[Courtyard] Meetings (Ororadaruma, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 2:01 am

Day 67 of Summer, 510

Ventus walked into the castle courtyard, looking around, observing the random passersby. It was a confusing place, or so it looked to him, as he had lived in Wind Reach most his life. The journey here was full of less sight seeing, more traveling, though he did meet a certain ape along the way. Or, it looked like an ape. Ventus didn't really know, but the ape seemed nice. His eyes wandered, waiting for Ororadaruma, the one he met along the road. He started to take off what he had been carrying around for forever, and he took the obnoxious backpack off, then the bow. He then untied the string on his back that held the 60 arrows arranged in clumps which had the arrows in clumps, almost broken, but just a little curved. Then, he took off the axe that he had held by 4 foot of rope that he cut off the 100 feet that he had in the horses saddlebag. Everything else was with the horse in the stables, which now that he thought about it, was probably not a good idea. He stretched his back a bit then sat with all his materials littered around him until he had to go again.
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Ororadaruma on July 15th, 2010, 2:10 am

Summer 67, 510

Ororadaruma woke up from his nap, he had fallen asleep in a peaceful and relatively unvisited courtyard, sitting down against the pillars and letting his natural camouflage blend him in with the blank white walls. When he woke up his fur and skin immediately assumed their natural dark green color. He began to pick up the rolled-up tent and book-filled backpack he carried with him when he spotted a human he'd met on the road a few months before. The human, Ventus, had seemed amiable enough, though his temper was a bit short... "Hello, friend Ventus. You have... business in the city?"
Ororadaruma
Player

Words: 8699
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 6:09 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 11:42 am

Ventus was surprised when the Jamoura suddenly appeared behind him. So surprised that he jumped up with his axe until he realized who it was. "Oh, geez... you really scared me!" he said, a bright smile appearing on his face. He turned to look at his backpack, wondering if he had any glass to sell, though the big green one never really liked his art. Reasons to kill him, he started to think. "Well, yes I do actually. Selling my art in fact! Though, as usual, no one has shown interest as of yet. I was waiting for you however, as I remember you saying that you were also on your way here! So, nice to see you again!" he continued, keeping the broad smile on his face. He swung his almost albino hand out for a handshake, though when he thought about it, that seemed dangerous with a large ape.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ororadaruma on July 15th, 2010, 11:58 am

Ruma smiled amiably at Ventus and reflected on the human's glassware. He was decent, for one of his age, but nothing special yet. Perhaps in time he would come into his own. "Pleasant meetings in my eyes as well, friend Ventus I would increase your wealth, but I have little to spare."

He gently shook Ventus' hand with his own, keeping his fingers carefully immobile so that he wouldn't crush the human's fingers on accident. It was always very unfortunate when that sort of thing happened. "I like this city. It is... peaceful, compared to others. I was going to a library, but the city is large and... I am afraid I have become lost."
Ororadaruma
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 12:23 pm

"Hm, well, before we head to a library, for I have decided I am going with you," he announced. "But first, I must start working on a quiver as to not crush my arrows..." Ventus slowly lowered himself to the ground by his backpack and arrows. He scattered the arrows beside him and looked inside his backback. What to use, what to use... he thought as he rummaged around. He found the square yard of linen he bought a way back, and realized he could probably use that to hold it, but then he wondered how would be make the bottom round and keep the arrows from piercing the linen. He turned to his arrows and had an amazing idea. He took his knife from a side compartment and brought 15 arrows into his lap, which he started to cut somewhat thin, so he could lace them under each other as to make something like wicker stick.

Ventus started on the sticks, cutting quickly, and broke three of them in the process but there was still enough to use. He started lacing them over and under each other, and upon finishing that he set it down. A knife would be hard to use to cut a good small circle. "Um..." he started, "how will I make this into a circle? Got an idea, Mr. Ruma?" he asked the ape that was behind him. He then continued to rummage in his backpack seeing if he could find some string.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ororadaruma on July 15th, 2010, 12:43 pm

Ruma waited for Ventus to finish making the base for the wicker and shrugged. It was an impressive sight, given the width of his shoulders. "I was going to follow you, in fact. I am hopelessly lost. And maybe a craftsman for the wicker?"

Ruma had spent over a hundred years among humanity's best and worst, but to save his life he still couldn't find his way around the simplest of their cities. He normally took to the rooftops when he could, since people tended to get nervous when a giant monkey walked down the street. Then again, people also got nervous when a giant monkey jumped the street over their heads, even if he was quiet about it. Why they got nervous he would never know. He knew the distance, so he wouldn't fall on them, and the other myth he commonly encountered was ridiculous. He was perfectly capable of using a toilet, going in the street was unhygienic.
Ororadaruma
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 6:41 pm

"Idea!" he screamed, rather loudly too. A small man looked at him confused across the courtyard. He picked up the linen,putting in something like a circle to see how big it would need to be. Afterwards, Ventus started to edge his knife slowly arround it like a circle to get a groove for where to saw it off. There would be to much linen so he edged his fingers around searching for a loose strand, then when found, pulled to create a large amount of string. He sawed two twigs, starting the circle and quickly tied them together. Then the next, and continued the tie with the rest of the string, and so on.

"So, Daruma," he started, "why did you decide to come to the great city of Syliras?" While asking this question, he continued to saw and wrap to make a good circle. The rest of it would be thrown into his backpack in case it could ever be useful. Later, he would go to the Bazaar and see if they sold wax.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ororadaruma on July 15th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Ruma shrugged once again at Ventus' question. He had already answered once, he had come to the city for a trip to a library, specifically to clear up the mysteries he still possessed about human behavior and society. Still, for the sake of avoiding conflict, he answered again. "I came to the city in search of a library, but have become extremely lost. I will... perhaps never understand human cities."

He had perched on his hands while saying this and had taken out some ink, a quill, and a small notebook from his backpack, holding the book open in one dexterous foot and writing with the other. It was a habit he'd gotten into over the decades, and he'd found it was easier to walk with his hands and write with his feet than vice-versa. Plus, his feet and legs were barely as long as a human's arm, and hardly more muscular. They were really more useful for fine manipulation than for locomotion.
Ororadaruma
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 15th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Ventus finally finished cutting the wicker and stringed it all together. He wrapped the linen cloth around the now circular wicker stick. With the rest of the string, he tied the bottom together many times to assure it wouldn't break. Finally, he stood up, picking up his arrows and placing them in the quiver. He examined it a bit then realized that he had no strap. With the leftover linen that he was going to use for a bandage, he pierced two holes on each side, also in the quiver then tied the strap on. "Ah, complete," he said happily. He reached down and picked up his axe, putting it on his side with it's "belt." Then, he yet again got his backpack and placed it on, of course, his back. He slung his bow across, his arm and hooked the string to part of his back, then placed the quiver on the other shoulder. He had everything back where it needed to be.

"The library eh? Hm, that seems like it would be a good place to go," Ventus replied. The making of the quiver made him a little less excited, so the obnoxious screaming would end for a bit.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ororadaruma on July 16th, 2010, 2:20 am

Ruma nodded as Ventus spoke. It would be interesting, but not with a rather untalented glassblower-slash-archer in tow. He would have to find some way to lose Ventus, pleasant as it was to have someone to talk to. He spotted another Jamoura walking past and waved him over, asking where the library was. "Just that way, friend."

Ruma thanked the Jamoura and waved goodbye to Ventus. "No offense meant, friend Ventus, but I find that... solitude is the best companion during my... research visits."

With that he began walking towards the library, his quill still scribbling away.
Ororadaruma
Player

Character sheet

Next