Closed A Day at the Docks [Gale]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Day at the Docks [Gale]

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 18th, 2013, 4:27 am

He looked at Kendhl in surprised when she touched his hair. He should've known by now she was open enough to do that. The girl's breath caught in her throat. His eyes... They were so blue. Was it possible that one could have such blue eyes? It was almost as if Laviku himself blessed those eyes. She paused in twirling the hair around her finger for a moment, then continued. If he minded, he would've told her. He didn't seem like the kind to keep his annoyance to himself. His name seemed to float in the air for a long while after it was spoken.

"Gale."

She smiled. It fit him. The Kelvic answered his next question.

"Kendhl Pilkvist. That's Kendhl with an 'H', not an 'A'. I may be a Kelvic, but I can at least spell my name. Yours is like the weather, right? I spent a few days on a Svefra ship and experienced one. It wasn't fun, but then again, you're not much fun either, Mr. Prude-Pants. What're you going to draw?"

His eyes were on the blank page of the sketchbook in front of him, the charcoal in his hand.

Gale.

The man certainly fit the name. It was a good, strong one. She wondered what his last name was. He looked like an artist, so it might be the family business. Or did artists get paid for their work? Probably the really great ones, but not the others. No doubt he'd have another source of income. The girl reached up with her other hand to run both of them through his hair, giggling at how the curls sprang back to their original shape. She liked his hair. It was soft. Kendhl wanted to bury her face in it. She was that strange.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 18th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Common Vani Nari Others

Kendyl. That doesn't sound like an Otter's name. But what did he know about Otters? Little to none. However, if Gale had a pet Otter, he would name it something like...Benny. Booster, Caddy, and Dan seemed like good Otter names as well. Perhaps Bob. Ha! Get it? Because they float in the water! It is decided. Bob will be his pet Otter's name. That is, if he ever gets one.

Gale snickered at himself, not paying attention to her rant about the spelling of her name. He only came into the conversation again when she mentioned 'Like' and 'Weather'. What did she ask? Something about him liking the weather? "Yeah, it is not too bad out here today compared to the rest of the season. Been blimey hot. Luckily you can just shift and swim in the water all day." She continued to speak, this time about sailing on a ship. Gale had never met a Svesra nor had he been on a ship of any kind. Although Zeltiva had tons of ships, the artist never took interest in sailing. Or boats at all, for that matter. They never looked interesting or fun. "Is that my new nickname or did you forget my name already?" Another drastic change in the conversation. "Well..." The pessimist look back down at the page. "I do not know yet." He bit the insides of his cheek absently. "I was going to think of something until a fish landed on me." A playful glare with a single chuckle.

The murderer looked down at the paper again. Imagining all the things that could take up the page. A field of grass, flames burning in a camp fire, even a boat. He started to bite his cheek again out of habit before Kendhl decided to run both her hands through his hair, pulling his head back a bit. Gale's face went blank once more before looking at her giggle in giddy. Who knew hair could bring so much joy to a person. Must be why Hana-...make that most woman- always took her time braiding and brushing their hair. Whatever makes a person happy, he supposed.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 18th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Kendhl gave him an amused look. "I never said anything about liking the weather, silly! I said your name is like the weather. Whose head is in the clouds now, hm? Ha-ha."

Completely oblivious to the momentary stares of the dockworkers at their interactions, the girl pulled gently on a curl. The way his head tilted back when she ran her hands through his hair was funny. He was handsome, that's for sure. One of the darker handsomes, not like in a pretty kind of way. She liked that. It was mature. His face was blank for some odd reason, and it made her self-conscious. She ran a hand through her hair again, shaking the water out. An idea came to her.

She picked up one of his hands, placing it on the top of her head. A giggle rose in her throat, bubbling out of her mouth. The Kelvic gently swayed back and forth, keeping her eyes on his face. She wanted to capture every second of his expression in her memory. She liked watching the humans. This one seemed lonely.

"Why are you so sad?"

The question was nosy, she granted, but she wanted to know. Kendhl wasn't just some airheaded little girl in Zeltiva, like most thought. She was quick, and wanted to help people.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 18th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Common Vani Nari Others

"Hmhm. I see your point, but spacing out is different than being bubbly." He gave a sort of a chuckle.

He glanced at her after she stopped playing with his hair but returned to look around for some sort of inspiration for a drawing. Suddenly, his hand was taken and placed on something wet. Whipping around to see what the Otter was doing with eyes wide, he was met by her stare. The wet mass was her hair, which awfully confused Gale. Did she want him to play with her hair? That seemed a little sudden. But what can you expect from a Kelvic. Kelvics were always wild, were they not? An eyebrow perked up with suspicion along with a signature smirk.

The man pulled his hand away though when she questioned him on a fairly broad subject. Sadness wasn't a topic he liked much. His smirk was replaced by a frown and an inquisitive look. It took several ticks for him to answer," Why do you keep asking that?" He already knew the answer. 'Because I'm happy and I want you to be happy too.'

A sudden loud slap caught his attention as the fish suddenly decided to make a break for the water. Flopping about with the tide rolling slowly back and forth under it, it flipped and slapped and waved, doing a short lived dance before laying still, panting again. Watching it with a puzzled look, Gale set down his notebook and charcoal and scooted over, picking it up but the tail again. He scooted back, holding it up,"You want this still?" If she didn't, the Zeltivan wouldn't mind having it. All it needed was a rinse and some heat then it would make a great meal. He didn't know how to cook, but it is never to late to learn.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 19th, 2013, 1:24 am

Kendhl pouted as the hand was pulled away. He had almost smiled, too. It was a smirk, but then it was replaced by a frown. Gale took a few moments to answer.

"Why do you keep asking that?"

"I just figured you'd want to tell someone. It's no fun being around sad people, Mr. Prude-Pants."

The slap of tail against water caught their attention and they turned their heads in sync. It was the fish. She had forgotten about the fish. Gale set down his sketchbook and moved to the fish, then scooted back and held it up. He asked if she wanted it.

"Eh... Not really. I already had a good breakfast of clams and abalone today. You can have it. Do you know how to cook?"

If he didn't know how to cook, she'd learn with him. It would be an alternative to raw fish and clams. Not that she didn't like them, she just found it more convenient to eat them raw.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 19th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Common Vani Nari Others

"Well, it is no fun hanging around people who are prying at you about your past, Bob." It was a sad attempt to get back at her.

Of course she already had breakfast. Was she making that ticking sound? If so then she was the loudest eater Gale had ever heard, and Ricky was pretty loud. Especially when he was talking about a grand tale when doing so. "Tick Tick Tick." He mumbled subconsciously to himself in remembrance. "No." The blonde shook his head.

It was disappointing to look back and see that he never had cooked for himself. He learned how to roam the market and buy decent, cooked fish at a young age, but he never cooked anything for his own. As a matter of fact, he never attempted to catch a fish for himself. Guess this is his first catch. And hopefully it will make a wonderful dinner. "But it cannot be that hard. I see people cook them all the time at the market. Does not look all that difficult." The murderer scavenged through his backpack with his free hand, pulling out his eating knife. The blade was plunged into the fishes eye, where the fish stopped moving and laid limp on the blade. "Want the eye at least?" The Zeltivan chuckled, vaguely gesturing to her with the fish in a brief offering. Unless she really did want the eyes, then she could have them. Gale never liked the head of the fish. Or the head of anything. Though he never tried the head of a dog... He would bet anything that would be absolutely marvelous. That single thought made the widower's mouth water as he looked at the fish. Gale hated dogs.

Placing his sketchbook and charcoal back in his bag, he decided he would draw later.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 19th, 2013, 3:45 pm

'Bob?' What was he trying to do, tease her? Her face was filled with confusion, since she wasn't one to keep her emotions to herself, like this man. She still wanted to know why he was sad. If he wouldn't tell her, she would wait. She was a patient girl. Kendhl didn't get why he didn't just tell her, or anyone for that matter. And then he couldn't cook.

"You can't cook? At all? It's more difficult than you'd think, at least for me. I don't see how people manage to get them almost perfect at the market. No thanks, about the eye. They're... not as delicious."

She never liked the eyes, nor the head. They were slimy. The Kelvic noted that his mouth was watering at the sight of the fish. He was definitely strange. The sketchbook and charcoal went back in Gale's bag, and she decided something and acted on it. Her arms wrapped around him, hugging him tightly. She would be his friend. The paleness of Kendhl's eyes focused on him, refusing to waver.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 19th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Common Vani Nari Others

Looking at Kendhl with a sort of smile, he responded," Get it? You're an Otter. You bob in the water." It sounded much funnier to him. "If you keep calling me Mr. Prude-Pants I will have no choice but to keep calling you Bob." A shrug.

By the way she talked, she had cooked before. So at least one of them had experience. "I am not sure about that. It just takes practice. If you do not start sometime then you will never learn." He put his backpack on, ready to stand up. However, if she had some experience in cooking, then he could use any help he could get...Seeing as she was already attated to him. "So you have cooked befo-" The man stopped dead in his sentence and froze when she hugged him.

His arms naturally clenched and glued themselves to his sides in nervousness as he held his breathe. He was hugging an almost naked woman. Practically a naked woman. That he barely knew at all! What was she thinking? A long, high pitched note strung out of Gale mouth, sounding very similar to a dying seagull.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeooooooookaaaaaaay." The pessimist looked at her with a contorted, awkward grin. "Uuuh.W-what are you doing?" Utter shock wavering in his voice.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 19th, 2013, 5:41 pm

She was definitely not pleased with his reaction. Or was she? Either way, he was getting all awkward over a hug. A hug, of all things. Didn't he hug strangers? Obviously not. His arms were practically stitched to his sides and he wasn't breathing. Poor nervous thing. He sounded like someone was strangling a gull. He was smiling, though. That was good, even if it was a bit twisted and cringing. A smile is a smile, right?

I knew he needed a hug. I'm always right when it comes to hugs...

She smiled up at him, flashing her teeth.

"I'm hugging you, duh. What's it look like? Have you never gotten a hug before? You must be very lonely."

He sounded shocked, which dragged a bark of laughter from her throat. Of course he hadn't gotten a hug before. He was a pessimist. Kendhl hugged him tighter and giggled. She didn't get the nickname get gave her, though.

"You're funny, Prude-Pants."
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 19th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Common Vani Nari Others

This girl was getting too attached. Gale wasn't sure if it was a Kelvic thing or an Otter thing or simply just a her thing! But whatever it was, he didn't like it. Someone couldn't get too attached to a person they were more than likely never see again. After all, Zeltiva was a big city. She flashed a smile and questioned him once again.

Has he ever been hugged before? Has he. Ever been.Hugged. Before. He was married at one point, Dammit! Of course he has been hugged before! As a matter of fact, he probably has been more physical with someone than she ever had! Unless she had sex with a stranger too. Given her personality and conformant around others, he wouldn't be too surprised.

"Of course I have been hugged before. But why are you hugging me? Do you know what limits are?" The artist questioned as he pulled his arms away from him to get her arms away. "You might be fine and dandy with things like this, but I am not you, so if you do not mind, give me some space, would you?" A furious glare from his irritated eyes.

It wasn't the fact that she was hugging him that was the problem. It was... her...hugging hi- Okay, so it was. But all she had was a shirt on, they were almost complete strangers, she was wet, and she was essentially and Otter! That part could have been worse, like a cat or a dog, but...An Otter! It was as if this lass had no comprehension of personal space or comfort zones. One can get used to people trying to make him happy, but he'll never get used to someone hugging him and messing with his hair to do so. If that was what she was after anyway. That was another thing! He had no clue why she was doing this! Gale was completely in the dark with her actions and the man had no idea what she was going to do next.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext