Closed A new blade.

Valerius asks Adrian to make a weapon for him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A new blade.

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on August 1st, 2013, 5:43 am

Summer 20, 513 AV

Valerius Nitrozian looked at the rapier he had acquired a few months ago, swung it a couple of times and frowned. The blade was already dull, and he thought that he could see a bit of rust here and there. The weapons merchant had dared to sell him a rapier of inferior quality! He would need to be punished. Valerius would not do business with him again. No, he would get his weapons from somebody else from now on. As luck would have it his grandfather, Sitanos Nitrozian, had just acquired a new slave, a smith, a while ago, a smith that he didn’t have to pay and that he could whip if the weapon he made didn’t meet his expectations.

He had to ask one of the other slaves where the smith could be found. Valerius didn’t normally visit slaves in their quarters, but forced them to come to his room, but judging by his occupation, Adrian, as he had found out the man’s name was, was likely dirty and ugly. He didn’t want such a creature in his precious suite. Of course the Nitrozian didn’t knock on Adrian’s door. Adrian was just a slave. It was unncessary to be polite to him. No, he just opened the door, stepped inside and throw his old, inadequate rapier on the floor in front of Adrian.

„I acquired this from a smith in Ravok“, he informed the slave and looked him over. Adrian was slightly taller than him and much more muscular. He wasn’t particularly pleasant to look at as far as the Nitrozian who preferred slender, elegant people was concerned, but he did at least more or less look like a smith was supposed to look like. That made Valerius slightly hopeful. „I want you to make a new rapier for me, one that doesn’t rust and whose blade doesn’t dull as quickly. The necessary materials will be provided to you.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A new blade.

Postby Adrian on August 6th, 2013, 3:48 am

Still quite disturbed from the previous nights nightmares, Adrian found himself that day pulling on his shoes when an unexpected visitor showed up at his door. Surprising indeed was the young Nitrozian's presence, for Adrian did not recognized this one and was yet much used to typically being called to an unchained ones presences instead of the later such thing happening.

Bizarre order of events certainly had him questioning his situation, trying to think if he'd done anything to offend his master's so much as to deserve this 'special' visit.

Valerius's words interrupted his racing thoughts, and indeed brought him much relief when he revealed the purpose of his visit, a rather common one to Adrian's continued surprise, though Adrian tried hard to mask it. After all, it was not often that someone approached him about fashioning a weapon in his quarters, and most certainly not one of his masters! Ah, but these were confusing times as he hadd yet fully understood the wills of these Ravokian's, but there was little time for contemplation here with the man before him awaiting his response.

"Of course, it will be done" He managed to reply after a moments pause, offering a low bow of his head to further accentuate his deference to this man. "If it not be to troublesome, might I obtain the help of another in this endeavor? I fear I have little experience crafting the blade you seek from me."

It made him more than a little bit uncomfortable to press the young master with questions, for indeed that is whom Adrian had decided this one was, but he also realized he had little choice in the matter if he wanted to see this task completed to the man's satisfaction, and that he wanted most earnestly in an effort to avoid unsightly consequences.

Adrian
Player

Words: 31235
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 4:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook