Closed Where flies your arrow, dove? Where flies your heart?

Kovac invites Vira on a hunting expedition in the western portions of Northern Kalea, continuing to help her cope.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Where flies your arrow, dove? Where flies your heart?

Postby Lavira on September 5th, 2013, 8:59 pm

"Well that's the thing, Kovac." She said, turning her eye off the woods and onto him with a serious look on her face. "The infirm go unnoticed most of the time. We do our jobs, keep our heads down and keep our mouths shut. It as much protects us from those who would rather take advantage of our position as it does enable us to do our jobs without hinderance. You remember me telling you I'm a nesting attendant, right?" She said briefly as he sidled closer.

"If I constantly had to worry about the presence of Endal or Avora mucking about in the nesting aeries, I would never get my job done. It's more than scrubbing shyke off the floors and walls; there's a lot of small things involved as well. I'm lucky to be in the position I'm in as it not only lets me do what I love, but lets me continue to develop my abilities."

And then, ever so casually, he slippded his hand into the Chiet's and let his fingers spread hers so that they were fully entwined. Vira was staring at this curious display for a moment when he asked about the bone in her other hand. Surprised, she turned her gaze to it and then laughed as it was tossed aside. "Nothing in particular, I just thought I could try and see what predator had gotten at it, if it was one at all. I think it's too old, though; my skills aren't that good yet."

Her hand at first remained somewhat lax in his grip as her mind went over the implications and possibilities of this so subtle gesture. When it came to a conclusion, however, Vira was not inherently surprised. Unyieldingly, she squeezed his hand and moved closer beside him, pulling the arm up over her shoulder so that it was allowed to dangle on the opposite shoulder and be held by that hand instead. Clearing her throat awkwardly, she wondered aloud, "So...it could take him a while. We could, er, build a fire for the evening or something..." It was still several hours before sunset, though and Tulaj could very well go off and do his own thing during this search-period out of reprimand for keeping him caged so long (he truly hated that).
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Words: 596082
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kovac on September 13th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Kovac averted his eyes for a moment as Lavira spoke, examining his bow. Certainly, he must have been guilty of dismissing her too back then, for he did not even remember the half-blind girl until he ran into her at the archery ranges. It was a shame, that he overlooked her as a Yasi and when she went for apprenticeships. It was as much for himself as her that Kovac finally took Lavira's hands in his. He was grateful that he had the opportunity to see past the woman's disability, to get to know her, and even come to care for her so deeply.

They had been very much about business to that point, but as Lavira lazily draped his arm around her shoulders, the atmosphere between them shifted to one of familiarity of the yet undefined relationship they shared. Kovac used the arm around Vira to gently guide her in the direction of the camp. "I agree, we will have a full day tomorrow to hunt, and Tulaj should give us an advantage in tracking prey." He spoke professionally. Yet, Kovac's intent for the remainder of the day was more focused on spending time alone with Lavira, he had a hint the falconer had the same thought.

The two strolled casually through the forest to the forward camp, or as casually as one dared in the Unforgiving. The terrain had forced them to relinquish their closer embrace, though hands drifted together at more level stretches. Arriving back at the camp Kovac paused. He turned to Lavira, smiling. The Avora then lifted his hand to brush along the side of her face, fingers slipping into the auburn hair. He leaned in, gently pulling her to him, pressing a kiss to her lips, a firm one that seemed a continuation of the kisses they shared at the Mud Flats earlier that Summer. Now, it christened the camp as theirs, and confirmed the trip was indeed intended for more than just hunting rabbits.

Kovac stepped back, his grin almost boyish. "Lets gather some wood and get a fire going, and make this camp a bit more...comfortable." The Avora flashed Lavira a wink before looking around to decide where best to find firewood. "You don't think Tulaj would actually, like, pluck out my eyes while I slept or anything, do you?"
x
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Lavira on September 13th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Unencumbered by uncertainty, the teen followed after him, mindful of the terrain as they walked the trail back to camp. She found herself wanting, more and more, his closeness. Vira wanted to touch him and in turn be touched, as if that little connection might some how ignite something within her that was waiting for just the right spark.

He had been a godsend, above all. Sira's position made working with the kelvic difficult for Vira though the young woman had appreciated the help that day at the ranges. The changeling had shown the Chiet ways of focusing more acutely as she struggled with the nightmares and her own insecurities. Likewise, Iosha's neutral perspective helped the teenager see more than her frightened and troubled mind previously observed. Her interest in Kovac had risen from youthful curiosity and pup-like infatuation to something far more serious. She enjoyed his presence, his companionship and in turn it appeared he enjoyed hers; that alone lifted Vira's spirit. The woman did not feel used when with him; she did not feel that she was the means to an end for the hunter, but an ally a friend...maybe more.

When at last they arrived back at the camp and the man paused long enough to curl his fingers through her hair, the woman smiled, the dimples in her cheeks standing out. Then came the kiss and all that there was was cast into the flames again as she pushed up to meet him, head tilted slightly to the side, her hands pressing lightly on his abdomen while she breathed in his scent and enjoyed the contact. When it at last ceased, Vira lightly wiped the spittle from her lips, sucking it off as she peered up at him, that raptor-like orb watching, waiting.

The distraction of needing to get wood for a fire suddenly draw a goofy laugh from the teen as she hurried to the forests edge. "Why didn't we just pick some up en route? Or did you already do so?" Her single orb flicked to his waist for but a moment, a sly annotation that just as quickly receded as she faded into the shadows of the pines.

As she gathered an armful, Vira called out again, "Does it burn better than the eel?" The silly joke, whether worth a laugh or not, drawing another goofy laugh from the teenager before she reappeared. "The wood, I mean...Oh, and yes, actually, he might. He's had that look in his eyes to me before, too. It's kind of frightening. We can hang a fur over the shelter's entry, though." She nodded towards the leanto shanty that the Endal used in reference then headed likewise to it to kneel and set the armload down. Most of the branches were small, enough for a few bells at most but not the entire night.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kovac on September 19th, 2013, 2:32 pm

The kiss sparked a lightness to Kovac's heart, as if it lifted any tension or question about who they were, as individuals and together. It seemed to have done the same in the falconer, as Vira resumed her ongoing series of randy jokes, all thinly-veiled references to his manhood. He laughed at her and shot Vira a crooked grin as he too moved to gather some large branches. "If I bore any wood on the way back it would have been completely your fault. And yes, the wood I brought back does burn, from the inside out." Another glance was spared for the girl in order to flash a wink. "That fire too, is your fault!"

The innuendo in their banter had become bawdier. Kovac saw it as their own way to deal with the increasing desire they shared for one another. Each kiss carried the underlying curiosity, each brash joke seeming to push them closer to what Kovac believed, and hoped, was inevitable. The anticipation had a delicious quality, something the Avora was unused to, accustomed to rather quickly moving to the more physical intimacies with a woman. But as Lavira and the hunter had spent time together, and not giving in to desire, Kovac found his want for Vira growing richer, with new dimensions beside simply wanting her. The future moment seemed to become larger, grander, and anticipated far more intently than any past encounter.

Kovac looked over at the girl, her keen eye sparkling with playfulness. "I would feel better with a cover over the entrance, I will be able to ....sleep better." The grin the Avora beamed at the Chiet was so obvious, his intent so clear, that even Tulaj would have understood had he been watching.

Grabbing up some twigs and other dried foliage for tinder, Kovac pulled his flint and steal from his pouch and ignited the fire, adding kindling and a few of Vira's smaller limbs. They would not need a raging fire, it was neither dark nor cool as yet. Kovac stepped near to Lavira, invading her personal space as he passed behind her, brushing against her. Wood indeed. A stray hand brushing against her thigh, deftly drawing his knife and reaching around to hold it in front of her, flipping it until he held the blade, the handle pointed at the girl. "If you sharpen some sticks, I will go uncover the meat...the marmot." Kovac pressed a kiss to her neck and strolled off to dig up the kill he had prepared earlier.
x
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Lavira on September 19th, 2013, 3:52 pm

This verbal dance they made verged closer and closer to a precipice the Chiet had sought to avoid since Garren's abandonment. But now, it was openly welcomed, encouraged by the young woman as she laughed at his blame-placing upon herself.

"Me? Hardly; you'd sooner trip over that log than burn it." She grinned again, watching him from periphary as he gathered kindling for the little hearth they would build. It was slowly kindling in her belly, a quiet warmth of excitement that whispered to the falconers mind to go ahead, do it, because she wanted to. Her heart reached out for him even as he quipped about the psychotic harrier that was searching for the skunk they'd smelled by the creek.

She slipped into the leanto for a moment to search for something in the gear while Kovac readied the fire. THe sound of him striking the flint, the sweet smell of burning wood, it was soothing, oddly enough, a sense of being home with the one you loved; to say she loved him, though? Vira did not want to jump the gun there; do not push him away.

The teen straightened and slipped back out, moving to the water-skins to fetch a drink, the mouth of the skin tipped to her lips and her eyes closing as she gulped a few times only to feel the brush of the hunter against her and the stiff presence against her backside. His hand feathered across her bryda bound leg and goosebumps rose across her skin, the water lowered to find him holding the knife to her from behind, handle offered. He wanted her to ready some cooking-spears while he got the meat ready.

With a grin and a giggle at the kiss to the back of her neck, she took the knife and selected several of the longer sticks after setting the water skin aside, her monocular gaze following him across to where the marmot was. He was just bending when a reflection from the loch caught him in profile and Vira's heart skipped a beat. The copper-sheen of his skin and the midnight slick of his hair blazed as he dug up the kill. Swallowing, the teen rushed through sharpening the sticks while watching him, nicking her fingers a good few times before four of them were ready. Her eyes had been on the silouhette that had been created of him the entire time, fascinated. Excited.

She had to force herself to pull her eyes away and stab the sticks into the ground near the fire, point up, and hurry to him. Her hands slid around his waist, face pressing between his shoulder blades to just hold him and then murmur, "When you have finished come in...I-...I have something to show you." Her hands loosened and she slipped away again, returning to the crackling fire and sparing a glance back at the man, flirtatious smile spared from seeing-side before sliding into the leanto and hastily hanging a fur, as promised, over the door. The question now was...would he follow?
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kovac on September 20th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Kovac's apparent attention was focused on digging up the marmot meat he had wrapped up and buried earlier in the day. But the hunter persistently stole furtive glances at his companion (hardly seemed a fitting description for her now) as she saw to her chores. Lavira moved around the camp, confident and it seemed with purpose. Kovac paused to marvel at her. To others, they saw a girl too young, too handicapped, too damaged, too normal. Not Kovac, not anymore. He remembered holding her that first night she revealed the torment of her tragic fall. Kovac saw the terror of her nightmares, so intense they made her wretch. He spent the rest of the night holding a shuddering, scared, sobbing child that reeked of vomit.

But now, as she wielded the large hunting knife against the sticks, after a day of practically leading him around, taking the first catch of the trip, Lavira was a confident adult. Kovac was proud of her. Vira had grown from something of his ward to a woman who he saw as a friend, and now, someone he desired.

Kovac took a moment to focus on the meat, inspecting it to make sure it was still suitable to eat. That is when he felt slim arms wrap around him, the warm brush of her breath against his back. He flinched only sligtly as the burst of adrenaline shot through his body, then a wide smile, unseen, adorned his face. Lavira spoke her invitation softly, then slid away, though a long glance followed her back to the fire and shelter, catching the young woman's flirting grin. She ducked into the shelter, and within a few ticks, he laughed to himself as a fur appeared, dangling in front of the opening.

Suddenly, the meat seemed more than fine and he hastily wrapped it up and carried it back to the camp. Picking up the knife, he deftly sliced the marmot flesh into hunks, impaled them on the sticks Lavira had planted by the fire, making sure they were high enough to slowly cook the meat. Another couple branches on the fire, and Kovac turned towards the entrance. The Avora didn't know for sure what Lavira was up to. Of course, his mind offered suggestions, but he refused to entertain much speculation.

So, with a deep breath, Kovac carefully pulled aside the makeshift door and ducked into the lean to.
x
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Lavira on September 20th, 2013, 7:33 pm

The earthy smell of the shelter was rich and comforting, a scent that suggested homeliness though not necessarily actual comfort. It was also dark with the fur hanging, though there was just enough light to see the woman standing above the bed rolls. These had been hastily unrolled, a fur near the tree it had been steadied against doubling as a pillow.

Vira stood in profile, the light breeze outside making the fur-block ripple and warping the little light that made it in across the teens legs and middle. The rest was cast in muddy shadow, just barely enough allowed to see the light tone of bare skin, the shiny rust of hair hanging over one shoulder (of which was anxiously stroked with anxious hands), the reflected glint of an excited, but altogether unsure green and gold eye.

Just to the side of the entrance, the Chiet's clothes lay (her fastidious nature implicated by the neat fold of the garments). Her shoes sat atop them, waiting for their owners feet to grace their soles once more. Vira looked nervous as she stood above the bed roll, her hands and arms and hair in the way of showing off her whole body. What Kovac would be able to see was the thick scarring of her right side, a place just above her kidney still baring stitches (something that had not previously been visible thanks to the vinati she wore. The feather of the Thunder Bay eagle hung beside her face, the glint of the glass beads upon it reflecting against the young woman's jaw and cheek, occasionally flashing in her eye.

"I, er, I hope you don't mind. I thought....heh, I thought we might have time while the meat cooks...we could...maybe." She paused, long, looking shyly at him now and chewing the bottom of her lip. "You're very handsome, Kovac, and I know I am not the most beautiful out there, but I would very much...very much like it..."

You sound silly, girl...stop stammering. Just kiss him, he won't leave you standing here looking like a fool and you know it!

The thoughts seemed to settle some of her insecurity and Vira stepped towards him, ceasing her chewing on her lip to reach out and take his right hand in her left, drawing the hand up so that their fingers could knit between one another. Her right hand extended afterwards to gently take his left and bring it close. She tossed her head, throwing her hair back over one shoulder before setting his left hand upon her breast. She wanted him to touch her. She did not want to think about the ever-present pain; she only wanted him to touch her and hold her, to make love to her and forget the words that had niggled at the back of her mind when she chose to act upon her interests now. Iosha's remarks were not something she wanted dwelling at the fore of her thoughts when this happened. Neither would she compare him to that petching Akalak. He was Kovac and there would be no other like him.

Slowly, squeezing his fingers and releasing his left hand, she moved closer to him, staring up now. His right hand was positioned upon her hips before being released, that hand now moving up along his arm until it rested on his shoulder. The teen spoke softly now, "Will...will you have me, Kovac? I...would like it if you would." The hand on his shoulder moved to cup his neck and like she had done in times previous, she pulled at it to draw him near and likewise pushed herself upwards so that their mouths could meet in another kiss of endearment flavored with the almost tangible taste of arousal.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kovac on September 23rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

Kovac had an inkling, or a secret wish, for what he might find inside the shelter. Lavira had been almost sultry in her invitation, an aspect the Avora had yet to see in the young woman. But as he ducked inside, eyes straining to adjust to the dim light, the hunter found his friend waiting. Only a few rays of light crept in to illuminate portions of Lavira's legs, long and lean, the rest of her cloaked in shadows. She was disrobed, completely, only the cascade of her crimson mane and carefully placed hands concealing the more intimate parts of her physique. Kovac's breath hitched at the sight, caught off-guard by the girl's sudden nudity, yet a spike of adrenaline coursed through his body as his vision improved and he could perceive her form.

Though petite, and still young, Lavira was certainly womanly. Slight was the swell of her hips, but modestly generous her breasts appeared around the cover of her hair and hands. Perhaps the most notable, though, was the appearance of Lavira's countenance as she stumbled sweetly through her explanation, soft youthful features framed with a feather and beads of glass.

The woman didn't have to explain, didn't have to invite, didn't have to utter a word. Kovac had been waiting for that moment as long as Lavira, and the Avora was on the verge of taking her into his arms the moment he understood. But Kovac would tread gently, handle this precious moment with care, comprehending the incredible step Lavira was taking. Kovac actually felt honored that she chose him, after the heartache she had suffered.

Kovac yielded as Lavira moved, small hands guiding his. The hunter's gaze never left that amber-emerald eye, understanding the gravity of the moment, and feeling it for himself. His calloused hand rested on the globe of her breast, gently, as his other hand was left to flatten against the smooth curve of her hip. Lavira's soft request spread a heat through Kovac's loins, so sweet and complete was her surrender that without an ounce of seduction the young Chiet had enthralled the Avora.

As she urged him to lean in for a kiss, Kovac complied, his lips parting to mutter gentle words before their lips met. "You are beautiful to me, Vira." Then they kissed, ardent and carefree, Kovac answering her in the offering and acceptance of the openness of their embrace, the depth of the wet kiss, the gentle caress of his hands on her tender flesh. Kovac held Lavira in the amorous kiss for a long chime, his hands exploring more of her, gentle curves and swells, listening for the hitch in her breath as his fingers passed over sensitive places, his tactile journey encouraging his own excitement to rise between them.

Eventually, the Avora withdrew the kiss, lips buzzing from its fervor and slick from the wet embrace. He offered Lavira a soft smile, but his eyes reflected a deeper arousal. Kovac lowered the girl to the bedroll, then stretched out beside her. He wanted to savor the chimes. This was an experience in mutual exploration, learning each others bodies, discovering what pleased the other, expressing the affection that had blossomed between the Avora and Chiet.

On his side, leaning on his elbow, Kovac kissed Lavira again, long and lingering, his fingertips resting on her jaw. Then he looked down the length of the woman, long limbed and lean. The healing wound at her side was visible, the full length of it revealed for the first time. Seeing it now, he knew why she winced on occasion. A soft finger traced a trail next to the wound, his gaze turning to hers, reflecting his sympathy. The Avora did not dwell on the wound, simply noting that extra care should be taken not to hurt the girl as they progressed.

Instead, his hand combed away a stray lock of hair, then brushed along the ridge of Lavira's collarbone. Next his touch drifted down to draw an outline around each youthful breast, the palm running lightly over each peak before slipping down to the flat of her belly. His hand stopped on her abdomen, rising and falling with each breath Lavira took. Kovac's eyes looked again to the girl's face, all levity gone from his features, now immersed in adoration and desire. "I have waited for this, wanted this, for a long time Vira." He spoke in a low hush.
x
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Lavira on September 23rd, 2013, 6:24 pm

Those subtle intakes would come when his explorations found their way over the last rub on her left side and again above both collar bones (an entranced sigh flaring her nostrils with that one. She shifted a slight if he grew too near the right side but always lightened, like a feather caught on the wind, when his fingers traced around her navel. He would have found her very lips tremble in excitement, her breath frozen as he traced a line from navel to left hip and along the slightly bony ridge. And in his adventuring, she could feel his interest and though it drew a blink of uncertainty about this, Vira would not back out now. She would push through it, solidify this bond and whatever would come, would come.

He must surely feel her heart thudding in her chest, thundering in her ears, pounding out of her lips with each shaky exhale. And when at last the kiss had ended, the pair looking to one another, the teens lips would quirk just a little at the corners a smile of gladness. She reached a hand to brush the spittle from his lips with her thumb, then did the same with her own.

It was time, now, as he guided her down, he on her left so that she could rest on her left instead of right side, peering at him with such fascination and desire. A second kiss came as they lay this way, her eyes closing to record the moment into memory before it could end. When it did and they were let to peer at each other again, Vira smiled desiringly only for it to falter a little with the light touch down her right side. It made her self-conscious, reminded her of her weakness, every glance and glimpse, but to ignore it was to ignore her. Scarred, nearly broken...but surviving.

And yet, for all the discomfort his awareness of it brought, she was not that bothered. Not when it was him providing. The hand left her side soon enough to resume its exploration, her own hand tucked beneath her head for support while the other brushed at the course stubble of his cheeks and jaw. "Me too, Kovac." She finally said when he spoke his piece. "It's...it's how I've always pictured my first should have been. Will you make it my first again? I would like that if you would." The teen stretched towards him, arm muscles tightening to kiss his lips, body pressing intimately near.

"Show me how it should be. To be loved." The final invitation as a leg slid over his topside hip, her body compressing and the hand which had been trapped fetched from between them so that he would be able to resume his affections as she would, shortly begin hers.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kovac on September 27th, 2013, 12:32 pm

The air was rich and earthy, a concoction of Caiyha and Semele's realms, mingled with the natural scent of the pending lovers, Syna's rays peering through cracks in the makeshift door to subtly illuminate their rustic chamber. Surely, Cheva too watched over the couple as their blossoming relationship teetered on a significant milestone.

Heavily lidded eyes drank in the girl, her youthful sweetness edged with the allure of a growing woman. Lavira was at once innocence and seduction, and Kovac was captivated. Her plea melted his sardonic heart, and as her slender leg slid over his, a promise was breathed through his parted lips. "In my eyes, Vira, you have never been touched. What we create here between us is new."

Again Kovac leaned forward to press a kiss to her plush, trembling lips. His hand resuming its exploration, indeed as if he had never touched a woman before. Every smooth expanse, tiny scar (but not her healing wounds), angle and curve was caressed with a special tenderness. Only after his fingers had trailed down her thigh and calf lain over him, to reach an end at her small foot, did Kovac dare to explore the more intimate regions of Lavira's form, careful caresses to ignite her. His interest was piqued, as the girl would surely detect. Every sense and nerve within the Avora seemed alive and enervated by the leisurely tactile journey.

Kovac's sober, wanting gaze met Lavira's as he touched her slowly, the question unspoken but unmistaken. Are you ready?
x
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext