Closed Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Meditation is not just for humans

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 24th, 2013, 2:25 am

5 Summer 513

Clyde headed out of Ravok today, to practice his voiding. It seemed the perfect magic to link up with meditation, which was all about freeing and cleansing oneself, about clearing your mind of all outside things. Which was also what the void was, a place of nothing. So concentrating on voiding, the concept, in order to open a void, was perfectly matched for meditation.

He was going a bit of a ways outside of Ravok as always. It was not a good idea to train to close to town, or even the shore. Safer farther away, away from prying eyes.

He was dressed in his usual garb, staff in hand.

He kept walking for a few chimes, he was not sure how long, until he ended up by a tree, an old oak, standing true and big. As good a place as any to practice. Besides, it would be nicer training in its shade, than out in the open under the glare of the sun.

Clyde concentrated on the idea of nothingness, calming himself, slowing his breathing... Clearing out his mind and thoughts... Breath in... And out... In... And out...

After a time, he had calmed himself down enough, meditated enough, till he could focus totally on the idea of nothing. A difficult task in itself.

He felt his djed ringing deep inside of himself, a part of him, and yet also him, just as much as his legs or arms or mind. He pushed the djed into a area of space before him, held his hands up to the spot he was concentrating on, and forced djed into the spot... He was in the spot, examining it, pulling on it.

After a few moments, the djed did its job, and pulled out every speck of material out of the spot of his focus. Till all at once it was empty, truly empty, empty of air or earth or anything. He fed it djed, making it widen, watching is it grew from its initial pinprick size, to the size of a marble.

His own tiny little doorway into the void, in the open air, just in front of and above his hands. He breathed in. He breathed out... And he dwelt on the idea of nothing and nothingness, as he fed djed to the portal.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Yonega on June 24th, 2013, 3:20 am

The first of the summer heat had yet to come and Yon was loving it! The warmth of the sunshine on her wings in flight, the feel of the wind through her feathers, a belly full of market fruit. It was pure bliss, a lot better than the panic she'd spent most of spring in! The raven wondered what today might bring as she approached her tree from overhead.

The roost was a fine old oak, branches spread wide with several low enough to make good climbing territory for children (not that any might come out and dare it; bad things were said to live in the woods). The trees leaves were a vibrant green, splashes of teal and brown cast around it and giving shade to the ground below (and similarly hiding the figure beneath it easily to the incoming bird).

Yon dipped lower, circling the tree as she was won to do once. And in that moment of circling she spotted the figure on the ground and the strange globe/opening hovering over his hands! What on Mizahar is that? What's he doing?? The bird thought as she alighted on one of the branches, beady eyes peering upon Clyde intensely. His extended hands, still posture...they were all very strange things to see. For that matter, the raven wasn't sure if he should be a threat or not!

The kelvic walk-hopped to one of the leaves at the end of a branch and plucked a twig from the limb. Holding it carefully in beak, she moved over the man below, cuerucking quietly as she stared down at him. Hm... The bird aimed the twig carefully, and then dropped it. However, before it reached the man below, the breeze caught it and tilted it off course to land pointlessly beside Clyde. Her feathers fluffed in frustration and down from the tree the raven descended, wings arching and tail fanned out so that the wedge-shape was obvious, before landing softly on the grass beside him.

There was the whisper of feathers rubbing together before the bird began to move, canting her head this way and that as she went from beside him to behind him, watching carefully as she walked. Every few steps, the brown-necked bird would give a hop and a low cruek once more, clicking that sleek beak sharply as she did so. Then, stopping in front of him at last, the raven eyed his hands, head lowering and raising, tilting and shifting as she studied him. What was he doing? The concept of magic and manipulation of djed was strange to her, as alien as a thunderstorm had been last spring. Thus, there was no surprise that the shifter was absolutely baffled.

That he posed no apparent threat, however, made her more comfortable to be near him or the nervous flyer would have remained in her tree and not standing directly before him watching what he was doing. And then, after straightening a few unsettled plumes, the bird extended both of her wings forwards, as if in downstroke, in mimicry. The long flight feathers splayed as the muscles along the bone within contracted, making the feathers look a bit like fingers in the process. She stood there for a moment, head tilting between him and the sky (just in case a predator flew overhead or landed in her roost), and then let out the most obnoxious sound. Ravens were usually quite refined of verbalizations, but this one...well, she was kind of loud.

"RAAAWWWKK!!"
Yonega
Player

Words: 39175
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 8:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 29th, 2013, 8:41 pm

It was always interesting, to gaze into the black emptiness of the void. Some mages might go mad, staring into it for to long.

Not Clyde. It did not fill him with fear, or wonder... Just... Interest. More for what it could do, than what it was, or what it meant. The blank black emptiness of the void, devoid of life, light, heat, dead by all means. So why could people connect to it via this magic? What was the purpose? Surely it had a reason.

Clyde swirled his hand underneath the portal, palm open, feeding it djed as he made the gesture. The portal swirling just as his hand did. Concentrating on the emptiness in space, making it bigger, feeding it, watching as it slowly grew hair by hair, till it was the size of a small rock... Till it was the size of the palm of his hand. The tiny window into nothing. Barely big enough to even register.

He did not notice as the bird landed next to him, though had Rye been with him as usual, he would have alerted him to the creature.

But he had not, and he was focused on his task, attempting to meditate and close his mind to all else.

At least until the bird sounded off, and broke Clyde from his revery.

"What the petch?" He said, darting his eyes from his voiding portal, to the bird.

"What do you want?"

He shifted his eyes back to the portal, to see that it had stopped growing, as he had been distracted and stopped feeding it djed.

"Ah, now you made me mess up... What was that for?"

A part of Clyde wondered if the bird was a spy. Perhaps he was a bit suspicious, but he would not put it past some of his rivals or enemies, to hire a bird kelvic or something to spy on him and to report his actions. He had run into far to many kelvics by "chance", to believe that it was just that, chance.

He was far more often wrong with such suspicions, than right... But he reasoned, better than being spied on, on the one chance out of a hundred that it was true.

"And what are you doing here? Someone send you? Eh?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Yonega on July 7th, 2013, 2:32 pm

No spy was the raven standing before Clyde, her head tilting and shifting as she kept constant watch on both her surroundings, the sky, and him. His questions did not fall on deaf ears, of course. This was underlined by the hard shake of the birds brown head, the long feathers that made up the "beard" showing off their earthy tones as they flared. It was an answer no normal bird could possibly make.

She was most definitely not sent by someone. But how to answer his other questions? What did she want and why was she here? Clyde would be able to almost see the cogs turning in the avians little brain as she fought for clarity enough to respond. This djed-user though presented a more ominous threat than Garron had... The strange, empty circle he'd created did not look or feel right.

Ruffling all of her feathers up, she chanced a closer hop and clacked her beak warningly at him, as if to say 'touch me and I'll bite!'. Then, just within hopping distance of his lap, the raven pointed her beak at the tree once, looked at him, pointed it again and then touched the ground with the tip. It was harder working out the sounds she needed to make in this form to create a certain word, however, but once she managed to, the noisy corvid obliged.

A singular sound that was different from the kerruck, kraa, and rawks she had already made. This one was longer, more like a hoot if one were to imagine such similarities. The sound coordinated with another point of her beak to the sturdy old tree. "Ho." Okay, not so much like a hoot for the O had been lengthened as she cawed it out.

Gah! Not ho! Not those ugly womens I see showing off their down for rut happy men. Home, home! If only she could correlate her thoughts to him. The frustration at not being capable of making the M sound yet in this form was bright in those beady eyes and the way she fanned the wedge of her tail out.
Yonega
Player

Words: 39175
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 8:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2013, 10:29 pm

The bird hopped a flap closer to him, and clicked its beak angrily at him. What, had he impinged upon its territory, and saw him as an invader? That seemed like it made a sort of sense, in a odd logical fashion... But if the crow did so to every person to come by, it would not live for long. Some angry man or something would get annoyed and decide it would be better to just silence it.

So in that respect, though his prior notion made a sort of logic, it did not seem likely. Not if this bird had been alive for long doing so.

It then did some odd gestures with its beak which decidedly did not seem normal for a average bird. Something was up, either it was trained in some fashion to do as it did... Or... Well, he was not certain, not so soon, but he knew it was not normal to point at a... Tree?

Clyde glanced at the tree it had gestured at, and shrugged, not seeing anything odd about it. At least from here. Perhaps if he had gotten closer, he would have noticed something.

"What, that's your tree? You don't like me by it? Well I am settled, and don't plan to move till I am done. So whether it is your tree or not, you will just have to live with me here for a bit. Or you could go find a different tree, there are others. Or is there something special about that one?"

Clyde turned back to his voiding portal, to see it was beginning to shrink, little by little. He picked up a pebble off the ground, which might actually have been a clump of dirt, and held it over the portal. Then he let it go, watching as it fell into the hole in the air in front of him.

But it did not fall and strike the ground, instead it fell into the hole, and vanished altogether.

Part of this was to show the bird what would happen if she touched the rent in the air, and part was to intimidate it.

"So, did you actually want something, or did you just come over here to squawk at me? If not, I would like you to leave. Unless of course you are spying on me, in which case I would like to know for whom. But then, if you were spying, you would not admit it now would you?"

Clyde let out a resolute sigh, as he glanced at his portal for a moment, and then turned back to the bird.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Closed Eyes[Yonega]

Postby Vanari on November 3rd, 2013, 3:20 am

Clyde
Voiding +2 XP
Interrogation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Thwarted by a Crow
  • Paranoia Galore
  • Interrogating a Bird

Notes :
Gave what I could :)

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as "graded." Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)