Completed [The Rearing Stallion] Another dream? Or Reality? (Septimus)

After having shared several dreams together over a couple months, Septimus and Viper actually bump into one another.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] Another dream? Or Reality? (Septimus)

Postby Viper on July 2nd, 2013, 1:15 am

Day 15, Summer

The road had been long and tiring. Without any current direction or goals in his life, Viper simply continued to roam Mizahar. He had thought to find some kind of closure or peace from his travels, but to really no avail. As time passed, he began to simply put past events behind him. What was done was done. What was lost, was lost forever. Time to start anew. A new start, a new life.

The outer wall and towers of the great city known as Syliras drew closer. But what kind of life could I start here? Why am I even here in the first place...? He frowned as these thoughts went through his mind. Perhaps it was the last few dreams he had had not that long ago that pushed him toward this city. Although the memory of the events in them had begun to fade, he couldn't help but feel they were driving him toward this place. With no real ambition or desire to do anything or go anywhere else presently, he simply pressed on. Who knows, maybe he could find something here that he could work with to jumpstart his new path in life.

Passing into the increasingly familiar city, he headed back to the tavern he had visited before. It didn't take him long before he finally arrived. The Rearing Stallion. Although the city itself was still just as confining and full of people as he remembered, the sight of the little tavern put a smile on his face. Something interesting always seemed to happen whenever he visited. Perhaps this would be the same. Or perhaps not. Either way, he needed a drink. It had been a long time since he had anything stronger than water....to long. And this was as good a place as any to get his new life started, though probably not the most productive.

Pushing the door open, he stepped inside and pulled down the mask covering the lower half of his face and glanced around. Oh good, he thought to himself. There was still a table relatively close to the fireplace left. He made is way over and took a seat with a heavy sigh. It wasn't long before one of the barmaids approached.

"Good evening sir and welcome to The Rearing Stallion Tavern. My name is Carmen, can I get you anything?" Came her quick, pleasant greeting.

With a nod and a friendly smile, he replied, "Aye. Can you get me a gallon of your dark beer please?" Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out four SM and handed it to her. "Of course. Comin' right up." She said cheerfully and soon returned with his order. He poured himself a glass and settled into his chair which he had positioned to be able to see the fire and the front door. He never did like having his back to it for some reason. "Well...here's to a new life. Let's see what happens next." He mumbled to himself under his breath as he downed half the glass before gazing into the burning embers of the warm fire.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 2nd, 2013, 4:33 am

The sun was beginning to sink below the horizon. Night was creeping in and the sky was turning to it's dark shade and stars were beginning to pop up. The streets of Syliras were growing slightly quieter. After a long and hard day, Septimus was beat.

A drink was all she needed. Just something to loosen herself up and relax her. Not nearly enough to get drunk and uncoordinated. She didn't think she would ever even think about getting to that point again. Especially not now considering she was alone and needed to make it back to the Squire's Dormitories.

When she walked in, she looked around though not long enough to notice anyone in particular. More likely for someone to notice her instead. She was six and a half foot tall thus, she kind of stood out. It was a poorly lit location either way. She headed straight for the bar, already ready to go back 'home' and sleep. She wanted to be ready for another day tomorrow. The tavern was filled with a low buzz of commotion. A commotion she seriously didn't plan on joining in on tonight unless something close to a miracle happened.

Septimus put her head down, resting it on her hands. She put her left thumb on her temple and her index and middle finger on her other temple. She kept her gaze there, tracing the bar top with her finger. Only when the busy barmaid approached her did she look up. Septimus gave a short smile as the woman introduced herself and apologized for the wait. Septimus didn't even both to remember her name.

"It's no problem. I'll take one mug of beer please." Septimus passed up 2 silver mizas then sighed as the barmaid disappeared. She then proceeded to look up and around the tavern. Her eyes not lingering on anyone in particular. She would sometimes just even gaze into the fire just thinking.

Her eyes did wander however, to an individual that seemed so familiar. She just couldn't put her finger on it. Was it back in Riverfall? Had she passed him on the streets of Syliras? Didn't he have a name that was reminiscent of a serpent? Cobra? No, uh, boa, constr- copperhead... Damn it! Viper! Hee eyebrows drew together tightly trying to remember what it was, but then her eyes widened and she quickly turned around. It was a dream! It was a petching dream! That's- no, it was two dreams!!! Two petching dreams! The same damn person! How in the Void!?!

The same hair, the same eyes, the same posture. It was all the same. The barmaid put the mug of beer down in front of her and Septimus simply stared at it. Was this what she had chugged down before? She couldn't remember. Her thoughts were elsewhere. Her thoughts were on the fact that there was some person who she had met in a damn dream sitting right over from her.

She quickly took a drink of the alcoholic beverage, instantly feeling warm as it went down her throat. Septimus had to be seeing things. She was tired and had to be seeing a mirage of sorts. Right? That had to be it!
"Talk"
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Viper on July 2nd, 2013, 5:42 am

Viper's focus had become lost in the constant dancing of the flames. He had only half noticed the sound of the front door opening, signaling the arrival of a newcomer. He didn't even look up at first, instead simply swirling the contents of his glass lightly and watching the bubbles rise. Breaking his seeming trance, Viper took another sip as he casually glanced around once again to see who the newcomer happened to be.

It didn't take long to locate the person, as she had quite the imposing figure, especially for a woman. The squire's uniform only added to the effect. Suddenly something began to gnaw at the back of his mind as he watched her for a brief moment, taking a drink of her beer. Seemingly agitated by something from the way she grabbed her glass and began to drink. Not wishing to get involved in anyone else's apparent problem, he shrugged it off and began to return his gaze to the fire. Her silhouette though taunted his memory.

A frown took over his expression as he began to think more. Come on...what is it? He glanced over again trying to see her face, but in vain. She had turned away from him, from her body language, still looking quite tense. Slightly disappointed, he turned back to the fire and sipped at his beer when it hit him like a ton of bricks. Tense...tall..blonde hair, squire uniform, that sword!

Almost instantly, images flashed through his mind with lightning speed. Him aiming his bow at her, trying to deduce whether she was friend or foe. Next image with her being a horse and them jumping a chasm fleeing for their lives from some abomination straight out of the void. Next image, them fighting side by side against a horde of enemies to the death rather than submitting to turning on each other. Next more a feeling...a terribly feeling of shame and guilt of fleeing an arena after she gave her life for him. Next image, her ghostly figure appearing to him in the wild. Her warm smile and pleasant laugh as they talked about Syliras and other topics around a fire.

Coming out of the flashback, he nearly choked on his beer. Septimus!? But...how could this be!? Wasn't it just a dream? Well of course it was a dream...but then, how could she be real? He glanced at his beer a moment wondering if there was something funny in it. Perhaps he was just going nuts....Shaking his head, he set his glass down at looked yet again at her turned figure.

He couldn't help but let a small smile begin to tug at the corners of his mouth before returning to his original position. So she did really exist. Not only that, but she was still alive! His thoughts quickly drifted to what he should do. Should he do anything? Would she even remember him, if he made himself known? Well shyke. Why I am even thinking about this? He suddenly realized. Am I really going to let the opportunity see this woman in person slip away? But what does one say to a person he has sort met, and even fought with...but only in a dream?

Grabbing what was left of his beer once more, he walked over to the bar and leaned up against it. Staying a few feet away so as not to be imposing, he looked to the back wall and chuckled lightly. "Well god dang Septimus....is that really you?" His tone was warm and friendly. Only when he could see her turn back toward him from the corner of his eye would he actually turn as well to fully face her.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Another swig of the beer went down her throat. She shook her head for she surely must be hallucinating. Hallucinating or seeing things one. What was it people say? Pinch me, I must be dreaming? Septimus pinched herself just to be sure. She wasn't dreaming and she wasn't hallucinating. "Ma'am, please bring me a meal too." The barmaid nodded and Septimus shook her head again, blinking twice.

Surely I must- holy shyke, no I am not. Septimus turned to Viper, extremely confused on what to do. They had met in a dream and Septimus had given her life so he could live. It was like they were friends but at the same time, they were still complete strangers. Septimus didn't know if she should hug his neck, shake his hand, or just continue to stare astonished. What exactly did one do when they met someone who they had fought with, died for, and yet, it had all been a dream? It was a dream obviously shared by both of them.

"Holy shyke..." Her ethereal, sapphire eyes locked onto his. She was pretty speechless. Holy petching shyke... A smile tugged at her lips and she hesitated to speak. "Either I got drunk a heck of a lot quicker than expected or this is actually real. It's nice to see you in a not so dead state!" In either way, it was a relief not to no longer be a ghost. Or getting attacked by demon dogs or whatever you wanted to call them.

"Good times, haha." She took another swallow of her beer, then looking into the cup, tried to figure out the color. It was pale beer. It had a weird taste but a weird in a way that she liked it. She wiped off her mouth with her arm then sighed. Never had she thought that she would enter a bar for a drink. "Why don't you sit down instead of standing? We've got a lot to talk about."
"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Viper on July 2nd, 2013, 11:59 pm

Septimus wrote:"Either I got drunk a heck of a lot quicker than expected or this is actually real. It's nice to see you in a not so dead state!"

Viper couldn't help but laugh. Well thank the gods he wasn't the only one that remembered the dreams. It sure would have been awkward if she had nooo idea who he was. He actually really wanted to give her a hug, as he would any other friend whom he hadn't seen in a long time. But as she made no move to, he reluctantly checked himself as well. Though there may have been a slightly forward movement for a fraction of a second as he started to. She was probably right....technically they hadn't even really met yet. And yet they both seemed to be feeling the same sense of familiarity. What strange games these were that the gods played on them and their dreams. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking the exact same thing. Actually I think I did take a glance at my beer wondering if I had been drugged."

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he stared into her beautiful blue eyes. "And yes, it's wonderful to actually see you alive, well, and with both of us in one piece." A thought suddenly occurred to him that this was really the first time he was getting to see her unscathed. Not covered in cuts, bruises, and blood. His earlier suspicions in the dream had been correct after all. She was a fine looking women indeed. And yet, it was her spirited personality that he was most pleased with having not changed.

A mischievous looked flashed in his eyes as he smiled while gritting his teeth lightly. "Though I still think I need to kick the crap out of you for taking the fall for me in that last battle!" He nudged her shoulder gently with his fist in a joking manner. "We were a team and we were supposed to bust out of there together. Then you had to go and take the glory and be the hero!" He laughed a bit as he remembered the dream. It truly was an ironic thing. Viper could totally feel the shame of leaving her behind. The regret of losing her. And yet now, with her standing right there in front of him in the flesh. It almost seemed nothing more than a good tale of daring, adventure, and courage. Yet, as much as it was "nothing more than a dream", he respected her greatly having learned what she most likely would have done had the situation been a reality and not just some dream.

"Anyway, I get the next one ok!?" He finished with a friendly smile.

Septimus wrote:"Why don't you sit down instead of standing? We've got a lot to talk about."

"Well..." He started, gesturing back to the table he had been sitting at. "I do happen to have a gallon of dark beer over at the table by the fire that I don't think I can finish on my own right now. Would you care to take this conversation over there? Or do you prefer the bar?"
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 3rd, 2013, 2:35 am

"Glad I wasn't the only one." Septimus shared a laugh, still half shocked that this man that she had forgotten was indeed alive. "You know what? Petch it!" Septimus hugged him much like she would a long lost friend. Well, that's sort of what he was; long lost friend.

"Likewise. I don't think it's much about the cuts and bruises, however. Just the fact that neither one of us aren't dead, eh?" Septimus chuckled then took another small sip of her drink. The dream was vague now, but she could remember the setting and certain details. Especially their wounds, but hers especially. She had 'felt' them.

Viper spoke of it and Septimus chuckled and shook her head, an eyebrow cocked and a smirk growing on her face. "Well if you think you could take me, Mr. Viper, then I suppose we'll have to settle that some other time." She winked at him then laughed again, only to take another drink of her beer. "How was I the hero? I died!" Another chuckle escaped her lips then she rolled her eyes at his remark about getting the next one.

How many drinks did it take to get uncoordinated last time? Septimus nodded then flagged down the barmaid again "Whenever my food comes, please bring it to that table." The barmaid nodded then Septimus stood up to follow Viper back to his table. "Just bear in mind, I've got to make it back to the Dormitories alone. I'm still trying to establish my limit here."

Septimus was trying to establish her limit. The more she could gradually intake the more she could get her blood used to it. The more it would take to make her vulnerable. Plus, she was beginning to see it as a small way to relax slightly. She had saw what it could do, however. It could pounce on you like a cat with a chicken and hit you unexpectedly. This is why she was monitoring it carefully.

"So what brings you to Syliras? Me in my ghost form?" Septimus pulled a seat out from the table and sat down with a sigh and a slight chuckle. He looked the same as in the dream. Just less dirtier and less... blood covered. She was still somewhat kind of shocked.
"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Viper on July 3rd, 2013, 4:41 am

Viper was only slightly taken by surprise when she suddenly declared her decision to not worry about a hug. His hands stalled in mid air for just a moment as she wrapped her arms around him, before he likewise did the same and returned her hug with a soft chuckle. The gesture was surprisingly gratifying. It sort of confirmed for some reason in his mind that this really was real. She hadn't died, and they actually had a chance to get to know each other and continue their unlikely friendship away from the nightmare they shared.

Septimus wrote:Viper spoke of it and Septimus chuckled and shook her head, an eyebrow cocked and a smirk growing on her face. "Well if you think you could take me, Mr. Viper, then I suppose we'll have to settle that some other time." She winked at him then laughed again, only to take another drink of her beer.

Viper noticeably winced as if suddenly pained. "Oh, oh, oh. Septimus please! "Mr." is what my father goes by. And you can call me by my actual name Aaden if you wish. Though whichever your preference is, is fine by me." He finished with his own wink to her and a playful smile. "As for your proposal, any time anywhere darlin'! Granted you MAY, win. But let nobody say I won't at least try." He finished with a laugh.

Septimus wrote:"How was I the hero? I died!"

"What do you mean? How many "live" heroes do you see walking around? Generally speaking giving your life for someone tends to be a heroic deed." A mischievous smirk flashed across his face though. "But! The fact that YOU died..." He said while pointing a finger at her in an exaggerative manner. "...and I survived that final battle, gives me some encouragement to besting you later on!" He finished in a sort of snooty, mocking tone. Though it was obvious it was all in good fun.

As they walked back to his original table, he paused for a moment as an eyebrow raised. "What's this now? Now don't tell me the fearsome Septimus is a lightweight!? This is just something I cannot believe!" He laughed as they took there seats. "And here I half expected you to be able to drink me under the table!" He refreshed her glass with some of the dark brew from the tavern before doing the same for his glass. "Well don't worry darlin'. I'll make sure you don't get wasted and can make it back home safe and sound. Still I hope you don't mind if we can celebrate a bit." Holding his glass up to her with a continued warm smile, he continued. "To you Septimus, and unexpected reunions of seemingly lost friends." He quickly took a large gulp of his drink.

Septimus wrote:"So what brings you to Syliras? Me in my ghost form?"

He let out laugh as he tried to figure how to reply. Technically she was in a way right. Though it was more so because he had no where else to go. And it was the only factor swaying him toward any destination in particular. Still he wasn't about to admit that. "Well aren't we just full of ourselves tonight?" He said followed with another laugh. "Actually I had been in Zeltiva last season and had already begun heading this direction when we had our first dream together." Looking into her eyes as the firelight danced across her face, he took another drink of his beer as he decided on whether to say the next comment or not.

"Though...if you must know. I had wondered after that last dream if I would actually run into you here. Hadn't given it much thought for a while though. So that's why I was more than a little stunned to actually see you." Settling into his chair he pondered. "As for my reason for being here...I have none really. Sort of wondering Mizahar right now trying to decide what I wish to do with my life. You could say the gods have not been kind. Still just trying to see what turns up and hope for the best."

"And how about you? What have you been up to? Anything interesting going on around here requiring your particular skill set?"
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 3rd, 2013, 9:34 pm

"Haha, you certainly wouldn't be the first guy that I have put on their ass." Septimus chuckled at the thought. She had come a long way from being that defenseless little foal or child. Whichever you chose to see her as. She was a tiny creature at the start with little muscle, little defense, and little intimidation. Now, she had a decent muscle tone, several forms of defense (still honing those), and several ways of intimidation depending upon her actions and form, she supposed.

Then he spoke of besting her and Septimus chortled "Oh woah there! Those are fighting words! Tomorrow at the Pit then?" Septimus scratched her head with a grin then took another drink of her beer. It was like all she was doing lately was challenging people, training and patrolling; she liked it. She was expanding her knowledge of different fighting techniques and increasing her knowledge of how to deal with different weapon types. It was a long time coming, it was a useful time coming.

Commenting on her drinking abilities made Septimus almost choke on the beer she was drinking now. She cleared her throat then looked at Viper and swallowed with eyebrows raised and a laugh to follow "Hey, I'm working on it! And I never said I couldn't handle a few drinks. I think five was what I hit last time before I couldn't walk straight. Don't laugh." It was something she was working on.

A toast was in order and Septimus nodded and raised her glass slightly, only to take another drink. Her glass was beginning to get low and she swished it around in the bottom a bit with a sigh. She rubbed her eyes with her right hand. He spoke of what she was doing here and she chuckled, tapping the hilt of her broadsword.

"Let's see, what have I been up to? Patrolling, training, and attempting to kick ass. Oh, and planning on what the Void I'm gonna do if I catch whoever the petch has been screwing with Syliras. Boils my blood every damn time, I swear." She drunk the last few bits of her beer then sat the empty glass down infront of her. "That's one!"

The waiter came out with Septimus' meal and sat it down infront of her with a quick smile. A glass of water had also been brought and was sat beside the plate. Much to her displeasure, it was meat. She had never tasted meat before, let alone even thought about diving into it. Her horse instincts had always had her steer clear of it. On the other hand, her human side was beginning to combat it. It was a large source of energy and she needed it.

Septimus looked at it for a few seconds, contemplating on whether she should try it or let it waste. It was a waste of money and it would be a waste of food that could go to some hungry child. She wouldn't let it rot. With a sigh, she looked at her sides. A potato and some greens with a few nuts. She grabbed her silverware then began to cut into the slab of meat. A small bite, just to try it. "Meat. Never had it."
"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Viper on July 3rd, 2013, 11:19 pm

He laughed at her challenge. In truth, Viper knew he didn't stand a chance. If he could use his bow....maybe. But in hand to hand, or even with swords, he knew she was going to show him a thing or two. "Well I should probably be checking to see what kind of employment a rough riding hunter can scrounge up around here. But shyke..." He shrugged with a grin. "Why not? I guess I can be your punching bag for a little while."

After listening to her remark on her current drinking abilities, he managed to stifle a laugh. "Well that's good to hear. Tell ya what, you teach me the sword, and I can help ya practice how to hold your liquor. Deal?" He made the comment sort of offhanded. Not being sure how long he really planned to stay in Syliras. Course actually having a friend in town would probably make him content enough to stay more than just a day or two.

He downed his beer and smirked. "Two! Looks like you got some catching up to do squire." He jested as he began to refill both their glasses again. As he poured though, his smirk gave way to a look of concern. "What do you mean though about someone screwing with Syliras? I thought this place was one of the most secure in the continent... Who would dare do anything here?" Setting the pitcher down, he picked up his glass and took a sip as he listened to her explain the situation after she tried her dinner.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 4th, 2013, 3:59 am

"We have a deal then." In the end, it would perhaps be in the benefit for both of them. Septimus would be teaching Viper how to use a sword the right way, all the while receiving training herself. She would also be learning how to hold her own while drinking. She noticed that being able to consume so many amounts of drinks was something kind of like a rite of passage for most people. Septimus assumed it was something to do with pride as well; something she just so happened to have slightly budding in herself.

Then he asked of the situation in Syliras. Septimus shrugged with a sigh and sat the piece of meat on the fork back down on her plate. "It still is, pretty much. But let's just say, somebody's got nerve. And whoever the Void it is, is gonna their nerves wrapped around their neck and hung with 'em. But things are fine. Just not... stable, if that makes any sense." Once again, anger was welling up in her chest.

She took a sip of the new beer; dark beer. It had a different taste to it... Septimus wasn't particular fond of it. But much like the ale she had previously drunk, she supposed it would take some getting used to as well. Everything deserved a chance and a second drink of this dark beer wouldn't particularly hurt anybody.

First, however, she needed to try and enjoy this meal. She finally swallowed the decision of whether or not she was going to eat it or not and put the meat in her mouth. Instantly, she was met with an amazing taste that coated her entire mouth and the juice from it hugged her tongue. She found herself going for more and soon enough, she took another drink of her beer. She was trying to recall hadn't Xuphim said something about food keeping you stable when drinking?

"So what kind of sword do you use? Or plan to use? What's your form of defense now?" Perhaps she could try and recognize it before she was met with it blade to blade, maybe.
"Talk"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next