[Courtyard] Meetings (Ororadaruma, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Yngvie on July 17th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Yngvie approached the courtyard, carving a small almost finished wooden figurine with a small knife. It was almost finished, it's long humanoid limbs and simple face only needing the finishing touches. As he entered the courtyard, he saw a human, probably an Inarta talking with a large Jamoura. As he watched the two talk, the Jamoura left, leaving the Inarta alone. The shadowy man decided that since he had never met an Inarta, he would try to get to know it. He had heard that the Inarta where very emotional and are known to act on the razor's edge. He approached him, and said, "Greetings fiery Inarta! I am a traveler from a far away land, come to this land to meet people and see strange sights! If my nosiness is not too off-putting, what is your reason for traveling to this detestable city?" He made a sweeping gesture with his hands as he spoke, his eyes turning an emerald green.
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 18th, 2010, 2:08 am

Ventus turned to look at the approaching Vantha with a scythe on his back. His first reaction was confusion, and the second reaction was that running might be a good idea. He started to back away, removing the bow from his shoulder, having it lowered on his side, prepared to use a quick action to take an arrow from his newly made quiver and shoot at the scary fellow. As he backed away, scared out of his mind, the red-eyed Vantha spoke. He listened, worried that he might make some random motion and kill him. After he spoke and he made the the sweeping gesture, Ventus immediately went to the conclusion that he was about to cast a spell so he went for an arrow, but when nothing happened and his eyes turned green, he put the arrow back into the quiver. He lowered his bow down, a little less worried, and spoke. "Um... You are not what I would call good with first impressions," Ventus said with a slight stutter in his voice, still backing away slowly, not realizing that he was about to be against a wall.
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on July 19th, 2010, 1:19 am

Yngvie cackled as the Inarta pulled his bow out and aimed it at him as he approached, then lowered it back down as he greeted him. "Of course I am not good at first impressions. It is what you find out later that matters the most anyway. It does not matter if I look frightening, but whether or not I turn out to kill you!" He then whispered under his breath, "Which I probably won't." He then raised his voice back up to a normal level, so that he could be sure that the Inarta could hear him. He saw him back away slowly towards a wall. "Now you're first impression on me is of a rather jumpy fellow. It is your turn to make a second impression!"
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 19th, 2010, 3:14 pm

"But I am a rather jumpy fellow," he whimpered as he swung his bow back onto his shoulder and relaxed. "Though usually in a more happy way, or so many people I have known will say." He walked towards Yngvie and outstretched his hand as a greetings, grinning now. Ventus could have immediate changes when it came to viewing people, though some people would call that dangerous, Ventus thought of it as trusting, or denied such a fact. People would say that he would change once he met someone truly dangerous, but that had yet to of happened. Maybe they would be right when it came to Yngvie. "My name is Ventus, and I am a former artisan of Wind Reach!" he announced with his hand outstretched, hoping for Yngvie to do the same.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on July 19th, 2010, 3:58 pm

"In that case, greetings Ventus, former artisan of Wind Reach. I am not nearly nosy enough to ask any more, so I will simply introduce myself." Yngvie grabbed Ventus's outstretched hand tightly and shook it five times. "I am Yngvie from the city of Avanthal. I ran away from my home at a young age, and it seems like fate has led me here. As he talked, he sat down on the ground, being sure that he did not get his expensive robe dirty on the cold stone. He wondered if this Ventus would give him some of his glass. "My father was one of the prodigious crafters of our people, and I have inherited some of his talent. I have always wanted some of your Inarata-made glass work. Tell me, Ventus, would you give me some of your glass for one of my statuettes?"
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 19th, 2010, 4:36 pm

"Well, ya, see, I sold out on my way to Syliras... So, yea," he mumbled, wishing he didn't now. Trades were always fun because he could study the textures and such of the other work in order to make new types himself with glass, though wood was a little different. That reminded him that he needed to get some materials soon, though at the moment he was getting hungry, and the rations were in the stable. He would have to go hunting, and now, he had a companion. This would work. "So, Yngvie, how do you feel about hunting?" he asked, twiddling his thumbs.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on July 19th, 2010, 4:49 pm

"Hunting?" Although Yngvie had never particularly liked animals, he had never actually killed one except out of necessity. He really didn't think that being hungry exactly counted as necessity, but then again, he could use an ally. He jumped up, then took the scythe off from his back and held it in the air. "I shall hunt with you, Ventus of the Inarta! We shall slay any beast that is in our way and we shall return victorious! Now, we shall depart immediately! To the mountains!" Yngvie motioned for Ventus to follow him as he rushed towards the exit of the city that led towards the entrance to the Cobalt Mountains.
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 19th, 2010, 5:33 pm

"Wait, I need to get my horse!" he yelled at the already gone Yngvie. He would just catch up with the unusual Vantha later. Ventus sighed as he picked up his backpack and exited the courtyard to the stables. He retrieved his horse and hugged the unsuspecting female for treating his horse. Yet again, his lack of awareness when it came to everyone's "personal bubble," would be somewhat of a difficulty. He hopped on his horse and started off to the exit.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Previous