Take Something of Me With You (Hatot)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Kavala on August 11th, 2010, 9:26 pm

ImageKavala only smiled, amused, at his threats as she pushed him back down to the ground and slipped his legs out so that he was sprawled beneath her. She grinned as she ducked her head tasting the intimate parts of him, letting him fill her in a new way that didn't involve her clothing coming off. There was a power for women in the action for they could watch the sense and sensibilities leave their mens eyes as they lost themselves to what they felt with their mates tongue wrapped around them. Kavala was merciless in her pursuit, giving him no rest and no quarter as she strove to coax pleasure out of him.

It always boiled down to this between them, with each taking turns being the aggressor. Sometimes there was tenderness and softness, but more often than not even between them it was a challenge - a mock battle that was just another training session for the ones they would face in life.

And truly Kavala didn't mind. She took her time, drew it out, and slowly drove him to a hardness that was unbearable and then made him wait until the edge of madness before she allowed him to release. Kavala often wondered, after the times she was with Hatot and he let her take the lead, if he did so because it did wonders for her confidence and self esteem or if he did so because he truly loved and trusted her enough to take control. As their relationship deepened, her boldness grew, and she was able to transform what she knew about torture into what she thought appropriate about love. It seemed to work out, finding a balance each and every time they were together. Hatot, she knew, would indeed give back what she gave to him, sometimes tenfold, because he seemed to know what she needed when she needed it. And he didn't often mind, even when those needs were outside the parameter of 'normal'. Who else would stifle her nightmares at night, replacing the image of unwanted hated men with his own as he helped her fall asleep again by exhausting her. He even seemed to understand when she needed roughness and let Radris have his fun, carefully looking the other way when they both woke the next day covered in bruises of their own making.

He was a good partner, a perfect partner, and she loved him for it. And even though he said the wrong things sometimes, she still cared that he cared enough to make the vows that he did. Kavala swallowed the last taste of him, her expression as pleased as a cats with a bowl full of cream, and snuggled against him as she spoke. He was still partially naked, exposed, and truthfully she liked him that way. Her eyes met his and she shook her head.

"Its not that I don't want you to speak about things like that. It's just that ... well I know what I learned in my introduction when they first put this on my wrist." She said, fingering the Undan and looking thoughtful. It was a polite slave collar - a tracking device so she could be found if she ran. And it identified her as part of Riverfall - an integral part - and so because of that she didn't mind. Not at all. She wanted to be here. She often felt, for the first time in her life she truly did belong. "They made no secret about what it was I was becoming and what my debt is. They gave me two thousand mizas to buy horses from Endrykas. And I have no idea the worth of Sanctuary... either the abandoned building as they gave it to me or if they value it as it is worth now as part of my debt. I'll never pay it off in my lifetime. The horses I could... maybe... but the rest is quite a bit. You know that's how its designed. You could look at my file, Hatot, and find the total, but I think it will shock you. There's not so many mizas in the world for one person to own, I suspect. And its not that... I am that valuable. It's just that... that's the way the system is designed. I know if I were doing it, but being polite, the more someone built up a business and made it of value, I'd tack that on to their service. Why? Because I'd want to keep active positive members in the community any way I could. Especially if I were a male Akalak and the person in question could help save my race from extinction. I can't blame them. I really can't. I know what I am. And I don't mind it." She said softly. The truth was, she wouldn't mind being more to Hatot either. But she couldn't see him asking the council to release her to marry. How would that look for his reputation? Weren't the Akalak all supposed to be pro 'the system'? Besides, he already had her. She couldn't touch anyone else by law now - punishable by her death or imprisonment - because he'd already claimed his rights even though he never did it officially with the Undanas (unless he did and she didn't know about it) or put it like 'Kavala, you MUST take up my contract.' Instead, he'd made it very very easy for her... and she felt a lot like having been romanced and pursued backed by the fine art of subtly. No, with Hatot and Radris it was no slavery. It was only pleasure.

"You've given me a year of freedom. And I also know you won't steal this child from my arms the moment I push it out of my body. You won't lock me up in a facility because I'm carrying your property and claim I am endangering it. Nor will you find ways to increase my debt. You don't lie, keep me ignorant, and you sure as the Ukalas didn't subject me to anything humiliating like a physical exam. It could be a lot worse, Hatot. I've heard stories. My Advocate made it plain. And I think its a bit romantic that you want to break fingers for me and petition the Council to let me out of my service. But it is a bit barbaric to put a solid price on a baby's head."
She said softly, smiling slightly.

"I agree it needs to be gone someday. I hope that is soon. And it needs to be exchanged for gold, but that involves you taking me to see the Undanas and getting an exam. Are you ready for that? To see a stranger look so carefully into our lives? I would be proud to wear gold for you. It brings you status, Hatot, though I know you want none of that. But it does prove that those of the Council who were willing to take a chance on you even though Radris was very strong and dominant, were justifiable in it. I'm proud of both of you. I want the world to be too. A child coming so soon and you so long. If he is healthy and strong, you'll have more than proved your standing in this community. A family. A business. A person people respect. I want all of that for you Hatot. I know it doesn't sound like a grand plan in the long run, but its important to me. It's actually important to both of us. And if you can free me via a petition, I'd be grateful. I had enough of slavery during my capture. But here... if this is slavery... its not so bad."
She said with a smile, bending down to lay a scaled cheek along his sensitive lower belly where a tiny trail of fine hairs ran down from his navel. She could sprawl there all day, bathed in the scent of him with his taste still on her lips. It made her feel content. It made her feel happy just to be with him.

"And, we've found our Camas... even though its crushed now. It doesn't matter though, we are after the roots not the flowers."
She said absently as she stroked a blue flower that her knee moments ago had crushed. Her smile was soft, satiated, and a bit playful as she studied him.
Her voice suggested maybe they should dig up a root or two, but she truthfully seemed disinclined to move.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on August 13th, 2010, 2:42 am

Hatot’s suddenly rolled back, another escape of breath echoing out from his mouth as Kavala began tasting him again. His hands gripped the grass, pulling a hand full of blades free as the intense waves of pleasure caused the muscles in his body to tighten. His head jerked forward, his gaze falling along Kavala’s head as it moved up and down, her gaze looking up into his own. Her look along would have been enough to excite Hatot into the moment, but with the way she moved, what she was doing to him? She was right, he couldn’t form a coherent though in his head at that moment, he could only think about how good it all felt. “Kavala, I.. gah,” Hatot tried to speak, but found the words couldn’t come out right as he felt Kavala’s tongue twist, forcing his body to lock up again as another wave hit him.

His hand slowly reached out, wanting to touch her again, but soon found a sting in his skin as Kavala’s hand swatted his hand in a light slap. “Hey.” Hatot managed before submitting and laying his hand back down along the grass.

The slow rise of pleasure then just suddenly intensified, and Hatot’s body suddenly jerked forward, the sudden released causing his body to explode in an intense feeling of euphoria as his hands suddenly reached out, laying along Kavala’s back as his hands gripped her shirt tightly, as if not wanted to ever let go of that feeling. It eventually did though, as Hatot suddenly fell back to the ground, laying flat on his back as deep breaths were taken. His arms then slid around her as she crawled up into his arms, curling against him. Even this aspect of it was appealing, and at times he felt her touch was all he needed to sustain him. He wouldn’t need to eat, wouldn’t need to drink, he wouldn’t even need to breath, all he would need was her touch. His breathing then began to slow as she began to talk, her voice ringing in his ears once again as they always did, keeping him anchored to her like a hypnotic muse, guiding him in ways no one could. His lips slowly pressed along her brow as she spoke, listening to what she had to say fully. It seemed whenever she spoke, she revealed not only more of herself to him, but more revelations about him for him to consider about himself, himself and Radris, and it made him grateful to her.

“No, I can’t say that I’m ready for that.” Hatot said slowly, his hands slowly trailing down the center of her back. “But I understand. Actions do speak louder than words. You are right as well, we have a year ahead of us. That year would be better spent enjoying each other, in everything we do. What comes after that year, we can plan for then.”

His gaze then moved over towards the crushed flower as Kavala cradled it in her hand, speaking of the root. “Well, if the root is all we need,” Hatot said as he slowly rolled Kavala along her back, his own frame hovering over her as his hand began to grasp her breast, “then we have some extra time on our hands.”

Hatot then leaned forward, kissing her along the lips fully as a slow squeeze was given, his tongue slipping into her mouth for a moment. His face slipped off to the side, his lips sliding along the side of her cheek before a slow nibble was given to the lower lobe of her ear. Further down he began to move, kissing and lightly sliding the tip of his tongue down the side of her neck until he found the nook of her shoulder. His hands slowly slid down the side of her body, before the fingers of his left hand slide under the fabric of her tunic, sliding underneath until the fabric was pulled up, revealing Kavala‘s chest. His lips lightly touched the curves of her collar bone before he continued to make his way down. His tongue slipped out, sliding down the center of her chest before veering off as he took her breast into her mouth, squeezing it lightly.

His other hand began to slide further down, hooking the lower edge of her skirt, slowly sliding it up as his hand slipping between her legs, slowly beginning to massage. His gaze traveled upward, looking to Kavala as he slid his tongue around the areola. A couple of chimes passed before further down he traveled still, his lips and tongue slipping over the flat of Kavala’s stomach, his tongue sliding upward against the roughness of her scales before finally his other hand left from between her legs, both of them grasping her legs and lifting them up wards as he folded them back along her chest. Finally, his head slipped between her legs, and Hatot took his turn in tasting Kavala.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on August 20th, 2010, 3:48 pm

ImageThere was a beauty in being with Hatot. Each moment, each breath, each day passed and Kavala felt more like the girl she'd once been - brave and bold. In the last year she'd lost so much of herself, wandered so far off center from what she considered her core, that it had felt impossible to find her way 'home'. But feasting on her chosen partner until he was mindless and then having him feast on her in return was a special slice of the ukalas that she had never known existed. It seemed to center her and ground her in ways she never knew possible. Hatot's touch was like an arm snaking out into the fogs of the barren grassland where she was lost, snagging onto her tunic, and dragging her back to her center. His touch, his taste, his soft words and his dark brother's sharp tongued laughter... all kept her in the realm of sane and in so many ways sheltered her.

They were too deep of thoughts for what he was doing to her though, and for a time Kavala let them fly free so her mind could focus on the then and now just in time for her body to loose all of its control and for her to scream for him - for him alone - in the vastness of the grassland under the blue Cyphrus sky. She used to hold back, quietly taking her pleasure, but the more they were together the more Kavala felt free to just react. She cried his name as she arched her back, begging him to stop in soft panting whispers then protesting when he slowed and finally begging him not too. His name... their names... feel too easily off her lips now. As he gave and gave for her, instinctively her body responded until she was a mindless wild thing.

But she didn't just settle for his mouth. She never would. Ever. Kavala pulled Hatot back up her body after her shuddering subsided so she could wrap herself around him and take his full weight. Then she stared into his eyes and sunk her teeth into his jawline, then his neck, then his cheek systematically like a wild thing begging its mate to complete the act until those beautiful golden orbs went red and she brought Radris into the act as well. There was never one without the other - and as much as she craved Hatot she equally wanted Radris. The delicate Konti craved his violence and whispered his name until there could be no doubt she wanted him in a rough primal way sprawled out on the grass. His touch lead to more and she demanded all of him until they joined together unashamedly on the grass in a swirl of pale white and deep sapphire skin tangled together. It wasn't just once either. They let the early morning stretch onward, saw the sky deepen into a more intense blue, and kept touching each other and coming together even as the Syna attempted to climb to her full height in the sky. Kavala's partners eyes went from red to gold to red and back again multiple times before she laughed and finally cried mercy, too tired to move.

Amused, their horses grazed in the distance. It was nothing new for them since their riders had become a pair.

Later, after a brief nap with her head pillowed upon his bare chest, Kavala reached out and stroked her hand up and down the length of his body. Her smile was full of wonder and worry though she tried to hide it. Kavala didn't want to loose either of them to the rite. She trusted their skill, but she didn't trust he unpredictability of the world and all the enemies that filled it.

"There's so many things I feel, Hatot. I want to share them all with you, but they seem so trivial on the eve of what today is." She said softly, her words suddenly explaining the wonder she had in her eyes. "I've never seen you slide between yourselves so easily like you just did. You feel so.. healthy, so strong, so well grounded to me. You're eyes turned orange... vividly beautiful orange." She told the golden-eyed man who made for far better cuddling than the red-eyed one. "It felt almost sacred to see it." The Konti said softly, her hand still stroking Hatot's body. She caressed him like she touched one of her horses - love shining in her eyes. Her eyes glanced down, watching her fingers lightly caress his body. "I know every inch of you now. I can close my eyes and picture you perfectly. The scars that mark you - I know each one by their shape and location and by the stories you've told me how you got them." She said softly, dipping her head to breath in his scent and run her tongue along his pectoral. "I know your taste and smell. And I know the sound of both of your voices and I can tell who's touching or looking at me or even speaking to me just by being close enough. I need you like I've never needed anyone in my life. Both of you. Like I need air or salt water to breath. I need your mind. I need your body. I need so much about you." The Konti whispered softly. "I'll never let another man touch me. Ever. Regardless of what the Council says. I'll never look at another man the way I look at you. I'll never want or need one the way I want and need you two. I love you. I belong just to you." She said so softly so fiercely that there could be no doubt.

She was silent a long time after that. She'd laid herself vulnerable to him and spelled it out clearly what it was she felt both about them and about their relationship together.

Then she lifted her wrist so the silver bracelet cuff caught his eye. "I want this to go gold, you two. I deserve to have it go gold when you get back. I'll submit to the official exam to satisfy the Council and then I want you to cut this vile silver thing off my wrist and replace it with one of your own design, one that tells all of Riverfall that I belong to you. I deserve that. I will not settle for anything less." Kavala said softly, binding him to yet another promise that would mean he HAD to return to keep. Then, as if to soften the harshness of her words, she nuzzled his jawline and gently kissed the slight teethmarks that were still present on his face. She hadn't been gentle. But then again, he rarely appreciated softness. Thanks to him, she'd never be soft again.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on August 20th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Hatot felt Kavala’s body shudder under her touch, her voice echoing through the grasslands, a loud voice as opposed to the usual reserved tone that he usually heard. It only drove him to please her that much more. Before long, though, he felt Kavala’s fingers run through his hair, gripping the strands as she began to pull him back up. A brief moment was taken as she stared into his eyes, and before he knew it she was biting into his jaw, cheek and neck her intensity rising and becoming savage, a sharp smile appeared on his face as the shift happened so suddenly, as if it were like breathing as the color of his eyes shifted from gold to red and it was Radris now in control.

His voice was deep, loud and scratchy, like a beast growling with anticipation as he practically yelled out her name and talked dirty. His left hand suddenly grabbed Kavala’s hair, pulling back as her head tilted upward as his tongue suddenly ran the entire length of her neck, starting from her collar bone and stopping at the tip of her chin before it slid into her mouth, kissing her roughly and deeply. His right hand reached down, slipping under her left leg before it was braced along her shoulder, pushing Kavala’s flexibility to it’s limit. He joined with her, his movements forceful and fast, causing her body to rock with sudden jolts of motion along the ground, all the while continuing that rough kiss.

Time seemed to pass quickly, as the mid-day sun began to rise over head, causing sweat to drench their bodies as they continued their union over and over, Hatot and Radris switching back at forth at Kavala’s desire. As it continued, their eyes then shifted once again, suddenly and quickly, to that shade of orange carrying he golden halo ring around the pupil of his eyes like smooth golden waves, with a shade of red jagged spike encircling the outer rim of their iris. Both of them together then made love to her, giving a mix of gentle and rough as they pulled Kavala up into their lap, both of their hands gripping her rear tightly as she wrapped her arms around their head, one hand gently caressing his neck, the other violently pulling at his hair. Kavala slowly slid down along folded legs, gently and lightly, before a tight grip was taken and she was violently pulled back up, over and over again until both of them and Kavala were finally left spent, lying along the ground.

The shade of their eyes then slowly turned to gold once more, leaving Hatot breathless as he laid there with Kavala’s head along his chest, rising and falling with each breath he took. His fingers began to slide through her hair, the stands slipping between his fingers like water as she began to talk after a short time of rest. His heart still seemed to beat more quickly at even the sound of her voice, capturing his attention in a strong way. A smile crept over his lips slowly as he listened to her without giving interruption as he enjoyed the soft caresses of her touch tracing over his body and scars. Then, the glint of light reflecting off the silver bracelet caught his sight as Kavala raised her arm, bringing it into view. His own hand rose as he remained silent for a moment after she hand finished. His finger hooked under the bracelet for a moment, giving it a slow tug before his hand moved further up and his fingers were lacing within her own. “I am healthy because you heal us in ways beyond physical, strong because you have given us strength, and I am grounded to you because you are our anchor that have kept us from drifting away. I know you as well, the trials and pains you have faced, the strength you have within you and the emotion you are now letting free showing that you don’t let the past keep you from experiencing the present and future anymore.” Hatot then said finally, lowering her hand to lay a soft kiss along it. “We’ll never have want or need for another woman in my life either, we love you and only you.”

Hatot then slowly rolled over, cradling Kavala’s head along his arm for support as he hovered over her for a moment, a smile still on his face and his eyes still gleaming with that vibrant golden color. “And so it shall be. You do deserve to wear gold, and should not settle for anything less.” Hatot said as he slowly slid his fingers along the side of her cheek, caressing her face softly. “I will set to designing you your bracelet first thing upon my return.”

Hatot then slowly moved in, kissing Kavala slowly and softly, much like he had after she had revealed to him that she was with child. He pulled away for a moment, resting his brow along her own as he smiled once again. “Well, perhaps not first thing, but after I’ve at least kissed you upon my return.” Hatot then corrected.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on August 30th, 2010, 8:30 pm

ImageIt was a perfect morning. In those slowly consumed hours of early light, Syna climbed higher into the sky as Kavala slowly said goodbye to Hatot and Radris in a way that left the door wide open for them to come back. Tomorrow they'd ride off to their trial, fate unknown, but when and if they returned she wanted them both to be sure they knew what they were returning too.

A life. A home. A family.

It wasn't a future she'd foreseen. It wasn't a path she would have stood back and chose for herself standing outside of it. But deep within it, lying in the arms of an Akalak that had two souls, Kavala knew it was somehow predetermined that she end up here like this - so entirely woven into the landscape of these men and their lives here in Riverfall. And she was happy, despite what loomed the next day. He might never be back because sometimes the reality of the world was even more severe than one's fate. But he'd given her a piece of himself. They all three had exchanged something of themselves with each other. And in that gift Kavala was assured a life that held meaning for her. And in that meaning, she knew that the here and now was supposed to be enjoyed fully and that was what she always planned to do when it came to Hatot and Radris.

And so she did.

Loving them was just part of that happiness. Being loved by them was yet another dimension. And the life that grew between them was yet another layer. The men, her men, played her body like a fine tuned instrument, causing it to sing out as skilled hands coaxed melody from it. Kavala was flexible and knew it to be one of her strengths - a strength she'd train harder with as the days passed. But for now, she put it to good use pleasing her mates, letting them coax new things and new ways from their already satiated bodies. Kavala knew he was saying goodbye as well - drinking his fill of water from a sacred spring that would have to quench his thirst for a long time to come for his return to the soothing waters was uncertain.

On Kavala's part, she was glad he opted for their last moments joined to be facing each other, legs wrapped around one another, eyes locked as she perched on his lap. It was her favorite way of being with him, of feeling his strength, of watching the emotions and pleasure cross his features as he experienced them. She loved to have his face captured in her hands as he found his release and dragged her to that place only lovers could explore together in a breath or two of finale. His eyes always changed these days, their colors swirling together as his expression strained. She loved it when his skin slicked with sweat moved against hers, and her touch left him breathless and quivering in a way no warrior should ever be. His vulnerability drew her closer withholding and concealing nothing so there were no barriers between their minds even as their bodies united.

And finally she loved how they ended sprawled together, her body filled with his and his heartbeat strong in her ears. She loved taking his full weight in the end, feeling tucked beneath him as if she were his and his alone. They eventually rolled off, usually sooner than she liked, though the way he drew her into his arms tightly meant the world. Hatot wasn't afraid of intimacy. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind. And unlike her own upbringing, he was flexible and adaptable - he had to be. All the Akalak's were. Things had changed for them drastically in the world in a very short time. Today was a farewell to something that would be in the past forever and an acknowledgment of the future. As she laid curled against Hatot's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat her confession spilled out and his words in turn answered it.

A sharp burn that was more pleasure than pain manifested itself behind her left ear and slightly blow on her gill cover as Hatot and Radris' words washed over her. She squirmed for a moment, startled by the sensation, not understanding what it meant. It caused her to raise her head and blink even as Hatot gripped her wrist and promised that her silver bracelet would go to gold upon his return. Her confusion turned into a smile at his words - vowing to turn silver to gold after a kiss - which then froze as she sat up slightly and caught a glimpse of the metallic symbol etching itself across his skin on the side of his neck. She reached up then, tracing a webbed finger across the slight ridge the symbol made. A Chavas Mark. Her hand went to her own neck then as well, feeling the ridge of the identical mark lining her own skin.

There were no words to describe the feeling in that instant. His child was within her. His arms were around her. There was a perfect morning. They had a bond that transcended the Nakivak contract that never had existed between them. It meant a lot to her, for some reason she couldn't put a finger on, that Hatot hadn't bought and paid for her like some of her kind had been. Kavala settled back against him, feeling the warm solid secure length of him against her.

"I never expected this. I hope your family doesn't object."
Kavala said softly, having no idea if the Akalak held formal ceremonies or not. She doubted it, for the sheer loss of mates was on the high side. But she knew every word he said was true.

The Chavas Mark :

Her azure eyes traced the symbol and its strange metallic sheen upon it. It had five elements. Five confused her slightly. Three, she could understand representing herself, Hatot, and Radris. Even four would make sense, but the fifth confused her. There were clearly two symbols flanking the trio in the center of the slightly elegant slightly deadly looking design. She liked it. And she knew in that instant that it would come to symbolize more between themselves than just their joining.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on September 1st, 2010, 2:21 am

Hatot laid there with Kavala, his body feeling a worn but a sense of serenity at the same time. There were so many different things racing in his mind as he slowly took in the scent of Kavala’s hair, his cheek resting along the top of her head. His future, which had been so bleak, so uncertain for so many years, now was beginning to stream with newfound purpose. It was as if, ever since meeting Kavala, Hatot’s life had changed, like the past no longer mattered, and for the most part, it didn’t. The wrongs of his past, brought upon by Radris through Hatot’s very own action of keeping him so caged, would be ever present on the minds of many of Riverfall’s citizens. However, with the leaps and bounds they had made ever since meeting Kavala, those mistakes could slowly begin to fade. More than that, she gave him a dive to do better, and even if either one of them realized it or not, everything he did, how hard he pushed, the decisions he made, the ground he covered? They were all for her.

As Hatot’s promise of turning Kavala’s bracelet to gold finished passing from his lips, he felt the surge at his neck, like a burn that was a comfort coming in from the blistering cold, something so welcoming despite the discomfort that it might have caused. His hands pressed up along Kavala’s back as it happened, pulling her in closer for a moment as if he wanted to feel as much of her as he could in an embrace, to be so close to her that it would be impossible to let go, like a melding of the bodies, adding a third soul to two. Finally, as the sensation passed, he released a slow breath as his head slumped along the ground. “What was that?” Hatot asked curiously for a moment, wholly unfamiliar with the sensation of being marked by one of the higher powers of their world, before Kavala’s fingers lightly began to trace over the mark along his neck.

As Kavala began to speak of his family possibly objecting, Hatot’s hand lightly cradled Kavala’s face, turning it slowly to the side as he examined the mirrored mark of his own for the first time, seeing the sheen, the color, the several elements to it. Hatot had heard of Chavas’ Mark, had even seen it on his grandfather, the changed version on his father, but both of them had been different to what Hatot saw in this mark, and he wondered if all of them were different according to who made their vows. In the end, Hatot simply leaned his head forward, pressing his lips along the surface of Kavala’s skin were the mark rested. Several times before his lips had explored that area of her flesh, but now with the mark, it made his kiss all that more symbolic in a way, as if it were a reminder that he would never forget his pledge to her, and never go back on it.

Hatot finally drew back, caressing Kavala‘s face in both of his hands. “I don’t foresee any of them objecting.” Hatot finally said after a long moment of looking into her eyes. “In fact, my grandfather may very well see this as serendipitous.”

Hatot then slowly smiled, pressing his brow along Kavala’s. “My father may as well, though he’ll be more quiet about it.” Hatot added as his thumbs lightly ran over the surface of her cheeks. “I suggest we tell them after I’ve returned and we’ve gotten your bracelet changed over. Otherwise my grandfather would wish to hold two celebrations separately for each event, and then we’ll have little time for ourselves over the course of several days, as you are introduced to all those within my bloodline. It is, somewhat large.”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on September 17th, 2010, 6:24 pm

ImageKavala lifted a silvery eyebrow in question though her expression was just about as peaceful as Hatot could ever remember seeing it. "Cheva blessed our relationship. We are now married in her eyes. Which is... not legal for a Nakivak. Your world will ignore our marks until I am done with my service." Kavala said softly, thoughtfully, not sure what it meant to a Nakivak that she was now bound to Hatot in the gods eyes by virtue of her own words. "I'm not sure its appropriate or that the Undanas will approve, but... things happen. He wasn't going to be happy to begin with that we are together and there is no formal contract. We aren't supposed to be with men... not without a formal contract. Our whole relationship isn't sanctioned. Even though the whole city knows how it is with us and that it was just a matter of finding the time to go sign one." At least, that's what Kavala thought was the issue. Hatot had never brought up a contract - only a gold undan. It was almost as if he found the whole thing distasteful or more likely something he couldn't think about until he was fully considered a man. Yes, the Undanas wasn't going to be pleased. She'd go talk to him straight away. Truth was, she was half afraid of the Undanas. He'd never been dishonest with her or treated her with disrespect, but there was something fiercely determined in him - a drive that had unsettled her in his presence before. And she knew the rules. She'd agreed to them, even though now she'd broken them.

"He'll never accept you as anything other than my Talvis, Hatot. Not at least until I am released from service. It feels strange... knowing... I'll be belonging to you until your son is born."
It did make her feel strange. And she reached down and fingered the Undana on her wrist. It was thin, discrete, and given to her knowing she'd come straight from bondage. It wasn't a collar around her neck but it was a contract for forced sex. She lifted her eyes and studied Hatot. Her hand followed her gaze and traced the length of his face and his neck, following the pathway she'd blazed with her mouth when their bodies had been joined moments ago.

"I wouldn't change it though. Not now, not in the future. It sounds so harsh - thinking about it. As a young girl it would have made me cringe because I'd heard stories and knew some of them to be true. But there's so much need. You're people don't deserve to go the same way so many of you did during the Valterrian. I've never met a more noble honorable race. And even though I am not free, Hatot, I'm freer with you ... all of you in Riverfall... than I've ever been my whole life. I wish others knew and saw your people the way I see them. I want to have your children - lots of them. And I want to help other women see the good they will do as well." She knew then that if she ever got released from her service, she'd volunteer to be an Advocate.

Shifting against him, Kavala inhaled the co-mingled scent of their sex and nuzzled Hatot abruptly. She felt safe. She felt loved. And even though her body was darkening with bruises - delicious bruises she more often than naught caused with her own enthusiasm - there was a satisfaction and satiation within herself that she could not reproduce without him. They were perfectly matched and even Cheva acknowledged it. She felt stretched, as if she could still feel his body joined hers, but more than that her mind and her world felt expanded too.

Without him .... it was unthinkable. Kavala touched him again, laying her head down on his chest. She smiled at his words about his family, reassured. "One will be enough. More than enough. I'd rather quietly join than to join with fanfare." She said softly, rubbing a cheek against his chest. She liked the quiet time they always took after being together. He never rolled off and left. She never hurried on to the next task that needed doing. Instead they touched - a lot - as if reaffirming what had just happened between them. He liked to hold her head, touch her face, and she loved to stroke his chest and hear his solid heartbeat. There was a sweetness there, a tenderness that Kavala had never known. She grew up in the Drykas world, always riding hard away from stigma and her mother's legacy. Even if her sister Akela could see her now, she'd snort in disgust. But it wasn't weakness. It never would be. Instead there was strength from their bond. And the ballads of love Kavala had heard made sense to her in Hatot's arms. They even made sense in Radris' arms.

Kavala smiled.

"You've helped me so much, Hatot. I know you keep saying I've done the same thing for you. But I wanted to ask you.... something." She reached down beside them and dug her soft fingers into the earth around where the crushed camas was, digging up the soft root to admire as she spoke. Her actions wouldn't fool Hatot, who knew when Kavala was gathering words - the right words - rather than pretending to be distracted. Tucking the root into the pile of clothing near them, she finished her thought.

"I want to help others. In Riverfall and elsewhere. There's so many people that need healing. Even civilization itself needs it. Your people as a whole need it. I want to help increase the Akalak and do so in a way that will make an impact on more than just your lives. The Konti have needs too, and so do a lot of others. When you get back from your Rite, I want to start an underground, Hatot. A secret organization dedicated to the healing of civilization and individuals. There is a lot that could be done. Some of it is being done openly, but a lot of issues are ignored. The Kelvics here in Riverfall need help too. I want to try and find a way to get them citizen status for one... so what happened with Flick doesn't happen again. That's a long hard hill to climb though. But if we get some Kelvics in Sanctuary producing Akalak offspring it will go easier. I've... uh... done some things to start that process. Mao is carrying Navis' child, for one thing - more to protect her from herself than anything else. And if Flick calms down, I want to see about her having a child too. It might be that we can get those Kelvics who've born Akalak son's status first... and the rest could follow." She said softly, thoughtfully, curling around him again, completely unashamed of their state of undress or the fact that they were out in the open exposed.

Their horses grazed quietly a few yards away, and the sky was a brilliant blue now that the morning was wearing off. She looked up at him, watching his expression, watching for signs worry or stress. "I like the name Dar’danu - to make whole, healing / civilization. And I think we already have our symbol." She said, reaching up to stroke his chavas mark.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on September 19th, 2010, 12:58 am

Hatot slid his fingers along the mid of Kavala’s back as she spoke of Cheva’s mark and the lack of acknowledgement it would carry to those within Riverfall society. In the end, his face remained unconcerned of what the Undanas’ reaction might be. His hands then rested along the top of her buttocks, his fingertips brushing lightly along the surface of her skin, tickling it slightly. “Don’t concern yourself with Undanas or what other people might think in the long run.” Hatot then simply said, slipping his free hand into her own as their fingers interlaced with each other. “True enough, my race of people like to keep things of this nature as orderly as possible, if for no other reason that our own personal life, two souls in one body, becomes chaotic. In the end though, even if they don’t acknowledge our marriage, they will acknowledge you with child, and that in the end is their real true hope and need for Nakivak.”

Hatot’s thumb began sliding over the skin of her hand, touching lightly along the knuckle of her own thumb, his head shaking back and forth. “Contracts? They’re nothing more than a piece of red cord at the finish line of a race.” Hatot then ultimately explained, simplifying it entirely, perhaps overly so. “While the overall goal of the Akalak race is to repopulate their numbers and survive, there also becomes a political factor in it as well. The larger family one has, the more status they gain. So, if the contracts, rules and customs were not in place, chances would be that many Akalak driven by status, and influence by their dark brothers, would be rushing and forcing themselves on any Nakivak revealed. It would be utter chaos in the end.”

“And don’t think of you “belonging” to me,” Hatot then added, “think of it more as a commitment, because that is what it is ultimately to me. Belonging is a selfish term in the end in my mind, after all, something that can be given up. Committed, however, now that is something more. Something stronger that is deserving of the marks we now bare.”

Hatot then drew her hand towards him, kissing it gently, his other hand still teasingly caressing her rear as she shifted and laid her head against his chest. “There is a chance my presence prevented any from coming and forming a contract with you.” Hatot then explained. “Most knew of Radris when he was rage, not tempered by your advice and influence. While one incident would have caused my status to be nullified and my face marked by ink, many most likely wouldn’t have wanted to risk injury or worse to cause it. After all, if there is a chance to save a brother from Cerulean status, most would do so. Another reason, however, may be that I come from a large family. I was simply the black sheep of them of late, but in the end, my family is extensive. My Grandfather, if the other’s in my family continue to produce Akalak, may very well be considered for the Council of Elders should one of the seats retire or pass on to be reincarnated.”

Hatot then chuckled as his hand let her own slip from it’s grasp as her finger traced over the scars along his body, as it so often did. His own hand moved upward, letting her hand slip between his fingers as he let it brush along his skin like flowing water, keeping it untangled due to the amounts of sweat that had began to collect during their joining. “One shall be enough for me as well.” Hatot then said as he ran his fingers through her hair once again. “My grandfather, despite his age, has much energy to him. If I had to describe it, imagine a good natured Radris.”

Hatot then listened intently to her plan, her desire and wish at a movement that would help others. He couldn’t help but smile at it, warmly and unsurprised. Even when first observing Kavala, seeing how reserved she had been, how guarded, he could see a warmth and selflessness within her as well. Radris saw the drive and fire of raw emotion that was just aching to be released. Ultimately Hatot knew, that with the two aspects of her unleashed and unrestricted, like the Akalak souls working in unison in one body, that she could achieve grand things. It was likely what drew both him and ultimately Radris towards her in the first place, like a moth to a flame. Eventually he gave a slow nod, looking into her eyes as his smile remained. “As I suspected, you dream nothing small. It is bold, and brought to fruition something that could change the entirety of the lands socially. It will be a great uphill climb to achieve, however.” Hatot then expressed. “Healing, helping and teaching others will be easy, of course. Doing so in a secreted, underground manner, however, will be difficult. As word spreads and your popularity rises, it won’t take long for it to reach those who would oppose such. As such, you yourself should remain anonymous until we’ve finally relieved you of your Nakivak status, so those in Riverfall can’t interfere through such political avenues.”

“Garnering citizen status for Kelvics, will be difficult.” Hatot then said, pausing for a moment as he considered it, and ways for it to happen. “Their bond works against them in that aspect. For the most part, however, it will be a matter of getting Akalaks to view a Kelvic’s merits other than as they see them now. Not just as a pet, or as species for breeding, but as a race that can contribute to Riverfall in other ways. Their enhances senses and natural instincts, fueled by their desire to help those they’re bonded to, could make them naturally expert sentries for Akalaks who are out on a patrol and the like. As well, their hunting abilities will help Akalaks with gathering food, especially for the winter seasons.”

Hatot then slowly pulled Kavala fully onto his body as his hands slid up and down the length of her body, grasping her rear each time his hands traveled downward. His hands then cradled his face above him, her hair dangling between his fingers and tickling the skin along his chest. “What are your ideas?” He then asked, with a smile crossing his face.

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on December 13th, 2010, 10:37 am

ImageHis words both reassured and troubled her, if such were possible. In her initial training, the rules were drilled into her head with an emphasis on what could and could not be done. Contracts had to be signed. Undalas' had to be maintained. There was an order in the madness and a clear pathway to freedom from slavery that was not slavery. Hatot was unconcerned, but the truth of it was he wasn't the one with the heavy burden of debt nor the one that was owned to such an extent that if the powers that be wished her to do something, they could ask it and she could not refuse.

It was easy for a free Akalak to say such things and not understand the extent that the woman he had made a commitment too was also committed. Kavala said nothing though. She understood that he was young and free and had no true knowledge of slavery itself. There was being locked in a cage and raped repeatedly and then there was being kept in a gilded cage with bindings that had no force in this world other than the unseen mental bonds one hung upon oneself. It was hard to know if it truly didn't matter or if in fact it truly didn't matter but only to Hatot. No amount of talking to him about it would convey what Kavala's needs were anyhow. She couldn't show him first hand what it was like where she'd been verses what it was like now. He had a family somewhere, a father, perhaps grandfather, and an extensive network of support. Kavala had the Oathmaster, the other Nakivaks, her stable hand, Raiha and her sister when it came to thinks outside of Hatot's realm. None of them besides the Oathmaster had any rank or say in the daily doings of Riverfall. None of them would ever be true help.

She was dependent upon Hatot completely. That meant she had to trust him completely. Kavala had no other recourse. And while she loved him and he'd never done anything to break her trust, it put her in a lesser position - a subservient one - whether he knew it or not. She'd always assumed somehow that she'd grow up, answer a Call, and be an adviser somewhere; be someone's first wife or at least have the status of healer to support her words.

She never dreamed she'd end up here. There'd be no rank ever, no status other than slave or ex-slave, and that was that. Kavala understood that and accepted that. But Hatot's words made it seem like there was something different when really things weren't exactly as he said.

But Kavala smiled nevertheless.

Of her plan, Kavala found Hatot encouraging though it was disappointing that she'd have to remain sidelined for what would equate to perhaps years paying off her debt to Riverfall. A konti healer involved in anything regarding anyone in and around Riverfall was suspect. Her name was known, so too was her nature. Getting the Dar’danu off the ground without anyone knowing her identity would be near impossible. She studied Hatot's eyes hoping to catch a glimpse of anything reassuring that he knew how to do this. She didn't. And some part of her felt the dream die a little at the thought of it covered with a little dust on the shelf.

She told him quietly of her ideas and he commented on them. He didn't encourage or discourage her, only instead conveyed the merits and flaws of each consideration. When she'd stopped speaking, giving him a list of her plans, he rolled her so she was resting upon him, head cradled above his. It confused her when he asked her what her ideas were again. This time she said nothing, only offered him a small smile. There were a multitude of thoughts on her head, doubts now, as she met his eyes and then squirmed out of his grasp.

"Nothing, at least nothing solid, especially about the Dar’danu. It might have to wait, I suspect, until I pay my debt off if you are right. No one likes a Nakivak that steps out rather than stays home and breeds, I suspect." There was a little confusion in her voice and a bit of sorrow. She wasn't giving up exactly, but she suspected no help from multiple fronts either. He hadn't offered, not at all, so she knew it was something she'd be on her own with. Kavala was fine with that, truthfully. Hatot had his own life and his own dreams. He couldn't carry hers and his both. It was unfair to ask it of him. My ideas? I told you. And of course to harvest this plant so we can be making your paralytic tomorrow." She said abruptly. It wasn't really what he asked, she didn't think, but she truly didn't know what he'd meant.
But she said nothing, only rolled off him and sat up to refasten her clothing and dig into her small beltpouch for the little trowel that would help her harvest the camas root she'd need to create the paralytic. She dug into the soil quietly, not saying anything, and wrapped the root in cloth damped from her own waterskin. Once that was done, she stowed it in her belt pouch and looked quietly at him.

"What now? Return to Sanctuary?" She asked.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on December 17th, 2010, 5:11 am

Hatot slowly sat upward, observing Kavala as she moved, clipping the clasps gracefully. There was still some distance there he suspected. His gaze fell to the ground, however, contemplating silently for a moment on whether he should pry. In the end, his hands laid along the ground, supporting his upper body as he slowly pushed himself off the ground and into a stand. His gaze soon focused on her once again as he began slipping on his tunic first.

“Perhaps I can help you with your debt?” Hatot then suggested, sliding his long legs into his pants as he slowly pulled them up around his waist. “I don’t earn much, but I don’t entirely use it for anything either. I’ve not had much use for the monetary, short of repairing any of my belongings.”

Hatot then slowly moved forward, placing his hands along Kavala’s shoulders gently, keeping his touch soft as he knew Kavala’s dislike of someone behind her. He then slowly circled around in front of her, sliding his hands down to grasp her own as he gazed into her eyes. “If you will accept it, it will be yours. I wish to help you reach your dreams Kavala, in any way I can.” Hatot then said softly, giving Kavala’s hands a gentle squeeze as his thumbs rubbed over the skin of her fingers.

Hatot slowly tilted his head, waiting for her answer before finally giving a nod to her question. “If there is nothing else to be foraged out here,” Hatot then said before looking around for a moment then returning his gaze to Kavala’s, “and if you are still willing to teach this large blue warrior with the clumsy hands the art of Philtering?”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext