[Mechanical Marvels] What Brings Us Together (Alistair)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jilitse on July 22nd, 2010, 1:17 pm

What Brings Us Together
19th of Summer 510 AV
Our love of cogs and wheels

She walked into the third tier, following Jerom Sendrick's directions. Mechanical Marvels wasn't that hard to find, it had its own way of standing out against the other shops for Jilitse. She was a gadgeteer in her own little way, and was very much interested in the way the craft was used outside of Sahova.

Jil stood outside long enough, taking in the small shop. She scrutinized the door and the wooden sign outside the shop, observing the small parchment that indicated a something about invention requests. The owner must be somebody who have received his fair share of mechanical designs. She stayed outside, pondering, sniffing the shop, as if there was something to gain by staying outside.

When she finally decided that there was nothing suspicious nor magical about the shop, she opened the door and entered. She coolly swept a glance over everything in the room before proceeding with her investigation. She made an inaudible remark or two about pieces that she haven't seen before, nodded at things that looked familiar, and inspected if any of the pieces were created as golems.

The shop owner would have found her peculiar, for in the summer heat, nobody in their right mind would wear such a thick cloak. Jilitse did not seem perturbed about the heat, and her pallid skin had no sign of sweat. From afar she might have looked like a noble woman, but a few chimes of visual scrutiny would reveal her rebuked race, the undead. This nuit had an air of intelligence as she went around the room, peering at the displays in the walls. She took a great deal of time standing in front of the two clocks, she summoned a look of concentration within a good bell. Just when she was about to move, she peered closer at the two clocks, trying to notice the similarities and differences. Her eyes were alert as she observed the instrument, whose inner machineries were probably used in making golems. She would ask later if the two contraptions were for sale. She stood still, smiling at the clocks, thinking about the many ways that she could learn and unlearn its mechanisms.

Jil found Mechanical Marvels a little sparse on stock, but she noted that there were all kinds of common devices that were also on display on the marble counter. She walked around, her attention pulled towards the left wall of the shop. There was a large silver device that deserved admiration. She watched the scented water fall into the basin, reaching out a finger to swipe at the silver sheet. Jil crossed her finger on her nose, trying to catch the mild scent that was somewhat nostalgic. She observed Eyris' symbols closely, eyes shining with interest. Whoever made this device was truly talented and devoted. She looked back at the shop owner, smiling an appreciative smile.

"I love your shop," she said. "I feel like I have learned a great deal just by looking around." She faced Alistair with serious eyes. Jil had been loitering the shop for more than two bells, which was, quite frankly, off the normal standard. It didn't seem like she came her to buy anything, but the way her eyes flitted from invention to another invention made Alistair think that she had something else to offer or ask from him.

"I went here looking for a gadgeteer." She stayed a good distance away from the shop owner because she was not exactly sure how he treated guests of the rare discriminated variety. "Somebody said you were the only one in town." Her unblinking eyes shone respect. "I wonder if you made those." She wheeled around gracefully, one hand pointed towards the clock. "By any chance, do you have a manual on how to create them?"

The question would have sounded odd on somebody else's mouth, but Alistair could probably measure Jil as the kind who did not fool around. And, in her own odd hallowed way, she was pretty, if that counted towards anything at all.
Last edited by Jilitse on August 9th, 2010, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on July 28th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Teetering on the edge of what must be an insane decision. If I calculate the factors, the reasons I should expel her far outweigh those that would see her welcomed. So why, cloistered by these sums, do I invite her anyway?

The clocks ticked, they tocked, they continued their apparently endless circuits around their face. Soft rapping drifted from the bongos to fill the room with the quiet rhythm, neither sweet music nor vexing noise so much as a liquid metronome. Had Jilitse called out or given some indicator of her presence, she would swiftly have found herself with company. However, the entire first bell and a half found her alone in the display room. The mechanisms kept her company though, sparse as they were. Without some sort of greater indicator of presence, the Nuit remained secluded.

Only when the ticking of one clock suddenly ceased, did the first sign of organic life emerge. Standing at only five feet and eleven inches and having just recently filled his frame from a life of malnutrition, Alistair deGrey was far from imposing. His beard and mustache were trimmed sharply, leaving little out of place. In a manner similarly incongruous with his customer, he was dressed in entirely black attire. Had his clothes been any other color, Jilitse would have seen the soot coating him. In his hand he carried a few sheets of papers with various sketches of what looked like a pair of wings, and while he walked out looking rather preoccupied with them, all interest dissolved before the entity he found waiting for him.

Alistair set his parchments on the counter as he listened to the woman speak to him, silence enveloping him. He did not move to speak as she continued about looking for a gadgeteer, instead examining her features. She resembles Magnolia... His lips pursed nervously as his eyes explored her body, but something was wrong. She finished speaking, but still Alistair remained mute as his eyes settled over unmoving chest. He was calculating something now, adding up the incongruent factors. Too pallid, wears a heavy cloak, does not breath...

Sums do not lie, "you are a Nuit, yes?" Alistair moved away from his designs and around to the front of the counter, walking over to the stopped clock near Jilitse. He turned the mechanism around and gently pulled on a key. His brain churned as he worked out his feelings about this woman, but it could not settle on a correct disposition just yet. His hands autonomously turned the clock's key, winding up the internal spring that would store energy for days to come. A minute more of automatic torsion setting the backdrop for Alistair's internal struggle, and he turned away from the shelf to face his customer again.

"Yes, I make the mechanisms here. No, I do not have manuals." His eyes, harboring about as much emotion as the spheres of iron they resembled, bored into Jilitse's. His mind boiled, unable to decide on whether or not he would appreciate this woman's company. Not woman, Nuit. Despite this, he continued to think of her as a woman, which bothered Alistair. She was too similar to Magnolia, she was from Sahova, there were too many thing wrong with her. Yet he was drawn to her as a frost bitten traveler was to a fire. Alistair could almost feel the inevitable regret draping itself over him like chains as he accepted the Nuit, "I do not make manuals, but I can teach you."
[/frame]
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on August 8th, 2010, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Jilitse on July 30th, 2010, 2:57 pm

"Yes," Jilitse answered, of course she was a Nuit. She casually swept a curious glance at Alistair, taking in his expressions, trying to recognize and label it using what she had learned of humans so far. The Nuit was still like a rock, but inside her mind she was very amused of the mechanisms that made the clock work, and the hunger to learn was taking over her impressions of the man and his shop. She observed the clock she was most fascinated of, and how its maker was now turning the keys. Jilitse had an idea. If this golem was a clock, she could make it so it would never need to be winded.

Her cheek twitched when he mentioned that he did not have any manual available, a subtle hint of doubt and disbelief. But since he worked with machines, alike and different from those in Sahova at the same time, she could not bear to treat the man with animosity. Nuits may lose their emotions over time, but some have desires that break their stoic facades. And Jil's eyes could not deny the desire to learn. What made the clock different from those in Sahova? What's inside, what makes it work?

"Teach me?" Her voice was flat, monotonous, expressions unreadable. She volleyed a look between the twin clocks and Alistair. She was in a shop, and no doubt teaching her how to make a clock would count as a purchase. But then, Alistair seemed the kind whose life is work, most inventors seem so. "You mean," for the lack of a better word, "like an apprentice to you? Or like a teacher?" Should she bring up the cost? She paused to herself. Let the human figure out the rest of the deal by himself, if they come into terms, then good. If not, there were other ways to learn.

She walked away, appearing to be interested in the goods that he sold. The feign did not seem to work, for she stared at the thingamajiggers like they were uninteresting slabs and pieces of stone on the wall. Jilitse would know for a fact, if not from experience, that the inventor never puts on display his good works and talks about his better works even less. The odd customers always wanted the best out of the inventor, and would thus need to be a little bit more crafty. Jiltse glanced back over her shoulder towards the man. She was dead, the lifeless eyes told Alistair, but she was... wait, was she flirting? She batted her eyelashes very very slowly, a trick she had learned from one of the kids in the orphanage, and smiled pleasantly. For a very brief moment she did not look like a Nuit, but for the most part she just looked like a corpse who was moving really really slow. "But, I don't want an ordinary lesson." She gracefully turned, "I want to learn it all. Is it supposed to cost me anything?" The voice had a clearer uncanny timbre. Haunting. Now, she realized, she just looked like she was intimidating the wits out of Alistair.

Jilitse didn't really have a hidden agenda for acting out of character, she just wanted to try and see if her acting skills could be passable for a human. Apparently, the only acting she could do at best is to creep people out. She'd have to wait if it had any effect on the gentleman in front of her though. It's not supposed to, but maybe it would have an effect on his preconceived notions of a Nuit. He seemed really wary of her. Jilitse hoped there would be no stone-throwing this time. Or her wizard's paranoia returning, is it possible that Alistair also knew the owner of the body she was currently using?

No, of course not, Jilitse thought to herself. Just look at the man! She smoothed her face as if nothing happened. Pretending to have emotions was such a bother.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on July 31st, 2010, 8:42 am

I believe I am walking the line between sexual deviancy and mad affection. I know it is Magnolia I am attracted, and not the corpse that looks similar to her. I am also aware that it is clearly not her body either. So why am I still being lured closer? At this stage I find myself unwilling to admit that there is a deeper parallel than a physical one.

A small groan was swallowed by Alistair, reverberating in his stomach and upsetting the latent butterflies. He watched the woman-- Nuit-- before him bat her eyelashes and speak in that calm voice. Thoughts sent down dark alleys by the phrase, But, I don't want an ordinary lesson, were suddenly pulled back into the light by the thought of Ha'na. deGrey brushed his fingers against the triangular Chevas mark embossed on his neck. A mental berating told Alistair that he should remain faithful to his wife even in thought. However, his eyes ran up the sloping curve of Magnolia's hip, and his admonishments became tainted with visions of her body laid bare. Another berating, she is not Magnolia. The inventor soothed himself by mentally listing off the various discrepancies between Magnolia's body and that of this Nuit. Though it convinced him this Nuit was not his lover, it did not quell that which reared its head.

Another swallow, and Alistair seemed to have cleared his larynx of the cloying desire. Though it still boiling in his stomach, the inventor forged ahead as if the steam running through his veins would power his body. His voice was calm and low as ever, though a small amount of uncertainty had interwoven itself with its fabric, "prices, in regards to monetary costs, will inevitably be affordable." His hands reached behind his back to clasp each other, as if awaiting ropes to bind his wrists together. "My goal is to instruct and receive assistance, not extort." Mercury eyes bored into Jilitse, not wishing to actually look at her, yet entranced nevertheless. "However if you have something of greater intellectual value, I would gladly trade an apprenticeship for an opportunity to observe it for the duration of your stay." Managing to close his eyes for a moment brought a slight respite from the disturbing Nuit before him. He should not be attaching himself so recklessly, for he knew little about the Nuit. Did they still have emotions? Did their intellectual capacities degrade? How different could their thought processes be? These questions flitted about his head like the insects poisoning his stomach. "Perhaps a book, or an artifact? I would of course like to examine you-- or rather it! I would like to examine it before I agree to the trade."

deGrey's eyes opened and affixed on the Nuit once more, searching for some sign of emotion behind the alabaster skin. He doubted he'd find much, perhaps this exercise was in vain. "Well?"
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on August 8th, 2010, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Jilitse on August 5th, 2010, 9:47 pm

If only Jilitse knew what being a damsel-in-distress was supposed to be, she would have behaved differently in Alistair's presence. However, her intellectual side got the better of her - not that there were many sides to this Nuit, and the offer seemed fair.

The Gnosis Mark did not go unnoticed, in fact, Jilitse became more interested of Alistair because of it. She inquired about it, what it was and who gave it to him, closing in an arm's breadth away. The Nuit leaned closer, too close for comfort, eyeing it closely. Her static gaze locked at Alistair's eyes. She would have to ask him more about it later on.

"I am from Sahova, and I have worked closely with automata. There, the golems and other mechanical devices are far too different from what you make. I suspect you have only recently set-up shop? For I have visited Syliras many times before, and I do not recall you."

"My name is Jilitse," She gave him a soft vague bow and a smile. "I would very much appreciate if I could learn gadgetry from you." She swirled away and walked around the room. "I only know very little of cogs and wheels, I'm afraid I do not even have formal training in mathematics. However, Nuits are blessed with good memory, so I would greatly benefit if you would be willing to be my Master."

She scrutinized an item that appears to be a toy and said, "I'm afraid I do not have much to trade with you, for the disciplines I practice have no sensible use outside of Sahova. That is, unless, you wish to learn about Human Anatomy and Embalming?" A laugh that almost sounded genuine was followed by, "I am not entirely sure, however, if you would be averse to magic, for I am a witch before an inventor. I make golems. Do you want me to teach you how?" Her voice was challenging, but she was quick to take the dare back, "Unless you are willing to know my craft intimately, surely you could present me with a fair price in exchange to be your apprentice?"

"Come to think of it, I can even work for you, in exchange for your tutorials. I have no need for sleep, and if my skills and ability prove to be desirable, I can be of great help. I'll work when you are asleep." And animate half of the items I see around me, she thought to herself.

"Do tell if I already sound like I'm imposing. I would very much like you to become an acquaintance." The nuit was patronizing when she said, "You are, after all, the first human Inventor that I have found since a few centuries back. Let's just say you kindle the passion and fire of my interest in technological research." Jilitse smiled, despite herself. She never knew she could be such a silvertongue.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on August 9th, 2010, 3:56 am

Right, we shall start fast and never slow down. Though I am unsure of whether I am describing an apprenticeship or a romance. Academic distraction shall be my savior.

It was a bloody engagement with himself when Jilitse leaned close to examine the mark on his neck, two halves of him warring with each other. Back away and possibly offend the chemistry while maintaining his morality? Or stand and allow the scrutinous, cold gaze of the Nuit to examine him? The portion of Alistair that might have harbored some sense of virtue whimpered and died though, and the inventor simply stood by as the Nuit leaned in close. Smells of fresh rainwater and moss wafted from Jilitse's unmoving chest as equally dead eyes examined his mark. A small voice, just loud enough for the Nuit to hear, came from Alistair, "That mark is from Cheva, Jilitse."

The Nuit, sated for now, deigned to answer his queries. His eyes explored the floor, tracing the stone tiling. Each word Jilitse spoke reverberated inside Alistair as his iron mind closed around it, sealing it within him. A slight grimace crossed him as she mentioned animation, yet his tongue reigned itself in until she trailed off on a sentence regarding passion and fire. Could the living dead even experience emotion? It was a question for another moment, though. Alistair's eyes met hers once more now that he had finished contemplating his train or thought, "I do have interest in exploring the human body, and would accept your aid as an employee. Yet I have no desire to learn animation." deGrey smiled now, "I will take you and teach you wondrous things, but you cannot use magic for doing so constitutes laziness. Your task is to learn physics and math and apply it to machines, not cut corners with animation. Everything you produce here will be fully functional without magical aid, it will be a true machine." The terms may likely be unfair to the witch, yet Alistair considered them generous for at one point she would have been eschewed out with a hammer. Yet deGrey did add this, "I care little about what you animate outside of my shop, the only restriction lies in the creation of the mechanism. Every inventor who can add a mundane power source can remove one, yet the reverse is not always true. This will separate you from the Sahovans."

Alistair clapped his hands together, though the noise was rather soft, and walked back behind the counter. Grabbing the designs, he spoke again, "Right, we shall begin your training with the mechanism I am currently working on. Follow me." Without delay deGrey moved back to his workshop and over to a chalk board. On one side his hand drew a large pair of bird wing, while on the right he wrote a formula. L = Cl*1/2)*A*V²*ρ. When Jilitse entered the room, Alistair would ask the simple question, "Can you make the relation between these two? If so, tell me what each variable represents."
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Jilitse on August 10th, 2010, 9:23 am

Jilitse was about to give Alistair a piece of wisdom beyond his reckoning, but decided against it. The man was willing to become her Master, and for her immediate masters, she consider herself bound to near-slavery and blind faith. Of course there were the usual suggestions, to voice out reason when the master lacks any "I believe it shall be quite wonderful for you to study human anatomy. With that I am very knowledgeable, having embalmed countless corpses." Perhaps she misunderstood? But against logic, she opined to it, "Surely you did not want to imply that you wish to study human anatomy using my body?" Humans after all, made such presumptions with their words, the Nuit who took one's pattern of speech at face value is such to miss out on the true meaning. "It is currently the ownership of a young lass in the Orphanage, for I have unknowingly occupied the face of her mother, and I wish to return it to her as proper as I could. Of course, shall you deem it desirable to be intimate with the crevices of this body in a purely scientific manner, I shall oblige. Note however that the muscles have sagged, the body fat gone. I believe it would be pleasant if we could find a better model to study. One that is not (yet) in a state of decay." That said, "I suppose this is a deal between you and I, an agreement to be one another's master and apprentice?" The man was averse to magic, his sentences clearly peppered with animosity. Jilitse did not care. Learning was at stake.

True machine? Jilitse peered at Alistair's eyes, batting her eyelashes twice. She should haul this insolent man to Sahova and give him a taste of what golems can do. She decided against it, of course, the man did not know magic and therefore would be incapable of marveling at it. At least Alistair took pride in his work and in himself. He spewed more opinions she found nothing but pride and self-worth. Enough with the rhetoric!

Gliding disdainfully into the man's workshop, she found herself sashaying, warily examining the room. She watched his back as he wrote a mathematical formula. A challenge.

"I apologize for my ineptitude. I cannot read the language of Mathematics in Common. I have been trained in an entirely different age than you are, and in an entirely different language." She held both hands in her chest and bowed her head, "Not to say that I would understand it if it was written in my tongue. As I have said, I have no formal training in Mathematics." Or maybe he was not listening? Oh the tribulations of the human mind for it can so easily forget!

Whatever was written in the chalkboard did not seem like it was related, in any way, to a clockwork device. Wily human. Jilitse asked for a fork and he gave her a spoon. Then, let it be a test of perseverance and fortitude. She threw him a crooked grin, mocking, "I hope you are not too disappointed." Slowly, she looked away, "But, I am still eager to learn." With a sweep, long hair swinging softly, "so teach me, Master."
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on September 3rd, 2010, 3:18 am

For the time, Alistair pushed thoughts of compensation from his mind. Worrying about Jilitse's end of the deal would come later, if at all; although he was interested in repayment, it was entirely possible she would make herself of sufficient use in the process of apprenticeship. deGrey turned from his blackboard to watch her enter, noting the swagger of her stride. At this point, he could do nothing other than analyze the factors and wait for a conclusion to be formed. Her demeanor did not serve her well though.

As Jilitse noted her inability to read common mathematical language, Alistair simply turned and transcribed the formula in ancient tongue beneath the original. "While I am not fully fluent in Nader Canoch, I am aware of its mathematical notations. Would this help?" deGrey was careful not to reciprocate the disdain and arrogance he had noted in the Nuit, lest the relationship become hostile. His initial attraction, however, was quickly waning. Alistair withdrew within himself, lively as one of the automata his student so proudly created.

"Regardless, that is the formula for lift, and that is a set of wings. While wings have little to do with mechanisms, the important piece is not them but rather what they carry." deGrey erased the formula, seeing as it had recently become irrelevant, and began writing. "You see, every mechanism must have a force applied. This, as you might note, is the only difference between a simply animated mechanism and a standard one. Where an animator gives force to an invention via magic, an inventor does so via physics." He paused for a second, recollecting the general design of what lay beneath the wings. "If you have ever seen a windmill, you will have indubitably noted how force is produced in its system. Wind is the initial input, and so it will be here."

He notated on the chalkboard, Force: Wind and sketched what appeared to be an axle and four windmill blades to its side. "The wind comes into contact with the blades, its kinetic energy is transformed into rotational kinetic energy, and the axle turns. It's simple." deGrey turned to look at Jilitse, ensuring that she was following along. While he had deigned to shy away from any more formulas, he still could not be sure his student would follow conceptual details.

"Regardless, we've established that this mechanism has a force and thus can do something, now we need to decide on what it will do. I was considering having it spread philters in a mist as flight would make that an effective mechanism for spreading fluids over an area. However, I am entirely open to new input."
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Jilitse on September 17th, 2010, 3:57 am

She said, no hint of gratitude in her dull voice, "Yes, it would help." She held a certain animosity towards this human, mainly because of his ill-equipped knowledge of magic. But yes, perhaps he is young, forgivable. Formula for lift, deGrey said. The Nuit wrote "L = Cl*1/2)*A*V²*ρ" in her memory.

The Nuit listened to his lecture. A small desire to correct the gadgeteer rose in her mind: Animation gives life, not force. She held her tongue. Maybe this person was meant to be...

And then slowly, her frown was released from her eerily pretty face. This man, unlike those she had met, knew mathematics, and from the sound of his voice, he knew it well. She found herself listening to him, taking in each context to heart. A windmill. Easily animated by... No, stop. She forced herself to learn the language of this man, unbound by magic. There is something new to learn! The infatuation for comprehension enveloped her.

Kinetic energy, Rotational kinectic energy. Like wheels moving by virtue of directional force. This wasn't magic, but Jilitse fell deeper into the pitfall of human intellect. "You plan for a gadget to glide in the air," she flatted her hand and motioned an arc in front of her, "so that it will spread philter like mist?" With great Sahovan duress and her five centuries of desire for world domination she asked, "I suspect you will want to get poison airborne through this method?" It was brilliant! Simply marvelous!

Jilitse may be hard-pressed to admit it, but she had long since missed Sahova. She left the acumen of her scientific existence together with the only man she was ever loyal to. But here was Alistair deGrey, gadgeteer extraordinaire, willing to teach her clockwork, capable of creating ingenious devices that will aid in conquering the world.

It was not a young girl's love-at-first sight, and Nuits could not really distinguish fascination from infatuation, but Alistair was the first nerd she had encountered in a long while, and on her list of interesting pulsers, he surely made the top of the list.

The seed of admiration was planted. She would be apprentice to this man, no matter what!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Archon on July 29th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Illumination of Development

Jilitse
  • +5 Observation
  • +2 Acting
  • +2 Persuasion
  • +2 Interrogation
  • +1 Gadgeteering
  • +1 Mathematics

Lores: Alistair deGrey and the Mechanical Marvels, Flirting as a Nuit, Mathematics (Formula for lift)

Care to see more? :
Observation experience for noticing all the little details, Acting experience for the attempts to show emotions, Persuasion experience for working to get what you want, Interrogation experience for prying questions, Gadgeteering and Mathematics experience for the brief lesson at the end.

Alistair deGray
  • +5 Observation
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +2 Negotiation
  • +1 Teaching
  • +1 Mathematics
  • +1 Gadgeteering

Lores: Nuits (Basic), Dealing with an unwanted attraction, Mathematics (Formula for lift)

Care to see more? :
Observation experience for the careful attention to details, Rhetoric experience for the conversation, Negotiation experience for the discussion on terms, Teaching, Mathematics, and Gadgeteering experience for the brief lesson.

Notes: A very interesting first meeting, I would have loved to see where the relationship went between these two. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office