Method Acting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Method Acting

Postby Miro on July 9th, 2013, 2:15 am

66th day of Summer, 513 AV

Whether the Reimancer ever truly acknowledged it, in his head there was always a process going. A system of judging and evaluating the world around him, or more accurately, the people of the world. Observing their actions, the reactions to those actions, finding cause in their operations. What drove society, and how one should behave. It was something originally done to adjust from life in the wilderness, but in the wizard's twisted mind, this had developed into something more. As all did, Miro had wants, needs, and unlike most, he had the means to getting them. And few restrictions in morality to prevent him from taking every avenue to getting his way. In essence, the childish undead was nothing but a liar. A lie in essence, A cheat, one who's very morals were clay.

One must realize, as a child, it was all he knew to adopt the ways of others. A life where all he knew was freedom within the restrictions of magical discipline had conditioned him in a very peculiar way. A child who must be on his best behavior often lets loose after having his reins loosened, and the Reimancer was no exception. His mother was very strict, but also very loving. She knew a duty that she never spoke of, her own burden to bear, and the reminder of it was her son. That reminder of a troubled past was also that of her happiness. She taught him of magic, trained him with the harshest of disciplines, but would always allow him to live as a child would. Arguably it spoiled the child beyond repair. For she told herself, "He must be a child sometime", but he was and always would be a wizard. And the qualities of a child and of a wizard are ones that do not mix. Eventually the cloud of love lead to her death. The last of the hard lessons her child never forgot to teach her. However she still had much to teach him before passing.

And though Miro was left without mother, Lhex would not let him join her. Her lessons had stuck, though his ways were set. A Human man found and guided the boy on his way, giving him his first encounter with the world outside his forest. This man, Kinneas, he was one who upheld a strict discipline, and he worked to further develop the child. He saw the faults in him, respected and feared the gifted child, and worked to tame his whimsical and mischievous nature. The man was one marked by Wysar, and there could be none better to preach of discipline. A strong bond was formed, and the child wizard grew to become a young man under this tutelage. Still a child of the wilds, the wizard now grew to respect balance. He learned to hold a stern composition with a light heart. But truly it only taught him how to mask his nature, never truly ridding him of it.

As the child arrived in the setting of a city, he became fascinated to obsession. Each wizard in his own had a drive. The Reimancer's was that of adventure and excitement. He found excitement in stories, tales of man and god alike who accomplished great things. So much that even a child alone in the forest knew of their names. All his life he looked forward to meeting noteworthy people, excelling enough to gain attention from gods, and to inspire the masses to spread his name. The first city he arrived in, Alvadas, it was a city of performance. The wizard aspired to gain fame, but in the end only lost his beloved friend, among other things. He gained a burden and taint on his very soul, and a reconstruction of his body and mind. No longer was he himself, but he had witnessed a god with his own eyes. The attention came with a price, immortality and servitude.

The immortal reanimation Drysalla had killed him, or come damn near to it, when Uldr presented himself. A deal to save his life was made, and the chains of unlife were placed around his neck. His body was restructured, a manly vessel, one with enhanced capabilities. But his mind was tainted with irresistible desires, ones that played on his lesser qualities. A desire to gain power and assert dominance on the people around him. The consequence of such desires became apparent quite immediately. Miro was unable to resist stealing an artifact and cursing himself with what he wished to be "power", but instead was anything but. The spoiled remains of Drysalla were sealed within his body, and his mind was further tainted. His every waking thought and action observed by the blackened taint in his left arm.

After that, Miro grew quite tired of Ionu's trickery and left the city. It had taken the things the wizard held most dear to himself, and he feared any longer and the rest of him would be lost. Onward he sailed, his destination Zeltiva. In this city, he found a sophisticated society that was quite advanced. A beautiful city full of brave sailors and wise scholars. Above all they respected those with money and class. So the wizard played the part, and he managed to get the attention of a very important figure. The Nuit Alchemist Rayage. And it was this man who lead him to accept a very important mission for the city of Zeltiva, and of course Miro's duty to serve the city for his appearance that caused his departure. A quest to Sahova, the Undead Isle, where Lhex would deliver them next.

In Sahova, the magnificent city it was, magical talent was respected. Though, it was not duly respected, at least in some cases. The most important of cases, if any were to ask Miro. He had found that those who practiced the personal disciplines, even if mastering them beyond all else, were not given due respect. He remained an enigma, an outcast nobody in the eyes of the Nuit. All except Rayage and his new companion, Vick. Still, he was dead set in his goal to rise through the ranks of the Sahovan hierarchy and gain dominance and power enough that he might further gain Uldr's favor. It was this that lead him to accept yet another mission, one given to Rayage by QIao, a very powerful figure in undead politics. It was this that lead him to Ravok, and the start of the most recent chapter in his history.

All of this brought him into to this very moment. Finally he had arrived in the glorious settlement, and currently he stood on the main docks of the city, fresh off the ferry. He had already started in on his observations, though there was not yet any act being developed. In times like these he found himself compelled to remain out of sight. It was risky to make the wrong impression. Especially when first impressions were so important. With a face like his, always concealed behind a mask, none would forget it. The Mask of Many never left his face, and from now on would be his face. A shame, for he found himself so handsome, and the thing was quite ugly. It was quite unsettling for most. He raised the his hood and followed a man who seemed to know where to go off the docks. This man gave the impression of being familiar with the place, so he would be observed and imitated.

The odd thing about the city was all of the water within it. It seemed inconvenient for travel, though it was not like the undead knew where to go. Where one might want to go. Where Forus had gone. Why did the Nuit wizard choose Ravok? That was the important question. There was something about the city that was appealing. Only just passing through Sunberth, it was easy to know that hot goods could be moved and rewarded quite easily. Likely with more ease and more money too. Certainly it was the closest city to the Isle. Perhaps it was too likely, too easy, or he wasn't welcome. Or maybe he was after something more than money. There was something about Ravok that Sunberth didn't have, and it was up to Miro to find out.

All of that would come later though. For now he needed to find how to get around. A new city was a mystery, the locations, the people, all foreign. Despite knowing his goal, the wizard had dropped the ball on gathering information on his new environment. He knew surprisingly little. If he was going to do his job, it would be an important task. It was likely he would not even catch a scent on Forus for some time. He hadn't time to worry now. There was a man to follow, and he was getting on one of the many elegant boats. Miro had never seen anything like them, and it was quite a curious sight. They moved by use of long poles and took passengers from place to place. A man was getting off here, rushing to catch the ferry on its way to leave. He gave a tip to the pilot of the boat before rushing off. With all of that going on The Reimancer had almost lost sight of his target.

The man being followed was boarding one of the interesting boats, and the wizard could not just board it as well and follow. It was just as well, for he learned enough to get around. All of the rush for nothing, it seemed. At least he knew travel by boat seemed regular here. The Chained One raised his staff and waved it in attempt to yield a boat. One of them took notice and maneuvered himself over. Miro stepped onto the vessel and took a seat. He set his staff down by him and cleared his throat. "Excuse me, sir, I am new to the city. I would be interested in paying you, if you would, ya know, help me out. I need a tour of the city. Maybe you could teach me what I need to know, what I need to do, about the city. I know nothing of Ravok, and I am fresh off the ferry. A lesson on Ravok would be a great service."

Miro spoke with a sincere tone to his voice, but the Ravosalaman did not look pleased to hear it. He almost looked worried at the patron who had boarded. It was slightly alarming, but who could blame him. He had chosen to let a freak with a mask on his nice boat. A bit of buyer's remorse was allowed. To ease that, the wizard built Djed in his throat. A Hypnotism spell was channeled through his voice, an emotional response of relaxation. "You know, that is a lot to ask of you," he ceased the flow of magic. "It would keep you from taking business from others too, so that should be taken into consideration as well. I would be very grateful to you, and inclined to show it. Something like that is almost invaluable, coming from somebody so used to traversing the city. How does ten gold-rimmed Miza sound for your service?" The man hesitated for a moment, with a thoughtful scowl. It was often true, things that sounded too good often were. In Ravok, mistakes as such could be deadly.

Though to the wizard this was a sign his price was not quite right. He immediately took a defensive tone and upped the ante. Another spell was flown through the Hypnotist's voice, this time a suggestion. The message, "The tour is worth it." He began speaking charmed words. "Oh, wait, did I say ten? Fifteen sounds better. Much better, don't you think?" He reached into his cloak and retrieved his coin purse and fetched out the sum and handed it to the man. "You can have it now, because I trust you will do right by me. Thank you for your service." The Reimancer gave a quick chuckle and pushed his hair back. "My name is Miro, and I am fresh in from Nyka. Already I am quite enchanted by this city." The man eagerly snatched the coins, yet still his eyes held a tinge of caution. "Alright, it is a deal. My name is Renzy. A pleasure. I do hope you don't mind if I make this quick. I will still be thorough though."

Renzy started in, his words quite rapid, though his tone rather passive. "Okay, let's start with where you just came from, the Southern Trading Post. Or just the Post. You'll pass through there to enter or leave, and there are a few places you might visit on the shore of the city. The Bazaar, where you can find some food, or Malfazar's, a little tavern where you might find a drink after hunting. I suspect you already saw the stables, so there is that. But besides that, there isn't all that much to be mentioned of there. However once you cross on the ferry, you find yourself here, the Docks. You catch all of that?" Miro blinked a few times, trying to process it all. He gave a nod, "I think so, please continue"

A smirk grew on Renzy's face. He began to push them forth with his pole and continued on speaking. His hastened speaking pace for a moment was broken, being replaced by something more relaxed. "Right on," he started, but quickly picked up pace again. "Okay, so the Docks are where Ravok starts. There are two main plazas in the Docks. The Nitrozian Plaza, and the Plaza of Dark Delights. The Nitrozian Plaza has a lot of taverns, shops, and housing units as well. If you are looking to get a unit, you should visit the NHC. The shipyard is also in the Nitrozian, if you even care. If for now you are just looking to rent a room, maybe visit Tarsin's Boarding House. For supplies, there's Odds and Ends. It is a little shabby, but some don't mind that. And that is pretty much it for the Nitrozian. However, the Dark Delight, well, that has something different to offer entirely. Some are well acquainted with it, and others prefer to avoid it. Myself, I don't mind so much. If there is Miza to be made, I am making it. And if there are pleasure to be had, trust me, I am there."

The undead was taking in a lot of information, though not all of it was so relevant. Choice bits were committed to memory and others were let go. All in all though, the man was earning his fee, and it was all very interesting. Ravok sure did have a lot that needed explaining though. "Alright, I understand. I tend not to mind much myself. You won't find me avoiding any areas. Go on, please." Renzy gave a nod as he pushed them along with the pole. The ride through the channels was quite relaxing. "The Dark Delight is not the place to cause trouble, and is home to some of the, as you may have guessed, darker services. The Slave Market, Black Tar's Alchemy, Tine's Exotics, where you can find a little of this, a little of that, and some good brothels. The House of Immortal Pleasures is highly recommended. You can definitely find something you fancy, and it's damn classy too. Just watch out if you catch a guy eyeing you at the bar."

The Ravosalaman heaved a sigh and continued to push them on. "Were about out of the Docks now. Oh, and I almost forgot, the Spot is usually floating about the Docks as well. If you are looking for work, that is the place to find it. Next we find ourselves at the next section inward. Each section is a sort of ring going towards the center. The outer rim was the Docks, and this is the Merchant's Ring. Next is the Noble District, then the City Center. The closer towards the center one goes, the higher up in status the people living there are. A bit of a class difference. You as an outsider, you should stay near the docks, unless you got reason to be anywhere else. People will not be pleased to see you wandering around the Noble District aimlessly." In his eyes there was a look of disdain. He was indeed weary of Miro, and it was dawning on the wizard that outsiders were not well accepted. Still, it would not shake him up. "I understand entirely. I am not looking to make trouble."

Renzy turned back and continued on propelling them forward. "The Merchant's Ring is home to many shops and warehouses. If you want some decent clothes, there is Maven's. If you need a blade or some hide on your back, the Defiled Blade will suit you up. For food you can go to the People's Market. Stop by the Spicy Lass if you you are the cooking type. And there are some other services as well. Jester's if you are a performer, Trigol's if you need tools, Gemmei's for engravings. There is a shop for everything here. If you need it done or sold, you can pay to make it so. Anything too hot or cold to be found here is likely to be in the Dark Delight. It will be a while 'for we are through here and onto the Noble District, so give me a moment and I'll explain what it has to offer. Though really, I doubt you'll have any business there."

Miro nodded again, though the man would not see. Still, he felt compelled to acknowledge him, yet was cautious not to bother him too much. There was a weird atmosphere of upon the boat. It was obvious the man was making an effort to remain civil, yet even still, his true feelings slipped past the facade. "Ender, what do you think? The city is pretty amazing, don't you agree? Though, Renzy seems almost hostile towards me. I have been nothing but charming. It took a push and a shove to get him to even tour me around. Seems newcomers aren't so welcome, or I have pressed raw flesh. Maybe he made me for a wizard. Maybe it is the Mask of Many on my face instead. If that were the case though, I do not think he would have let me board. Could it even be that he has noticed I am undead? Naw, couldn't be. Undead do not visit bars or brothels, and he has made plenty mention of both. Your take?"

Again, the Irylid had been enjoying silence, a peaceful ride, and even the tour itself. He was just as curious as his master as to what Ravok had in store. Anything was better than Sahova. That place was filled with crazy and power, and all of it was a bad influence on Miro. It pushed him in a dangerous direction, and more than that, it drew away from time spent teaching magic to the Familiar. If the wizard were to be watching as closely as his partner, he would have noticed a few things. Primarily, the men in the black armor. As people passed them, a great deal of respect was shown. They looked like guards, but were treated like nobles. There were crimes too. Back alley beatings, muggings, and when the armored man seemed to take notice, he turned his nose at it. There was even a nod of acknowledgement between the two, as if they were old friends. There was something to this city.

"I can not be sure of anything Miro, but what I can say, listen to this Renzy man. If he says to watch yourself in the Plaza of Dark Delights, you watch yourself. And when he says you had better not wander about the Noble District, do not defy him for the sake of defiance. Fit in, follow customs, or find yourself at ends with the city. There are rules here, and it seems everyone is aware of them except us. If newcomers aren't welcome, let's get rid of all signs we are new. Start by learning the rules." It was at least good advice, though Miro was not pleased to hear it. He had already planned to follow the customs of the city, and being told made him feel as if his freedom was being taken away. "Yeah, I get it. And if you couldn't tell, I am working on it. Kind of in the middle of things here. Quit distracting me, okay? I need to stay focused."

The Irylid's master liked to remain just that, the master. Anymore when Ender even came close to speaking in a condescending way, it was received quite defensively. The wizard had worked hard to condition his Familiar to be obedient, and obedient he would remain. The creature still had more to say, and it would be helpful too. But if his master told him to let him be, he would obey. Normally at a time like this, the wizard's black arm would whisper seeds of doubt into his mind. Not now though, for nothing needed to be said. The host had behaved just as it would have wished, hostile toward what he called "the Ice". There was a constant and bitter rivalry for the mind of their mutual benefactor. Though one sided it was, as Ender knew not of the arm's sentience. Every wizard had their dark secret, and the arm was Miro's.

Renzy continued on with guiding them through the Merchant's Ring. He even began moving with some haste, for he wanted to make things quick. They were entering his favorite part of the city, where everyone had class and cash, and the tips were always hefty. He was not eager to be seen with this freak of an outsider, so for once the man worked hard. "Alright, we ain't quite in the Noble District yet, but nothin' says we gotta be for me to explain it to you. You'll know when we're there, trust me. It is simply gorgeous man, just beautiful. For fine clothes, the kind you'll see on anyone classy, that is from Azure Reflections. Yae Varone has his art gallery, the snazzy place it is. Of course, it's for those who's pockets are so deep they drag on the bottom of the lake. You know, the big families, like the Nitrozian's I've already mentioned. We will pass by their estate on the way."

The wizard however hadn't much to say considering the atmosphere. He felt he should say something, some acknowledgement, but it was apparent silence was the best courtesy. The Ravosalaman turned back and scoffed. "Some'n like you, get caught wandering in the District, likely you end up fighting in the Pit. I don't reckon you'd make the best slave, so I expect they'd be itching to get rid of you. With any luck you survive a few fights and hear a few cheers before your guts spill." He let out a low roar of a cackle. The more time that passed, the less he cared about refraining from demeaning his customer. He had already been paid after all. "Then after we pass through there, we are at the City Center. That is where you find the most of the government buildings, among other things. Primarily the Temple of the Black Sun, our destination. You can offer your thanks to Rhysol."

"Rhysol's huh," Miro mumbled, completely and blissfully unaware. "Why should I give thanks to him?" Renzy spat a groan out in distaste of what he heard. "What boy, the outside world got your head full of nonsense? I don't care what city you heard it in, it is all lies! Lies alright, you hear me now? Everything you see around you, this wonderful perfect city, you can thank him for it." The man had stopped moving them along and was issuing a glare at his customer. It however was a shock to the Reimancer, for he knew nothing of this Rhysol. Defensively he exclaimed his innocence fearful he had unwittingly committed some slight against the city. "I don't mean anything against him, honest. I have just never heard the name Rhysol. I am new to the city, so please, forgive me. I mean, if he is to thank for this lovely place, then I am indeed thankful."

The Ravosalaman looked equal parts relieved and irritated. His brow furled and mouth shaped into a frown. He turned and heaved a sigh. Again the relaxed tone returned to his voice, quite soft on the ears, especially when compared to how he had just spoken. "Well, why didn't you just say that in the first place? Let me tell you buddy, Rhysol is the greatest god this world has ever seen. You really do know nothin', huh? He is father to every man, every woman, and every child, every animal and slave that lives in Ravok. The calm pure beautiful lake the city rests on, it is due to his protection. The perfect weather at all times, his doing as well. There is a lot you need to learn, and damn quick too buddy. But before that, we are in the Noble District, so take in the sights real quick-like. I don't want you to be distracted as I explain this next part." So the passenger did, and words could not capture the look of shock and awe on his face.

It looked as if they had entered another city entirely. What could once be described as beautiful now looked like something out of a dream. None of the buildings looked at all shabby, and the streets were wider and completely spotless. He noted a few elegant statues and well dressed people on the streets, but there was little time to gawk. For once Renzy was actually eager to tell him something. This was further proved by the tone of his voice, calm and collected, as if he were telling a fantastic tale. "Alright see, Ravok ain't your average city. It is perfect, or at least, as perfect as you can hope to find these days. Trust me, I was born and raised here, but I got curious, went around. Not another city in this world can compare. But it's what makes it perfect that you need to know about. Basically, it is because of three things. The most important is Rhysol, which I have already told you about. The next, the Voice, right hand of Rhysol, the one who guides our city. And then there is the Black Sun, the worshipers of Rhysol, agents of the Voice, protectors of the city."

Miro nodded and looked forth with eager eyes, obviously intrigued. He waited for the man to continue on, though his attention was split between his passenger and guiding their boat. "Rhysol the father of Ravok took a champion, the Voice, the mother of the city. She cares for us and leads us by giving direction to the Black Sun. The most loved by Rhysol, closest to him, and one truly worth of praise. She is dear to every person within the city. She is the only true lover of Rhysol." Renzy gave a wink at the last remark with an odd look about his face. The implication was beyond the naive wizard however. Though to confirm he understood, he simply gave a wink back. "And that leads me to the Black Sun, and listen well, alright? There is a lot to tell and you will definitely have to deal with them. Prolly already seen some Ebonstryfe around, haven't you? If not, you just haven't known to look."

Again, the man gave glance at Miro, but the undead had little response to give. "I don't know, I might have. Please, continue though, I am listening." He was a little confused, but definitely intrigued. "Yeah, alright, alright, just make sure you understand. The Black Sun is the name of the organization that worships Rhysol. They spread his glory and word of his love to all that will listen. They bring worship and praise to him all around the world, but they do much more than that. The Ebonstryfe is the military of the Black Sun, and they protect the city and carry out Rhysol's will. There are various ranks, but that is too much to explain. All you need to know is simple, and that is to respect them. If you see the symbol of the Black Sun, a man in black armor with the insignia, you offer your respect. It is as simple as that."

The wizard was slightly shocked by his harsh tone. it was beyond apparent he was serious, and that it meant trouble to even show a tinge of disrespect to those dedicated to the god. "Yes sir, I more than understand. And I am very eager to arrive at the Temple of the Black Sun. I am going to offer the best prayer I can manage. Again, I really appreciate all you're doing for me Renzy." The man gave a slight groan, perhaps regretting the decision, but managed to feign a smirk as he nodded his head. "Yeah I am sure you are. Just a bit further and we will arrive at your stop." The Reimancer was starting to regret not paying him after the tour was given.

"There, now we know. You catch all of that Ender? We have to give respect to the Black Sun, and especially the people in the black armor. Any time you see the insignia of the Black Sun, you better tell me." And then the Irylid groaned. Of course though, he would not dream to transmit this annoyance to his master. "I was going to tell you earlier, I saw the men in the armor. And that symbol, the Black Sun insignia, I have seen it too. They mean serious business, and I do not recommend you are on their bad side." And upon hearing this, Miro's face turned to a hideous scowl. A frown could be seen as well as anger in his eyes. "You saw this and didn't tell me? When were you planning on sharing this, when I upset them? Damn it Ender, you always do this. It is a good thing I asked you if you had seen it, or else I might never have known."

Such was the misery of Ender, always so degraded. It was no wonder that the creature sought out ways to elevate his status in the wizard's eyes. Most of it involved lowering the status of others, but there was that dream of his. The Irylid so desperately wished for his moment, a time when he would use his magic and intelligence to save his master. And no longer could he be considered a burden, but an equal partner, as he always wished. He would not mention the inconsistencies in what Miro said, but instead remain helpful. "My mistake, you were busy, and I did not think it so important. Thank the gods for your intuition, for we would never survive without it. I saw one of the Ebonstryfe witnessing a man being beaten, and he seemed to acknowledge and encourage it. If you are not careful, you could be the next man being beaten."

To most, something like that would be alarming, but not the Chained One. His lips parted in a grin. He loved what he heard, and that it was possible to get away with beatings. In praise he caressed the icy bracelet a few times. "Renzy, what other locations are at the City Center?" At the question, the Ravosalaman froze for a moment. He gave a nervous chuckle and spoke in an apologetic tone. "Heh, yeah, I almost forgot. You know, it is government stuff mostly. The institute of Higher Learning, a school run by the Stryfe. You can learn all sorts of talents there, if you have the cash for it. Then there's the Vitrax, Ebonstryfe HQ, and uhh, the Hole. And that is a bad place to be. All there is to that. And that's about it, okay? All I've got to say, tour over. Just keep quiet until we arrive, would'ya." The wizard just shook his head in disappointment.

Though slightly upset, Miro was not looking to cause any trouble. He thought of singing his displeasure to his Familiar, but did not care to hear his reply. Ender always thought it was okay to speak when spoke to. Instead he just thought dark thoughts to himself. "No way he forgot, he is just lazy. Treating me like some wretch." And as if the dark thoughts had awakened it, the black arm began to preach words of chaos in his mind. "You deserve to be treated much better than all of this. I have been silently watching, listening, making sure you are happy. All has been well so far too. But this Renzy fellow, he is no good. He has disrespected you one too many times, hasn't he? If you took Ionu's Light, you could get some revenge. Simply dip it in the water, and you can make some Res. Maybe if his boat sank he would have a reason to be unpleasant."

The undead had to simply ignore the voice though. If he was going to get revenge, it would be something more creative. He did muse over ways he might injure the man, but only to keep him entertained for the remainder of the trip. There was no need to cause trouble, and especially not to make a scene. Eventually he would be revealed as a wizard, and when bad things happen and a wizard is around, blame is always shifted. Sometimes it is just, others it is just convenient. The trip was long and dry from this point on, but at least the view was nice. He even saw one of the Ebonstryfe members and gave him a smile and a nod. It made him feel almost giddy, and very accomplished for it. Not that the man saw or would even care if he did. But at least the temple was within sight.

It was an eventful journey through the channels of the city, and Miro learned a lot. Though admittedly, he was glad it was at the end. What the Temple of the Black Sun had to offer was a bit of a mystery however. The Ravosala rode in under the structure and came to a stop. "Well, here we are." The wizard grabbed his staff and stood up. He had only stepped one foot out when he was interrupted. "Woah buddy, you forgetting something?" Looking back, he did not see anything left behind. "You forgot to pay me." But Miro was positive he had given the man a fifteen Miza tip already. "No, I definitely paid you already. Did you forget?" Renzy snarled and spoke with anger in his voice. He was going to get compensation for dealing with the newcomer to the city for so long. Scamming money was a specialty of his.

"I ain't forgotten nothin'. You paid me for the tour, now I'm askin' for the trip. That was a LONG ride, and I expect to be paid for my hard work. My arms are kinda sore, and my neck is stiff from turning around so often." He rubbed his neck with one hand and the arm rubbing the neck with the other. The man then gave a pathetically false cough and spoke with a hoarse voice. "Plus, I think I am losing my voice. I won't," he coughed again, "I won't be able to give any more tours, or talk with my customers. It is going to cost me my tips. Not to mention the blow to my sparkling reputation." It was an obvious act, but the customer would not even roll his eyes. "Yeah, I get it. I am sorry to have caused you so much trouble, but I am thankful for your assistance. This should make up for all of that." The wizard leaned his staff against his body and removed five gold Miza. Renzy grinned as he snatched them.

And with the man properly compensated, Miro was able to take his staff and step off the boat. The Ravosalaman left without even a so long and backed out. Though it did seem he was eager to be near the Noble District, off to pick up a rich customer probably. The Reimancer walked off the docks and up the stone stairs. At the top of them were a pair of large black iron doors. They were quite magnificent in a way, but hard to admire with nerves creeping into his chest. "Miro look, Ebonstryfe, at the door." But he had already identified them, the pair standing at the door. It was important that he made a good impression. If he managed to disrespect them and gained the enmity of the Black Sun after only just arriving, his stay was sure to be a disaster. He only had a little time to prepare, and definitely needed his impression to be a good one. He spoke a few words of confidence in his head. "I can do this. Be charming, be respectful, and praise Rhysol."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Method Acting

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 18th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Grades

Miro
  • Hypnotism +1
  • Familiary +2
  • Persuasion +1
  • Detection +2

Lores:Ravok (locations), the Voice, Rhysol, Ebonstryfe, Black Sun

Notes

Secret :
Questions? Comments? Angry Accusation? Send me a PM. In the mean-time please edit your post in the request thread to reflect the fact that this has been graded, thanks.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets