Closed Swimming as opposed to Soaking (Edreina)

Matthew tries to learn a terrifying new skill, much to the delight of his sadistic teacher.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Swimming as opposed to Soaking (Edreina)

Postby Matthew on August 2nd, 2013, 12:45 am

41st of Summer, 513 AV.

Eyeballing the crystal clear springs, Matthew tugged his shirt over his head, revealing the slim and firmly-muscled skin below. He had been coming to this spring on a daily basis now, and had met quite a few colorful characters. Sometimes it was a good meeting, sometimes bad, but the springs had continued to do their job perfectly. They had continued to heal his weary body. Glancing down over himself now, he could tell the last few nights had put more visible marks on his body. His toned chest and stomach muscles were traced with angry red scratches, some even crusted from a bit of blood that had leaked through. Wincing, he touched some fingers to them, testing the sore skin. It was all a part of the job, really. Sighing, he loosened his britches and stepped out of them, the tanned harlot slowly made his way into the springs. The warm water touching to his torn skin caused him to clench his jaw in a mixture of pain and delight, a hiss escaping from his full lips. He continued on, until he was about waist deep in the healing liquids, settling down and taking a moment before moving on.

He wanted to stretch. He wanted to get more flexible, improve his movement. He moved with a certain grace, and he practiced hip control, but he wanted to go further. He wanted to be able to move his body in very particular ways that most normal men couldn't. Biting his lower lip, he slowly moved himself into position, aiming to try out a few things he had talked to some of the busking Syliras acrobats about.

First he sat, legs extended out in front of him. His shoulders straightened and his back flexed, muscles rolling and twitching a bit as he slowly got them ready to really move. Sitting in the waist-deep warm water only helped him feel that much more better, his body instinctively relaxing. Loosening. Helping him limber up for the long task ahead. With a deep breath, he slowly bent, moving only at the waist, sluggishly trying to reach out and touch his pointed toes. The man was barely able to get his hands down past his knees before he felt the tightening in his limbs, ad the sensation of something stretching. Softly groaning, he let himself fall back, somewhat irritated with himself. Taking a deep breath, tight skin twitching again, he slowly reached out once more. His body shivered a bit as he stretched out, feeling the tightness again. The minute he felt the stretching somewhere inside of him, he held the position, letting his body work out what was going on. He stretched and he stretched, until the tightness started to turn to pain.

Then he fell back, tanned and almost-bare body relaxing into the steaming waters. He would need to do this more often. It would take quite a while to get where he wanted to be when it came to flexibility and acrobatics. One day though. One day. Biting his lip in thought, he tried one last time. With his back to a small rock, he slowly arched backwards, letting himself bend over it and stretch. His arms flexed out, and the harlot forced himself to hold the position, water dripping down the tightly-tugged skin over muscle. Groaning a bit, he started to feel the blossoming of pain, but still held on. The pain he had gone through to get the marks on his front had been worse than this.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Edreina on August 2nd, 2013, 2:46 am

These "Hot Springs" Edreina had heard spoken of so highly appeared to be no more than handful of... well puddles, really. Sure, the average city-goer would find them to be a decent enough size but to someone who had spent her entire life upon the open sea, the entire collection was downright paltry. But their size was not what she had come for. Several times while in the Arms, Edreina had overheard patrons speaking of the healing powers of these Springs. Powers she damn well needed right now.

Her wounded shoulder was stiff from days of disuse, along with yesterday's abuse. (It still really had not sunk in to the Svefra's pretty red head that she had nearly been abducted, sold into slavery by Drykas raiders. Surely two bad things could not have possibly befallen her in such a short amount of time? Or at least that was how her wishful thoughts continued to run.) Shirtless, Edreina was shocked to see some of her muscle tone had already vanished. At this rate, she would end up swimming in pitiful little circles. So the trek to the Hot Springs was made, Navis left pitifully upon the 'grotto for she simply had no interest in keeping up with him today.

Today, she would relax.

At least that was until she saw the harlot doing some odd stretches in one of the Hot Springs. Wherever he went, it seemed, intrigue abounded; better to get in on it before it managed to tumble over you and simply drag you along. With a sigh, the freckled woman approached her friend and attempted to stifle a laugh. When it failed, revealing her presence, a witty remark had to be made, "Planning on a swim?" Right, well, it was not exactly the zinger of the year, but it was pretty good for Edreina, especially in her own opinion. This Hot Spring was obviously much too small for any real swimming. Hell she doubted it was deep enough to wade in. And yet, there was Matthew, all sinew and lithe muscle, stretching to the point that a gentle flush sprung into his cheeks.

Without pause, Edreina quickly disrobed, shimmying out of the blasted skirt that city-women were expected to wear for some gods-awful reason. With a quiet huff, her chest was quickly unwrapped. Around most, she would feel embarrassed at the sight of her larger-than-Svefran-average chest. The fleshy mounds served little to no purpose, and were far from aquadynamic. However, around this harlot, Edreina felt no more ashamed of her breasts than she did about her freckled skin. Actually, Edreina was sure he noticed her freckles more than her breasts. The thought was oddly comforting.

Without pausing to test the water, Edreina slid into the Hot Spring and had to fight the urge to yelp at its overpowering warmth. An instant later, however, Edreina slid down until the water came up to her chin, red hair pooling around her as starkly as freshly spilled ink. Or blood. Damn, really have been hanging around Myrians too much lately, eh? Oh her hair! Matthew had not seen her since her rather impromptu haircut.

"Cut my hair..." she commented blandly, rising from the water enough to show the rather vast - once again, in her own opinion - difference in length. It now only reached to the middle of her stomach, red strands mingling gaily with the black of her tattoo. The cut had removed the blond ends, giving her natural color a more rich appearance, flowing from a deep red to a pale strawberry color at the tips. But why did she really feel the need to show her haircut to Matthew?

He will give you his honest opinion, she thought, sliding back down into the water. As it covered her wound, she was caught between hissing in pain and sighing softly in pleasure as the water seemed to both assault and soothe the angry flesh. "So, what brings you here?"
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Matthew on August 2nd, 2013, 3:57 am

A laugh broke him out of his concentration, and the harlot turned to regard his new visitor. Why could he never get a moment alone in the springs? Furrowing his brow at the sight of Edreina, he briefly wondered how her shoulder was doing. She certainly seemed more perky than the last time he had seen her. At her question, he rose an eyebrow, his response flat and apparently unaware of her attempted humor. "No. The springs aren't deep enough to swim in." He turned from her, feeling something of a pain shooting up and down his previously bent spine. Had he stretched something the wrong way? Trying to right the wrong, he slowly bent forward, returning the stretching position he had been doing before. Back straight, bend at the waist, slide fingertips down along your legs until you touch your toes. Once again he stopped at his knees, feeling the tense sensation in his muscles. Holding it there, he turned his head, returning his blue gaze to his fire-headed friend. He noticed her haircut immediately, his brow furrowing again.

Amusingly enough, unknown to him, she was completely right about his opinion on her breasts. His eyes did drop to them, but she would notice that he was staring at the freckles. So she had them on her chest too. Interesting. Was he envious? Would freckles look good on him? His gaze grew vacant as he mulled this over. Perhaps he should have been born a Svefran. They apparently had freckles and luxurious hair. He'd have to remember that, if Lhex decided to give him a choice.

A dull ache blossomed in his straightened legs, and Matthew quickly relaxed out of his tensed position, going back to a normal sitting stance. He noticed with some satisfaction that the ache in his back had vanished. Perhaps he was getting the hang of this. Perhaps he was already getting more flexible. No, no, it was much too soon for that.

She finally brought up her hair, and he immediately answered, hinting at the fact that he had just been waiting on the polite moment to comment. "Yes. I noticed. It looks better. I like the red without the sun-bleached blond look at the tips. Don't let them appear again." She had got what she wanted. He was honest and blunt, just like she had thought he would be. Wiggling forward on the rocks, Matthew slowly shuffled himself to a deeper section of the pool, giving off a rather funny show without knowing it. He simply bobbed forward inch by inch, sinking little by little, until the water was almost up to his lips. Then, with that painfully serious look still on his face, his head spun in the water to face her. "My latest customers were a bit rough. The waters sooth the wounds, and I wanted to practice my flexibility. It offers a wider range of sexual positions that I can choose from. Are you flexible? Does it increase your enjoyment? Have you ever had a flexible man pleasure you?"

She was hopefully aware of the fact that rather suggestive conversation was a given with Matthew. He was like any other scholar or businessman who couldn't help but babble about their business or field of study. His was just more interesting than others.

"Speaking of men that pleasure you, how is Raz-kar doing?"

His face didn't petching twitch. Was he insinuating something? Was he trying to make a joke? Was he judging for a reaction, or did he mean just a normal sort of pleasure?

Blue eyes blinked, not a single hint betrayed.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Edreina on August 3rd, 2013, 3:16 am

"My latest customers were a bit rough. The waters sooth the wounds, and I wanted to practice my flexibility. It offers a wider range of sexual positions that I can choose from. Are you flexible? Does it increase your enjoyment? Have you ever had a flexible man pleasure you?"

At the barrage, Edreina blinked rapidly, head cocking to one side. Always interesting... "Yes, I am quite flexible," the admission was simple, lacking any hint of vanity. It was as simple as saying the best swimmers were the ones who had the best control of their body. And while Edreina may not have been the best swimmer, she was certainly quite skilled. "Being able to do some positions do increase my... enjoyment... But it really comes down to my partner. I can only do so much, you know? And well... Let's just say that I've not had the best partners." Her gentle smile was melancholy, eyes appeared to be more intent upon the subtle motions of her fingers beneath the water's surface.

"Speaking of men that pleasure you, how is Raz-kar doing?"

Oh golly. If that was not the topic of the season. At his words, a flurry of images danced through Edreina's mind. The torrid images and sensations that flashed through her body brought a blush to her cheeks, but she hoped that she would be able to blame it upon the heat of the water. "He is doing... well..." The smile that curved her full lips betrayed not only her happiness, but the silent innuendo as more images continued to writhe and growl their way through her mind.

Wow, she really needed to change the subject before she started panting in front of the harlot. As all new emotions tended to be, her passion ran hot and so very close to the surface. "And how have you been? Aside from the obvious, that is..." She laughed once and then continued to grin as she motioned to his marked torso. At least this one could hold his own in the bed, despite what his rather... delicate features indicated.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Matthew on August 4th, 2013, 11:29 pm

He nipped his lower lip at her admission, blue eyes studying her face for a moment. "If you need better partners, let me know. 10 mizas, 20 in some cases. Or I can find you someone of your choice. I might can get you a discount. Since we are... friends." He struggled around the word, finding it awkward as it came out of his mouth. He wasn't opposed to the idea of having her as a friend. He just wasn't used to it. He was sure the word would come naturally after a little while. Tugging on his lower lip a few more times, he continued to stare, studying her over. Even though his offer had been natural, he could feel that something was off about her words. The natural sexuality of the woman had calmed down a small bit. He wondered if it was purposeful. After a little bit, he turned back to his stretches, trying again.

Arching his body forward, he alternated arms, reaching out the right one to touch to his toes, and then the left. He never managed to fully reach down to his feet, only about halfway past the knee. He would repeat his method of before, simply stretching until he felt the burn and then holding it for a few seconds. Soft grunts echoed from his lips, the harlot ever-so casually sexual in every little thing that he did.

Edreina's reaction to the Razkar question was expected, and slightly amusing. He left it be at that though, having poked his fun. She had handled it gracefully. It was interesting to note that she didn't stammer out an excuse on why she wasn't pleasured by the man. In his first encounter with them, they had seemed strictly friendly with a bit of awkward tension between them. Now, she seemed more open. Was it perhaps because the savage wasn't here?

At her gesture, he glanced down at the mark, grimacing a tiny bit. "I am not sure how I feel about this. I don't mind being manhandled, or doing the manhandling myself, but I am worried about scars. I can't decide if it would add to the price tag, or take away from it. I suppose it all depends on the preference of the customer." Curling his lip in a bit of a irritated growl, he stared down at the marks for a bit longer before shaking his head and returning his sharp gaze to her. "Otherwise, fine. Still working. Meeting new people. Learning new things. Attempting to work on flexibility, as well as acting and massaging. If you are ever free to help me out with this sort of training, let me know." After a few more of the stretches, he relaxed his tense body back against the rock he was near, taking a few breaths. "What about yourself? What leads you out to the hot springs? Did you know I was going to be here?"

Another joke, maybe. Part of Matthew's humor seemed to include keeping his jokes as masked as possible. He perked an eyebrow at her, slowly shifting around in the water to fully face her. He was casual in his stance, arms crossed against his broad and marked chest, water dripping down his slim shoulders. His hair wasn't wet yet, but the humidity of the hot springs was causing the styled locks to lose their shape, turning them into more natural little curls slowly but surely.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Edreina on August 5th, 2013, 2:06 am

"I am not sure how I feel about this. I don't mind being manhandled, or doing the manhandling myself, but I am worried about scars. I can't decide if it would add to the price tag, or take away from it. I suppose it all depends on the preference of the customer."

"I would charge more, personally, if a customer marks you too badly." The Svefra weighed in quietly, preoccupied with her hair once more. The strands felt like silk between her fingers, slick and smooth and far better than it had been days earlier.

"Otherwise, fine. Still working. Meeting new people. Learning new things. Attempting to work on flexibility, as well as acting and massaging. If you are ever free to help me out with this sort of training, let me know."

Wriggling playfully, Edreina spoke through a grin. "Perhaps I'll let you practice on me if you teach me a few things along the way." An unbidden thought invaded the redhead's mind, causing her to shiver lightly. "Those last lessons, I'm sure they will prove to be very helpful..." The lesson about which she purred had been delivered while Edreina was still infirm, lost in a daze of pain and exhaustion. The little points he had taught her were, despite her fuzzy mindset, burnt into her mind.

"What about yourself? What leads you out to the hot springs? Did you know I was going to be here?"

Sinking back into the water, until it came up to her angled chin, Edreina hesitated before answering. It was always so hard to tell when he was joking, but she felt that this was a joke. "I had actually hoped that I would be alone here," Edreina admitted with a shrug. It was no grand secret that she was ashamed of her build. For a Svefra, any sort of excess fat was considered incredibly unattractive and, despite the fact that most land-dwellers found her softly mounded chest to be attractive, Edreina still felt the need to hide her figure. Hence the occasionally painful chest binding. "But!" Ripping herself from the negative introspection was always hard when she was alone, but with company, she found it easy to move forward in conversation. "I came here to see if this water is really as helpful as I've been told. So far..." She rolled her shoulders, smiling when the wounded one only ached dully. "I'm thinking that it was a good idea." She grinned openly at the harlot before dunking herself fully under the water for an instant.

"Sorry," she said as she emerged, wiping the water from her eyes. Odd as it was, the fact that this water was not salty seemed to annoy the Svefra's eyes. "It bothers me for only part of my hair to be wet..." Her shoulders bobbed in a gentle shrug as she explained her behavior. Despite how the water aided her injury, it felt... wrong. It was too soft, too gentle on her. The Sea would constantly remind anyone who entered it of its power with its waves, its currents, even its salt. This was no place for a Svefra.

"I think..." Usually, she would make a decision on her own and then execute it. But people tended to get annoyed with her "erratic" behavior, so she was slowly teaching herself to voice her actions before she did them. "That I have been here long enough for now. I'm going to head back to my ship... Care to join me?" The last part was tacked on as an after-thought, a courtesy. She had once before offered him a trip upon her ship. Even if he chose not to join her this time, she was reminding him that the offer remained open.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Matthew on August 5th, 2013, 2:42 am

He mulled over her presented idea, nodding slowly. "That might actually be a good idea. If blood is spilt so badly that it drips from me, then perhaps that could be an extra charge. Not a punishment, merely paying more for a more... unusual experience." He lifted a finger to his lower lip, tapping it, pinching it and tugging on it lightly. It was a good idea, and he was actually surprised she had presented it. Most people were uncomfortable talking so openly about his profession, but she had done it. Perhaps it was because she worked with him? He often forgot she was a coworker.

At the mention of practice, he nodded again. "I would be more than happy to. Anything that can hone my skill is a plus. I can certainly return the favor in the form of teaching you about seduction, or perhaps merely more ways to touch or be touched. Whatever you like." His tone was crisp and more business-like when they spoke of his craft and practicing it, once again defining that clear line between business and pleasure. If anything, there wasn't a line. It was more that pleasure was only for business.

Shifting a bit in the water, he tilted his head. "I wished the same thing too, really. These springs always seem to be so very popular, though. Every time I have tried to plan out the best time to get myself out here alone, there is always either someone here or someone comes along. If you need me to leave, I won't mind a bit. As for the water, yes, it is a blessing. I often use it. I try to come down here at least once a week, just to soothe out the aches and pains that come along with the job. No matter how much I train my body, it always seems that someone finds a new way to wear some part of it out." Noticing that she was still favoring her shoulder, he glanced at it through the clear waters, blue gaze scanning it quickly. It didn't seem to be bothering her that much at all, so that was good to see. He blinked at the spray that resulted when she vanished under the water, and again when she popped back up. Once again he found his eyes going to her hair. Yahal, he was jealous. He needed to stop glancing at it.

He considered stretching again, but a dull throbbing pain had settled into his legs. It was more of a very light ache, so it didn't worry him. He took it as a sign his body was trying to warn him though, so decided to lay off on the foreign exercises for now. At her offer though, the harlot visibly straightened from his relaxed form, head turning and blue eyes widening just a tad. For a very short second, the man actually betrayed some excitement. He was up in an instant, the water splashing down around him, his soaked figure glistening and his drenched undershorts hugging him just a little too snugly. Unlike her, it was obvious he was incredibly comfortable in his own skin. Stepping through the water in a graceful, but slightly hurried fashion, he was quick to make it to the shore. Even if his face had returned to that calm and professional look, his actions betrayed his excitement at her casual offer. "I would like that, yes. Thank you."

Pausing, he turned, blue eyes narrowing for a moment. "Is it in shallow water? Is the sea dangerous around here? I don't quite know how to swim well. I think I can doggy paddle a little."

Sadly, while it might sound like a joke to the fire-head, that very last part was quite serious.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Edreina on August 6th, 2013, 5:56 am

"Is it in shallow water? Is the sea dangerous around here? I don't quite know how to swim well. I think I can doggy paddle a little."

At his words, the Svefra chucked quietly, shaking her head. No matter how smart she thought the land-dweller to be, they always eventually managed to prove their ignorance. If the sea was not safe, how would an entire civilization have managed to survive upon it for the past 500 years? The only difference between a Svefra and a land-strider was the way they viewed the Sea. To her people, it was home, it was their bread basket and their hunting ground. Those that had not been born under Laviku's grace seemed to view the Suvan as a whirling, hungry predator capable of only death and destruction.

Standing as well, though she was quick to begin binding her still-moist chest once again, Edreina thought it best to comfort Matthew. After all, it was not his fault that he had been born in a noble's house and not suspended from the side of a ship as Svefra practiced. "Water is not shallow, it is deep enough for you to stand on your own shoulders and still drown." Hm... probably not the best thing to say in this situation, though the playful grin that flashed over her features would hopefully make him aware of her jest. "But don't worry... learning to swim is easier than walking. Your body does most of it naturally." Once her clothes were donned once again, Edreina waited long enough to walk in step with the harlot who was quickly becoming her friend.

Their journey to the docks was not tainted by the untapped energy that seemed to flow between Edreina and other men who shared her company. No sexual tension seemed to exist between the two in any form. Perhaps it was because Matthew's businesslike approach to sex soured any curiosity she may have in him physically. For some unknown reason - and his name likely started with an R - Edreina found herself wanting... more than simple petching. But... what really was the difference? She considered asking Matthew, but he seemed to be in the same position as she: knowing only petching, and not the art of truly making love. But, just because he had only known petching did not also mean that he did not know the difference, or perhaps how to explain why Edreina suddenly felt herself craving more.

Whenever Matthew asked an odd question, he was blunt about it, wasting no time. Edreina often wished for his fortitude. "Matthew... What-... What is the difference between petching and making love? And... and w-why do I want the latter, though I've only ever known the former? I don't..." she sighed ever so softly "I don't understand..."
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Matthew on August 6th, 2013, 4:25 pm

His jaw clenched subtly at her first words, the idea of such deep water actually quite terrifying to him. Even whenever he had doggy paddled around the shores of Zeltiva, he had always been able to sink just an inch or two and find his feet underneath him. Her smile didn't help at all, only making him think she actually enjoyed being so deep in the water. He hesitantly made his way towards her, pausing briefly to grab his neatly folded clothes. He simply carried them alongside him, one arm wrapped firmly around the fabric, blue eyes cautiously watching the fire-head at his side. "You said boat. Do we have to swim to get to the boat?" He didn't say it, but it was obvious the idea of learning to swim scared him a tad. Was it really something he needed to know? He knew how to doggy paddle, after all. Wasn't that enough to move him around inside the wild grasp of the frightening sea? He kept his brow furrowed as they walked along, thoughts moving quickly, jaw clenching and unclenching. He wasn't about to back down. He didn't doubt his ability to learn. He just didn't like the fear that was produced from the idea of learning.

The sudden and hesitant question from the girl jarred him from his thoughts, and blue eyes blinked at her, an eyebrow raising. What an interesting question. Should he approach it carefully, or in the calculated and straightforward way he normally did?

"I seriously doubt you have ever simply petched, as you put it." His tone was aloof, firm. Calculated and straightforward it was.

"Here, turn, look at me." He paused, turning his half-naked body to face her, eyes studying her own. "Hold still." A firm command. Deep eyes studied hers, then slowly closed. When they opened again, she might remember the change. From ice to fire, from apathy to want. His eyes slipped down to study her lips, oddly detailed in how they slowly picked apart the curve and shape of such a simple thing. In a subtle motion, his own full lower lip was tugged by his sharp teeth, a sign of hunger. It was written in his face, it was burning in his eyes. He was hungry for a taste. Just a single taste of the lips he was slowly commiting to memory. Glancing up again, his eyes caught her own, silently letting the want flow from his gaze and to her. He was making it obvious. He wanted her to know. Then, the harlot was leaning forward, never breaking gaze until the last moment, his head tilting to perfectly position his lips to skillfully consume hers. His approach was slow, and the tilt of his head was torturous.

The kiss never came, the fire flickering out of his eyes as he paused a mere breath away from her. "Right here. Regardless or not of any attraction, of any want, you are likely still thinking of the kiss. The mind can't help but think about the clashing of my lips to your lips. If it is someone you want, you want their lips. A part of you wants. It isn't just sex."

He leaned back, turning to continue their walk, eyes glancing over to watch for understanding across her face. "When you had sex with any man, in that moment, you wanted that man. Even if it was for simple pleasure, you still wanted. You still took a piece of yourself and invested it in them in a minor way, and in return, you lusted for a piece of them. Emotions tangled. Collided, just as bodies did. Then you go about your day, satisfied with the emotional and sexual release." He shrugged his shoulders, body rippling lightly, putting on a little show even when he was being completely serious about something completely different. Since they were halfway to the docks now, there were plenty of people around. Quite a few were staring. Matthew's wet body was certainly a nice sight, but in broad daylight in the midst of people? A bit odd.

"The human body is naturally addicted to pleasure. Fulfillment of emotion is a sort of pleasure too. Have you ever had sex, and eventually found yourself craving something a bit more? Harder sex, more passionate sex, and so on? You want more. It is the same for emotion. You want more. You aren't satisfied with the fleeting emotions that non-commited sex gives. You want something deeper. The natural human self is designed, as far as I can tell, to wish for a bond. Instinct tells you that bond is found in a much deeper place. Love, as they call it."

Again, a shrug. His voice remained apathetic, his gaze remained calculating and serious. "Making love is just sex while in love. A naturally intimate act only strengthens intimate attachment. It is a common desire. It is realizing you want that emotional fulfillment, and trusting someone enough to indulge all of your desperate need for emotional intimacy. It is one of the things that drives our complex minds to mate."

He could smell the salt in the air, and he inhaled it, letting the scent swirl through his lungs. "It simply sounds like you wish to be fully satisfied emotionally and intimately, instead of being simply satisfied sexually. It is harder to obtain, and it usually means more to obtain it. The latter can be easily obtained by a mere 10 mizas. Did that speech make any sense?"

Well, she had asked a question. He had certainly answered.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Edreina on August 7th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Oddly enough, Matthew's little speech had helped something click in Edreina. No longer did the sensation of wanting more seem unnatural to her, just strange. After nodding to Matthew, the redhead quickly became consumed by her own thoughts, chewing on the inside of her cheek as she attempted to wrestle some sort of order from her thoughts, some reason from her emotions.

Deep down, she knew that there was more between her and Raz than the simple friendship they had feigned for over a season now. Whatever it was, her heart was warmed by it, her smile brightened, each laugh felt a little more real. What's more is he constantly satisfied her curiosity, something no human had ever been able to do. They were so different from one another, and yet that only seemed to draw them closer together. No matter how hard they tried, and tried they damn well had, the duo seemed to be drawn together, evident in the quartet of kisses they had stolen from one another before finally admitting what was there. Now that they were done trying to be apart, could they truly come together?

When finally she emerged from her reflections, they were free of Syliras's stony grasp once more. The day was beautiful, though the Svefra found every day to be such, with Syna's rays gilding the ivory clouds above, contrasting the azure firmament ever so beautifully. At the horizon, cerulean sea met powder blue sky in an unobscured line that stretched on into infinity. Somewhere, somewhere out there the Anchorage was already abuzz with life.

It was a short walk from the gates to the 'grotto, and after boarding seamlessly herself, the Svefra offered a hand to Matthew, grinning broadly. "Wouldn't want you to get your clothes all wet... again." Edreina laughed at the memory of the state in which Matthew had left her days earlier, after insisting upon a bath. Once he was on deck, she took a step back and made a broad gesture of welcome to her home. "Now, since you are so intent upon increasing your flexibility, I will show you the proper way to stretch before swimming so that you don't get cramps, sound good?" Her skirt was disregarded once more as she spoke with a gentle smile.

Even if he decided not to join her, Edreina began going through the motions. First her toes were touched, back arching further as she walked her hands backwards until her nose was nearly touching her knees. Rising once more, she grabbed one foot and pulled it backwards, stretching her leg with a groan before moving onto the next leg. A couple of broad twists at her hips, a series of brief pops, and Edreina had stretched her sides. Her hands rested against the backs of her thighs for balance as she leaned backwards, stretching out the lean muscles of her abdomen. In a series of quick tugs at the elbow, across her chest and behind her head, both arms where limbered up last of all. All the while, her shoulder ached and burned and begged her to stop, sometimes even screamed. But the redhead was too stubborn, and terribly tired of this damned wound getting the better of her. So, despite favoring it ever so slightly, she forced it to go through all the motions.

Rolling her neck, her shoulders, Edreina approached the edge of the ship. "Ready to do this, Mister Doggy Paddle?" Any witty retort was lost as Edreina quickly hurled herself into the Suvan.
Last edited by Edreina on August 9th, 2013, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next