Solo The Silver Sliver Tavern Brawl

Kyodaija fights some locals

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Silver Sliver Tavern Brawl

Postby Kyodaija on June 20th, 2013, 2:00 am

17th of Summer, 513 AV.

Kyodaija was feeling bored and looking for someplace to let loose and have a good time.... He hadn't spent much time in Ravok yet so he did not yet dare to start any particularly noteworthy or entertaining actions, not wanting to draw to much unwanted attention to the fact he was a Dahni.

He found a bar in the docks district not to far from where he was currently staying at Tarsin's, it was named the Silver Sliver Tavern. It appeared a relatively small establishment though was none the less buzzing with activity. Kyo decided he ought to go inside and have a taste of some of the local brews. He hadn't had much to drink since he had arrived in Ravok.

So he headed into the place and took a look around to see what kinds of goings on might be happening. It was indeed a busy enough night, with already more than a few drunkards stumbling around, trying to flip the dresses of the barmaids whom promptly slapped them and rolled there eyes as if this kind of behavior was normal. He also noted a game of dice being held in a corner, it appeared to be a small circle of dock workers just passing the time gambling with copper Mizas.

He walked over to the bar then and waited for the bartender whom was filling up an ale for another patron sitting next to him. He spoke up to Kyo saying "I'll be with you in a moment stranger." Kyo simply nodded and turned to glance at the man sitting next to him. He seemed rather rambunctious and had several other friends sitting on a table behind him and at the bar next to him. They all were the noisiest group in the bar.

It was then that the bar tender came up to him and said "What can I get for you stranger? The name's Jed." Kyo looked up at him then and said "I'll take a mug of your houssse brew... Whatever that isss..." Jed smiled while raising an eyebrow and said "One mug o Silver Sliver coming right up."

He took out a mug then and filled it up with a healthy dose of this "Silver Sliver". He placed the mug in front of him then and hurried off to tend to another patron calling for more wine. He took a sip of the brew and was overwhelmed at first by the almost bitter taste of it. He could smell the powerful alcohol contained in the large mug. It was a rather good taste for a simple ale. A barmaid came up beside him and said "Goes good with mutton want me to fetch you some?" He simply nodded and continued to take sips off the ale savoring its cold refreshing taste.

After a time she brought up a haunch of mutton and left it in front of him. He put down a silver coin for her as a tip which she gave a broad smile and took happily. He looked down the bar and called to Jed saying "Another Sssliver if you pleassse." Jed smiled and slid one down to him. as he picked it up the loud man sitting next to him decided to turn and face Kyo. His breath REAKED of alcohol, and he smelled of fish and worms. Momentarily Kyo also noted a rather obviously displayed dagger on the mans belt.

He belched and looked at Kyo saying "you don't look like your from around here stranger..." He looked to be having a hard time with what he was saying, but suddenly his face got sour and he started to look a bit pissed off. "I don't like your ugly mug sitting there next to me... So why don't *hic* you go scamper off somewhere else punk eh!?" He stood up then, he wasn't an overly impressive man and only stood about 5'6. But his limbs looked thick from hard labor on the docks. His friends Jeered and cheered him on yelling out "kick his ass Marl!" He looked confident that Kyo would be intimidated by him. He wasn't expecting what happened next.

Kyo took one last large gulp of his second Sliver, and then very swiftly smashed the mug over the side of the mans head. Dropping him in a shriveling lump to the ground. Kyo stood up then and imposed his impressive figure upon all of them standing 6'6 and having a massive frame (due mostly to being well fed).
He said threateningly "Unlessss you want to end up like him... I sssuggessst you leave well enough alone you damn sssea ratsss..."

Several of them stood up then and charged...

The fight was on...
Last edited by Kyodaija on June 26th, 2013, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyodaija on June 26th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Kyo was now facing off with at least 4 drunkards now. All of them somewhat strong armed Seamen. Well not so much sea as lake... All the same the first one dared to step forward on his own, a mistake he would shortly regret. Kyo took advantage of the mans drunk and lumbering charge, grabbing the back of the mans head and guiding him face first into the bar. It was a quick lights out for the first man, unfortunately that woke the other 3 up quite a bit. 2 of whom had now drawn fish gutting knives.

Kyo had little time to think about whom he should attack, knowing he was without armor and a his prized weapon. So he improvised using the next best thing available to him, the trusty barstool. The first man approached him slowly. He held the dagger in a way that showed he was no novice to using the crude weapon in such a fashion. He made for a stab at Kyo's side, which Kyo was able to mostly dodge receiving only a superficial scratch. This went on for several moments and it seemed Kyo was going to gain the upper hand soon. But just then the second man wielding a knife rushed in nearly driving his blade cleanly into Kyo's side. Thankfully the man reeked of alcohol so Kyo had smelled him coming just in time to take another slightly less superficial scratch on his side.

Now facing off against 2 opponents, Kyo found himself at quite the disadvantage. He was beginning to feel extremely annoyed that the two men were doggedly pushing him into a corner so easily. Enraged at this the first man dove in for a stab at his abdomen, Kyo had thrown caution to the wind and let blocked the measly dagger with his arm, allowing it to drive into his flesh so that he could wrench it from the mans grasp. "Sssshit!" He howled as he dagger drove in. Further enraged now he swung his bar stool powerfull at the mans head, hitting his abdomen instead. This was perhaps lucky for Kyo as it knocked the man unconscious instead of simply killing him (a not so good thing to have happen in public). At this point many of the men in the tavern were hooting and hollering, some even placing bets on who would lose. The second man came in for a stab, but Kyo reacted quicker than the drunk. Throwing blood from his open wound into the mans eyes. The man stopped clutching his eyes trying to clean them off, Kyo would not give him the chance.

He swung mightily with a right hook at the mans head meaning to knock him out cleanly. He vaguely was able to pull off the hook it appearing to be more of a right angled swing. But the blinded man was flailing around enough that his left arm caught the swing unintentionally. The man howled in pain as his arm connected at the elbow with Kyo's fist; the force of which shattered both the mans elbow, and 2 or 3 of his knuckles.

Kyo reeled back realizing he was now nearly at half strength with one busted up hand, and an arm with a knife sticking out. The man had lost all will to fight an was simply wailing on the ground crying out curses about his unfortunate arm. Unfortunately the 4th and final man saw that Kyo was weakened and decided also to charge him. Though the man was by far the most drunk and clumsiest of the 4 assailants, he proved trouble for he drew not a knife, but a somewhat heavy looking club.

The man swung wide at Kyo, whom barely managed to dodge the blow. Kyo was left with phew options, and even less time to think about those options. Dodging the lumbering blows which were slowly gaining speed a precision, as if the man was sobering up just from the physical exertion. As a wide but somewhat halfassed swing came in at kyo's side, he let it hit home and nail him in the ribs. It didn't strike hard enough to break any. Though it would surely be sore for quite some time. He grabbed the club with his left arm and latched on, not allowing the man to pull back for another swing. and then as the drunkard stupidly refused to relinquish his weapon. He moved in on the man and slammed his head into the mans face. Breaking his chin on the top of his forehead, which drew blood from Kyo's head giving him a frighteningly violent appearance.

Kyo allowed the man to slump to the floor along with his club. As he looked around the room anxiously awaiting the next fool to take a slug at him. He hadn't realized til the last moment that a man nearly as tall as he had moved in on him. Apparently the bouncer. Who promptly knocked Kyo over the head with his large fist.

And then there was darkness...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyodaija on June 26th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Kyo woke several hours later. No longer aware of where he was. There was a man sitting on a stool several feet away next to his bed. The man realized Kyo was awake and spoke.

"I am the proprietor of the Silver Sliver." Kyo looked closer at the man and he seemed plain enough. He did not doubt he would be the owner of a Tavern. "You broke one of my stools." Said the man whilst writting things on a paper next to him. "Broke 1 of my mugs, drank 2 ales, Broke a stool, broke a table with another patron whom fell on it due to your blow, and the faces of some of my regulars." He said with a smile. "If you ever went to the pit I would definitely bet on you!" The man said as he cackled wholeheartedly. "All that said here is your bill." He handed Kyo the paper which had the expenses listed on it, apparently also including medical fees from the hospital he was now in, as well as fees for being carried there... Quite extortionate of the man.

"Feel free to come by the Tavern anytime." The man cackled as he waltzed away. Kyo had a feeling he might get to know this man better sometime soon... weather he liked it or not.

Looking into his wallet. The listed ammount of money was already gone... He decided he should decide better locations for his brawls next time...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 10th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Grades

Kyodaija
  • Brawling +5

Lores: Silver Sliver Tavern, Silver Sliver (the drink)

-1 SM (tip)
-6 SM (broken mug)
-8 SM ( broken chair-poor/stool)
-8 CM (2 mugs of Ale)
-1 GM (broken table-average)

Injury!- you will have a deep cut on your arm for a season. Take care to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Notes

Secret :
All prices were taken from the price list, please deduct them from your ledger. Also, I was hesitant to grade with you defeating four opponents with only 10 points in brawling. However, as I read it I believe that this was within your abilities and that you stretched them enough to earn quite a bit of points. But please bear in mind that your injury lasted until Fall the 17th. I realize you are most likely past that point now, but if you should think back on this time, remember this as if it were canon. Also, please delete your post in the request thread, or edit it to reflect the fact that it has been graded.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets