The student and the Mercenary (Revy)

Sayren and Revy cross paths. Friends? or Foes?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Sayren WindDancer on July 18th, 2013, 6:32 am

As Sayren spoke to the woman, she noticed that the taller woman sighed. Then she told Sayren she was going to train some more, not sure with what weapon though. Afterwards, she seemed to be trying to toss Sayren aside from lack of business. This made Sayren narrow her eyes at the woman once more, "I am here to train with you. I want to learn as much from you as I can. And I do not wish for my hand to be held!"

She lifted her blade once more, her eyes glued to Revy in determination, "I still have strength, which means I can still train. I won't stop until you do. How else will I grow or develop any stamina with these weapons?" Even though she looked a little spent on energy, but her resolve kept her steady, if not a little shaky.

"One cannot walk if they cannot stand. So show me how to stand...Proficient One."

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on July 28th, 2013, 8:39 pm

That girl really was a big idiot. Didn't Revy tell her that she was spent for today? If she was going to continue, she'd be totally no good tomorrow. Stamina should be built slowly, to reduce the chance of injury. Why was this girl so stubborn and going against her orders? Well, apparently she wanted to be punished. This time it was going to be severe.

"Oi brat. I told you that you were spent. If you continue now, you'll damage yer muscles. But, if you are so bloody stupid as to ignore that, I'll teach you something else.", the mercenary said as she started to grin. "Stand across me and ready yer weapon. If you beat me, I'll teach ya, otherwise piss of for today."

Sayren was gonna get her buttocks whooped. Revy was not going to pull her punches in the least. If that girl was gonna get out with a few bruises, she could consider herself lucky. "Oh, and the reason why I told you to piss off before, was because I've been in the same spot as you. Only I knew my limits and knew how to listen. I ain't got me ears full of shyke, unlike you.", she said trying to provoke the girl into recklessness.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 3rd, 2013, 1:11 pm

Sayren gave it a quick thought. If her muscles were damaged, that would certainly hinder her training immensely. With each vulgar comment the mercenary spewed from her mouth just made her pride itch to shut her up. However she knew for a fact that she had no chance in comparison to Revy. The woman was a seasoned mercenary, and the unquestioning glance in her eyes showed it heavily. So doing anything for physically striking the woman wouldn't work. She had to think out of the box. Something that would throw her off guard maybe. But Sayren's intention wasn't to harm her teacher. She just wanted her to not seem so angry. Then...the idea came to mind.

She released the practice sword from her grasp. Letting it fall to the ground below as she walked towards Revy. Arms held outwards as she wrapped them around Revy and pulled herself to the mercenary in a hug. The leather armor, though well padded, was still rather slim. Sayren slowly placed the side of her head against Revy's chest. Hearing the slow rhythmic heartbeats in her chest. "You really don't have to be mean so often...I was just hoping to enjoy some more of your company. I haven't been around a female comrade in some time."

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 3rd, 2013, 2:17 pm

Oh? The girl dropped her sword. Had she finally started to use her brain and listen to Revy? Or was she just scared of what might happen to her? Either way, the mercenary just lost something she wanted to enjoy. And unfortunately for her, she didn't have any students yet, let alone students she could spar with. She still needed to vent her frustration about her relationship with Zandelia on something.

However, what happened next she couldn't even fathom. The girl hugged her.... She actually hugged her? Oh how the woman missed the touch of another. At first she could feel her heartbeat increase a little, but then realized that it wasn't Zandelia. Anger boiled within herself for feeling good about this when it wasn't done by the person she loves. "Oi brat.... I warn you only once, let go right now. Only Amelias is allowed to touch me like this.", she said with an ice-cold voice.

"I'm really gonna beat Zandy up if she keeps ignoring me. Doesn't she realize how much it's hurting me?", she thought to herself. No matter how much she tried to hide her annoyance over the current state of her and the scarred woman, it still showed on her face. Why was that woman ignoring her? Why didn't she want to involve Revy? She wasn't having an affair was she? She had better soon explain herself before it was going to damage their relation.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 3rd, 2013, 2:44 pm

Sayren braced herself against the mercenary. The contact was deeply needed. Least for her it was. Revy hadn't said anything. Did that mean she liked it? Sayren could've swore the woman's heart rate even spiked a little from the contact. Maybe she needed this as much as she had? But within moments, that was all gone when Revy spoke with words so cold, and bitter. It completely threw Sayren off guard. It was a warning, only one person was to touch her like that. She didn't want to offend the woman, she just felt that they both needed a hug. A close embrace to warm one another. It had always soothed her before. She just tried her damndest to not do that with Ximal...considering that they have seen each other naked on multiple occasions and she didn't want sight to lead to touch...She preferred the harsh training over the...constant owing of favors.

She quickly took a step back, not wanting to further anger the mercenary. However...when she glanced up at Revy's face. She saw confusion, not complete anger. What was it that was confusing her so?

"Revy?...Are you ok? You seem like...something is bothering you?" Was it because of the hug? Why would it put her at such...odds? Like she wanted the hug, but appeared to be so disdained by it. It was confusing Sayren.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 3rd, 2013, 3:34 pm

The girl backed off, just as the mercenary had hoped. This way she could stay true to Zandelia. She just confused her too much with that single hug. If only she could not show Revy any compassion for now, she could keep her fragile mask on. If she was going to collapse now, surely she'd cry and show her vulnerable side. It was still something she hated with her guts. Crying was weakness and she hated weakness.

But that girl just had to go and notice the woman's distress. With that one question she managed to break the fragile mask that the woman had been building. "I... it's nothing. Just leave me alone ok!?", she almost yelled out. She still couldn't quell her thoughts. Normally she could have done this easily, but they just stuck now. She'd been worrying about this for a while now, but how come those last words of the girl seemed to pull them out even more.

Fed up with herself, she just waltzed past the girl, dropping the wooden sword and grabbed her greatsword. A good exercise should help her forget about the bad thoughts... or so she thought. "Just leave me alone you brat, let me at least try to forget about Zandelia for now. I don't want to doubt her. Just.... I want her to pay some attention to me again.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 3rd, 2013, 4:06 pm

Sayren blinked a few times. She wasn't sure if she was seeing this all correctly. She could've swore Revy was on the brink of tears. Why? It really seemed like Revy was struggling with something. Trying to hold it back but it was just eating at her. Just as she was about to reach for Revy once again. The mercenary just trudged on passed her. Her voice almost cracking to tell Sayren to leave her be. Tossing the wooden sword aside and reaching for her greatsword.

Sayren gulped. It was probably dangerous to do what she was thinking. But whatever it was that Revy was keeping bottled up, it was practically killing her on the inside. Bottling one's emotions like that is dangerous, especially for a mercenary. The woman should know that. Determined to help her, Sayren advanced behind Revy. Reaching her arms around Revy's waist and wrapping them close together, pulling chest to Revy's back.

"Whatever it is inside you that pains you. I know it must be hard to let out, but its hurting you. Just let it out. Please?...It'll do you more harm than good to just keep it all bottled up inside." Though she was trying to soothe the woman, her eyes were locked onto that greatsword. However, that didn't stop her from placing herself as close as she could to Revy. She had to get this pain out of her.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 4th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Why did she become so weak after having met Zandelia again? Not only had she cried on front of her, but she also talked about her past to her It seemed as if she had become incapable of hiding her emotions. Her carefully built fortress around her heart had been shattered by a mere woman. One that didn't even have the same strength as her. And now this girl threatened to shatter her last remaining walls, that she had kept to protect her from strangers.

"Sh.. shut up! Leave me alone. It's not something.... a brat like you could fix anyway!", she yelled at the kid. However, even though she said that, she wasn't struggling against the hug from behind. It felt comfortable, as if she finally felt some warmth again after being neglected for so long. Yet she didn't feel happy, instead she felt guilty. She still didn't want to betray Zandelia and doing this kind of thing felt like she was doing that.

Then she suddenly got an idea to chase that girl away. What would happen if she'd kiss her full on the lips? Using this thought to suppress all the others, she dropped her sword. Reaching to the girl's left hand, she suddenly pulled Sayren in front of her and then kissed her full on the lips. "Now let's see if she still wants to hang around me.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 5th, 2013, 8:37 am

Sayren held onto Revy. She could feel the woman trembling in her arms. Whatever it was that was on her mind, it was devastating her. It was only moments after Sayren's embrace did Revy snap at her. Demanding to be left alone once more. There was nothing a brat her could do to fix what was on her mind. But that couldn't be true. Sayren was not convinced that was the case.

Revy dropped her sword. This immediately caught Sayren's attention. Another swift moment and Revy had Sayren's left arm. She braced herself for anything. A backhanded slap, a punch to the gut, a knee to the gut. Anything she could possibly think of...except for what happened next.

Her mouth was greeted by Revy's lips. Pressed to one another in full contact. Revy's lips were so soft and tender. Nothing like the words she uttered only moments before. Sayren could do little to refuse them, she wasn't thinking to. She couldn't understand why, but she wasn't fighting it. The embrace from Revy was warming her. Almost liquifying her core. She remembered her parents always kissed to show their affections from one to another. Is this...Revy showing affection to her? But how could Revy be so affectionate with her so soon? They had only met that morning. She could feel her cheeks redden, the shock of it long gone as she held herself to Revy. Barely able to consider severing the contact herself.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 5th, 2013, 11:06 am

The mercenary didn't get the reaction she expected. Usually a woman would be disgusted by that right? After all.... most women were straight. But apparently this girl... was from her own side. Had she just made a mistake and just drew the brat closer? "Damn BRAT! Don't be like me. Be disgusted and run away. Bloody hell, can't you just be some regular kid or so?", she thought annoyed.

What could she do to get the brat off her back? She wasn't going to have some fun with her just because Zandelia left her alone for such a long time. Would it just be best to grab her and sling her away? But that could hurt her.... no, it was the best choice. Any other possibility would just not be enough. But.... she was cute like that. Almost to the point where Revy was going to break her promise.

"Don't even think about it, just get rid of the pest.", she reprimanded herself. Grabbing the girl by the collar, she then slung her away. "I told you to piss off. Thought that kiss would do it, not that you'd like it. Perverted little brat." She was getting royally pissed off now. Not just by this girl ignoring what she was saying, but also her pent up frustration about Zandelia. She was gonna give this girl a good beating. Oh and she was going to enjoy it.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext