Completed Memories and Medicine (Amora Jade)

Rorick wades through his memories, only to be interrupted by a cry for help.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Memories and Medicine (Amora Jade)

Postby Rorick Set'ani on August 8th, 2013, 1:21 am

A hearty chuckle rumbled out of Rorick when he heard Ghost's stomach growl in protest, refusing to be ignored. And the slight blush which followed only encouraged him. Grinning, Rorick realized what a long time it had been since he last laughed, last enjoyed the company of a good friend. And all it took was a viscous stabbing and a few stitches to bring that to him. As dangerous a life he lead, these brief moments of happiness made all the struggle seem worth it.

The heavy coin purse of the drunk he killed, the drunk who hurt Ghost, glared at him from the corner of his apartment, lying against his sword, still stained with blood. Should I bring that up? Now? Later? Later, he decided. The girl had enough things to worry about now, and he didn't want to ruin a happy moment by bringing it up.

"Go on, have some." He smiled, breaking off a large chunk a bread and sliding it across the table. She stared at the food for a brief moment, appearing unsure whether or not to eat it. She probably thinks I drugged it. Sighing slightly, Rorick decided not to press the matter. She would eat when she was good and ready, and not before.

Tossing a cursory glance at his patient, Rorick got his first real look at her. Hair as black as a raven's feather, matted by the sweat of last night's excitement. A slim physique, the ugly red mark of her wound stood as a stark difference to her pale skin. She couldn't be more than a few years younger than himself. But the aspect of her that drew immediate attention were her eyes, swirling pools filled with the confidence and delusion of youth. Rorick realized after a long second that he was staring, an exceptionally rude action against someone he had only really just met. Dropping his head quicker than necessary, Rorick hoped that he hid his moderate blush.

The two strangers at in silence, the only respire of sound being the occasional munch munch of bread being eating. It was a heavy silence, one that would not bend or break until a conversation was started. A patient pause, the infuriating lack of sound seemingly intent on seeing which person broke first. Rorick decided it would be him.

"So, Ghost, do you have somewhere to stay? Someone to watch after you?"
Rorick Set'ani
Noble Doctor

Words: 15523
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Amora Jade on August 8th, 2013, 1:49 am

The embarrassment spread further when Amora heard him laugh at the awful noise the protruded from her stomach. It made her want to crawl in a corner and hide, and she almost considered it until he pushed some bread towards her. Only for a moment she was weary about it, considering the people she dealt with it wasn't out of place, but why would he fix her up just to kill her?

Without anymore hesitation she grabbed up the bread and took a big bite out of it. Having gone without anything to eat for so long made the staleness of the food taste like quality product. As she munched on the bread she had to remind herself again and again to eat slower. It was dangerous to eat too quickly and would definitely do more harm than good.

The silence didn't bother her at all, she enjoyed it actually. It gave her time to go over everything that had happened in her mind. After re-thinking everything she began to wonder why he was helping her so much. He didn't know her and didn't seem to want anything from her, so why?

Out of the corner of her eye she saw that he was staring at her for a brief moment before catching himself and looking away. It was kinda relaxing that he had embarrassed himself like she had earlier, and actually made her more comfortable instead of creeping her out. With only a few bites left she slowed down to further enjoy it, then the silence was broken.

She fondled the question for a moment in her mind, afraid to let him know too much. If she wasn't mistaken this was actually the building she lived in; Sunset Quarter. It wasn't surprising he had never seen her enter or exit, she made sure that no one had.

After quickly coming up with something she was comfortable to tell him, she responded, "I rent a room at the Aquillar Hot Springs, I'm alone." The later wasn't completely a lie, she was alone at the moment, but her mother would eventually return.
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Rorick Set'ani on August 8th, 2013, 2:42 am

Suddenly glad that the conversation was once again in motion, Rorick regain his composure and relaxed his position in the chair. She lived at the Aquillar Hot Springs. Rorick filed that information away, not wanting to lose it. He might pay her a visit sometime, to check up on her wound. Plus, it would be nice to have a friend in Sunberth, one that wasn't carried in a glass bottle and gave him a hangover in the morning.

It was an interesting phenomena, engaging in pleasant conversation with someone his own age. It was an activity he had often missed out open in his younger years, wasting away in a candlelit room memorizing a dusty old tome loaned from the Library, and he found himself reveling in action. He suddenly wished that he had a chance for normality, to live life like this, everyday.

But alas, the day had grown tired and wan, the time roughly fourteen bells. Rorick realized he had kept Ghost far to long, the innkeeper at Aquillar probably wondering where their tenant had disappeared to. Sighing, Rorick began to stand open and move toward the door.

"You should probably be going, your innkeeper might rent out your room if you stay a while longer." Smiling a slow, sad smile, Rorick reached out and grabbed the coin purse off the floor. Pulling out two gold rimmed mizas, Rorick motioned Ghost forward.

"Here, one for the stitches and one for the conversation. The rest is yours," Roricks face suddenly growing somber, solemn, and a dark look in his eye. "That drunk won't bother you anymore." Handing her the purse, which contained 18 more gold mizas, Rorick smiled once again, glad to have had her company for an evening.

"And Ghost, don't be a stranger."

OOCSorry for kinda ending it there, but I was running out of ideas for things to say :) It was really a lot of fun, and I love the fact that we've established a friendly relationship between Amora and Rorick. If you ever want to do another thread with me or Rorick again, don't be afraid to send me a pm!
Rorick Set'ani
Noble Doctor

Words: 15523
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Character sheet

Postby Amora Jade on August 8th, 2013, 2:55 am

It was nice to get along with a stranger for once. She'd definitely remember all the kind deeds he had done for her and would return the favors one way or another in the future. The day seemed to fly by as she enjoyed a nice conversation.

A smile found its way on her lips when he handed her all that gold and she realized he had taken out the man who hurt her. She hadn't had someone to do anything like that before for her, it was nice. In order to keep her lie valid, she actually did decide to stay the night in a traveler's room in the hot springs.

Amora decided she'd definitely have to give him a visit again.

OOCI really enjoyed it, Amora was in need of a friend :P I'm sure I'll be up for another thread soon. :)
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Twister on December 17th, 2013, 11:49 am

Experience Award

Amora Jade
Grade :
Experience: Deception 1, Larceny 1, Medicine 1, Stealth 1

Lores: Thievery: Caught Red-Handed, Rorick: An Honest Young Doctor, Weakness as a Result of Blood Loss, Rorick Calls Me "Ghost"

Miscellaneous: Feel free to add 17 gm 5 sm to your ledger. I subtracted the 5 sm for the night at the Aquillar Hot Springs.

Comments: I'll explain right quick why I awarded Medicine experience. Basically, seeing as Rorick took the time to talk you through the procedure, I thought it was enough to have given Amora a bit of knowledge and at least an introduction to the skill. So, there you have it. No real practical experience yet, but it's something!

Rorick Set'ani
Notes :
You have been away for a while and your ledger is not up to date. In the event of your return, fix your ledger by adding Seasonal Expenses, then shoot me a PM to have your grade added here. Until then, I'll hold on to it.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous