Closed [Sultros Blades] Punishing the Sinner

A chance encounter with the enemy of his enemy turns the night even more twisted than before.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sultros Blades] Punishing the Sinner

Postby Matthew on July 1st, 2013, 5:56 pm

She seemed completely distracted, though she hid it well. Matthew could see it in her eyes though. He himself was one to tell many a story through his bright blue eyes, and right now, hers were revealing plenty. Fire burned in those eyes, staring beyond Matthew to something distant. Was she related to Tobias in some way or shape? What had he done that would cause her to be so very angry? Or perhaps it was just what he had done to the girl at the Herald? No, it was definitely Tobias specifically. He briefly considered asking, but decided against it. It was her business, for now. He would only address it if it specifically became something that would hurt the mission. That did bring another thought to mind. If she knew Tobias, would Tobias know her? How would that effect things? Depending on how the meeting went, that might make it even better. If Tobias saw someone he knew, then he would be even more nervous his scheme might be found out. But, what could he do? He wouldn't be able to leave once they got in... that sort of thing wouldn't be accepted.

Her fingers extended to return the card to him, and he waved his hand. "Keep it, I have multiples. A business card, if you will. Even if you don't need any of my services, perhaps you will run into someone who does." He left whatever situation would call for a 'prostitute" business card up to her imagination.

When she asked why she was needed, he did not hesitate. "You shouldn't speak badly about yourself. You are perfectly pretty, just in a different way than the other ladies. am well known for bringing girls no one has ever heard of to parties. I need a partner to go with to fit in a little better, and now that you apparently are familiar with Tobias..." He paused a moment, eyes searching her downcast ones. "...you can help point him out to me, just to confirm. I want to make sure we target the right man. Note that I will need you to find an act to play when it comes to the two of us. We can be romantic lovers, awkward and new lovers, crafty lovers who are partners in crime, or sultry lovers. I don't particularly care which, as I have played many a lover." Oddly enough, his skill set was actually perfect for this sort of thing. "Of course, it is only business." His voice was cool and calculating again, and he set both hands on the counter, deciding to give her a little bit more information.

"Lastly. I use magic. Does this make you uncomfortable? Do you have any other questions before we shake on it?" He straight up admitted to using magic, blue eyes never glancing away. He knew it was a dangerous thing to admit here in Syliras. He thought it best that he be open with her, though.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on July 6th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Setting the card down upon the counter when he rejected its return the woman stared at him. Though she couldn't imagine who in her small circle would have need of a male prostitute it never hurt to keep a calling card. Besides, what is the point of a card if you cannot distribute it? She listened closely, nodding in acknowledgement every now and again. An eyebrow arched over one eye when he informed her they'd need a rouse. Petch. She was no actress. Her expression adopted a thoughtful visage as she wet her lips. His final statement regarding magic resulted in a loose shrug from her.

"Don't matter none to me,"
she replied quietly, with a small smile. "'Haps it'll do us some good if you can trick these folk into thinkin' I'm whate'er we pretend me to be."

Magic. Honestly, Hadyn didn't give a toss one way or another. Sure it was sketchy business and often left a foul taste in folks mouths. But the thought of over-due revenge on one Tobias Mordani kept the brunette engaged and unconcerned. She paused before speaking again. Should she give him her name? Did it really matter? He hadn't asked. Probably not entirely necessary considering this was a one shot deal.

"I'm only in this to identify the bastard," she warned, brown eyes sharp as they stared at him. "Nothin' more. I'll play along as long as needed. But I've got no skill in deception. An' I can't promise he won't recognize me."

The realization materialized as the words left her lips. Tobias would have no trouble recognizing Hadyn. But that was hardly the point. It's not like they'd had much in the way of interaction over the years. She couldn't recall the last time she'd seen his vile face, half convincing herself he'd petched off to Sunberth. Either way it didn't matter.

"How's it goin' to be then? I meet up with you, attend this thing, point him out then leave?" Hadyn frowned a moment, considering his earlier comments. "He's prone to violence. Lots of it if tickled right. Y'won't fair well not knowin' your way around a blade. You're more likely to outsmart him but," she took a breath, eyes instinctual dropping before meeting his once more. "He's more cunning than he looks. Y'say y'aren't a fighter. Well, best I stay with you through the thick of it then," she spoke as though she were coming to this conclusion just now, informing herself as well as him. "Make sure y'don't lose any blood for your trouble."

Hadyn extended her hand over the counter, brown eyes steady in their gaze. She'd made up her mind on the subject. It was for him to accept and give her the appropriate information she'd need. Gods know she'd never been to anything formal or even semi-formal. She was a working class girl, not a strumpet or arm candy. But she'd leave her comfort zone for stranger pastures when an opportunity like this presented itself.

"By the by,"
she added with a small grin. "What am I supposed to wear to this thing? Not these threads, I imagine. Don't need to stick out anymore than I already will bein' dressed like a smith."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Matthew on July 8th, 2013, 3:34 pm

He was having a really hard time understanding her sometimes, and he felt bad for it. He had to strain at certain words to fully interpret what she meant. He hadn't heard the accent much before, but then again, most of his time was spent in the company of people who yelled out all kinds of nonsense. He had long sense learned to only hear what mattered for his work, and tune out all the rest. He did his best though, eyes eternally focused on hers as his fingers spread out to support his leaning weight on the table. Would her accent be a problem? Probably not. Though most nobles and the like spoke very properly, that didn't mean they couldn't appreciate a unique accent. Some of the ladies may whisper and point behind her back, but he had a feeling that the blacksmith would be able to handle her own. When she mentioned using magic to trick the nobles into thinking she was what he wanted, he gave a tight-lipped smile, but was slightly against the idea. He would use his magic as subtly as he could where he could, but he didn't have the range or power to work his magic over a large group. That, and he wasn't comfortable with openly using his skills. Who knew if one of the Knights in the crowd would be someone who could see.

She spoke sharply and quickly, and he resisted the urge to raise his eyebrow again, actually delighting a bit that she knew the gentleman. It may be perfect, and this meeting might have been a complete and utter stroke of genius luck. "With the way you speak, I would say you have a colored history with Tobias. If this is the case, and your experience is anything like the current... your very presence will hold him hostage. What can he do? He wouldn't dare admit he knows you, for the story would come spilling out, and eyebrows would be raised. You are perfectly safe right in front of his nose."

He bite his lip, smiling, eyes glittering with temptation. "Delightful, isn't it? The potential to stand in front of him, stare into his eyes, punish him for his sins, and him not be able to do a single thing but tremble." Of course, it probably wouldn't be that easy. But hopefully, there would be that moment. That one moment.

As her hand extended, he took it, shaking firmly and releasing. "Oh no. We will be staying as long as the party lasts, and you will be staying with me. Can't have my date dump me midway through, can I? Don't worry. The Knights aren't too prone to violence in their midst, and it would be frowned upon in any games of skill that they are supposed to be having. Hopefully, the surroundings will protect us, and my wits will be able to match up to his. If not though, I am more than happy to have you by my side." He turned, then paused at her last question, a broad smile freshening his once-tired features. "Wear something that makes you feel attractive, and don't care about how it may look to anyone else. That is key. You need to feel confident. I can't make everyone accept you, but I can make you the most confident one in the room, and that means a lot. Do you need to meet with me before hand to go over the act, or do you work better if you are just thrown into the thick of things?" He tilted his head curiously, hand on the door to her business. "I can pick you up here, right as the sun dips down, if you will be off work."

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on July 22nd, 2013, 4:58 pm

Hadyn made no response to his observation. There'd be no hiding her knowledge of Tobias and she had no intention of pretending otherwise. She listened attentively to his reply, nodding every once in a while with acknowledgement. It was quite the rouse but she remained intrigued, if only for a selfish purpose. But it hardly mattered. They'd both get what they wanted from the endeavor. It was more of a business transaction. She watched him make ready to depart, still somewhat entranced by the whole affair to really consider the logistics.

"I'll follow your lead," she answered firmly with a slight smile. "I'll see y'then. As the sun dips."

Hadyn nodded a farewell, a voice in the back of her mind giving her only a moment's pause as she agreed to this adventure. It wasn't like her to jump headlong into a ploy that involved deception. But Matthew was quite persuasive and all she could do now was hope he was as smooth as he claimed. Watching the door close the weaponsmith released a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Turning away from entrance the woman licked her lips, muttering dryly to herself as she prepared to lock up the shop.

"Good luck talkin' your way out o' this one, Haddie."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Perplexity on August 14th, 2013, 12:13 am

Riddled With Rewards
Matthew

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Philosophy + 1 EXP
Observation + 3 EXP
Rhetoric +2 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP
Intelligence +2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
A New Sense of Justice
A Knife For Self-Defense(??)
Dangers of Silverware
The Scars You Cannot See
Hated Enemy: Tobias Mordani
A Midnight Pact: Conspiring Against Tobias

Hadyn Skellig

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Blacksmithing + 1 EXP
Weaponsmithing + 1 EXP
Observation + 2 EXP
Interrogation + 2 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP
Intelligence +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
The Difference Between High Syliran and Low Syliran
Moral Character: Belief in Right and Wrong
An Enemy of My Enemy: Matthew Wayne
Mental Fortitude: Dealing with Rage
Step 1…uh…what?
A Midnight Pact: Conspiring Against Tobias

Notes :
Ohhh…the plot thickens! If either you have questions regarding your grades feel free to PM me at your earliest convenience.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous