Chains of Beauty

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Chains of Beauty

Postby Ophelia Ackina on July 5th, 2013, 6:14 am

Chains of Beauty

Business Type: Goods

Items sold:
Base Price
  • Human 550gm
  • Human Subrace (Vantha, Benshira, Inarta, Drykas, Svefra) +50-75gm to human price
  • Chaktawe 575gm
  • Eypharian 800gm
  • Kelvic 650 - 1,000gm

Prices will fluctuate depending on the seasonal whims of the dynasty families.

Base income: Shopkeeper, 4gm/day
Skills bonus: Competent Negotiation
Income: 6gm/day
Employees Groomer (Ackina Slave, .5gm/day seasonal expenses), Mercenary (Slaver, Basic Missions, Freeborn, 2gm/day)
Total income: 3.5gm/day

Assets:
  • 3 Kelvic Slaves (Bred in Ackina Plantation) 0gm
  • Subtract 25% for buying all rooms at once
  • 1/8th Acre with garden & tall, ornate fencing 175gm
  • Common Area, Simple 250gm
  • Office, Simple 200gm
  • Bath, Simple 200gm
  • Servants Quarters 400gm
  • Construction Materials for 2nd Story, Wood 800gm
    total: 1518.75
  • Fireplace 15gm
  • Couch, fine 20gm
  • Arm Chair, fine x2 40gm
  • Chair, fine x2 5gm
  • Mirror, Small Steel x3 30gm
  • End Table 2gm
  • Collar, kelvic (iron) x3 30gm
  • 8lbs Soap 4gm
  • 1lb Cosmetics, Common 1gm 6sm
  • Toolkit, grooming 30gm
  • Manacles x4 60gm
  • Wash Basin, fine x2 20gm
  • Fabric, fine x10 sq yards 100gm
  • Perfume, common x10 oz 10gm

Debt: 1886.35gm owed to Ackina Plantation
Last edited by Ophelia Ackina on August 19th, 2013, 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ophelia Ackina
the essence of excess

Words: 1696
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Chains of Beauty

Postby Gillar on August 18th, 2013, 10:01 am

Howdy,

I have a few questions regarding this business plan.

First, as you think about your business and how it will all piece together and work out, you need to ask yourself a few things. How and where exactly are you going to acquire all of these slaves? How many do you plan on keeping at one time? In order to operate a consistent business that deals in slaves, you would need a hefty supply of every type in order to meet whatever demand their may be. Who is the one acquiring these slaves for you? Are you doing it or are you paying someone else? If these slaves are of exceptional beauty and/or skill, how are you able to keep the skilled ones enslaved? I would imagine a Symenstra would not be an easy thing to handle what with the poison and all. A Kelvic would be a handful depending on the type of animal. An isur would snap any chains with a flick of their wrist. Dhani would be another difficult one to handle as well. That is just the racial issues since, depending on skill type, highly skilled individuals would be less tolerating of slavery.

This brings us to the idea of gnosis. Slaves with gnosis, while theoretically quite useful, can be extremely dangerous even if not directly. Also, a god who has taken interest in an individual may not be particularly pleased at having their faithful follower enslaved. This could bring you almost a dozen negative marks from angry gods.

If you wish to be involved in slaving, I would contact the Kenash storyteller(s) and find out more on how slavery works in Kenash and revisit the business plan idea then.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Chains of Beauty

Postby Ophelia Ackina on August 19th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Alright, I changed a lot of stuff, including removing the gnosis marks and cutting down on the races a ton, with the help of Banickle. I hope I addressed all the issues, but if I didn't, I can still change it.
Ophelia Ackina
the essence of excess

Words: 1696
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Chains of Beauty

Postby Gillar on August 25th, 2013, 9:02 am

Approved with the following notations:

This is looking quite a bit more workable. The only thing left that I would like to see added as well as notated in the final location thread is something addressing general skill level of the available slaves (this can be generic) as well as quantity of various races available. For example, with the staff you have on hand, I can see being able to maintain a handful of the listed slaves each season. Maybe a two or three different humans (subraces included), a Eypharian and a handful of Kelvic; maybe 3 or 4 in any once season.

Now, the examples above would apply to PCs who may purchase from you. Backstory wise regarding sales to NPCs, you may very well have more and sell more which would be reflected in your seasonal income. The reason why I mention restrictions on the number of slaves and their types that can be sold to PCs is that it would offer you a chance to change things up a bit each season. Maybe you have a "Special" of sorts where you offer a particularly unique slave or two each season. You could develop some interesting quirks for these slaves in thread which could help go toward your seasonal job thread requirement. It would help you build your skills, make your slaves more appealing to PCs which in turn brings you more money. You would be able to keep your shop location thread prominent and interesting as well. It also addresses the fact that as a starting character with a new business, you won't be at your peak business capacity right from the beginning. It leaves you room to grow, adapt and adjust.

Also, all of your specific slaves that you wish to sell must go through the same rules of NPC acquisition as any other NPC even though you are offering them for sale. So I suggest you take a look at the NPC entry in the Lore for more information. It will also give you an idea of the type of skills to assign to your slaves.

I personally like the idea you have going and I think you can do a lot with it especially if you go the route of changing things up each season. Keep in mind though that unless you sell a particular NPC to a PC, you will still have that slave in the next season which could affect any future approval of more slaves. The idea is to get people to buy your slaves os that you can afford to bring in more. The more money you get each season, the more you can afford to hire better mercs/slavers, more staff to tend to them and in turn more slaves on hand.

Business Plan Disclaimer: As with all business plans, I am just approving the plan itself. Final approval of the business and any NPCs is separate from the approval of the business plan.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)