[Flashback] Seeing and Touching (Azilis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on August 9th, 2010, 2:48 pm

"I think it incumbent upon us to admit the possibility that we are merely tricking ourselves into believing the pain has decreased, but even if that is the case, psychosomatic control over pain could be helpful. The illusion of no pain in the aftermath of a magical mishap might be what keeps us clear-headed enough to do immediate damage control..."

Hadrian liked to turn even mistakes to his advantage if possible, though they had yet to ascertain whether they had made a mistake or a discovery. Or, even, a rediscovery. So much had been lost with the Valterrian.

"It bears further experimentation and study, I think." He smiled, face flushing with excitement as he let his meditative state fall away. "We're going to have to continue with these study sessions, Azilis. We're innovating before they teach us so much that we fall into line with previous conceptions of magic."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Azilis Theroulde on August 10th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Azilis listened to Hadrian intently. “Yes, it could certainly be helpful, staving off the physical symptoms and keeping one calm enough to get help...I see.”

She ceased trying to keep a hold on the Djed she had channeled to her palm, wanting to see what happened when that peculiar buzzing stopped. Azilis imagined the Djed draining away, back into her astral body from which it had come. But the pain didn't return to the level that it had been at before, and she felt a small spark of excitement at the idea that their experiment had succeeded in some way. “Call me an idealist, but I think the results are significant enough to keep exploring...we'll have to try again, of course. To see if this was just a fluke, or if there's more to build upon.” Hadrian's enthusiasm was contagious, and she began to gesture with her hands as she talked. “Using auristics to further our experimentation on the Flux was successful, though, that much we know. There are so many disciplines we haven't even looked at yet...projection, voiding, morphing...not to mention the world magics, like your magecrafting, of course. Think of the possibilities of combining various practices from each of those...”

“But forgive me, I'm getting ahead of myself.” She shot a smile at him. “We are only students, after all. Though you're right, this is invaluable for me, Hadrian, to practice this sort of thing before I begin my formal education. To experiment without regards to what I'm expected to produce.”

She paused. “And if you want to continue our sessions, well, I'm certainly game. There are so many more things for us to do...”

OOC :
Would you like to finish it up?
~O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!~

-Miranda, The Tempest
Azilis Theroulde
Aurist in Training

Words: 57571
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2010, 2:13 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Hadrian on August 11th, 2010, 6:40 am

"Excellent, excellent!" He beamed at his young partner-in-crime. "Well, I really think we should end on a good note rather than overexert ourselves in our excitement. There will be plenty of opportunities to wear ourselves out and mess ourselves up beyond repair."

He grinned at his gallows humor, too.

"But yes, conceivably we could work through the basics of most disciplines together, and at least see which ones are worth following. I suppose we will end up having talents for certain ones. I imagine you will always be the better aurist. After all, it's in your blood.

"Let's go get some lunch, shall we?"

END
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Daoloth on February 4th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Let me unveil your rewards

Name:Hadrian
XP Award: Auristics: 3, meditation:3 teaching:2,flux:3
Lore Award:The rainbow that is ones aura, possiblilities with the subtilities of flux, Anatomy: blood circulation[Oxygen poor/rich], precieving changes in ones auristics, flux mishaps,

Name:
XP Award:Singing:1, meditation:3,Auristics:3,flux:2
Lore Award:Similarities between flux and auristics, embarasement from messing up, different people different vieuws,flux mishaps,Flux its a good painkiller

reasons :
Well both auristics and meditation is fairly obvious you used it, a lot. Flux was gained for the exercises that you both did. Though Hadrian got an extra one for the failed one that Azilis didn't do.
Azilis also got a point in singing because of the little tune she was singing at the start and hadrian got some teaching points for the teaching he did.

Additional Notes
I am certainly intrigued about how you see the flux and possible uses besides the obvious ones in the lore. Tough while I am encouraging that kind of behavior with magic keep in mind always clear stuff that is radically different with tarot or another founder first. I really don't want to get in trouble for accidentally pointing people down the wrong path ^^;

As always PM me when something is not right in your opinion. I'll listen

Daoloth
The render of Veils

Words: 3758
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 8:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous