The North Wind Gardens [Hasre]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Tayhura on July 23rd, 2010, 5:38 am

55th of Summer, 510 A.V.

He had come too early. It had been several hours, and the sun had yet to creep her head over the horizon. Instead he had to work by the muted light of the moon. It was a blue and grey light, which blended in the mortar with the bricks separating each flowerbed.

Tayhura scratched his chin as he knelt down uncertainly, balancing a trowel in one hand and the handle to the brick-filled wheelbarrow in the other. He was still in the process of removing the old bricks to be recycled or resold. He had hoped to finished that stage by now, but at this rate, there was little hope for that.

"Well..." he muttered to himself in Arumenic.

He placed the wheelbarrow onto the floor of the garden. With his free hand, he shifted his plain, worn tunic about his feet so that he was no longer stepping on it.

"I guess I'll wait. Wouldn't want to ruin their precious bricks," he groused quietly to himself.
Last edited by Tayhura on July 23rd, 2010, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tayhura
Gardener

Words: 10379
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 7:04 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Hasre on July 23rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Hasre had noticed the new hire in the gardens almost immediatly. The only problem with the gardens and the hours that Hasre kept was that he worked in a cool office all day, and enjoyed the gardens in the morning or the evenings. The gardners also worked at those times to avoid the heat and to avoid waisting water and killing plants.

He moved with a strange quiet for one who was so large. All the years he had spent in the wadj worshops, and amoung the scribes of the library had there affect on him. Craftsmen hate noise and so hate being startled by footsteps, especially when they walker wasn't tryint to get there attention. So the scaller walked with no noise. His footsteps exact and preciese avoiding anything that might make a noise. By now Hasre didn't even think about the way he walked. The Library had become to much a part of him.

He had come out early this morning though to stretch and prepare for the day. Four of his six arms hung swaying at his side as he walked with the other two held a scroll he was glancing over as he walked for the quiet spot were he was able to stretch. Dressed in just a simple wrap he didn't yet have the gold and decoration that marked him as the Grandson to the head of the house, but he still walked with a noble bearing. He paused though as he heard someone working and making a racket about it at the same time.

The dark blue eyes settle upon the human, a Benshira, who worked now in the gardens. He tilted his head a smile creeping on his handsome face as he looked at the strange man. "Now we wouldn't want to destroy the bricks." He said in a deep voice. It to had a strange quiet about it. Not the timid kind, but just someone who didn't speak loudly. "You might also want to seek shade soon, as Syna's glare will soon be upon us."
Hasre
Of the North Wind

Words: 14456
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2010, 4:39 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Tayhura on July 23rd, 2010, 6:43 am

Tayhura would have liked to tell himself he was not a one to be startled easily, but that would just not be true. A soft-spoken voice suddenly crept up behind him, echoing his own words. Tayhura jolted slightly, dropping his trowel in the process. He immediately went to the floor, fumbling for his tool.

Once he retrieved it, he stood to his tallest and searched for the owner of the strange voice. He found that it belonged to an Eypharian- a handsome and distinguished youth who was several inches taller than him. Indeed, the fellow's very presence was imposing and commanded respect.

He did not know why, but Tayhura always found himself incredibly self-conscious when Eypharians were around. By the Eypharian's attire and poise, Tayhura assumed that the fellow was probably some supervisor of the workers. Not wanting to look idle, Tayhura coughed to gain courage and then opened his mouth, to let flow a torrent of nervous mumbles.

"Gods, sir..." he began, "I should think you are some cult-follower of Akajia, blending in with the night like that!" He corrected himself immediately, "I mean, not to say that you actually are a member of a cult...but if you are, not to say anything's wrong with cults. They do their bid I s'ppose.

"And about the bricks, sir, I swear I'll be right on it! It's just that I was waiting, is all. Like--like you said, sir, I don't want to break any of them, what with you wanting to reuse them and all. So, it's not that I'm idle-- not to, er, say idleness is bad if that's what you were doing..."

He chuckled as red tinted his cheeks. He felt quite flustered and realized how much of a blathering idiot he seemed to be at the moment
Tayhura
Gardener

Character sheet

Postby Hasre on July 23rd, 2010, 7:18 am

The dark blue eyes contiuned to watch the human as he fumbled through the situation. He titled his head a bit, but that was the only sign of any emotion over anything Tayhura said or had done. Just curiosity. Then with a slow blink a smile spread across Hasre's lips. His white teeth flashed in the smile as he leaned against a pillar. He folded all six of his arms which was always an interesting sight.

"Do not worry human. I am not here to judge you work, nor you words." He gave a brief laugh. "I was mearly passing through." The gardner didn't really need to know why or where to, and the young noble wasn't particular including to tell his parents that information, and defently not a servant. "We do appreciate you careing for the bricks, and the gardens." Hasre stood back up and stepped forward. His handsome face bore a stricking resemblance to his brothers. While they didn't look alike they did look close enough that no one would not think them brothers. It was said that their mother had done well to bless their father and grandfather with two handsome male offspring.

"As I said, Syna will soon enter the sky, and her gaze even here in the garden can be feirces especially as it is high summer." He motioned around him. "Clean up and set aside your work. I am curious to learn more about you. For starters what is your name?"
Hasre
Of the North Wind

Character sheet

Postby Tayhura on July 23rd, 2010, 7:59 am

Tayhura was raging inside, chiding himself for his nerves. The entire reason he chose to work in the heart of the city was his hope to familiarize with the Eypharians. He had not anticipated how extraordinarily diffident he could be when in the presence of superiors.

At the moment, he was vacillating between what he understood to be two simultaneous commands: set aside the work and converse with the Eypharian, who, Tayhura had gathered, was not a supervisor of the workers.

Tayhura secured his trowel between his tunic and the cord around his waist. He then reached for the handles of the wheelbarrow. Awkwardly stopping in his tracks, he decided not to keep the Eypharian waiting.

He lifted back up and locked his pale blue eyes with the Eypharian's dark blue. Thinking better of it almost immediately, he averted his gaze to the floor-- though he could not help but smirk a bit at the curious sight of the Eypharian's six folded arms.

"I am," he nearly whispered. He began again more confidently, "My name, sir, is Tayhura."

He reached down to the wheelbarrow and lifted it by the handles. He started to move it behind a pillar, where he knew it would be safe from Syna's harsh beams.
Tayhura
Gardener

Character sheet

Postby Hasre on July 24th, 2010, 7:02 am

Watching as he finished up his cleaning Hasre didn't say anything just watched with interest. Tayhura was a interesting man so far. Nervous but not scared.

Once he was finished Hasre motioned with his head for the human to follow him. He turned and walked into the garden heading towards one of the shader spots. "So Tayhura what brings you to Ahnatep?" That was the first question of his curiosity, as it was an oddity to see a stranger in there city of gold.
Hasre
Of the North Wind

Character sheet

Postby Tayhura on July 25th, 2010, 6:39 am

Tayhura dutifully followed the Eypharian into the shade of the garden, walking with long strides to compensate for any loss of length his average sized legs might have provided.

"Ah, well, sir..." Tayhura tickled his chin with his left hand's index finger. It was somewhat crooked and bulbous at the joints, along with those of his middle and ring fingers, as though some accident had misshaped them long ago.

He was not sure whether he should be sparse or full with his words. Perhaps, if this Eypharian were a lesser nobleman of the House, the fact that Tayhura found himself speaking with him meant that the Eypharian was in the mood for conversation.

Conversation it was, then!

"I've always been in Ahnatep, sir..." he muttered quitely, "just not in Eypharian Ahnatep...if that makes any sense." He stalled, digging for the most diplomatic word. After a short pause, he gave up. There simply was no way he could ever be as a graceful and well-spoken as an Eypharian.

His eyes still lingering on the floor, he began to ramble in a wavering voice, "Forget all that I just said, sir: to be quite frank, sir, I came to the heart of the city, sir, because I figured that the miserly old drunk, to whom I owe a great deal of money, would not bother to wolf after me while I worked inside such an intimidating house as this...sir."
Tayhura
Gardener

Character sheet

Postby Hasre on July 27th, 2010, 7:24 am

Hasre paused at a circle of benches that would be protected by the shade for a while into the morning. He sat down and leaned back on two of his hands. While at the same time another set of hands folded together with their index fingurs pointing upwards and touching the bottom of his lip as he listened. One of the last hands motioned for the human to take a seat across from him.

Behind his hand he smiled in amusement at the mans statement. It was an interesting smile. It seemed to be studining and learning. That was the way of the young nobleman. He observed everything and digested it, and this human was interesting new snake of him to savor.

"I do understand that there are different parts of the city." He said quietly. Again it wasn't that he was shy or anything his voice just naturally carried in the softer tones, and in the deep octives. "I would be interested to hear more about these areas of the city. What was living there like, and why do you how did you come to ow that much coin?" He asked again. It was strangely like a scholarly interview if Tayhura had ever had the chance to actually meet a scholoar.
Hasre
Of the North Wind

Character sheet