Completed [The Great Bazaar] Law and Order (Kreig)

Make your choice on what is right.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Law and Order (Kreig)

Postby Radiant on July 27th, 2013, 5:48 pm

The Great Bazaar, 15th of Bell , 43rd of Summer 513 A.V

OOCTimestamp changeable upon request. :)

A boy, no older than fourteen years old, was running, he ran for his life, clutching a loaf of bread in his dirty hands. He didn't thought the store owner could be so persistent, it was just loaf of bread for Sylir's sake! He got tons of them in his stall! Nevertheless, the boy realized he was breaking the law by stealing in a sense... even though it was for feeding his starving sister in the Bittern District.

He ran, using his small stature to whizz pass the sea of bodies, but his luck seemed to be out when he tripped "Ah..." and the bread came flying from his hands into the dirty unsanitary stone floor (for a food at least). His bruised knee gave enough time for the stall owner to catch up and grabbed him by the collar "I had enough of you thieving rats!" He then proceeded to drag the boy back to his stall "I'm going to report you and perhaps, the knights would be so gracious in kicking a rat like you out of the city!"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on July 27th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Kreig had to admit, he liked his new clothing, sure they're simple. Nothing but a black shit and white breaches, but he had also bought some armor and a few other goodies that rested comforabtly back at the dormitory. Ine of the new things that he did carry hanged a by a thread around his waist; a new pair of guantlets with studs at the knuckles 'Can't wait to find an oppertunity to test them out' He grinned, then came a rumbling noise from his stomach, it was not difficult to discern why that noise came 'Well petch, I'm hungry' It was still a few bells away from dinner time back at the dormitory, but as luck would have it there was a stall in the distance that seemed to be selling bread.... and a man who seemed to be rough handling a youth, not even old enough to grow hair on his chin, dragging him back to the stall.

He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as he made his way there, concern showing on his face 'What the petch was going on' he wanted to ask, but instead said " Excuse me, I'm a squire from the order. What seems to be going on here?"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on July 28th, 2013, 3:48 am

"Why did you do that?"

"Sir, I-"

"No! I don't want any explanation!" The merchant cut off the boy even though he asked the boy to explain and slapped the side of his head while still holding him by the collar. He was furious and seething, he did good work for the bread to feed his family and children, some kind coming and stealing his life's work was very unacceptable. Sure, it may be just one bread, but letting go one culprit would attract more and more and more until one day, he would have nothing left and his own family would starve.

The appearance of a squire brought a smile to the baker's face and a gasp from the boy. He approached the squire, the boy still in tow "Ah Ser! This boy here..." he gestured at the boy like he was some kind of vermin "stole my bread. I made those with my own hands, it's my life's work to feed my family, and some vermin just come and try to rip it out from me. Sure, you can think it's just one bread, but letting one go would attract more and more, Ser"

The boy looked down, he knew perfectly well that the merchant was right... but what could he do? His father was a no-good drunkard, his mother was a depressed woman who refused to even provide basic care for her children, and his little sister was starving and malnourished. "S-sir... If I may spe-"

"Silence, boy!"

"No! Sir! I must tell you!" The boy shouted with all his might "I have a starving sister at our home!! And my parents refused to take care of us! They don't even care!"

"Sure, boy... I believe ya..." The merchant rolled his eyes, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 28th, 2013, 4:24 am

Kreig couldn't help but give a disapproving glare at the man than he he turned his gaze to the youth, softening and giving him a sympathetic stare, though one could consider it a tad creepy. The boy looked rather skinny for his age and height 'Petch I'm surprised he can still stand' Came the thought. The problem was that the Baker was in the right 'I wish he wasn't" Kreig scratched the back of his head as he closed his eyes pondering the situation.

'Fact of the matter is, the Order is rather strict about its laws... this boy could hardly be considered a man so there could be a degree of leniancy' He sighed as he cursed himself, he dind't much had to think about these things before 'I could probably pay the man for the bread, but that solves nothing in the longterm and the thieves he feared so much could indeed come for his bread. And what about that boy's sister? If the parents are so damn uncaring...' He tapped the ground repeatedly with the the tip of his boots.

Openng his eyes he looked at the lad "Boy, can you show me where you live?" He then reached to his money pouch which contained most of his money and tossed it to the baker "That should contain at least 60 gold rimmed miza's, if you could oblige me and close the shop up early, the money should cover any loss of business for the day. I'd also appreciate if you carried with you a few loaf of breads and followed us, I'd like to make sure I get a firm grasp of the situation before I pass my decision" ' Though honestly I don't know if I get the last say in this' He finished the thought as he sighed internally "If there is indeed a little girl suffering from malnourishment then I'd rather not have a guilty conscious"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 28th, 2013, 12:10 pm

"Yes, Ser... I can. It's the Bittern District. Though you might not like it..." The boy answered with hesitation. He didn't want them to actually on what a mess his apartment really is, but the look on Kreig's eyes showed that he actually wanted to help him so he nodded.

The baker's black eyes widened in surprise when Kreig tossed him a pouch, he released his hold on the boy's collar and stumbled to catch it. "Woah, Sir! What?" His eyes widened even more when Kreig said he would give him that much money for just closing his shop for one day. "No no no, absolutely not, Ser!" He answered with a firm tone and gave the pouch back to Kreig "I'm an honest merchant and I do my business honestly, I cannot take the money which I do not deserve, same as this boy who cannot take something he does not deserve" He gave a disapproving glare at the quivering boy. The boy just meekly mumbled for forgiveness, feeling bad for stealing from such an honest man.

"My assistant will take care of the shop while I'm gone, Ser, it's no trouble" He then turned back to his shop and called for his assistant, a young woman with blond hair, he spoke something to the woman and grabbed four loafs of bread, putting them inside a basket. "You want me to follow you, to see if this boy is lying or not, yes? Fine" The merchant assumed Kreig would cover for these breads should he asked him to give them to the boy's family.

"Right, lead us to your family, boy. Let's see if you're telling the truth" The merchant's tone was softening now that he got his anger under control, but still kept the firm authoritative tone.

"P-please, this way, Ser..." The boy then walked away from Bazaar, followed by Kreig and the baker.

Bittern District

They finally arrived in front of an apartment in the Bittern District, a dirty apartment to be more exact. The merchant was frowning, he was starting to believe the boy was not lying at all, but still it didn't justify his crimes, no matter what, stealing was stealing. He was an honest businessman and did not deserve to be robbed. The boy opened the door and gestured for both of them to enter....

Inside, They could feel a foreboding aura this apartment emitted, like this place was a graveyard. They continued walking until they pass a seemingly out-of-it woman, sitting on a chair with her eyes glazed and empty. It was the mother. "F-father... did that to her..." The boy explained.

Finally they arrived at the bed, a very skinny little girl with back-length ragged brown hair, she seemed to be asleep. It was clear that this girl didn't receive the proper care a growing child should had. "I-it's my siste-..."

"FOOD?! DO I SMELL FOOD?!" The door was barged open and a drunkard entered, he inhaled and smell the delicious aroma the breads emitted. "Give me that!" He stomped into the room and reached out with his grubby dirty hands at the bread basket. The merchant frowned in anger, both at the state of the children and the fact that this man was the cause, he gestured for Kreig to deliver swift justice at him.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 28th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Kreig had to admit, he was gaining a little more respect for the baker as he refused the money and tossed it back. Kreig caught with the palm of his left with a curious rise of his brow before tying it to the back of his waist 'Still have to pay him for the bread though' but that could wait till the situation was resolved. They had followed the lad back to his home, the corridors serving as the streets of the Bittern district reminding him too much of Sunberth.

Once they arrive to the quarters that served as the family's abode, Kreig was more than a little perturbed. The mother of a family looked as if she lost her soul, eyes blank like an empty vessel as she just sat there, but what tugged at the strings of his heart was the state of the little girl... asleep and quite malnourished. Anger began to grow within him, and he heard the voice of the fool who brought his own family to this state. Kreig backhanded the drunkard with his left hand before giving a quick glance to the Baker and the lad.

"Take the girl and bring a knight here" He said with what seemed to be a calm voice, but he was fairly they could tell otherwise "And lets not mention the boys umm...mistake...shall we?" He was going to beat this fool up before restraining him, he was certain no one would mind that.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 28th, 2013, 2:32 pm

"Right, Ser" The baker gave the boy the bread basket and gently picked up the girl. "Come, let's get you fed and cleaned up, both of you and... errr, your mother too" The boy nodded and immediately pulled his mother out of the chair, his mother just obeyed and followed like an automaton.

They swiftly went out of the door, the baker was the last to leave, he first gave Kreig a rather disapproving look "No, Ser. A crime is a crime, but I will explain the Knight the circumstances on why the boy did it". Closing the door, it was a silent sign that Kreig got all the time in the world to teach this petcher a hard lesson, at the end of his fists... and elbow... and boots...

"Y-you! Bastard! Scum! Motherf-" The shouts and insults just went all out as the drunkard threw the mug he was carrying at Kreig and promptly charged at him.

OOCBeat him up, Dear Educated Brawler! Feel free to RP on how it goes. I expect to see an awesome combat post in your next reply! :D
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 28th, 2013, 4:18 pm

' Petch, you live in this city you damn idiot... I just hope your right and they have a sympathetic bone in their body that could let them come up with something better than slave in the mines or get exiled or whatever' Kreig thought as he glanced at the baker before the door closed behind him. He turned a hateful glare to the drunken father, cracking his nuckles and popping the joints in his own neck. Kreig didn't bother to dodge the mug as the man evidently could aim only for the walls behind the Brawler. The man's charging on the otherhand, was another and very easy matter as Kreig stepped to the left side with his right foot extended, causing the man to trip and stumble into the wall.

"Now dear gent, I know you can do better than that" Kreig said as he watched the drunken fool slowly stand up, his balance shaky due to the alcohol that seemed to be constantly flowling through his body "Idiots like you back in Sunberth, I can understand...in a city like this..." he shook his head as the Drunk began to move slowly towards the brawler, before launching a wide and miserable looking right punch that Kreig had no trouble catching with his own palm, though he had to admit he didn't expect the obvious headbutt. The kissing of forheads would leave the mark on both, the grin on the drunkards face left as he realised the blow didn't do much as Kreig leaned back his own head and launched a more devestating headbutt that left the drunkard stumbling back a bit before having Kreig grab him by the arm and pulled him into a knee strike to his abdomen. The Drunk fell to his sides, grasping his stomach as he unleashed the fould fluids that lay in his stomach.

Kreig honestly wanted to do more to this man, but at this point he didn't want to risk breaking any rules that could lead to his own so-called trial ' 'Sides, there is a limit to abusing sods like this' He thought before giving the Drunk a light tap to the head with his boot, Now he had to just wait for the Baker to return with the knight.

"By their dead god, I hope their tin heads aren't up their arses"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on July 28th, 2013, 5:14 pm

"What is that I hear about tin can?" A gruff, authoritative voice spoke from just outside the door, which immediately opened and three knights in their armor walked in to their apartment. Ser Wade, a middle-aged man, along with two other younger knights approached the squire and gave him an examining look, then their attention turned to the obviously beaten up drunkard under his feet. "Heard that the Baker actually called you 'Ser', huh? Looking quite the knight now, Kreig" The veteran knight gave Kreig a smirk directed on how unfitting that title was for this unruly squire.

"We heard the story. A drunkard bastard of a father, hm? Fine job you did there. Boys, get him" Wade gestured and the two knights immediately obeyed, roughly picked up the bastard and hauled him out of the apartment. "Squire Kreig, Patron... Sera Natasha" Ser Wade put his gauntlet-wearing arm to his stubble on his chin and studied Kreig's face as if making sure it was him and not some other guy who looked like Kreig.

"That man would work his bones out at the Iron Mines, to pay for what he did..." He gave a brief explanation to Kreig, that was the easy part, now the easier part "The mother would be taken care of by healers until she recovers... if she recovers, if not well... we'll see." Wade noticed Kreig was obviously not satisfied with his explanation, the look on the Brawler's eyes demanded to tell him on what would be the children's fate.

"The girl would go to the orphanage, and the boy... he did genuinely tried to steal a man's hardwork, squire. If he only just asked and explained, perhaps the baker would be willing to help, but no, he just had to steal, so once he's healthy enough, work in the mines for a season then off to the orphanage, he would be trained in a skill so he can make a living" Wade rested his right hand near his longsword and left hand stationing his shield, a typical posture of a patrolling knight, he approached the squire. "Any questions, squire?"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on July 28th, 2013, 5:34 pm

'Oh, that was quicker than I thought' Kreig thought as he grinned sheepishly, not quite apologetic about the remark. He couldn't help but scratch the back of his head as he mentioned the fact that the Baker kept calling him ser " Considering the situation I didn't quite feel the need to correct him" Kreig remarked as he looked at the drunkard one last time before hauling him away.

He couldn't help but stiffen as the man recalled his name and Patron, he didn't quite know Ser Wade 'though the name wade does illicit a very recent memory' came the thought, but that memory involved a young man who was ten years Kreig's senior and the knight before was at least perhaps ten to twenty his senior.

He honestly didn't care about the father, honestly he considered what he was getting off light but who knows? He may learn 'Doubt that' The mother....feth she doubt she would be herself in the near future and it actually pained him because of he thought of his own and how he felt when he lost her. Kreig wondered what would happen to her if she ever regained any coherence and realized her children where at an orphanage.

Then came the children...now that was the hardest as he gave the knight a questioning look "Pardon my course language ser, but petch" Kreig thought as he pulled a chair and sat on it, fact of the matter was he understood why the boy stole the loaf of bread "I understand he has be punished, but the boy obviously didn't have much of a role model to learn how to at least ask politely... I know its pointless to ask, but couldn't you at least lighten it to a half season? shyke you could have work off his debt for the baker and perhaps get him an apprenticeship with the man, heck at least the apprentice ship if he still has to work a full bloody season at the mines" He looked at the man with pleading eyes, honestly he wanted to know more than ever that the children would be ok, the girl he was certain she will be alright but the boy working at the mines... Petch, the fact that many of the felons tended to work there as well made him fear for his safety and he was wondering if he should voice that thought.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next