Closed Looking for Something? [Enoleus]

Enoleus comes into the library looking for something on the fauna of Taldera.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Looking for Something? [Enoleus]

Postby Lorelle on September 6th, 2013, 6:11 am

The day wears on slowly. Lorelle is rarely distracted from the book she is slowly reading for she has to take apart each word and see if she knows what it means before moving on. It makes enjoying anything very taxing and she normally wouldn't read this long, but Enoleus has not moved from his spot. He stands reading for bells, making Lorelle somewhat annoyed. With him like he is, Lorelle stays where she is. While she doesn't think he cares in the slightest what she is doing she doesn't want to move for she did tell him she would be here if he needed anything. So she keeps to her promise and stays sitting at the desk, relieved whenever a person quietly comes up to ask her about something or needs to check out a book. It gives her an excuse to put down the book she is trying to read and do something else. Sadly though, there aren't many in the small library today. The majority of the day, Lorelle and Enoleus are the only ones there. Not exactly the amount of people that allows for much distraction.

In the end, Lorelle has chugged down about half of the book in her hands and she has absolutely no idea what is going on in it. She doesn't care though, just practicing the words in this book is hard enough. She will work on her comprehension skills later. She is in the middle of a word she doesn't even know how to start to go about trying to sound out when Enoleus speaks. She is startled to say the least. In the many bells he has been reading and being silent, the female Vantha had almost forgotten what his voice sounded like. She doesn't jump this time, but she is surprised. Her eyes glance up to him as she listens to his words. The mix of colors in her eyes show her changing emotions. "Why does he live in a tent?" she can't help but ask herself, "where is his family? Even without one, he should have an arvinta. Right?" She is confused. Why anyone would choose a tent over a warm home in a hold she has no idea.

"Um alright, you can do that. Though they could get checked out. I doubt it, but it is possible," she warns him before shrugging, "Its your choice though. If you feel as though you will damage them in your tent or something than feel free to just put them back and hope they will still be here whenever you make it back. Or ..." She pauses, biting her lower lip with her top teeth as she thinks a tick. "I guess I could help you out, I could check them out, keep them at my house so they are at least safe from both getting checked out and from any damage your surroundings could cause them," she offers, a bit hesitantly. She isn't sure if this is a smart idea. She is offering it anyway though. He seems like he could be more on the trustworthy side of things. Plus, if the books are at her home than she can make sure they aren't late. "That is, if that is something you are interested or want. Choice is up to you, I don't care."
Lorelle
Player

Words: 215213
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Enoleus Frostfawn on September 13th, 2013, 1:02 am

30th of Summer, 513 AV
Enoleus stared at her for a moment, the colors within the Iris' of his eyes shifting silver and bright orange. His face is motionless for several moments and his expression inscrutable, a long wave of discomfort running down his skin, like so many ants crawling just beneath the surface of his flesh. "Why would she offer to do that?" He glanced down at the books, tapping one finger on the front cover of the tome he had spent the day devouring as he tapped the other against his chin, trying to pantomime that he was contemplating her offer - better to hide his immediate reflex than come across needlessly rude. "She doesn't even know me. What's her angle?"

At this point, his eyes were violently orange, and as he peered back up at her, they had a strange, predatory intensity to them - staring at her a bit too intently. It wasn't a monumental thing she was offering to be certain, but Enoleus held little but contempt in his heart for his fellow Vantha, and the very idea one of them would do something for him simply out of kindness wasn't something he could fathom. He opened his mouth, speaking slowly as each word was selected very carefully.

"That.... Would be very nice of you... If it's not too much trouble, that is."It was a helpful offer, regardless of her motivations for making it, and Enoleus wasn't nearly foolish enough to refuse. He paused a moment, his eyes slowly returning to a neutral dull-grade shade of silver. "I appreciate the offer, but... I am curious..." He paused, wanting to word the question in such a way as to not come across as ungrateful. Failing that, he just would simply shrug as he finished the question, letting it stand for what it was. "Why even offer? You know nothing about me, save my name."
Vani / Common /Internal Dialogue
Enoleus Frostfawn
Still Running.

Words: 68094
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2013, 10:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lorelle on September 13th, 2013, 3:52 am

He doesn't trust. It is seen in his eyes. Bright orange. Lorelle doesn't know what the color means but as she observes him she sees the actions of a man who doesn't trust her. Lorelle doesn't blame him. He doesn't know her, he doesn't know him. Finding it hard to trust others herself she can easily understand why he might not be able to wrap his mind around the idea of trusting her. Even if it is just with books that aren't even his to begin with. Or maybe he is thinking about something else? Maybe he is nervous or frightened. Lorelle isn't sure. She just looks to him when she hears his question.

His words are met with a shrug.
"I don't know. Truthfully, it isn't something I would normally do. Off the record though, you seem like someone who may prove to be trustworthy or useful in the future. Plus, it is just books and I work at the library. No harm will come to them and if you never show up to read them than at least I can make sure they are returned on time," she answers him, shrugging once more when she is finished speaking. Her now brown eyes look down to her desk as she lets out a small sigh. She looks back up to the boy, her eyes just looking at him and searching him. "If you want me to do it, just put the books on my desk and I will take care of the rest. Oh, and if you decide to come and read them, I live in the Snowsong hold. I'll be there any time I am not anywhere else. I'll renew them four times and if you haven't come by then than I will be returning them. Okay?" she informs him, ready to just get this over with so she can go home. She is tired and wants to just crash on her bed. That sounds really nice at the moment. She looks at Enoleus expectantly, waiting for his answer.
Lorelle
Player

Words: 215213
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Enoleus Frostfawn on September 27th, 2013, 11:40 am

So there it was.

Enoleus lowered his head, his eyes being covered by his bangs for a moment as his lips spread into a subtle smirk. "I see." He leaned forward slightly, lifting his head again to meet her gaze with silver indifference in his eyes. "She must be banking on me being of some use to her in the future. Makes sense, I suppose." His smirk deepened into a grin as he reached up, rubbing his fingers against the stubble on his chin as he nodded a bit. "I'm even a bit flattered."

"Well, I don't have much reason to say no. I certainly wouldn't want to deny you the pleasure of my continued company." He chuckled, though it didn't quite reach his glossy looking eyes, as he tapped his fingers somewhat nervously against the cover of one of the books - trying to break the silences between their dialogue. "You do realize, though, I'm not one for taking handouts, so you'll have to let me pay you back at some point." He would pick the books back up, inclining his head as he lugged them over to her desk, setting them down in a neat stack.

"Well, then." He took a few steps back toward her, rubbing his palms together. "Snowsong hold, right? I guess I'll see you there..."

"Lorelle the Librarian."
x
Vani / Common /Internal Dialogue
Enoleus Frostfawn
Still Running.

Words: 68094
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2013, 10:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Una Tanta on December 20th, 2013, 4:57 am

~CONGRATULATIONS~

Lorelle :
Skills
Writing +1
Socialization +1

Lores
Work: Organizing books
Work: Customer Satisfaction
Secret of Stealth: Habit
Inartans are Red Heads
Enoleus: Lives in a Tent

Comments:
Good Job! A socialization thread often gets too long or results in characters getting closer than the thread actually demands and appears staged, this was very organic.

Enolues :
Please update your CS with Fall Season Deductions before I can post your grade. PM me when you have done so and I will post your grade.
[/center]
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous