Faces in the Crowd (Sevris)

Sevris is interrupted by a Kelvic kitty.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Kalina on July 31st, 2013, 8:10 pm

Even after only a few paces of walking, the young ocelot grows bored and she begins to jump and bounce around, running in circles about his legs. Once or twice, she even swipes at the moving legs, with playful intent. But, in her immature excitement, she had not retracted her claws. She was young, however, and ego-centric, her thoughts didn't go much beyond her own little world. Any damage done was not at the front of her mind in the slightest.

He stopped, and it takes a few moments for Kalina to stop too. When she finally does, though, she glances around, following the man's gaze as he speaks to her. Many of the words spoken by the man went above her head; her grasp of language was limited and many if his words Kalina had no meaning to the Kelvic.

Nevertheless, she looks around at the lands surrounding the pair, she notices a distinct lack of humans around. She does, however, see much other life around. Her demeanour changes suddenly; not for the first time, she becomes a predator, giving into her animalistic instincts. It takes much of the ocelot kitten's self control not to charge off in pursuit of the other animals.

The man speaking once again breaks her out of her predatory state, and she glances upwards, mewling at him. She remembers why she had been brought here, what actions had led the man to take her here. He wanted her to change her form, and become human. She supposed she had to now, there was no reason she shouldn't. With one final glance around herself, she sits herself down and, closing her eyes, morphs from her ocelot form.

What's left behind is a child's body, a girl no older than six or seven, of slight, yet muscled, form. Her hair, knotted and loose, falls to about half way down her torso, and appears light brown, and almost greyish in appearance. It would hardly be surprising to the man, or anyone else who knew her as an ocelot; her fur was nigh on colourless when in that form, it made sense that her hair should be similar when she was a human. Her eyes too, maintained their mossy green qualities, and her black pupils were current slits, in such bright light.

She pushes herself up from the position she had morphed in, and stands. There is nothing about the girl's position that says she is ashamed of her naked form. She was a Kelvic, and a young one, at that; the girl had no understanding of such social constraints. "
Hello, Sir." She finally speaks, polite, as her owner had taught her to be.
Kalina
Come and play.

Words: 177677
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 12:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sevris on August 12th, 2013, 5:54 am

OOCMy bad I'm in the process of moving...which is longer than I expected. Don't have much time for posting just eye candy. But I'll keep trying.

She finally felt comfortable enough to complete her transformation. The process was short, but indeed sweet. Was this some type of magic created by the Gods? To give them such an ability. These were the types of thoughts running through his head as he witnessed a magnificent first.

A swirl of lights began to cascade around the girl, enveloping her quickly. It wasn't too blinding but he was able to see a form rise from within it. The light faded away quickly as the metamorphosis didn't take too long, almost instantaneously.

Sevris couldn't help but be impressed with such a display of magic. Magic was taught here in Ravok by another member of his family Thaedus. Morphing happened to be one of the disciplines, he would have to obtain this type of power in due time.

Out of the light stood a young girl with a type of greyish brown type of knotted hair. The rest was completely nude. It seemed to not be a problem to her, as it was not too Sevris. It didn't bother him in the slightest. Then in a voice that declared innocence she spoke. "Hello sir."

"Pleasure. The name is Sir Sevris Lazarin and you have impressed me to no end with a remarkable ability such as that. Who are you?"
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kalina on August 13th, 2013, 8:30 pm

The grin that slips onto the Kelvic's face as she is complimented is one which would have been tough to rival by any. It was one of ecstatic joy, nothing less, at being praised. She didnt understand why said praise was bipeing given to her, but she appreciated it nonetheless. Among her list of favourite things, that was quickly climbing the ladder to the top. "
Thank you, Sir."

She clasps her hands behind her back, continuing the well-known Kelvic mindset of having no shame when it comes to hiding her body. Given her strange start in life, it stretched further than that though. Her Master had taught her the importance of being covered up when out in public, but Kalina didn't really understand why. She had spent the majority of her life with no need to cover herself up, and she was set in her ways. It was a slow process, learning otherwise. As it was, the girl had nothing with her to cover herself up with.

"
Kalina, Sir." She answers softly, though brightly, "My name is Kalina." Rocking back and forth on her feet, she glances away to look around at the land around her. She was still fascinated by everything she could see, particularly the fauna. Even when not in her animal form, she could smell everything better than the average human. And the smells were overwhelming to her. She desperately wanted to run off and explore properly, something she could do equally well in human or ocelot form.

The young ocelot does not run off, however, knowing that if she did, that would be considered rude. But most of all she didn't want to risk that the man, who said his name was Sevris, would leave her stranded here. No matter how invigorating this new part of the city seemed to be to Kalina, she did not want to be left alone, even farther away from her owner, with no way to get back to him.

"
I live with Marcus, he's my Master, you see..." She turns her gaze back to him, still smiling, as if being sentient and being property to someone was the best lot that one could receive out of life. And to her, it was. Contrary to the definition of the word, the ocelot kitten was more free than she had been prior to being defined as a slave. At least she no longer resided in a cage.

"
Do you know him? He is really important... has them...miza things." She had no idea what her Master's career entailed, nor how closely linked it was to Sevris' own. It was possible the pair had crossed paths. But the ego-centric Kelvic wasn't thinking of such things; she was assuming that whoever she knew, would also be known by him, such was how the child's mind works.

"
I was with him, he was taking me shopping, and then I lost him. And then I met a woman, she had these two massive wings! And her skin was all...furry. I tasted it. And then I found Master again. And we left the woman with the wings but then I lost him and I was looking for him but then I saw you."

Kalina pauses to take a breath, "
But I do need to find him again, he might be mad at me for wandering off again. Actually he probably is but it isn't my fault, you see I find stuff and it's different and then I lose him."

She was rambling; Sevris probably noticed it, but Kalina was so caught up in her own tale that she didn't think anything wrong with it. And, as she had clearly displayed with this encounter, as well as the one with the Zith no more than half a bell earlier, the little Kelvic had no concept of the dangers that strangers could pose to her. She trusted everyone until they showed her that they couldn't be trusted.
Kalina
Come and play.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sevris on August 19th, 2013, 7:41 am

Kalina. The name would stick well with him for he had never heard of it till now. The girl remained impassive about being naked, becoming more jittery over her eagerness to run wild. Then she spoke again saying, "I live with Marcus, he's my Master, you see..." Her eyes locked on to his as she smiled and added, "Do you know him? He is really important... has them...miza things."

This made Sevris raise an eyebrow with renewed interest. Her master was someone of notice if they had their hands on mizas. Either he was of the Nitrozian, which he doubted. They weren't known to keep Kelvic partners. The latter would be they were Black Sun or Ebonstryfe.

She began to explain other things about the man, but nothing more to describe him personally besides his name Marcus. Also of other odd adentures with a Zith and her master which he found entertaining. "I believe your master may work for my superiors." This may have shot two birds with one stone. He could probably return Kalina back to this Marcus and depending on his position.

He could prove useful in this coup.

"But you seem to be a handful. To bad you have already bonded. You would be most useful." Sevris said.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kalina on August 23rd, 2013, 4:47 pm

Kalina's expression brightens, if that were even possible, given the broad grin that already rested upon her face. This man knew Marcus, or at least that was what the young Kelvic had assumed from his words. And why would she think otherwise; this man was clearly someone of importance, or maybe of self-importance... It didn't matter all that much to the girl which he was, all that mattered was that importance factored in there somewhere, and, from her Master's teachings, she was therefore aware that she must remain polite when speaking to him. Because, whether it was the case for other people or not, Marcus had become the most important person in Kalina's life, and she believed, without a shadow of a doubt, that others should feel the same way.

Best of all, the man, Sevris, she remembers his name was, could take her back to him. Once her adventure was over, that was; she wasn't ready to return to him just yet.

The ignorant little creature doesn't understand his final utterance, however, the word "bonded" being unfamiliar to her in particular. She tilts her head to the side and her eyebrows furrow, a clear sign of confusion. When she responds, it would become obvious to the man that she had misinterpreted, "
Master doesn't tie me up, Sir," she says quietly, if proudly. "He doesn't need to, you see... I'm a really good girl!" Another dazzling smile at her pronouncement, and she raises her arms, wide, to the sky, as if to say, look at me, aren't I just the best. She twirls around once - yet another display of how comfortable she was in her own skin - and drops her arms back to her side. "Except on the times I get distracted... like now..." A only just perceivable amount of shame enters her voice as she speaks this time.

But, out of the corner of her eye, she spots something small and brown shift in the long grass, a little ways off. She stares at it intently, her black pupils, previously vertical slits, dilating into wide circles that almost completely hide the green of her irises. A feral sound escapes the back of her throat, something between a growl and a purr. The brown creature disappears, however, and Kalina was not in the right form to go changing after it. She wasn't clothed and could easily go chasing after it, but doesn't, as that thought doesn't cross her mind.

Turning back to Sevris, it takes a moment for her to remember what they were talking about, and then she bristles, "
Do you have a really bad memory or something," she says, clearly forgetting the manners that she had promised herself she would remember, "I am much bigger than a handful." Her irritation causes her to forget his compliment of her being useful to him.

Kalina
Come and play.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sevris on August 24th, 2013, 1:29 am

OOCI wanna have a meeting with you and Marcus :) "And your tongue is quick. That can be expected from a young one such as yourself." It seemed that Kalina was easily distracted as her attention diverted from him consistently. He was used to people giving him their undivided attention. He walked towards her and bent down so that he was level with her.

"So where is your master by the way? It's strange that you are not with him. Should I take you to him?"
Of course there were ulterior motives behind his asking. He felt slightly connected to Kelvic, he wasn't sure if it was her nonchalant way of going about things or her evident innocence.

Funny how innocence exists in a city like Ravok. Where the God of Chaos resides and rules. He had a plan, but it wouldn't directly involve Kalina as she was to young. But he was trying to weed out all of his enemies early, he knew they existed within the Ebonstryfe and the Black Sun.

He was on better terms with the hierarchy of Ebonstryfe but the Black Sun was different. And he was not familiar with a Marcus of Ebonstryfe. So he it was time to spread his web further and wide. He had to get intel on any potential prospect.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kalina on August 26th, 2013, 9:59 pm

When Kalina turns back to look at the man, she is surprised to find him not where he was when she looked away. Instead, he was crouching down so that his eyes were level with hers, and he was a few paces closer to her than he had been. A few days ago, Kalina would not have understood what this meant, but in the amount of the she had spent with Marcus, she was beginning to learn when her behaviour was beginning to be an irritation to him.

Clearly this man felt the same way, and, through Kalina didn't recognise that him dropping to her level meant that she was forced to pay attention to him, she did know that, because he had dropped to her level, her attention was what he wanted. From her perspective, though, it was nice to have him down on her level; it hurt her neck if she had to crane it all day long to look up at someone.

She was hearing a variety of sounds all around her, sounds of which she desperately wanted to know the origin, but she remains focused on the man in front of her. The flighty Kelvic's pupils, however, remain dilated and they also appear to vibrate ever so slightly.

Now that the man was down on her level, however, and he was closer, she saw something in his eyes that she hadn't seen before, something she didn't like. Kalina, with her rather unusual upbringing, was not all the best when it came to placing emotions, giving them names and, for the most part, she couldn't tell them apart. Nevertheless she could tell the difference between good and bad ones on a general spectrum. The young girl liked the man; he seemed kind and nice enough to her, but she could now see something in his eyes that left her a little agitated and wary. What she saw could have been anything, but Kali saw everything in black and white; good or bad. there was no room in her life for grey.

Eventually, though, she nods at his question as to whether he should help her find her Master. She knew that, good or bad, she would be needing this man's help to find her owner again, especially since he had taken her on a boat to somewhere Kalina had never been to before, and she had no idea how to get back. She swallows before speaking "
Yes please, Sir." Still polite, she was a little disappointed that the man did not seem all that interested in playing with her which, in her eyes, didn't make him all that good.

"
Lost him when I saw you... where ever that was" It was also slowly dawning on the little creature that this man seemed to be taking an interest in Marcus, and had that look in her eyes after she brought him up. She made a mental note to herself to tell him; she definitely didn't want anything to happen to her Master. Ever.

OOCKali and Marcus leave Ravok on the 40th and. It's almost the end of the season so our best bet is in this thread. I'll hit him up with a PM about it but I'm sure he won't have a problem with it :)
Kalina
Come and play.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on January 7th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Grade Awarded!

Sevris

Skills

~ Observation - 1
~ Investigation - 1
~ Socialization - 1

Lores

~ Identifying A Kelvic
~ Kelvic Shifting
~ Kalina: Ocelot Kelvic

Other

N/A

Kalina

Skills

~ Observation - 2
~ Socialization - 1

Lores

~ Boats Are Not Fun

Other

N/A

Notes

Err... Sevris... the only stables are on the Lakeshore, and that's several bells away. I think that was too long a journey to be mentioned... Also, more detail in your posts would be nice :)

Was I the only one who got the feeling that Sevris was... er... abducting Kalina? It felt kinda iffy...

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous