PM to join The Price of Knowledge. [Elaine]

Annalisa's research into spiritism takes an interesting turn when she meet the Library's newest employee.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Price of Knowledge. [Elaine]

Postby Annalisa Marin on July 20th, 2013, 3:02 am

OOCSorry about that, just needed to make this challenging for Anna. Can't have her grasping concepts too easily.

Anna heard the instructions and they made some sense to her, the tone in which Elaine adopted was slightly irritating and stung her pride but Anna ignored the slight. To move as one and act as one was a foreign idea as was sharing her body with another being, but Elaine's explanation gave her some idea of what she needed to do. The young wizard focused on feeling Elaine within her as well as pushing back her body's desire to eject her. She felt the desire to move her arm towards the book and pick it up.

Anna placed her own will behind the movement, focusing on stretching out her arm and clutching the book. It was odd really, she went the motions but it was not just her that was controlling the arm. It was not exactly perfect synchronization but their wills were one at the moment. It still made her skin craw to have another being inside of her, possessing some hold and influence on her actions.

Slowly she moved her arm towards the book and brushed it with her fingers, wrapping them firmly around the aging leather. The young wizard felt some excitement as the book was lifted up, pleased that she had succeeded in this menial task. It was much harder than she thought though and her focus was broken soon after, her body's natural responses kicking in.

Anna tried to regain focus on pushing them down, but the natural rejection might have been too much for Elaine to handle. He body did not want the ghost inside her in any way, it wanted her to leave as soon as possible. She herself was starting to feel a little sore for some reason and an ill chill had overcome her. The wizard did not know how much longer she could keep this up herself.

Still the amount of knowledge she was gaining from this was incredible, her insight into ghosts and spiritism was certainly greater for this experience. This hurt, but she wanted to try this again and learn new techniques. The book would set her on the right path but Elaine herself could prove to be invaluable for this research.

"Elaine, are you alright?" Anna asked aloud.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on July 24th, 2013, 11:01 am

She was moving her hands with Anna's. It was really slow and no matter how anna tried to do exactly what Elaine did her body was still resisting. They were finally grabing the book. And that moment Elaine couldn't take it anymore she was too tired and Anna's body's resisting became strong. She was pushed out so easily. Her soulmist was around a chair and soon after she appeared too.

She was tired more than she was from taking books in order. She didn't want to do this often. Her soulmist was going in a little circle around her. She didn't have much power she had to wait to regenerate. It was really unpleasure... she didn't want to do it. But she was sure it was more unpleasure for Anna. She was looking at her. "I just need to rest to regenerate... I'm fine I'm fine. I think you must be more exhausted than me."

She was really wishing if she got exhausted and would leave her alone. But she felt it isn't the case. She must be stubborn, she even asked Elaine to possess her. But she felt uneasy because of this? She just sat down and commented on her. "Are you really that obsessed with ghosts? Or are you a masochist prof?" She tried to be respectful but she couldn't help but be suspicious.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Annalisa Marin on July 31st, 2013, 3:20 am

Masochist? That was certainly a new one, though considering the amount of pain magic caused her over time perhaps that was an accurate assessment. Elaine was telling the truth about the pain, the minute she had been expelled from her body Anna had felt waves of soreness and fatigue roll over her. A splitting headache was throbbing in her skull, all in all it felt like the after effects of heavy casting. Not overgiving per say, Anna had been much more careful in regards to overgiving after her horrific stint with it not so long ago. Casting was something she was much more careful with now.

She carefully regarded Elaine, still considering the ghost from a purely practical stand point. Anna very much wanted to use the ghost as a tool for her experiments, something to further her understanding of ghosts. She couldn't very well tell Elaine that, she was likely already suspicious of her interest in ghosts. The question was, how could she gain enough of the ghost's trust for her to be willing to participate in her experiments? The answer seemed simple, admit her usage of magic. However, considering the widespread distrust of wizards as complete madmen it might only push Elaine further away.

"I possess an interest in all things arcane, Elaine, I am a wizard you see. The school of spiritism has only recently become known to me and, as such, I possess a great deal of curiosity towards it. I feel I could use it to achieve great things." The woman replied with a little bit of hesitation, her tone hushed.

There was really no need to tell her exactly what magic she used, Anna doubted that the ghost would be able to comprehend the complexities of magic and its forms. Her eyes were weary and tired from the exertion but she was fully willing to try that again, or at least interrogate the ghost further. The book was also not forgotten from Anna's mind, she fully intended to try and persuade Lisaelis to let her borrow it from the library for a little while. There were no doubt many secrets to be uncovered within the pages of this journal, especially if this spiritist was as good as he claimed.

Her attention returned to the specter before her. A number of ideas rose in her mind as to getting Elaine on board for possible experiments. Appealing to her own race seemed to be a reasonable ticket.

"Elaine, I would very much appreciate your assistance in further research into spiritism. From what I gather, the discipline will only be completely worthwhile if I have a ghost to assist me in my research. It might very well help you reach your full potential as a ghost. I would... be in your debt if you helped me." Anna disdained choking out that she would be in anyone's debt.

Debts were liabilities in her mind, but if owing one was the price she paid for invaluable assistance in learning spiritism then she was willing. All power demanded sacrifice.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on August 18th, 2013, 2:45 pm

OOCSo sorry for the delay! :( and sorry it's short.

She was tired. But at least she didn't have to work with anything other than her mind. Like why did she thinks spritism is good thing. Using ghosts for her own will would be really bad. But being interested doesn't hurt does it? She was disturbed about her and she didn't know why. Maybe because she reminded her Clyde. "Just like him... just like him..."

She whispered, didn't even pay attention she could hear it. Then Anna was so kind to her. Elaine thought that way and maybe she was wrong. She was all confused by herself. Travelling back and live as a ghost weren't good for her. She had to slow down a bit, think everything all over. She was there for this anyway. She made a hand gesture for her to continue and ask."It's okay, just ask it! I'll answer if I can."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 25th, 2013, 1:37 am

At first Anna was rather perplexed by Elaine's words, comparing her to some unknown individual. She wondered exactly what about her bore a resemblance to someone else, her drive or her unhealthy obsession with magic. Perhaps it was both, though Anna wondered how many wizards were exactly like her. Another doubt to cast upon her path, the path she felt so strongly about.

Anna dispelled the thoughts for another time as she registered Elaine's encouragement for her to continue. The wizard allowed a small smile to crease her face, being nice and playing with a person's head seemed much more likely to draw results than threats. Perhaps this was a sign of her growth as a follower of Rhysol and as an individual. Her overgiving had indeed made her more conscious of her limits as a wizard and more cautious. Recognizing the change was rather amusing.

Her thoughts briefly drifted back to the hunter in the wilds she had encountered over a season ago. Would she have handled the situation the same way? She had threated and demeaned him verbally, something she had considered natural. Now it seemed rather unwise to do so, honeyed words and lies were the tools of Rhysol, they should be her tools as well. She was different, but that difference seemed to be more to her advantage than anything else.

"Thank you Elaine, I am most grateful. I have seen your powers and I understand what they can do, but I have to wonder their full extent. Can they be improved upon like a muscle?" The wizard asked.

If this was true then the potential of a spiritist paired with a powerful ghost could be potent indeed. The only problem was that finding a ghost other than Elaine to assist her might be difficult. Even Elaine seemed cautious around her, so she might take a bit more work. Idly Anna considered trying a curse on the ghost, just to see if ghosts were susceptible to such things but cast the notion aside. She stood to lose much more if she cursed Elaine at the moment, she needed to build some form of trust. Then, when the ghost was less likely to suspect her of something foul she would test Chaon's effects.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on August 25th, 2013, 11:59 am

OOCHahahaaa! I would be excited if Anna would use her gnosis on Elaine! :P

She has spent a lot time with the professor she didn't know. More than she wanted. But she got that itch in herself again. She was curious about Anna. Some of the students were looking in. They were either wanted to know about Anna or Elaine, she didn't know. Maybe they saw the possession also. But that wasn't an important thing for her that moment.

The feeling she got around Anna was similar what she got around Clyde, but different. She felt a bit uneasy. She should continue the conversation with her. The more she talked with her, the more she could know her. "Yes. When I firstly met with this new... state I had trouble to do anything. I couldn't hold anything, I couldn't move anything. I couldn't touch. Now I'm better and better. " She whispered.

She remembered those times. It was painful for her. She was about to go insane but she remained calm and tried to do what she could. Ever since she died a lot things happened to her, more than when she was alive. She wasn't sure if it was a blessing or curse, although she WAS sure about something, it was her fault, she caused to herself. Because of her pride she was blind to see that fact and blamed others but that didn't help."Hey can I ask also? You still has your life. Which is the best part being alive? What are you live for?"
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 26th, 2013, 1:28 am

OOCI wanted to curse her as well, but there will be another time hopefully.

So ghosts could improve these racial abilities, that held a fair bit of promise to the Chaon. Likely a ghosts abilities developed through repeated use and experience, the more the use, the better the ability. The same could be said of all skills, as such Anna could only wonder how high the potential was of a powerful ghost paired with a powerful spiritist. The art of spiritism was still new to her, however since ghosts seemed to be the focus of the art it was likely there existed methods to augment a ghost's abilities. It warranted looking into, especially if it provided more leverage to use in manipulating Elaine.

At Elaine's question Anna considered lying immediately, her drive was not exactly a healthy one. Her very existence now revolved around the acquisition of magical knowledge to use in the service of Rhysol, it didn't matter who she needed to push over to achieve that goal. Though, in recent days question was called upon the purpose. Her overgiving had not assisted in alleviating those questions.

"The best part of being alive, what a curious question. Though, I suppose it is only fair to provide you with answers after you so graciously have given me some as well. The best part of living is that I always have a chance to learn something more. To add to a hoard of knowledge that grows with each passing day. To slake my thirst, only for it to renew once more. That is the best part of being alive." The wizard replied.

It was true after a fashion, Anna lived to learn, but that knowledge was as much for her lord as it was for her. Without her faith in Rhysol there were many times when she would likely have faltered on her path, with her faith in him everything was much more clear. She actually had a purpose, a goal to strive for. That was an anchor of sorts in this troubled period of her life.

"As for what I live for, I live to learn all I can to make myself a more well rounded person. I want to please someone... dear to my heart and serve them well. If my knowledge can benefit them then my struggles are vindicated."She answered with a slightly wistful look.

The answer was purposely vague, she did not want to give Elaine an idea of who she really served. Her words indicated loyalty towards this mystery individual, loyalty tended to be a desirable trait and made one more likely to trust the loyal person. Anna was rather surprised at her own capacity for verbal double speak and implanting deliberate thoughts and feelings into others. She had tended to avoid conversation for the most part, perhaps the potential Rhysol had seen in her was indeed more true than she realized.

Anna regarded the ghost patiently, awaiting her response. She was aware of the looks they had received but she placed them far from her mind, no trouble would come from outsiders her.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on August 26th, 2013, 10:37 am

OOCOh well! :P We will see! :D

Knowledge is power. It was an interesting answer yet a bit boring. She wasn't reading for that. She did for fun, to feel being alive. But everybody got their own path surely. "It was maybe... Never mind. I just miss being alive again. Death gave me a new chance and insight but being a ghost is totally unnatural. I'm working here maybe because of this, I don't want to hide anymore. The feeling that I'm missing something found me at Ravok. A dirty place who worship to Rhysol. He might be great god, Ravokians have good life there... maybe too good sometimes. But this where I got two of my friends. " She said and smiled.

Although she realized she is talking about herself to a stranger. She went to much detail. She again asked her. She could rest while that at least. She had to continue her work after Anna anyway. A work which was maybe only important for herself. To forget that she wasn't living anymore."Do you worship to anyone? You might laugh but I do to Dira. I hope she will forgive me, that I'm a ghost and not moved on."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 28th, 2013, 2:41 am

The words 'Ravok' and 'Rhysol' caught the wizard's attention immediately, especially their collective use together in combination. Ravok had been a city she had attempted to study earlier this season, being unsuccessful due to the lack of a volume dedicated to it. Now she knew why any tome on the city might be restricted, the city apparently venerated Rhysol as their god. That was more than a little interesting to the Chaon. Perhaps that would be a destination for travel in the future.

Considering the mark that adorned her body it might be a place where she could secure a position of some power easily. She'd need to look into the matter further and if Elaine had been there then perhaps she could be a useful well of information. The ghost was proving to be most useful to her, most useful indeed.

The question of worship was brought up and Anna was already searching for a god she venerated other than Rhysol. That was more than a little difficult, her faith in the God of Chaos was rather single minded. Other gods were unimportant or enemies in her eyes, they did not realize the truth of Rhysol. Laviku was a possibility, she somewhat grudgingly respected the god of the sea, what Zeltivan didn't?

"I possess a healthy respect for Laviku, he is the master of the sea after all. Other than that I'm not much of a follower of the gods." The wizard lied smoothly.

Telling someone that you worshiped Rhysol was a rather poor idea, especially if they knew who he really was. So Anna lied, a small form of worship to her lord, misleading someone with untruths. The lie seemed to make logical sense for a native Zeltivan to say, therefore it was believable.

"You say you came from Ravok? Interesting... what was it like? You hear all kinds of stories about it and Rhysol sometimes, that its a place of evil and corruption. Do the stories ring true?" The wizard said, acting that she had not even known the connection between her god and the city moments ago.

In order to keep up her current façade as the more considerate a polite professor she shook her head slightly. This acting thing was actually quite enjoyable, perhaps it would pay off to be more like this in the future.

"My apologies, Elaine, you have work to do in the Library and I've taken up your time over much. You must have other things to do than to answer every question that pops into my mind. I can leave you to those duties if you wish" She said, sliding her chair back slightly to indicate her willingness to be dismissed.

It was a bit of reverse psychology in play here, putting that ball of this exchange in Elaine's court. The desired goal here was to have the ghost request she stay, showing that she was indeed feeling more comfortable around the wizard. If she allowed Anna to go then it would be an indicator that she would need to really work further in getting the spirit to trust her. Not so long ago, Anna would not have bothered reading into the reactions of others but now it was becoming more natural. Perhaps Rhysol had seen that in her as well, this potential.

He had not chosen her because of her magic, he had chosen her because of her excellent betrayal. She had betrayed her best friend, lied to the Board of Regents, and spun a tale of falsehoods and lies just for personal gain. She had rocketed herself to a high position in Zeltivan society by words and reading others, not through magic. This was what Rhysol had seen, this is what he wanted. It had taken a traumatic bit of overgiving to open her eyes to that, a period in which magic use was impossible. From that hardship much had changed, and was apparently still changing.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on September 14th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Laviku of course... She was in Zeltiva. After all her father was a sailor too. She didn't even know they were playing with her. And she felt bad, she felt a little bit tired mentally. She was worrying too much. She looked at Anna. Evil and corrupt, she wasn't sure Ravok's true face. Somehow it was peaceful but in the same time there was something bad she could never "see" it clearly.

"Not sure. It has two face. They live without problems but beneath..." She was answering and also remembered Clyde. The she quickly stood up and she wanted to go away. It was tiring for her. It must be the possession but she didn't feel well. "Why is it like that this season? What's wrong?" She was thinking.

She bowed before Anna."I apologize for being rude Professor Anna! Well we welcome you at the library always! If you need me again about research, just ask me anytime. I... I have to go now if you don't mind. Please, take the books back to their place." And with that she turned around to go a silent place. It was a hard day for her, at least she felt that way. She was about to crazy, and she didn't want to show it to Anna.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext