Completed [Anthonius Training Grounds] Honor and Justice (Kreig)

Do you know what is true and what is false?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Training Grounds] Honor and Justice (Kreig)

Postby Radiant on July 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm

OOCTimestamp is changeable upon request. :)

Anthonius Training Grounds, 7th of Bell, 19th of Summer 513 A.V

An adult woman with blond hair, brown eyes, and beautiful face could be seen standing in the middle of the Training Grounds, holding her longsword's hilt with the sword inverted and piercing the ground. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be meditating or deep in thoughts, one couldn't tell by the calm yet firm aura she was emanating. This woman was one Natasha Druva, a knight of the proud Syliran Knight Order.

She was here today to enact her plan for sparring with one of her squire, a man named Kreig Messer. She wanted to temper the man, she knew he had great potential but he's still... couldn't grasp the concept of Peace and Order as taught by Sylir. Peace and Order are connected to Honor and Justice and lacking in one would result the lack in the other. The man was too 'chaotic' for his own good, as expected of someone born in that filth of a city, Sunberth. She would beat some sense... no, a lot of sense into him today.

She was getting tired of waiting... he was late for her standards and the thought of coming to him personally and dragging him out here in his sleeping attire crossed her mind, but she would wait for a little while longer...
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on July 15th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Kreig was late, this was unusual for him if that could be believed. In truth he was always an early riser and could be quite punctual, even back in Sunberth where an outsider usually didn't expect such thing. Of course most of the time he didn't have anything to do when he was in Sunberth while in its polar opposite known as Syliras offered him plenty in the morning in the way of training. However last night was most restful sleep he had in a year as his talk with Fallon softened the darkness of a reoccurring memory that haunted him.... so part of him was rather unconcerned with being late.

He also dreaded the gaze of his patron once he arrives, hurrying as he carried his personal equipment which consisted of a few wooden blades and his own steel sword, his gauntlets already worn over his fists. He also made sure to borrow padded armor from the armory, equipping it right on the spot. Part of him was excited as he made his way to the rooftop that served as the Knight's training ground, he didn't know what to expect but an in itch told him it would be something he enjoyed...
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on July 16th, 2013, 3:06 pm

A barely audible huff escaped Natasha's lips as she heard the familiar hurried footsteps of the 'educated' brawler, she opened her eyes and stationed her longsword beside her. "You... are late" She motioned for Kreig to put his belongings somewhere first.

She showed the seemingly real longsword to him "We will first begin with armed weapons training. This is a blunted steel longsword, it's non-fatal. Pick up your chosen blunted blade..." She gestured to a weaponmaster as if telling Kreig to ask for his own weapon "Yes, we will not be training with a wooden blade today. It's time you man up, Kreig"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 16th, 2013, 5:21 pm

'Well....someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning' Kreig thought as he raised an eyebrow, he expected a glare but not a frosty personality. He was usually on time after all, perhaps only thrice in the previous season had he been late so at least it was a rare occurance. He placed his equipment at a conveniant corner obscured by shadows then hurriedly returned to her.

He internally groaned as he saw the blunt blade, but it was rather her words that ellicited the silent reaction as he approached the weaponsmaster "A blunt steel blade if you may sir?" He asked corteously as the man nodded with obligation as he turned and grabbed one of the blades hanging on a rack then handed to the squire "Thank you ser".

'Man up?! I know my sword skills are quite lacking but she has to give me credit for improving my ability to knock people out with my fists' He grumbled as he held the blunt blade in his right, raising the blade and running the fingers of his gauntleted left alongside the edge, starting from the strong to the weak as he stopped at the ridge just beaneath the tip.

He sighed as he liwered the blade and returned to his patron, his own mood soured by what he believed to be her unjustified coldness to his being late. It was going to be as close to real combat apparently and one thing he was certain about was that his own experiance rivaled his patron.... Did he have her training and decipline? No, but he had unpredictabily on his side... though that was assuming it was going to be a spar, for all he knew he was going to start by performing drills again.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm

"You seem to be disapproving my statement" Natasha put up her longsword and held them elegantly in battle position with both of her hands "Brute force and recklessness are what not makes a knight. Discipline and obedience to the cause of Justice are what makes a true Syliran Knight and from what I can see, Kreig. You lack those qualities". She then waited for Kreig to be ready.

Once he had done so, Natasha nodded and provided him with the basics of today's sparring session "However... when in battle, foes will seldom act honorably, especially those Ebonstryfe scum... I want you to be prepared for the inevitable clash, acting brashly would only get you killed" She then swung her sword once, signalling for them to begin.

Natasha swiftly charged in and unleashed two swift horizontal strikes, directed at Kreig's waist. "Come on! Put up your sword!" She continued her attack by planting her feet firm on the ground and thrusting her blade slightly upward aiming at his chest, she wanted to see on how her squire would react and assess his performance.

OOCIf you want, you are free to control Natasha's combat actions as well, but make sure to play by your skill level. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 23rd, 2013, 7:42 pm

'Reaaaaallly, your telling a brawler from Sunberth that foes seldom act honorably. I'm certain I've never learned that one as I grew up, fighting for my life against the scum just never seemed to give time for such things ' Kreig thought as raised an eyebrow at that statement, as if someone told him the sky was blue in a tone that suggested something new was discovered.

He didn't resent being called reckless and undisciplined, the brawler supposed that despite them being a weakness they were also a strength. In Sunberth he knew what was right and what was wrong, so why would he need such things if he could just do whats right? He was about to ask that before his dear patron rushed at him with her horizontal strikes, raising his blade with the flat facing forward to block the incoming blows. He didn't quite have the time to redirect the attack with the sword, but he an armored left fist that would do the job for him as the back of his left gauntlet direct the blade away from him and allowed it to stab air.

He didn't have time to stab or swing the blade but he would close the distance as he stepped in and thrusted the swords pommel to attempt strike at her abdomen. If that did not work he would perform a leg sweep and drop her to the ground, following it by swinging the sword down her chest.

"Your going to have to explain more about your justice Sera, because I have my own views of this 'justice' you so speak off"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 24th, 2013, 8:43 am

"That is precisely why you're lacking, boy. Your sarcasm does not do you well... HA!" Natasha evaded the pommel strike by swiveling her body to his side and before his feet could perform the sweep, Natasha struck the back of his neck with her sword, disorienting him.

She then unleashed a flurry of combo with her longsword, performing precise strikes and stabs, each time loosening the grip Kreig had on his own blade. She overwhelmed the brawler and knocked his sword from his grip. She then pointed the tip of her dulled blade near his neck

"Foolish, Kreig. If you have your own view of justice then you should not be here, being a squire of the Order of Sylir... I'm disappointed. You should know better if you are ever going to become a knight, you need to abandon your views and fully embrace the teachings of Sylir. Your Sunberth mentality does not apply here" Natasha put down her sword and stationed it at her side, she then backed away to give Kreig some room. "Pick up your blade, Kreig. We're not done yet"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 24th, 2013, 2:33 pm

'Well... petch' Was the brawlers only thoughts before he felt to the stinging blow to the back of his neck, disoriented and surprised that he wasn't knocked out. Petch it was all she needed as she performed a flurry of attacks that the brawler could hardly defend against with a bloody sword, his grip loosening with each blow till it flew out of his hands and now he was staring down a blunt tip, but then he glared at his patron who looked like she was in an UNBELIEVABLE bitchy mood this day 'Petch her' he thought.

"You don't ask someone to abandon the views that helped them survive Sera, thats just incredibly rude, disrespectful and a tad bit ignorant" Acid dripped from each word as he went to retrieve the blade " You know nothing nothing of it, and it being a place of scum and anarchy hardly counts my dear Sera" He grasped the blade, swinging the annoying thing as it cut air "I have lived there, as you have lived here....my personal justice stands because unlike you, I was born as part of the scum and I know all the reasons they do what they do, from the worst to the most tragic. I will never get rid of that mentality, I will never forget what tought me to differentiate the hearts of man from the hearts of monsters" He looked at his gauntlets, tightening their grip on the sword. He was utterly horrible with a sword, but he had his gauntlets and by Dira he was going to give that arrogant bitch a punch she would never forget.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 24th, 2013, 4:37 pm

"No, Kreig, I'm not the one who ask you to abandon your flawed views. You are the one who vowed to do it when you enter this order, Kreig. If you ever want to become a true knight, you better listen, I would not pass my initiation if I didn't change" Natasha spoke, her tone was much calmer than her squire.

"Quaint that you can say I know nothing... very well" she suddenly put down her sword and turned her back on Kreig. "True change can only happen from within, Kreig. If you still insist on clinging to your old views then very well, you can leave, no one is stopping you. Pick up your belongings and resign, Kreig. I better spend my time with men and women that understands what it means to be the soldiers of Sylir".
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 24th, 2013, 5:51 pm

"Yes, my FLAWED views, not the ones I know to be right" Kreig said to her as he stabbed the sword into the earth " I don't care about becoming a true knight, whats the point of that if you aren't a good person Sera?" Kreig asked her " I mean I'm honestly surprised by the knights I've seen in this city, condescending to anyone who isn't there own. Anything non-human that breaks a crime doesn't even get a trial! What non-humans that are part of the squire hood are treated with suspicion and ire! Shyke, a Myrian might care more than you do"

"If a soldier of SYLIR, your PATRON who preaches peace and civilization,is so passionate about justice yet not their own citizens, how can true peace reign? The people flock to you for protection but fear your supervision, they admire your power and dislike your cold and seemingly heartless gaze at the same time!" His eyes furrowed as he picked the sword up and pointed at her back " If the people have to fear their protectors, then what point is the JUSTICE that your trying to force down on me but want me to leave if I puke it out? I don't want the people I protect to fear me like I would cut them where they stood, I want to give them safety and my devotion! What point is my honor if I even fail to treat them like people SERA!? What point is it if they only see a man in steel but not the kind heart that hides beneath it?" He looked at her back, petch, is this the woman he traveled and bonded with all the way from Sunberth during that cold winter where wolves and bandits attacked them? Is she so cold that she only sees the word 'Justice' and not the people it was meant to protect beneath its banner? " If I leave, then I leave an order that has not proved me wrong even once. The only good knights I've met are you and Ser Imass, and petch that's one thing to admit about an Akalak whose so zealous that a suicidal Worshiper of Dira would tell him to calm the petch down"

He looked around him, a curious glance or two from the few that were here, perhaps he spoke too loud, but petch them "Bottom line is Sera, my justice is caring about the good people I protect and what they hold dear from the heartless and depraved monsters, peace and order second.... if that is the views, that so called Sunberth mentality, I must abandon to embrace yours, than I pity you and your citizens" He said to her coolly before lowering his blade " I'm not going to leave, because I know my reasons for wanting to become a knight, and I won't dare forget it"
"I like to think of myself as an educated br
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next