhearth quickly run to Kaizar's room. He saw Kaizar there sitting in the bed while still wrap in blankets and with a very terrified look, and looking out of the window is Duke, holding his favorite greataxe.

"Duke!, explain what happen!", Duke replied "The brat was just scared, he was having a nightmare.", then he turn around to leave the room and murmur to himself "Damn, what a waste of good ale. Brats."

Leonhearth looked at the child and try to comfort him. Kaizar felt safe. He squeez back into his warm bed and sleep.

"Kaizar, don't be scared, you have us, your family to guard you. Rest well, tommorrow we will start training you to become the succesor of the Hearthglen House."

Kaizar nodded, he feels strange, a feeling that is new to him. This is what it means to have a family
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Words: 14614
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2013, 10:53 pm
Race: Human

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 19th, 2013, 10:17 am

Day 24, Winter 502 AV

The birds where chirping loudly,singing their melodious songs. The sun rays enterd the room from the open window.

"Hoaammm, that was a good sleep." I arouse from my bed and begin to sit in the bed. I survey the room, the mess is still there, while there are two helpers who is cleaning the mess, i was amazed, the door looked like a big piece of wood that have been torn apart into many tiny pieces. Surely it looks like the work of an animal, not a human or human that have incredible strength.

"What happend to the door?" Kaizar asked.

The helper stop cleaning, and looking at me amazed, she replied "You don't remember anything at all?"
"No he replied. I only remembered i have a bad dream, then something went crashing through the door and then father came."

Just as they where talking, Duke pass in front of the room. He stopped and look at the little boy seating in the bed.
"Hey brat, you have a good sleep?"
"Yes"Kaizar Replied.
"Brat, can you handle a sword? or a shield?
"Sw..sword an...and shi..eld?"A confuse look was shown in the little boy's face. Hardly except for a knife, he haven't hold a sword, especially a shield.
"Why should i know that? I don't need weapons, i have my family to protect me!", Duke motioned for the servants to leave the room.
He walk slowly toward the windows. While looking out to the streets below, he said "Brat, look out there, it looks beautiful right?", Kaizar nodded.
"But that's different during war. I remember that time, the first time i pick up a weapon and the first time i killed someone." He paused a bit. Looking lost in thought.
"You know kid, human are not immortal, we cannot live forever. At one moment in your life all you love will had pass away or either unable to move. At that time, you cannot depend on someone to protect you. You have to learn how to defend yourself. Not only defending yourself but also defending the weak and the poor, defending those who are treated unjust, defending those that cannot even give you anything, maybe just with a simple 'thank you', defending what you know is right, defending this beautiful place that you called home, defending the sweet smile in a child's face, and defending the happiness of their mother. In life it's not always people defending us, it's suppouse us defending them". That is the right path.
Kaizar was lost in thought, he shed a tear or two, he remembered his childhood.
Duke said "But to be able to achieve that, you must train, train hard, and so may that skill be a blooming flower someday. And one more thing, use what you have learn, to help people."
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 19th, 2013, 11:02 am

Day 24, Winter 502 AV

Late afternoon

"Kaizar!!, Kaizar!!!" Leonhearth shouted. "Where is that kid?"He thought to himself.

Then he heard it, the sound of people practicing in the courtyard in the back of the house. At first he hesitate to check it out. But then he decided to see the training, he thought to himself "Maybe Kaizar is there".
The courtyard is a pretty big garden, with trimmed grass, and well kept flowers and plants. There is a water fountain in the middle of the courtyard. The servants usually sit there and socialize with each other. On the upper left part of the courtyard is the stable. The House's stallions is kept there, mighty war horse, and also horses used to travel on a diplomatic meeting, Near the stable is a royal carriage, used by the family on business occasions. In front of the stables to the upper right part of the courtyard is the barracks. The place where soldiers of the House lives in. The barracks is a two story building, with 20 beds in total, a quite rather nice place to sleep after a long day of work. In the lower left of the courtyard is the armory and blacksmith. The place is always filled with laughter of the blacksmiths and also the sound of steel being hammered and shaped into whatever shape the smith wants to.
Near to the fountain in the center of the court, just several meters away from the back door of the estate, is the place where soldiers train. They train by sparring with one another.
As Leonhearth procceed out of the back door, he saw Duke is sparring with one of his men. The picture is just a usual. The blacksmith is hammering away in his little factory, The servants are sitting around in the fountain while watching the men spar, several of the servants were brushing and cleaning the horses, some where fixing it, several servants just arrive back from the market.
Leonhearth started looking for Kaizar. He looked around. He spotted Kaizar sitting in the grass with several soldiers while watching the spar.
Leonhearth quickly called Kaizar in, he also called Duke in.
Duke and Kaizar went in, while the rest of the people continue their activities.
After entering they followed Leonhearth to the living room, the first area you would encounter when entering the house.
Leonhearth seat at a nearby couch. Duke followed, and Kaizar followed too from behind.
"We are waiting for a very special guest."Leonhearth exclaimed.
The front door open and there standing in the front door was the lady of the house herself and behind her is a young boy. A boy who look a bit older than Kaizar and also with a quite better body build than Kaizar.

"My dear, you have return. What good news did you bring to us?" Leonhearth said while hugging his wife.

"Aye my dear. While i was looking at the local orphange, this little lad caught my attention."
Leonhearth patted the boy in the head and said "Little boy tell me your name"
The boy replied "My name is Cliff, Vancliff"
"Wow, such a strong aura" Leonhearth replied.
"Well Van or Cliff, i would like to welcome you to the House of Hearthglen,we are your new family. I am Leonhearth leader of the House Hearthglen. And you have met my wife, Monique the lady of House Hearthglen, and here, your sibling Kaizar, and the one beside him is my second in command,Duke."

"Well, welcome brother"Kaizar said, while stretching out his hand. "Yes younger brother" Cliff replied, while shaking his new brother's hand.
The dinner bell rang and they all headed toward the dining room.
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 20th, 2013, 2:39 am

Day 24, Winter 502 AV

Evening

The mood in the dining room looks very lively, people eating, merrily talking to one another, sharing a toast, talking about their stories.
The fiddelist is playing happily while walking around the room. Everything is in a joyfull mood, servants lineup to bring the foods to the table.
The joyous mood is not only in the dinind room, but also in the courtyard. The servants were dancing, laughing, and just do anything fun.
This is the occasion in every dinner time in the Hearthglen House.

Somewhere in the city's outskirt

A caravan was making it way to the city, from a distance it looked like a goverment official caravan.
The carriage is drawn by six horses. There were a company of guards with the caravan.
As the caravan draw near to the forest near outskirt of the city, they were ambushed, arrows flies from every direction, several of the guards were struck down. there were around forty guards left. Then the bandits attack, they fought fiercely, but there were so many of the bandits that the caravan's guard seem outnumbered.
"Soldier! ride as quickly as you can to the city, find my friend Leonhearth, he will be able to help us"the man in the carriage said.
The soldiers ride on to the city as fast as he can. While he was getting away, an arrow struck him in the back, he felt the pain, then several more arrows. But he thought to himself that he have to make it to the city. And so he kept on riding until he reach the door of the Hearthglen House.
As he reach the door the guards saw him, and quickly help him. The injured soldier just keep on saying "Help,Help, i'm a soldier of Duke Harmon,we have been ambushed."
The soldier quickly ran to the dining room, he said to Leonhearth "Sire, Duke Harmon has been ambushed."
Leonhearth hearing his friend's name quickly stood up, and ordered the soldiers to prepare. "Monique, stay here with the boys, tell the servants to clean the table, and prepare the infirmary.". Then he called the servants "Prepare the horses."
Leonhearth's have a company of knights. After the knights have gathered in front of the house, Leonhearth said to Duke "Duke, i will go first, you, gather the second company and come after me.", Duke nodded and ran of into the night.
Leonhearth's company quickly ride out from the city. As they neared the place they could see that there are only several guards left, and the guards are protecting the carriage.
Leonhearth quickly sounded the horn that he have brought along with him.
The knights charged in, the bandits look bewildered. Fifty knights in gold plated armor, charging full speed at them.
The bandits sounded their call for reinforcement, and out of the forest came more bandits, the knights fight on hard, but that's the difference between the one who fight just and the one who fight unjust, for the bandits are master of trickery and deception. They use all kinds of dirty trick. The small battle was fought very hard.
As the clouds of battle lift up from the place the image was one horrible image. There were numerous bodies on the ground, all covered in blood, the company of Harmon was done for. Leonhearth is leaning at the door of the carriage, while holding his blade. Beside him is Harmon, also holding his sword.
There were around twenty knights left. The rest of Leonhearth's company is injured. The bandits sounded another horn and then out of the forest comes another company of bandits. Now its twenty two against sixty seven.
The man who seem in charge of the ambushed called out to Leonhearth and Harmon "Is this all that you rich noble family have? Knights... Hmph, they are not as strong as i heard they are."
Leonhearth sheated his sword, and stood straight up while walking toward the bandits. He stopped several meters away from the bandits. He replied "Oh is that so? well you certainly have not seen the horrors of war, the scared feeling that you have as you stood up there in the battlefield, thinking 'Will i be able to see another day?'." , the leader of the bandits just keep silent, then he replied "Fear? Fear? FEAR YOU SAID?!, i will teach you a thing or two about fear" He said that while unsheating his sword and pointing it at Leonhearth.
Leonhearth dosen't move or budge an inch. Leonhearth smirked, he said "You will teach me about fear? How will you teach me about fear, if i am the man who beated fear. What more is there for me to learn?" Leonheart sharp ears pickuped the sound of the approaching company.
Suddenly that feeling came back to him. The feeling of an approaching aura, an aura that dosen't know fear, and aura that dosen't know death, and aura that he felt long ago in that dreaded battlefield.
Suddenly a shilloute of a man jumped and landed between Leonhearth and the bandits. Clad in gold trim armor, with a red velvet cape, and a greataxe in one hand.
Leonhearth smiled and said "Today i will teach you the meaning of fear. The true fear of the battlefield."
From behind Leonhearth a company of knights draws near. But their armor is different from Leonhearth's first company. The second company of knights that came their armor was pitch black, they have the symbol of the tree in their chestplate, which is in gold. They halt several meters away from the carriage.

Leonhearth smiled and said "Hey!, i hoped you have more reinforcement. Because once he is going all out, you need half a regiment to stop him."
Duke stood up, with that piercing look in his eye, with that aura of his. He stood up, hold his greataxe in his right arm while resting his great axe in his shoulder. He walk, he just walk toward the bandits.
He stop in front of them, and he said "I am Duke, remember that. Remember that name as the one who sent you to the grave."
The bandit leader laughed out loud. "I am Durom, and i will paint the way from here to the city with the blood of all of you."
Durom turn his head to the back, toward his men, and he just smirked and said "He thinks he can fight us all by himself", His men laugh, just as Durom turn his head forward toward Duke, he was met with a large axe swinging his way, and the moment he realized it, he saw a headless body standing in front of his men. His face showed fear.
His men, bewildred with the incident that just happened, they were like people who have been turn into stone.They stood still, all sixty six of them, stood still.
Duke turn and said to them "This is what you will always saw in the battlefield, in war, never turn your eyes away from your opponent."
Raising his greataxe to the sky and crashing it down at the nearest bandit. Another one fell.
Then from the back of the bandits there came a shout "HEYY, don't just stand there and let him cut you like vegetables. Fight back"
As if awaken from their paralyzed body, the bandits attacked, the second company charge.
Duke said to himself "A little bit of the memory of 'that' battlefield"
Then he proceed to fight them. The fight was a tough one, neither group is showing mercy. At the end of the fight, when the dust has settled. There stood five bandits left, thirty five knights of the second company and in the middle of the battleground is Duke. The knights was about to charge in but Duke hold up his greataxe to the side, and the knights stop.
He said"You, who is your name? You are the one who shouted and give the men spirit to fight."
"Why should i tell you?"The bandit replied.
"You are just as scared as every one else, yet you still manage to give them hope to fight. Just like him, when his soldiers don't have anymore will to fight, i will never forget that moment. On that battlefield, he stood up, we surely know that we will lose the battle, but he stood up, raise his sword into the sky, while holding the banner, he shouted 'Give me the strength to fight on, and as along as i have strength to raise my sword, and air in my lungs, i will fight on' and with that he charge into the battlefield. All alone by himself, he charge to the battlefield, thrust the banner into the ground and shouted 'Until the last drop of blood from my body drip to the ground, i will fight', and you know the rest of the story. I stood there and fight with him, i was very young, arrows struck him, and before he breath his last breath he said 'Duke, if you ever meet my son, tell him, that your father is not a coward, that he died gloriously in the battlefield, that he died with great honor,and..., that he died protecting your future'."
The young man stood still, he shed a tear or two. Yet he just sood still.
"Son of Sir Nobin,the hero that save us all. Here is what he give me to give to you"Tossing a necklace to the young man.
The young man didn't catch the necklace, it just fell on the ground infront of him, the necklace opened up, and there he saw the picture of his father and mother, and also him. The boy stood still. He bend down to get the necklace. And there is a note in the picture, the note reads "My son, I am proud of you"
The boy cried. Then he looked up to Duke and said "I am Nathan, the son of...", Nathan paused. Then he continued "The son of the greatest father and hero, Sir Nodin" Duke smiled at him, then began to walk away.
Nathan call out after him and said "Duke,can i go along with the one who have fight with my father?"
Duke stop, and replied "The Hearthglen family opens its door to everyone."
Nathan and his four men followed Duke. And the company returned back to the city.
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 20th, 2013, 8:13 am

Day 24, Winter 502 AV

Evening

Back at the house, Lady Monique was waiting at the door, from afar she can saw them coming, she called the servants to prepare the baths and also to prepare the infirmary.
Kaizar and Vancliff followed lady Monique from behind. Everybody in the house was very curious.
At last the company arrive. The servants tend to the horses, while the men went to the courtyard and to the armory to place their armors. The first and second company knights went to the courtyard and the baths. Some of them went lying down in the grass, some where just sitting there and talking. The others were being treated in the infirmary.
Leonhearth and Harmon and Monique and Harmon's wife they sat in the living room, discussing about the current incident.
Duke went to the temple to pray for those who pass away in the battle.
Kaizar and Van just went out to the courtyard and seat there while observing the knights.

"Kaizar, Van, Duke!", Leonhearth called from inside the house.
The boys quickly went inside.
"Kaizar, Van, and where is Duke?" Leonhearth questioned.
"He said that he will be going to the temple." Kaizar replied.
"Ok then. Oh and i want to introduce to you, a friend of mine, Duke Harmon" Leonhearth said
"Pleasure to meet you sir" Kaizar and Van said
"I am happy to introduce the newest member to the Hearthglen House.
The young man in there with his four men is Nathan. He have just been added to the great family of Hearthglen. And over here is Harmon's daughter, Kiara, she will be staying with us in the mean time, because of some political problems."

"Hey, my name is Nathan, my occupation is a knight-to-be. Please to meet you all" Nathan exclaim.
"Heloo, my name is Kiara,ummm my occupation is a knight-to-be. My favorite weapon is lance."
"New family,a new home, and a new start" Kaizar thought to himself.
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Radiant on July 6th, 2013, 6:43 am

. :smirk: ....................

Syliras is located in a huge fortress. All lives inside apartments built into the walls. There are no personal courtyards, no gardens, and definitely no personal company knights. All knights are under the jurisdiction of the Syliran Knight Order.

Read my intervention on your thread here first. It should explain everything.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)