[City Council Chambers] To Build More (Puck, Kavala)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Hatot on July 22nd, 2010, 8:48 am

60th Day of Summer, 510 A.V.

Hatot stood in the waiting area, his form motionless as he looked through the halls and the small motions each of them made. It didn’t seem that long ago that he had been here for different reasons. Today was a more simple occasion however, as Hatot looked to simply procure some land for building his own school. The thought that they might reject his idea due to the Tuvya Sasaran had crossed his mind, but building a school of his own, along the mountain not far off from Sanctuary itself, seemed more and more important to him the more he thought about it.

Truth be told, there was nothing wrong with the Tuvya Sasaran. He had learned much by studying under the grand master there, but he found the noises that the city provided could prove to be a distraction for some students early on, as well as the fact that despite how far he had come, he still garnered looks of reservation from his fellow Akalaks in the city. This would make things simpler for him, and for possible new students in the long run. Plus they wouldn’t have to travel through the city in order to work on other physical training, running to build endurance being the most notable of them.

“Want me to talk to the ancients this time?” Radris suddenly echoed in his mind.

“I thought that we agreed that you talking to the Elders,” Hatot replied to Radris, “was a bad idea.”

“Well, you agreed.” Radris echoed before letting out a light snicker. “I would find it petching hilarious to see their reactions.”

“No, Radris,” Hatot replied with a simple sigh, “I will speak with them. You’re efforts are better suited for mentally preparing students to deal with fear.”

“Yeah, I’m sort of proud of being their first boogey man.” Radris then echoed with a snort.

Hatot then looked over to Kavala, giving a pleasant smile. Something he found himself doing more often since she had come into his life. She had claimed several times that he had taught her so much, given her so much. Truth be told, she had given back just as much as she had received, even more in his opinion. He and Radris had come so far in just a couple of seasons since they had met her. Leaps and bounds when compared to how they interacted before she had made the subtle suggestion that Hatot allow Radris out of his cage, rather than keeping him locked up until he submitted. In working with Radris, Hatot found himself able to deal with so much more than he would have been able to had he still been caging him inside. Her silent strength, which grew day by day, seemed to fuel Hatot and Radris’ own. Practically to the point that the three of them feed off of each other, and allowed them to grow even more.

When Hatot had mentioned his desire to teach more, it was then Kavala suggested that he create his own school, and further more, agreed to help with some of the initial funds for starting it. It spurred him that much more to do so, gave him drive to get it started. It was something he could do, something he knew he couldn’t fail at, wouldn’t fail at, because it meant as much to her as it did to him. As his eyes continued to gaze into Kavala’s own, the warm smile still on his face, he released a slow exhale, almost feeling, light. “I just wanted you to know, Kavala, that no matter what they decide in there,” Hatot then said, still finding trouble expressing himself verbally, “that there are no words to express how much it means to me that you’re standing beside me in this.”

“True enough, you’re the inspiration I’ve gained for this.” Hatot then continued, taking a step towards Kavala as his hand lowered, grasping her own lightly. He then lightly pressed his lips along the back of her hand, leaning his entire frame to do so. “You’ve taught me as much as I’ve ever taught you, and if we can get this school built, I hope to continue that.”
Last edited by Hatot on July 23rd, 2010, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on July 23rd, 2010, 8:20 pm

ImageKavala stood quietly beside Hatot, a slightly amused expression crossing her face. There was more of that these days - emotion - in her facial features as she watched the tall Akalak take on a slightly blank look that meant he was talking to himself.

Arguing probably.

She let them do it for a while, knowing they had time to spare. Radris was probably volunteering to 'talk to the council' for Hatot, while Hatot was probably giving him an itemized list of all the reasons that Radris speaking for them was probably not a good idea. The thought, while pure speculation on her part, brought a fleeting smile to her face and she let them at it. It was almost as if they 'enjoyed' each other's company nowadays. Before, the balance between the two was always imperfect and threatening to tip at any moment. Now, there was some sort of uneasy truce, as if they somehow realized they needed and respected each other. For Kavala, the respect was far more important than the need - for she knew each was strong in his own way.

So, she let them converse a bit until the time lengthened out, then she gently leaned against him for a moment - a gesture to a casual observer that might have appeared an accident - and simply brushed the scales on her arm backwards against his arm a little roughly, hopefully bringing his focus back to the room. She looked up at him, smiled briefly, and glanced at the Council Doors.

"He wants to help you out and talk to them for you, doesn't he?" She said, amusement flickering across her features and infused throughout her alto voice.

But she didn't continue her light-hearted banter, even though she'd planned too in order to calm Hatot's nerves because something in his eyes touched her and shushed her to silence. She stepped closer to hear him better, then her features softened as his words sank in. "I wouldn't be anywhere else." She was one of his biggest supporters. Kavala knew somewhere in the city Hatot had a family of his own and a father that cared deeply. But she hadn't pressed a meeting because she knew his culture and knew that his mother had died. Kavala didn't want Hatot's father to see her as a weakness for Hatot or a chink in his armor that would leave him vulnerable in the long run. She wouldn't be. Not if she could help it. So she wouldn't be anywhere else at the moment, and any other situation he needed in the future.

Kavala was actually dressed to meet the Council in something other than her familiar boys clothing. Subtly over the summer season, Kavala had slowly altered her wardrobe. Dresses were included now, like the one she wore, which left her shoulders and arms bare and flowed like a scarf down her body. Matching sandals adorned her feet showing off the scales that traced her limbs and disappeared under the flowing black and floral cloth. The silver Nakivak bracelet looked familiar on her wrist, like an ordinary piece of women's jewelry, though the unbroken decorative cuff was not something she could remove on her own. And her hair was loose, feminine, and seemed to add an air of elegance to the outfit. The way she moved though, Hatot could tell something was sheathed above her knee on her inner thigh. His lakan was tucked safely out of sight but protecting and marking her location for him nevertheless. She was never without it.

He closed the rest of the remaining distance between them and took her hand. She smiled, met his eyes, and nodded at his words. His lips on her skin, even innocently along the back of her hand, made her respond and she flushed slightly, a tell-tale pink. Hatot had never treated her with anything but respect. But saying she was his inspiration was something else altogether. "You'll get your school. One way or another. But they will see what all the rest of us do, Hatot. You are driven, goal-orientated, and you don't know how not to succeed. These are qualities the Council cannot help but see, Hatot. You'll get your school if we have to build it one wall at a time in the pasture. It would just be so much nicer if they allowed you your own land. Perhaps across the road and out the gate from Sanctuary. I know there's room and that plot has always been vacant." She said, leaning against him slightly before pulling away and smoothing her dress fussing a little in it. She still wasn't used to the fancier clothing, but it was something she'd get used too the more she wore them.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Puck on July 25th, 2010, 3:12 am

With little warning or ceremony, a rather large and angry Akalak threw open the doors and stormed from the council chambers. The pair could almost see the steam rising from his ears, and he clearly would have bowled them over had they been in his way. With little more than a few grunts of indignation, the Akalak opened the outer doors and slammed them shut. Two guards, standing inconspicuously and silent on either side of the waiting chamber, stepped forth. They turned and in unison exited the building to follow the enraged Akalak.

Almost anticlimactically, another Akalak calmly stepped from the council chambers. This one was shorter than the rest and wore a pair of extravagant spectacles, he spoke to the pair, ”The council will see you now.” He turned and walked back into the circular chamber to stand off to the side.

Walking through the open doors, Hatot and Kavala could see the Head Councilor, Nevar Chivan, sitting at the far side of the room. The domed room was large, and eleven Akalak sat at tall podiums lining the room in a semi circle. Chivan spoke to another councilor across the room, his voice laden with centuries of wisdom, ”We shall not deliberate upon the case presented by Jerixis until he has returned with his temper in check.” As the Konti and Akalak entered the chamber, Nevar turned and smiled warmly at them, ”Ah, I see you have returned to us Hatot. Have you found peace with yourself?” The old councilor remembered Hatot and his incident well.

Three seats to the left of Nevar was Sidifi Taktian, who now addressed the older councilor, ”Yes, Hatot has been making great strides in his journey for symbiosis. I have been watching him closely.” Sidifi nodded, smiling mischievously as he patted the small stack of books that sat to his side. His web of contacts was vast, and truthfully, he was watching everybody closely. There was nothing Taktian was more proud of than his city and its workings.

Chivan nodded, chuckling slightly at Sidifi’s interjection. ”Well then, shall we proceed? What is it you require, Hatot?” The chamber waited.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Hatot on July 25th, 2010, 6:45 am

Hatot smiled to Kavala, seeing the amusement in her eyes when she asked about what Radris and him were discussing. “Yes, he did.” Hatot replied to Kavala’s question. “He always does when it could potentially illicit a response that would amuse him.”

He then nodded, giving a thankful smile, as he cupped her hand in his. “Well, let us hope that we won’t have to take up any of the land surrounding Sanctuary. I’ve the feeling that students shouting during practice might spook your animals.” Hatot said before he cupped her hand in his. “After all, we wouldn’t want your patients constantly nervous.”

His head then sharply turned as the doors slammed open, a tall Akalak storming out from within the Council Chamber with a look of anger on his face. Hatot quickly moved in front of Kavala, acting as a buffer between the Akalak and her as he stormed pass them. The color in Hatot’s eyes suddenly shifted to a red hue as Radris came to the surface suddenly. Hatot feared his dark brother might suddenly try to instigate a brawl with the other Akalak as he slammed the doors, exiting the building. Instead, he found himself surprised when Radris simply grumbled and asked, “Did I ever look like that?”

Hatot soon came back to the surface again, his eye color shifting back to their golden hues. “No,” Hatot simply replied, “I don’t think you would walk away from anything that would anger you like that.”

As they neared the end of the summer, especially after Hatot and Radris had returned home from their Rite of Manhood, Kavala would have noticed their shifting of control from one to the other happening more often, more fluidly, as though it was becoming less and less important as to who exactly was controlling the body at any given time. Hatot then looked back to Kavala, making sure he hadn’t been acting overprotective of her when he stepped between her and the other Akalak. He knew she was training, growing, looking to be no longer shielded from others, but rather someone who could fend for herself. However, some instances just seemed to be a reflex for Hatot and Radris. Hatot, however, didn’t ask if she was alright, because in the end he knew she was. She had, after all, stood up to some of the worst that Radris had to throw at her. A fuming Akalak could do little to intimidate her in the long run now. Instead, Hatot just gave a slow nod, and that same calming smile he always offered to Kavala.

Hatot’s gaze then shifted over to the scholar looking Akalak, as he called to them. It was finally their turn to speak with the Council. Hatot only hopped that their meeting with them would go better than the last Akalak’s. Hatot’s hand came to a gentle rest along the small of Kavala’s back as they made their way into the Council Chambers. They eventually came to a stand at the center, once again looking over the faces of each of the council members as Nevar made a final statement concerning the last case they were presented. As usual, when the gaze of the Council fell onto Hatot, he gave a slow bow to them all, offering them the respect they had earned before he looked to Nevar as he addressed him.

He was just about to answer when the Council Elder Sidifi seemed to answer for him, garnering a nod of thanks to the Council Elder for his voice on the matter. Hatot then stepped forward, giving another bow to the Council as he came to a firm stand before them, much like a soldier might do in front of their superior. “I would first like to thank Elder Sidifi for his words in my progress for balance. Hearing such words from a Council Elder seems to validate how I’ve felt about my own progress even more.” Hatot said, giving another nod of thanks to Sidifi before his gaze began to travel over each of them. “I still feel I can grow further though, and I will endeavor to continue to do so with each passing season.”

Hatot then gave a small pause, his gaze still traveling over each of the Council members, never focusing on just one of them as he was addressing them all that day. “I would now like to thank each of you for taking the time to hear my request today.” Hatot then said as his hands cupped together in front of him. “It has taken me a long fifteen years to get to where I am today. The biggest leap, however, came at the subtle suggestion of someone close to me.”

Hatot then paused, looking back to Kavala for a moment before his gaze returned to the Council. “It has brought me to the realization that life is something that can never be experienced alone. Especially for Akalaks, for even if there is no one physically standing beside us, we are even then, never truly alone.” Hatot then continued, his voice calm as it usually was, but had more conviction behind it.

“Oh, jeeze, stop. You’re going to make me cry.” Radris then echoed to Hatot in a sarcastic tone. “If I catch you hugging puppies and kittens or whatever little stray Kavala manages to bring in during the future, I’m going to force a vomit. That’ll come before I punch ourselves in the crotch too.”

“Sometimes, those around us can help us to grow even more, and we them.” Hatot then said, addressing the Council further as he forced himself not to smile at Radris’s remark. “It is for that purpose, that I wish to procure a plot of land across the road from Sanctuary. There I wish to build a school of my own for the purposes of instructing young Akalak and others who wish to instruction from me in the Akalak Hand to Hand Combat.”

Hatot then gave another slow pause, looking over the Council members once again. “This, in no way, is meant to be a means of competition for the Tuvya Sasaran. Any student currently under the guidance of teachers there will be instructed to return to their Teacher there. As well, my school will be small, housing no more than eight students at any one time. So it will, in no way, discredit the Tuvya Sasaran or hurt them financially.” Hatot then explained, looking to each of the Council members. “The Tuvya Sasaran and it’s Grandmaster has given me much in my life. In the end though, there are some still in the city who look upon me wearily, and so part of it has to do with finding out how much I have grown, and can continue to grow. With my own school, not only will I be able to help guide future generations of Akalak, but I’ll be able to do so more fully knowing that they came to learn from me, and weren’t just appointed to my by the Grandmaster.”

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on July 25th, 2010, 4:42 pm

ImageKavala offered Hatot a chuckle, and then almost in amusement added something to what he said about Radris' helpfulness. "Someday, you're going to have to let him. But you should pick a really deserving cause. Someday when I'm standing right there to watch..." She said with a smile, squeezing his hand, and then releasing it. Her eyes lost a touch of focus and he could tell she was picturing a scene in her head and on the verge of laughter from it. Truthfully, there were quite a few people in life that deserved Radris' ire. And Kavala knew someday the two would be so fluid in their occupation of the one body they possessed that it would happen. She trusted Radris not to make an ass of himself, regardless of how much Hatot claimed he was. In fact, she respected both men a great deal and more importantly trusted each of them. Oh yes, Radris would get his day in the sunshine one of these seasons, and she wanted to witness it first hand.

"And though you're almost never wrong, Hatot, in this one little instance you are. There's nothing better for my young horses at Sanctuary than the ruckus of sparring, the slamming and banging of the forge, the clash of swords. If its in the arena thats all the better, but it will be fine even across the road. It dulls them to battle, to scary things, and makes them steadier better mounts in the long run. If you get attacked on the road by anything be it something wild or a group of bandits, you want a steady horse that's used to such things - even if its a small child that just wants to 'pet the pony'... I let them. So your workouts, your spars with all the girls, and Radris' bellowing all do us at Sanctuary a lot of good."
She added, knowing he wasn't thinking of training young horses but rather in healing ones that needed peace and quiet.

When the door came crashing open, the truth was Kavala did flinch. It was an unconscious gesture, but one that spoke volumes because flinching was not freezing. Freezing was a habit they were working on breaking because eventually it would get her killed. Flinching, on the other hand, simply put her body in motion faster and allowed her to subtly shift making it easier for Hatot to delicately step between the enraged Akalak and herself. That he did it didn't surprise her, what did was her sudden slight surge of anger that he felt the need to do so. She could protect herself. And in that instant she realized her body knew that as well. For despite the dress she took a stance automatically that was defensive rather than instantly looking for the exit. She smiled slightly then, feeling a surge of pride at the sensation, and laid a hand silently on Hatot's arm for a moment - a gesture of thanks and reassurance.

Then turning she walked into the council chambers with him. Kavala didn't speak, she only smiled at each council member and remained stoic until a time they personally addressed her if it was even necessary. It wouldn't offend her if they didn't, for she understood her status and the fact her skin wasn't blue and her sex wasn't male. Hatot was the focus here, and her purpose being around was simple. Support and testimony.

So she calmly waited through his explanation and request, silent and unworried by that silence. But if they had questions for her she'd gladly answer them.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Puck on July 30th, 2010, 3:24 am

Nevar Chivan's facade remained immovable as the blueish mountains crowding Riverfall's skyline. His eyes stared down at Hatot, passively examining the Akalak's demeanor. He swept over Kavala, who, despite her silence, had given Nevar and the council a wealth of information. The silence in the council chamber stretched like rubber, tension growing as the Elder Council pulled. Some, like Sidifi, scrawled thoughts on paper, while others like Nevar took a more mental approach and simply contemplated the notion. Suddenly the elder councilor unclenched and the rubber silence snapped, vibrations filling the air as his voice now did. "You desire the plot of land juxtapose to Sanctuary, and you have the aforementioned establishment's proprietor here to vouch for your credibility." The old Akalak glanced to his fellows, "Deliberations?"

The youngest member on the council, Dunali Cenandros, took the floor with a baritone protest, "My thoughts have firmly settled on no. The Tuvya Sasaran has been the traditional training grounds of the Akalak for centuries, and here we are contemplating dissolution without a real motive. For what? I mean no offense when I state that Hatot is not the most honored of Akalak. As well, the Tuvya already has space enough to harbor the eight or even twelve students you wish to remove." He lay his hands down on his podium and ended his monologue.

Like a fire crawling upon dry leaves, Sidifi instantly leaped into his rebuttal against Dunali. "I find I must disagree, Dunali. In regards to Hatot's honor, here we have both Kavala and myself who vouch for his character. The boy has changed over the years since his Rite of Trial. As for the dismissal of tradition, one could also argue that the council has a long standing habit of fulfilling the desires of those that have proven themselves worthy. Would not that be the dissolution of a far more important, if less formal, tradition than that of a secondary unarmed combat facility? After Hatot's performance in regards to his recent Rite, and his symbiotic strides, I do not feel that we can safely deny him this small request. In regards to space, you cannot deny Riverfall is growing and will one day require a secondary site."

A third voice, hailing from the dusty larynx of Uratto Janarnys, manifested when Sidifi quieted down. "Perhaps a moderate route is necessary. Suppose we were to have Hatot wait until the end of the season. This would force Hatot to live under the council's eye until the remaining thirty days of Summer have spent themselves, to reassure those who doubt Sidifi's words and the Konti's presence. In addition we may ask Hatot to teach those in the Tuvya that have difficulty with reaching balance, as he has traveled a similar road. This would remove more than one potentially dangerous citizen in a beneficial manner, while allowing Hatot to run his school. " Nevar Chivan smiled as Uratto finished the proposal, and raised his open palm in agreement. Rare were the days that Nevar did not find himself agreeing with the wise councilor.

Sidifi's hand shot up as well, as well as four other silent hands. With the spymaster and Council Head in agreement with such a reasonable plan, the rest easily fell in line. Even Dunali raised his hand reluctantly, for Uratto's plan dispelled the only concrete fears he felt he could muster against the school.

Eleven blue hands were raised, and were unanimously dropped as Nevar Chivan began to speak. "We the council hereby grant Land Plot 1729 to Hatot for the purpose of constructing a small academy dedicated to the instruction of unarmed combat." The Akalak that had opened the door stood off to the side, writing furiously to mimic the words of Chivan. "You are granted temporary use of three construction aids to be requisitioned from the Labor Aid to port materials and assist in the building of your facility. These orders effective on the 91st day of Summer, 510 AV. You are dismissed upon signature of the orders, indicating your agreement." With that, Hatot faded from Nevar's mind as the head councilor turned and began speaking lowly with a scribe from his office.

The scribe finished his sentence and handed the tablet and paper to Hatot, indicating a line beneath the copied orders for him to sign. He spoke to Hatot, a secret smile playing across his lips, "You know, that Jerixis fellow had just requested this plot for a tavern."
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Hatot on July 30th, 2010, 7:26 am

Hatot stood there in silence as his gaze shifted over the various council members, each of them raising their own case as finally it was Uratto who offered the middle ground. Finally, after Nevar raised his hand, the others following suit soon after, he then announced the council decision. A waiting period of observation over Hatot, and Radris. Observation to see that he has truly progressed towards balance, and that further outbursts of rage wouldn’t be happening. It made sense, after all. As far as Hatot and Radris had come in these past couple of seasons, it didn’t erase fifteen previous years of little or no progress before that. As well, the council could not very well offer ownership of land and business to one who was so imbalanced, that he could snap at anytime.

With the final word spoken by Nevar, Hatot bowed to them once again, a look of content on his face. “I humbly and graciously accept the terms and conditions which the council has levied,” Hatot then replied to the council, raising to look over them once again, this time with a look of confidence on his face, “and look forward to further improving. Both myself and any students that come for my teachings when I pass my thirty day observation period.”

As the council soon began to speak amongst themselves, Hatot soon turned, giving a smile and nod to Kavala. He then stepped up the scribe, reading over the paper for a moment before slowly beginning to sign his name where needed. His gaze slowly raised as the scribe informed him of the Akalak who had stormed out of the Council Chambers before they had moved in to make their own request. A slow nod of thanks was given to the scribe before Hatot looked to the Kavala, motioning towards the exits.

As soon as they had exited the council chambers proper, Hatot’s gazed dropped to the floor in contemplations. “So, that went well.” Radris simply echoed, stifling a yawn.

“As well as could be expected.” Hatot echoed back.

“And the possible road block?” Radris echoed, referring to Jerixis.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.” Hatot replied, looking back up. “It’s possible he’ll not even come to debate the matter.”

He then looked to Kavala as they exited the building. “Well, barring any angry Akalak coming to dispute our lock on the land,” Hatot said with a smile, “we should be able to begin building on the first day of the fall season.”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on August 2nd, 2010, 10:13 pm

ImageKavala stood quietly as the Akalak's debated. It was fascinating to her to see how the council both interacted with each other and with the petitioners. There were so many unspoken scenarios and situations within the Akalak society that Kavala having not being born to it rarely understood. But it was still interesting to see how they decided things. And while she was glad things in the end went Hatot's way, she would have really been appalled had a tavern opened up across the road from her facility. Drunks were not easy to deal with. Drunk dark-halves were worse. And drunks faced with the gates of a facility containing quite a few Konti women, horses, and feral animals would have been disastrous at best. Kavala bowed a thanks to each Councilor and then turned to follow Hatot out the door.

Kavala felt like in all of them acting on Hatot's dream so quickly, it narrowly avoided a disaster she hadn't even seen coming.

The gods were sometimes kind, the Konti thought, as she sent a thanks to Eyris and Rak'keli for preventing what might have been certainly horrible. She followed Hatot out of the chambers and returned his smile. "Congratulations, you two. It seems your going to not only get your dream, but some additional help in building it. I can't think of a more perfect solution to the situation. And the construction noises will be perfect since I'm breaking in a bunch of new colts these next few ten-days. Its far better to teach them amid distraction than teach them in quiet and expect them to be solid out in the field." She touched him on the arm, moved quietly with him, and then asked thoughtfully...

"There's so much to do. You'd best be getting plans drawn up for what you want. I suspect you'll be busy in the next few ten days yourselves."
The Konti said, smiling thoughtfully.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hatot on August 3rd, 2010, 12:22 am

Hatot stopped, facing Kavala as he grasped her hands, giving a nod as he reached up, brushing one of her stray strands of hair away. “The thanks go to you, Kavala.” Hatot said then, his tone sincere as he looked into her eyes. “You were the inspiration, the one who eventually gave me the idea for the school.”

He then began walking once again as they began towards Sanctuary, his hand still holing on to Kavala’s. He walked through the streets now, tending to meet people’s gazes more often, as opposed to when he would outright completely avoid such when Kavala had first met him. There was a sense that he didn’t mind the stares anymore, even though there were less of them now, of those who still suspected him unstable and imbalanced. “I certainly hope you’ll lend me a hand in the planning aspect. I’ve not had any experience with it at all in my years.” Hatot then explained, looking to Kavala hopefully. “As well as the planning, I’ll try giving you a hand more around Sanctuary with the daily duties. I’m to be good for thirty days if the council is to allow me to build it after all, and the less time I spend idly, the better.”

Hatot then slowly began lacing his fingers within Kavala’s own, smiling to her as they neared the edge of the city, moving towards Sanctuary proper now. “You’ll have to keep a close eye on me during idle times though.” Hatot said with a smirk, almost suggestively. “Make sure I’m not getting into any sort of mischief or something.”

Hatot
The Edge Walker

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on August 12th, 2010, 7:18 pm

ImageKavala grinned. "Thirty days of forced labor sounds great to me. I know a whole bunch of stalls that need repainting on the outside and about a dozen boxes of hardware that need to be made on the forge." She replied cheekily. Her smile was bright because she was indeed happy for Hatot that he'd gotten his land he had requested. They could plan now, stake out all the dimensions in twine, and thirty days gave them plenty of time to both plan, calculate the wood they'd need, and change their minds a dozen times if necessary.

It would also be nice having a place to train out of the weather directly out the gates of Sanctuary.

"Well, I suggest we head home. We can grab some twine, stakes, a long tape measure, and begin planning. You'll have to tell me all you want to include in the construction, and then we can sit down and start drawing out a floor plan. With thirty days to decide before we can order lumber and start building, it gives you plenty of time to make up your mind, change it, and make it up all over again."
Kavala said softly gently slipping her hand into his and entwining her fingers with his own larger ones. She glanced up at him, sometimes feeling like a child with their size difference, and thought that it was going to be a true gift to see Hatot dream, plan, and then watch his careful work become a reality. With the building of his facility, others would see what she already saw in him. And that was important to her.

They walked slowly together, hand in hand, back to Sanctuary. She did, however, ask him one last question before they gathered the supplies and got busy planning. "Have you thought of a name yet? If not, your going to need one... and a good one at that." She commented, planting the seeds of inspiration in his mind to begin thinking of it. Without a good name, the facility wouldn't feel real to her. Sanctuary hadn't, not until she'd named it.

Yes. It needed a name. And a good one at that.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next