Completed Fallen from Grace (Matthew)

An Ethaefal fallen from the sky finds herself thrown into an adventure with a stranger.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Fallen from Grace (Matthew)

Postby Sagitta on July 31st, 2013, 2:05 pm

Sagitta leaned closer in order to have a better look. It was a white feather. Big and ominously stained with blood. As if their situation was not disturbing enough. She shook her head at Matthew's question, having no knowledge in animals in particular. "I'm afraid not." She wondered how it had gotten here, among these derelict ruins. It wasn't a good sign to her. Blood and animals. The bird might be something's dinner. Not a pleasant thought, but she couldn't help herself.

From time to time, Sagitta expected the man to ask her questions - that's what most people would've done, but every time she was wrong. She knew Matthew noticed everything she was not telling him. It was as much as relieving as it was disturbing. For one, the Ethaefal was excused from answering things she did not know the answer to. But still, his indifference was uncanny.

As much as she longed to rest for a while longer, it was better to just keep going on. Who knew how long it would take for them to encounter any form of civilization? If at all? The night time was still some time away, but they couldn't be too careful. Her fingers tightened around the golden pendant, but she made no move to put it on. She liked the feel of the metal pressing against her palm.

"We should get moving soon. Let me know when you think you are ready."

Of course they should. Something might be out there bidding its time to get at them. There were no timeouts. Taking a slow look around, Sagitta clenched her jaw. "Alright, we should go. But where?" Her breath hitched at the last word. "Where can we go? I don't see any way out of this place. I don't anything resembling a structure anywhere near. We're thrown in the middle of nowhere! There's nowhere to go. Even if we did by some miracle got out of here, I don't know who I am, alright? I don't my name. I don't know where I came from. I don't know anything!" Her words turned sharp with desperation and anger. She was tired and hungry and frustrated and upset. And for a second, she let it all out. The mood swing was sudden and swift - a trait the Ethaefal had suddenly developed after the fall.

Sagitta
Ethereal Messenger. Daughter of Leth.

Words: 50372
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 6:08 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 1st, 2013, 8:23 pm

Her outburst took him by surprise, and he leaned back a bit, feeling her emotion strike him almost as a physical force. Her eyes were flashing, her tone was sharp, and her mood had just completely changed. Letting her finish, he didn't move, staring her down to prevent himself from stepping back. He wasn't good at handling emotion like this. It wasn't in his skill set. And she didn't know who she was? That wasn't at all comforting, although it did explain a lot of the weird little quirks she had been displaying up until now. Peering at her, he continued to remain silent, mulling her words over in his head. She was in a hard place, that much was obvious. All of her observations were good ones, and all true.

"You haven't lost everything."

The harlot blinked at her, deciding to just put it the simplest way he knew how.

"If you had truly lost everything and were truly void of all hope, you wouldn't have clung to me in the water. You wouldn't have climbed that cliff, or drank the water so eagerly. You wouldn't have went off in search of a sparkly thing you caught out of the corner of your eye. There is still will, something that drives you, something that gives you some reason to be alive." He continued staring at her, gently willing his magic to the surface of his skin. He breathed it to his lips, and then let it flow into his words. It was a simple suggestion of how everything was going to be okay. The magic flowed through the air, simple and subtle, caressing at the girl. It was just a feeling attached to his words. She could believe it if she wanted to, or force it away as a lie. "Sure, we may not get out of here. And you may never remember anything. But there isn't much we can do except try, right? Simple." He shrugged his shoulders, painfully basic in his handle on their situation. He was worried and scared, mostly about being eaten, but he knew those emotions were nothing to hold on to. They were something that would cloud his judgement, something that would prevent them from getting out of all of this in one piece. Biting his lower lip, he turned, planning on heading in the direction they had started. Away from the beach. Away from wherever this was, and onwards onto the horizon. It had only been a few hours, and they were already breaking down. His body was breaking down.

On a whim, he turned, changing his mind. If the woman would allow, she would find herself swept up into a hug. Comforting, or at least so he tried. It was a bit stiff, as if he wasn't used to it. "I'll consider myself purchased for now. You can pay me when we get somewhere civilized, and when you find the Mizas. But, for now, you have purchased me. I do what my customer wishes. You wish to get out of here? I'll do everything in my power to get you out of here, no matter how broken you become." He pulled back after a moment, the warmth of his defined body leaving hers. He still looked apathetic as ever, but he was trying his best. Turning, he held out his hand, offering it to her to take again so they could continue on this little quest of theirs.

"Trust in your harlot."

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Radiant on August 23rd, 2013, 5:44 am

Sagitta :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Swimming +1 XP
Climbing +2 XP
Wilderness Survival +3 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Paradise Fall
A Wayward Rescuer
Matthew: Savior
My Name Is Sagitta
Arivia: My Past Life
Being Lost
Matthew: King of Harlots
Syliras: Fortress City of Peace
A Ruined Altar
Myterious Black Feather
Matthew: Trust In Your Harlot

Consequences
Various Bruises and Cuts: Requires 30 days to heal naturally (Or 7 days with intensive healing session)

Matthew :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Philosophy +1 XP
Swimming +2 XP
Climbing +2 XP
Tracking +1 XP
Massage +1 XP
Hypnotism +2 XP
Auristics +3 XP
Wilderness Survival +3 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Saving A Drowning Girl
A Terrible Situation: Dead Weights
Sagitta: Girl From The Sky
Being Lost
Confidence Boost Through Hypnotism
A Ruined Altar
Myterious White Feather
Hope Persists

Consequences
Various Bruises and Cuts: Requires 30 days to heal naturally (Or 7 days with intensive healing session)

Notes :
Good thread, both of you! :D

Guys, you know what comes after this, right? |:) That's right! Balicani-jack! Har har harrr! :lol: :thumbsup:

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous