Completed [Bronze Woods] Judgement (Ninus)

After the bloody battle against the Yukmen... Ninus face probably the most critical moment in his life

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Judgement (Ninus)

Postby Radiant on August 4th, 2013, 1:20 pm

The Bronze Woods, 3rd of Bell, 61st of Summer 513 A.V

In the very early morning of the 61st of Summer, just bells after the battle against the landspawn called Yukmen, the Syliran Knights have collected every nearby Yukmen corpses and burn them, scouts also scoured the Woods to burn the corpses of the Yukmen killed by Ama's group. Wade, the axe warrior, had gone back to Syliras along with Shiyami, the phantom. The knights now turned their attention to Ninus and his highwaymen family, they were tied up and be gathered into a circle with ten knights surrounding them, their crossbows aimed and ready should any of them tried anything funny.

Ama, in her human form, could also be seen talking with both Sera Natasha and Ser Wade. Natasha had a very visible disgust on her face while Ser Wade just kept his calm, the perpetual frown on his face. Then both of the knights and the Kelvic approached Ninus and his family.

"You bandit scu-"

"Hush, Natasha, I'll handle this..." Wade, the calmer knight of the two, politely cut off Natasha. Wade knew Natasha wanted to cut off Ninus' head along with all of his criminal family, right here, right now, but Ama vouched for the Prince of Rats, saying that he wasn't involved in any of the crimes his bandit family did and that he indirectly helped her and saved Wade's (The young man) life.

"Hmph... fine..." Natasha scoffed and walked away, refusing to involve herself in talking to these scums, the only "talk" they deserved was at the end of her blade.

"Ninus, we made our decision, you shall be released and exiled here from Syliras. We know about your deeds and how you take matters in your own hands by using your poision. We also know about your disdain for our Order, yet you live under our protection, our city. Under normal circumstances, we would cut you down... but Ama vouched for you, she said you helped her and you saved Wade's life, the young man with the same name as I am." Ser Wade spoke, his tone firm and he was obviously not interested in anything Ninus had to say, the Order was already stretching their tolerance by letting him live.

"You shall be given some supplies, including a portable tent for you to make your journey from Syliras to... elsewhere. We do not care, though Sunberth seemed a good place for a man like you..." Wade did not even flinch even as Ninus and his parents looked at him with obvious hatred.

He merely ordered a knight to approach Ninus and undo his bindings, the crossbowmen steadied their aim as he did, The Prince then was heaved up and given back his horse, Jack, who was now carrying various saddlebags on his body, filled with food, waterskin, and all the necessities for travel. "We give you three days to get out within our territory, pass that, we will put you down on sight."

"As for your 'family'... we know that you killed one of us... that is one of the most grave crimes you can ever commit... Ready, men." At his command, the crossbowmen all raise their crossbows with their fingers on the trigger, ready to execute the bandits. "Any last words?"

Ama just watched it all in silence, at least she could still save Ninus' life. She knew talking to the Prince of Rats would just make things worse on his side and he would most likely be not interested in getting the gems, they would only remind him of this fateful day.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ninus Aurellius on August 5th, 2013, 3:36 pm

The Prince of Rats

Ninus silently took Jack's reins and pulled him in front of the crossbowmen. "Turns of a clock. They will not run, these deer you slay this day have more honor than thee. I will end the lives of those who saved mine all those years ago, as is my right and duty." he growled at the knights, turning to his mother. Freidys put his arms around Ninus and kissed his forehead, hands still bound at the wrist.

"Take my blades. Whatever's in the tent. Your father has some things stored away, you should know where they are." Freidys said softly to Ninus. "I have family in Ravok. Gutter children mostly, followers of the god there. They will shelter you until you find somewhere to go. Your father was born here, his family passed away ages ago."
Ninus pressed his forehead to Freidys' and looked to Churchkey.
"Whatever is in the camp is yours. We all agreed when this day came whomever survived would inherit it. Three days should be enough to sell what you need. There are always friends for you here in the woods, Ninus." Churchkey said, his hands on Ninus' shoulder.

The poisoner knew what he meant. The dangers of Mizahar meant they weren't the only highwaymen, not by a longshot, and Churchkey had made efforts long ago to have them band together. Perhaps there was refuge for him there. "There are codes even amongst us, this you know." One of the bandits said quietly, and Ninus kissed his cheek. He'd grown up among many of these men, from the time he'd been found in the Bronze Woods as a babe.

Brother cleared his throat and Ninus nodded to him, allowing him to move closer. "I didn't think this would be goodbye, not so soon. I reckoned on you and I being old and grey, drinking in the bars with that rat of yours. But you know, one thing gladdens my heart about all this. We drank their ale and ate their food for ten years...without so much as a bother." Brother laughed heartily and put his large arms around Ninus. "You've got my sword little brother, whatever you choose to do with it. Keep an eye on Jack, he's a good horse. Got more sense than you do in that strange little head of yours." Brother ruffled Ninus' hair.

"I have one request to make." Freidys said quietly. "Now that we've said our goodbyes. Bury us up on the heath, you know which one. Bury your father and I together."
Ninus wasn't surprised. For all the hateful pretenses Freidys put up about his father's betrayal years ago, they still loved one another. Ninus saw Churchkey nod and kiss Freidys.

"I always loved you, and your mother. When I bade you go into Syliras, I was frightened you'd never come out. But I'm glad you did. I'm glad you know the knights more than just the tales I told you, and what Freidys taught you out of those books. You know what a knight is, and there are none within a thousand miles of here. Take your payment from the wolf. Be wise about your travelling, you've seen me snare rabbits and cripple caravans. You know the signs of bear and wolf and how to avoid them. Survive, and come back here to visit us often." he said, his voice low.

Ninus turned to Brother, but the man shook his head. "You know, I think I'm more scared of you than those bolts, little brother. Bury me up on that hill as well; Myri will bless my soul for the last battle I fought, even for the life of that axe-wielding boy I saved. She'll look after me, I have no fears. But if you can, offer her something. For me. I do it after every fight I have." Brother said, turning back to face the knights. His face had gone stony. Ninus said goodbye to each of the highwaymen in turn, even the newer recruits he hadn't known well, and to the healer who saved Ama's life.

"Should've listened to your father and cut the damn dog's head off." the healer chuckled wryly. "She still wears my bandages, cold bitch."
Ninus patted his shoulder and went to the front, gently pulling Jack aside. He approached Ama as he heard the bolts meet flesh, though to the bandits' credit not a man cried out for mercy.

With some effort, he pushed his family onto the old gelding. He made sure they was dead, closing their eyes. Jack would have some difficulty holding three men beside himself, but he would force the old horse to do so. They didn't have long to go, he knew the hill his parents and brother wanted to be buried on. He mounted the horse, who snorted with effort, and looked at the knights.

"I promise thee and thine. When footfalls sound upon that road again, when trees grant me their bounty, no rest shall find you. No water shall you drink, for the springs will have fouled at thy touch. The very seas shalt quail under my hand, and fish shall float dead upon the bay. No food shall you drink, for the dragon's teeth thy hand has sown shall sprout no crops. The land shall become dry and barren, and thou shalt know I have returned for thee. Thy souls shall have no rest, for my weapons are not of iron and wood. They are the very water you drink, the rain that falls, the crops that grow, the game you hunt. Meat shall turn to ash in your mouths, even caravans may hide me. My touch shall foul everything, this I promise by all the gods. This city will cry out for you, and thy armor and weapons shall do no good...for my water will take the strength from your arms, my food will make your skin burn and your intestines to water, and if I find a way to poison the air that fills thy treacherous lungs I will. I shalt see the babes thy mothers birthed laying in gutters in the streets, I shall slit the throats of any that survive. This I pledge my life to, for thou hast murdered what rested of mercy and goodness in mine heart. Mine is cold and still as thine. I am thine squire this day, to return a warlord." He told the men assembled there as he mounted Jack.

His eyes turned to Ama. "And thy game will litter the ground with no heartbeat, meat fouled and grey. Thy water will murder fish and squirrel, horse and hunter, wolf and bear alike. Flesh shalt hang from thy bones, despondent and weak. I shall summon the hell hounds that knotted thy mother and bred her, and this wood shalt not know peace for the blood thou hast spilt. The healer that healed thee, the throat that granted thy miserable and exhausted hide life...these ghosts shalt haunt thy wood all the days of your life, if ever you live that long. The gems I hold begin that road, granted by thine hand...thy suicide shall come. In a thousand days or ten. But what thou hast sowed...thy hand shall reap."

He turned Jack and set him for a path into the Bronze Wood, disappearing into the trees. He allowed himself, when out of sight and earshot of the knights, to dismount the horse and weep against his fur. This would be the last time he would allow himself such a comfort, for his life had a new purpose. Hatred would follow him all the days of his life.
Ninus Aurellius
The Prince of Rats

Words: 151414
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2013, 2:44 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on August 5th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Ninus :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Intimidation +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A life-changing event
Last farewells with my family
No good deed goes unpunished
Exiled from Syliras

Consequences
Execution: Ninus' NPC family (Freidys, Churchkey, Brother, and everyone else) have been executed by the Knights. You may not use them anymore pass 61st of Summer 513 A.V
Exile: Ninus is banned from the City of Syliras forever. Should he's found out lingering within the territory of Syliras, he will be executed on sight.

Notes :
Farewell, Prince of Rats.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)