Completed Intimidation (Revy)

Savio meets the third teacher of the Iron Fist School

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Savio on August 5th, 2013, 3:24 pm

54th of Summer, 513AV

The sun was high in the Nykan sky, and the sounds of wood striking wood echoed throughout the school. Today was one of the few days Savio had off from work, and he used it to catch up on his gladius training to pass the time until he could finally training with Ximal. He had the training room to himself, since Sayren was off doing whatever and Ximal was nowhere to be found. And it was possible that Bones was off somewhere else to train by himself, perfecting his own skills.

Sweat poured from Savio’s skin was he attacked the dummy with vigor. He wielded the wooden Gladius in his left hand and slashed at the various appendages, and then stabbed at the manikin’s chest and head. Then he would then fall back and block an imaginary attack.

Savio was focused. He could almost imagine that the dummy was Bones. His stance had gotten slightly better, remembering how Bones had stood, and how the man held himself. Firm, yet flexible. Surprisingly, it was harder to achieve than it looked. Savio was used to being able to use his whole body for his acrobatics, but using a weapon was much different. He couldn’t leave himself open but moving around too much.

Savio took a deep breath as he stepped back from the dummy and surveyed it, thinking of new ways to attack based on what he had learned yesterday. His body still ached, and he had a few new bruises thanks to Bones. His hands also had a blister or two, but he ignored the stinging pain. It was nothing, really.

He wiped his forehead and resumed his stance. Break time was over. He then crouched back into his stance and lunged at the dummy again, once again completely focused and unaware of his surroundings.

Last edited by Savio on August 18th, 2013, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 5th, 2013, 9:52 pm

It was already noon when Revy finally got out of bed. She didn't really feel like training much lately, but she still had to. After all, she still had a few weapons to master. With a sigh, she heaved herself out of bed. Still, after that incident with that.. brat of a girl, she didn't feel like going out too much. She didn't want to risk meeting her again, because she wasn't sure if she could stop herself next time around.

"I should just get some practice done. Clear my mind and just forget about... her.", she thought to herself. Still... should she put on her leather armor? Or would it be better just to grab her leather clothing.
In the end, she chose to get her regular leather clothing. She wasn't going to practice seriously. She was just going to clear her head. So.... she grabbed her glaive, left the sheath in her room and headed to the training room.

Once there, she could see a young guy training with a wooden sword... or well, if you could call that idiotic swinging of a sword, training. He was clearly not familiar with that weapon yet. What was worse for this guy was that he was apparently not aware of his surroundings at all. "Should I play a prank on him? Yeah, let's have a small laugh about him falling.", she thought rather evilly.

Sneaking up behind him, she planned to trip him the moment he'd go for that dummy again. One of the rules of combat was: "Always be aware of your surroundings. The one that is the least aware is the one that falls the easiest." She was going to teach him that right away and free of charge.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Savio on August 6th, 2013, 1:21 am

Savio was about to step forward when he felt something catch his foot. But it was too late. His balance was already thrown off and he was going down. He cursed loudly and colorfully as he crashed into the wooden dummy in front of him. Both he and the mannequin crashed to the ground, winding Savio in the process since one of the appendages jabbed right into his stomach.

He groaned and coughed as he rolled off the dummy and looked up from him position on the floor to see a strange woman he had never seen before, and she was armed with a wicked looking weapon that was also foreign to the young man.

It took a moment or two for Savi to put two and two together. The woman had snuck up on him and tripped him. He blinked out of his “deer in the headlights” expression and the frowned up at her. “Why did you do that? If you wanted to use the training room privately, you could have just asked.”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 6th, 2013, 7:11 am

Wow, that guy really knew how to make a spectacular fall. So spectacular that Revy just burst into loud laughter. How could one fall that hard from being tripped only a little? Either way, she had proven her point that this guy was far too focused on one thing, because he lost sight of what was going on around him. Should she point out his mistakes to him? Or would it be better just to ignore it and make light of it?

In the end, also thanks to his question, she decided to explain it to him. "Why I did this? If it wasn't me, you could've ended up dead, you moron. No matter where you are, NEVER lose sight of the situation around you.", she reprimanded him. Then she saw what kind of weapon the guy was using and thought for a bit. Was that a short sword? It seemed like one, but it was different in design. Would it handle the same way or hould it be handled completely different. Either way, that thing had no reach whatsoever. If she had to fight him where he was using that weapon, he wouldn't even come close enough.

"You new here? Haven't seen you around yet. Well.. I don't know most of the students here, but meh. If they wanna be taught by me, they can come to me.", she said. Would this guy be interested in a training session? Or would it be more fun to challenge him to a slight spar? The mercenary knew that this guy wouldn't get out without a few bruises, giving her a mischievous grin on her face.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Savio on August 8th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Savio’s stone grey eyes widened as the scary woman chastised him for not paying attention to his surroundings. He knew that she was right, but she didn’t have to have such an attitude. Savio struggled back up to his feet, his bruised body protesting. It was his ribs that hurt him the most, though. Ximal really had done a number on him, but Savio wasn’t going to let it hold him back.

Once he was carefully on his feet, and his wooden Gladius held casually in his hand he returned his full attention back to the woman. She then began talking once more. Ah, so she was a teacher. She had the skills to back up her attitude. That made sense.

“Yes, I am new. I just joined the school four days ago.” Savio replied to the female teacher. He wondered what she taught. Maybe she taught students how to wield that monster of a weapon? He then attempted to wipe his forehead free of sweat, but flinched as his hand rubbed over the stitches. Another welcoming gift from his new Master, Ximal.

“You are a teacher? What do you teach here?” Though Savio was attempting to not look like a complete idiot, he could not hide the child-like curiosity in his voice.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 9th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Oh wow, that guy had joined the school around the same time as Revy herself. That may have explained why she hadn't noticed him sooner. Not that it mattered. He wasn't like that other brat he had met, right? If he was.... This would be their first and last meeting. Mainly because she didn't want yet another person to start kissing her at random.

His question spiked her interest a little. It seemed as if he was interested in being taught. "I teach the longsword. Not the glaive, because I'm still figuring out how to wield it properly.", she replied. She wasn't ashamed that she didn't know how to wield it, because she had at least one weapon with which she could beat his ass easily. [i]"And if he challenges me, because I don't know how to wield this weapon... I'll make sure he'll regret it. I don't like it when people fight another when they are not in their top condition."

"Are you interested in getting taught or so?", she then asked him. The mercenary had completely ignored the childish tone at which the other person had spoken. He looked like a mature man, so it had to have been a mistake right? But... if he'd use that tone again, he was in for hell. She wouldn't accept it again. In fact, that she accepted it at all was strange for her. It might've been still because of that brat called Sayren.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Savio on August 10th, 2013, 11:59 am

Savio thought for a moment. It was nice that a teacher acknowledges that they need to learn as well. It made Savio feel more comfortable for some reason. Savio offered a friendly smile and offered his hand in greeting.

“It’s nice to meet you. Perhaps you can help me? I want to get better with the Gladius. Bones has been focusing on my defense at the moment since that is my biggest difficulty. And since you teach long sword, you might be able to help me learn how to defend against a more challenging weapon.”

The young man’s voice and posture was friendly, but it was still clear that he was still a little shy. He had a hard time interacting around women but this woman was so masculine that he didn’t feel so awkward. His shirt was damp with sweat and he was barefooted, it helped him move around easier when he was training.

“My name is Savio Cazzola, by the way. And you are?”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 11th, 2013, 1:18 pm

The woman looked at the man's hand. He wanted to shake hands? No way. She only touched another male if it was to shake hands for a contract. She hated men, she hated their guts, no exception. So this guy would notice the same thing. It didn't matter how friendly he'd smile, or how friendly his posture could be, she just did NOT touch a man without a good reason.

"Yeah, nice to meet'cha. I'm Revy. If ya wanna know how to defend yerself, you'll hafta fight me. I ain't gonna show you tricks, ain't good at teaching stuff like that. You'll hafta figure it out yerself.", she said brusk. She got agitated by the guy for being even slightly shy. Come on your a guy for Myri's sake. Show some backbone. Especially when you've been training by yourself quite a bit, a man should always how backbone, even if they didn't have any.

"Oi brat, show some bloody backbone. Doesn't matter if yer bad with the weapon yet, always show backbone. You've got a lil' respect from me for training so hard that yer sweating, but if you keep that petching attitude I'll whack your brain out. Ya hear me?", she scolded him. Ugh, if there was one thing she hated... it was whimpy men. Human men were usually stronger then females, so they should act like that, not like a friggin' girl.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Savio on August 12th, 2013, 8:53 am

Savio blinked when she didn’t take his offered hand and awkwardly closed it and put it down. He hadn’t intended to offend, but how she narrowed her eyes at him said otherwise. Savio still held his smile in place for fear of angering the woman further. Savio had the sneaking suspicion that the woman wouldn’t hesitate to beat him to a bloody pulp. It seems like everyone these days wanted to.

The woman introduced herself as Revy. It seemed to fit her personality. And Savio’s demeanor seemed to instantly change into something more confident at the prospect of a challenge. So he would have to learn by fighting the woman. He liked that. It would make the lessons ingrain into his mind if he was in a mock real life situation.

Revy’s next set of words made him frown though. Her accent was rough and heavy. But it was the words that struck a nerve. It was already bad enough that Ximal had knocked his pride down to a depressing state, Savio refused to allow this stranger to do the same. It seemed this woman only responded to equal attitude.

“Alright then, how about you take up a sword and we can get started? I want to learn from you.” Savio’s tone had hardened, but he still held a calm facial expression. Something was telling him that no matter how he acted around this woman named Revy, he was going to gain her ire. Petch it. Might as well go out like a man.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Intimidation (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 12th, 2013, 1:00 pm

The mercenary started to smirk rather evil. This guy was going to get the full brunt of Revy's annoyances. She was going to unload all of her frustrations on him. Oh the poor sod. If he was going to get away with a few bruises and a shattered ego, he could consider himself lucky. "Ok, sure. Let's fight. Lemme grab a training's sword ok? If I'd use my own, you'd be dead once I'm through with you.", she told him rather haughty and cold.

She dropped her glaive against the wall near the racks with trainingweapons. Then she picked up a wooden training's sword, about the same length as her own longsword. She gave it a few swings and could immediately feel that this thing..... was off balance. She'd have to speak to Xi about this. You don't learn people how to use a weapon when you use faulty weapons. They could learn for that and after would have picked up a bad habit. "Damn Xi not knowing the difference between a good and bad weapon. Gonna have to cuss his arse out for that.", she grumbled.

She then turned to Savio and grinned again. "I'll give you the first strike. I won't move from this spot, so go ahead and try anything.", she taunted him. Of course she wasn't going to keep her word on that, after all a fight was a fight and you win it by any means necessary.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next