Closed Two teacher meeting [Bonezy]

The two teachers at the Iron Fist School meet for the first time. They have to discuss what should happen with Xi temporarily gone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Two teacher meeting [Bonezy]

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 11th, 2013, 9:21 pm

70th day, Summer 513AV. Iron Fist school

It was around noon when Revy stopped polishing her weapons. She tried to make it a habit, to polish them every thirty days, only sharpening them when needed. Her javelins only needed polishing, but her glaive, longsword and greatsword all needed a bit of sharpening as well. It had been a rather mind clearing job. It made her able to forget about both her problems with Zandelia as take her mind of Sayren for a bit.

But since she was done now, she had to find something else to keep her busy. Would it be an idea to go and train with her glaive again? She had figured out how to handle it a little now, so she had to work on her control of it. Maybe it'd be an idea to train with her armor on as well. After all, she had to get into it to feel the weight on her body and how much maneuverability she'd have. "Let's do that. I'll leave the helmet here, coz I won't really need it.", she muttered to herself.

However, saying she'd put it on and actually doing it were whole other things. Doing it by yourself was quite a hassle and she had to figure out how to actually start. But she chose to do it the same way she clothed herself. Meaning, pants first, breastplate second then the boots, greaves, vambraces and spaulders. In total, it was quite a weight, but it didn't feel like that. It felt a lot lighter then she'd expected. "Hmm, maybe this isn't too bad.", she muttered to herself.

The mercenary then tried to rotate her arms a little, stretch her legs and bend her body. It was also a bit more flexible then she'd thought. Of course it was still no match for her leather armor, but this protected her much better. It was then that she decided to train while keeping this on. In her opinion it would not just help her adjust to the weight of it, as well as the slightly restricted movement, but it would also increase her stamina much faster.

After having grabbed her glaive, she went to the training area. She started off by swinging her weapon a little. Simple straightforward downward-aimed slices. They were slightly angled, as with a long pole weapon, it was not easy to do the same vertical strikes of a sword. She wanted to warm up a little, so she repeated this around fifty times, if not interrupted.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 12th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Bones dressed himself more or less as normal on this day, cotton clothes with a pair of loose robes over it, with sandals on his feet. He always wore such loose clothing, as anything tight tended to interrupt his shifting, or ended up getting ruined if he tried to shift anyways.

He wore across his back his pair of gladius, his newer one on a right hand draw, his old one that belonged to his father and had a bone hilt, on a left hand draw. Bones likely would not need them, but he felt oddly naked without them as protection, even more so than he felt when he was genuinely not wearing clothes... He just could not feel totally at ease here, after spending so long fighting to stay alive, and living amongst humans who likely would form a mob to try and kill him if they saw what he was... Fear... Of course, he could defend himself, and he doubted they would succeed, but he still would have to leave town if he did.

So he kept low, hid what and who he was, his nature, living as best he could. Training humans how to fight. It was something he was good at.

Bones headed over to the training area, perhaps to see if any students wanted a lesson, perhaps just to train a bit, he honestly did not know. The training hall had a generous supply of fake weapons, made of wood, which were much safer than training with real ones.

He walked in to see a woman holding a long pole type weapon with a blade, practicing making a repetitive motion with it. He was not familiar with the woman, and kept his distance as he headed inside the door, eying her.

She was either a student, or a teacher, no one else would be here.

Bones made his presence known, with a simple "Hello..."

He was still examining her, looking her over, wondering who she was.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 14th, 2013, 7:17 pm

The mercenary wasn't focused on her practice for the full one hundred percent. Because of this she noticed a man entering, but didn't react to it right away. Why would she? If he only came to train, it was ok with her. Why would she complain? After all, training oneself with weapons, or even fists for that matter, was a way of protecting oneself. That made her job a little easier..... or harder sometimes, but that was ok. The harder her job was because of her opponents, the more fun the fight would be.

Only after he said 'Hello', did she turn her head. Stopping shortly after, she looked more closely at him. What was with those ridiculously long legs? It was... horrific to look at. But... she had to at least reply somewhat. "Yeah hello. Who the petch are ya and what'cha want?", she barked at him. Man she hated guys. Why did they ALWAYS have to bother her? Couldn't they just leave her alone?

She walked to the side of the room, where she had left the sheath of her glaive, and put it over it. This might turn into a fight and she wasn't going to use her real weapons in one. People might get killed too easily that way. "What's up with that guy? I don't like the look of him, nor the look of his eyes. He better quickly tell who he is, or I'm outta here.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 15th, 2013, 11:35 pm

One fact stuck into Bones mind... She was wearing armor... Which seemed a odd thing to do, in a training hall with fake weapons. Was she expecting to be attacked by an assailant? If they were so good, he doubted armor would help overly much.

But he also knew not to make assumptions, he after all did not intrinsically look any different than any normal human, but was in fact a Dhani. So if he did not want others to judge him by the surface appearance, he could not do likewise with other things. So he would just assume for now she had a reason for it.

When he greeted her, admittedly a bit cautiously, she replied with a less than courteous "Yeah hello. Who the petch are ya and what'cha want?"

He did not so much as flinch at the woman's outburst, her attempt to cow and intimidate him. Which might have worked on another, but not on Bones. He was likely just as skilled at scaring humans pants off, as this woman was. Though he could not fault her technique, it was intimidating enough for most.

He stood at his full height, which had only a few inches on her, which meant she was decently tall, at least for a female.

"You know, mossst consssider it rude to asssk anosser perssson'sss name, before you tell your own... I wasss sssimply sssaying hello, asss I don't know you yet. I am Bonesss, I teach unarmed combat and sse gladiusss. And you are?"

He did not put his hand on his blades on his back, though for a half a moment when he heard her tone, he almost did. But he decided to keep a bit civil, which was something this woman was clearly incapable of.

Instead, he just glared back at her, keeping a straight face, unflinching, unafraid of her. After all, he had faced down much worse in his youth, than a single woman in armor with a temper.

speech :
"You know, most consider it rude to ask another person's name, before you tell your own... I was simply saying hello, as I don't know you yet. I am Bones, I teach unarmed combat and the gladius. And you are?"
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 16th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Wait... did that guy just hiss? Was he just speech impaired or was he...... that which she hated with her guts; a Dhani? She had to ask that a little later, but for now... good manners at least compelled her to introduce herself as well. However, that didn't mean that she wanted to be any less curt to him. She was never happy when she had to talk to a..... man. They were just worthless creatures, good for nothing and only out to take every woman they can find.

"The name's Revy Hiroe. I'm also a teacher here... I teach people the longsword. There now happy?", she replied. "By the way, are you speech impaired? As you hiss quite a bit. It makes me think of a creature.... i'd love to gut." Dhani.... petching creatures that can only ambush people, that never attack directly. Always hiding in the shadows, ready to kill. How she hated those things. If they were to be exterminated, she wouldn't bat an eye... instead, she would gladly help.

"Darn Ximal, why did that pervert have to go and hire someone like this? Doesn't he know that I bloody hate Dhani? And that if I ever were to meet one, I'd kill him there on the spot? Ugh..... I'll have to talk.... oh right, he's in the bloody aperture. Useless guy. Isn't even around when you need him... and when you don't.... he seems to pop up everywhere.", she thought to herself.
"Has Xi told you when he'd be back? He just told me to take care of the school until his return, but didn't tell me WHEN that would be.", she said, clearly still rather annoyed.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 17th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Bones listened as she responded, no less rudely, telling him her name. Revy Hiroe. Another teacher, she of the longsword. A different weapon than his own gladius. And it seemed she did not teach weaponless, so apparently she specialized in the longsword, and perhaps more so weapon in general.

He used more unarmed varieties of fighting, than weapons, and only used his own gladius, nothing else when it came to weapons.

Bones shrugged in response to her question, once more taking it a bit to literally, as he often did when speaking common.

"Not really, but neisser am I unhappy. I sssuppossse I am jussst asss happy or unhappy asss I wasss when I entered."

Her next words though made him frown, and glare at her all the more. Mentioning his speech issue when using common, and saying something about gutting... He did not quite get that last bit, did not really make sense. He responded with another shrug.

"Jussst sse way I talk... Can't help how your mouss worksss, now can you? I've alwaysss talked like ssisss."

She spoke again, asking him of Ximal, clearly annoyed, but this time perhaps not at Bones.

"Gone? Not sssure, he never sssaid when he would return to me. But I don't ssink he isss ssso easssily killed, do you? Not ssat it mattersss, we won't change anyssing we do. Teach ssstudentsss, admit new onesss, keep sse place running... Sssimple enough... And I ssink he made sssome mention anosser time we met, of sse new additionsss he would like added to sse place when he had the mizasss for it."

speech :
"Not really, but neither am I unhappy. I suppose I am just as happy or unhappy as I was when I entered."

"Just the way I talk... Can't help how your mouth works, now can you? I've always talked like this."

"Gone? Not sure, he never said when he would return to me. But I don't think he is so easily killed, do you? Not that it matters, we won't change anything we do. Teach students, admit new ones, keep the place running... Simple enough... And I think he made some mention another time we met, of the new additions he would like added to the place when he had the mizas for it."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 18th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Was that guy being a smart-ass with her? Didn't he realize that she was being sarcastic? Even his answer to her second question came out the same. How this guy managed to irritate the mercenary. "Calm down Revy. He's just a teacher like you, hired by that perverted Ximal. That's all so get along. Don't start hating him just because his speech is impaired and he is a guy...", she thought to herself.

Thinking like that did help a little, because she felt herself calm down... a little. After having heard his answer to her last question, she had to think a little. "Ok, so Xi is gone and didn't tell... Bonessss or whatever, how long he'd be away. Though he did talk to him about expanding the school.... right.... Why didn't he ask me anything? Well... not that I'd be nice to him if he did, but still.", she thought to herself. But even though she was a little jealous, she still didn't know what Xi wanted to expand or so.

"What did he want added then? Because he hasn't spoken a word of it to me. And well... I've started to like teaching, so...", she said a lot calmer then before. She left the last part hanging, because it was obvious she would stay then. "Besides, the pay is good and a lot more stable then mercenary work.", she thought to herself. Of course even she liked a stable income. Another good thing was that she would never run out of sparring partners.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 23rd, 2013, 2:48 am

Bones thought for a moment, as she asked what Ximal had wanted added onto the school... He was a bit uncertain, he only recalled bits of the conversation. It had been a time back, and had been in passing.

"Added? Hmmm... Did he not ssspeak to you on ssisss? I am fairly sir-tan I recall him sssaying he wasss going to talk to you on it later, to find out if you could ssink of anyssing sse ssschool would be able to ussse, or would be better ssserved by having. Perhapsss he did not get around to it, asss he planned to when he ssspoke to me, before he went... Were did he even go?"

Bones thought on this for a bit, before continuing onward, with the actual response to the question.

"He sssaid a few of my ideasss were good, for ssingsss to get. A punching bag for, you know, punching. Sssome weightlifting ssstuff, for mussscles. And he sssaid sssomessing of him wanting each teacher to get sseir own full room, like he hasss now. What of you, can you ssink of any additionsss ssat would be good?"

speech :
"Added? Hmmm... Did he not speak to you on this? I am fairly certain I recall him saying he was going to talk to you on it later, to find out if you could think of anything the school would be able to use, or would be better served by having. Perhaps he did not get around to it, as he planned to when he spoke to me, before he went... Were did he even go?"

"He said a few of my ideas were good, for things to get. A punching bag for, you know, punching. Some weightlifting stuff, for muscles. And he said something of him wanting each teacher to get their own full room, like he has now. What of you, can you think of any additions that would be good?"

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 27th, 2013, 10:13 pm

The mercenary wasn't too sure where he went... well... he went to the aperture, but where ever he went in there.... was a mystery to her. "As far as I know he went to the aperture, but he didn't say anything else. He just told me to take care of this place. Meh... even if he dies there, I couldn't care less. That damn perverted giant, jackass...", she said. She cut herself short as she noticed that she had started to really curse at Xi. She still hadn't forgotten what his first 'favor' was.

But now the woman had to think of things the school would need. She thought of a few things, one which would at least reduce the damage taken by the regular dummies, and of course PROPER training weapons. "Well... things I'd like to see added at least are some training posts which we could armor, so we could teach students about weakpoints in armor, as well as reducing the strain on the dummies were they to use real weapons.", the last part was more for herself then for the students, but as long as bones didn't know, it didn't hurt.

"Other things I could think of are proper training weapons, because I've tried a few and... well the balance of those things is just... bad. I don't think it's in the student's best interest if they used faulty weapons. It could lead to bad habits and those can turn out to be quite deadly in combat.", she then continued, "Of course if we get another teacher that could learn people about ranged weapons, we're going to need targets and those types of weapons too. I can think of at least the shortbow, crossbow and javelin. Those three types of weapons should be enough for now I guess."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 1st, 2013, 9:23 pm

Bones had been in Nyka for a time, but Aperture was still a word he had trouble with. Perhaps it did not translate well, or perhaps he just had trouble with it.

"Sse great ground crack? Why did he go in it? It ssseemsss like a bad place to go on purpossse."

Bones was uncertain why this human woman had issues with Ximal. Calling him a pervert? He had more or less been fine around him, if a bit odd.

Bones nodded as she spoke of armor, thinking it over, the various types. Clearly some would be easier than others, leather and such being cheap. But plate armor, not so much.

"Yesss, and perhapsss sssome... Padding? Padded armor clossesss, ssey might alssso be of ussse. Ssough I have not had much issssuesss wiss sse training weaponsss, I sssuppossse sssome extra variety and new replacementsss would not hurt."

He thought on the mention of ranged weapons, perhaps yes getting a teacher in it would be a good idea. He himself knew little of ranged fighting. He tended more towards close quarters combat.

"Yesss, if we could get sssuch a teacher, it would be a good new direction for sse ssschool. Ssough asss you sssaid it would alssso add many new issssuesss to consssider, ssingsss we would need. Ssough I am unsssure how we would go about getting a new teacher, or accepting one, without Xxee-mal."

speech :
"The great ground crack? Why did he go in it? It seems like a bad place to go on purpose."

"Yes, and perhaps some... Padding? Padded armor clothes, they might also be of use. Though I have not had much issues with the training weapons, I suppose some extra variety and new replacements would not hurt."

"Yes, if we could get such a teacher, it would be a good new direction for the school. Though as you said it would also add many new issues to consider, things we would need. Though I am unsure how we would go about getting a new teacher, or accepting one, without Ximal."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next