The Thumbed Page

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

The Thumbed Page

Postby Alexandre Askara on July 30th, 2013, 1:08 am

The Thumbed Page

Business Type: Goods and Services

Goods and Services Offered
Copying of Books Under 100 Pages: 10 GM
Copying of Books Between 200 & 400 Pages: 15 GM
Copying of Books Over 400 Pages: 25 GM
Copying of Letters and/or Notes: 5 GM
Forgery of Signatures: 7 GM
Forgery of Any Complete Document: 15 GM
Professional Proofreadings: 10 CM
1 oz. Ink Vial: 4 GM
Blank Book: 6 GM
Quill: 1 SM
Sheet of Paper: 1 GM
Sheet of Parchment: 5 SM
Parchment Scroll: 2 GM
Leather Scrollcase: 3 GM
Watertight Scrollcase: 13 GM

Base Income
Scribe - 3 GM per day
Skill Bonus: 1 GM per day for Competent Copying
Total Income: 4 GM per day

Employees: The Thumbed Page will employ one slave clerk and his expenses will be taken care of by Alexandre. Alexandre will then do all written work from his room, while the slave runs the shop itself.
Assets:
Elaborite Shop: -2000 GM
30 Blank Books: -90 GM
50 Quills: -2 GM 50 CM
20 1 oz. Vials of Ink: -40 GM
100 Sheets of Paper: -100 GM
100 Sheets of Parchment: -50 GM
50 Parchment Scrolls: 5 SM
20 Leather Scrollcases: -20 GM
10 Watertight Scrollcases: -50 GM
2 Good Arm Chairs: -16 GM
1 Good Couch: -6 GM
1 Good Bookcase: -20 GM
Fireplace: -15 GM
Hearth: -6 GM
Total Cost = 2415 GM 5 SM 50 CM

Debt: 2415 GM 5 SM 50 CM owed to the Home Sweet Askara Plantation.

*Note on Slave
Cross, the shop clerk, has close ties to the owner (see the backstory here) and thus is trusted by said owner to run the Thumbed Page without supervision. He is kept at the Common standard of living, therefor 135 gm/s is taken from the seasonal profits of the shop to pay for his care and maintenance. As such, Alexandre gives him access to keys to the store when asked. The key to the safe, where shop profits are kept, stays in Alexandre's care for security purposes in the cases where Cross may be mugged, or the store stolen from.
Last edited by Alexandre Askara on August 21st, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandre Askara
I wake each day realizing she won't be there.

Words: 23886
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Thumbed Page

Postby Gillar on August 19th, 2013, 10:35 am

You are almost there but there are a couple of things I feel need to be worked out before I can grant approval.

First, based on the updated rules regarding Kenash slaves and the cost of owning them, you will have to include the living expenses of the slave in your business plan. That said, you may want to consider how much exposure your slave will have with those seeking your services and keep in mind that you don't want a poor schmuck running your shop and dealing with customers over a cleaner, more presentable one.

Also, you may want to add something, both in the business plan and in the location itself, about how you are going to address the issue of a slave being allowed to handle monetary transactions. Perhaps having a lockbox in the shop where money for goods and services are placed. Your PC would have the only key and the lockbox itself could be nailed to the floor or wall. Unless of course you are fine with trusting a slave to handle all the money.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Thumbed Page

Postby Alexandre Askara on August 21st, 2013, 7:14 pm

I made some necessary changes to the location write up and the business plan. Thanks for pointing it out to me. If there's anything else you can see, I won't hesitate to review through again. The trust Alexandre has for his slave will play later roles IC for the store and life in general.
Alexandre Askara
I wake each day realizing she won't be there.

Words: 23886
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Thumbed Page

Postby Gillar on August 25th, 2013, 9:04 am

Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur